05/25/24 +5.5 Days
- Weekly DarkSpace
05/25/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Enterprise
21th - Hobbyte

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.7] Beta Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
 Author [1.7] Beta Feedback
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-08-24 10:10   
not making the clamp limit divisible by the aura strength it applies to is a good thing.

taking the example of an aura of strength 8% whose clamp is at 20%,
the first aura gives full benefit, the 2nd gives full benefit, the 3rd gives only partial benefit, and after that more auras do not give benefit.

having the clamp limit divisible by the aura strength will
a) disturb the ideal maximum benefit that devs want to allow ships to get from an aura
b) result in a thinking that auras are good only when X of them are active, and X-1 is wasteful use of the aura (why cant 2 auras be as desirable as 3?)

be happy with what you have (in beta)

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-08-24 10:25   
Another thing to keep in mind is that some of these aura effects may wind up overlapping with effects from Enhancements, which can usually get up to 48%. We can't precisely predict how many Enhancements a ship will have, so we can't easily define the clamp to be a multiple of aura strength.

Ultimately, the clamp will depend on how much of that particular effect is TOO much, not what each aura provides.

Email Jim Starluck
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-08-24 13:02   
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 09:41, Fluttershy wrote:
Making the caps divisible by the aura strength, and having the cap shown in the description would be both good things.

Without any info, it's not clear to the player that a cap even exists, especially if it's an aura which only applies to enemy targets.

There is a red line whenever we enter dico field so having the cap shown in screen would be possible. It's really helpful to both sides - to know that you're buffed or nerfed by what kind of aura.

However, the trick is how to show multiple effects at the same time. I imagine positive effect in green or + and negative effect in red or - like this:
+speed, +recharge, -damage, -turn...

Without any information of the aura, who doesn't know about it will constantly ask for it. And our forum may be filled with that question again and again.

Terra Nova
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-08-24 16:09   
did once planets had special proporties? like Arid planets had higher Solar Generator output? (because it never rains or something)

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-08-24 16:46   
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 16:09, Terra Nova wrote:
did once planets had special proporties? like Arid planets had higher Solar Generator output? (because it never rains or something)

Nope, never.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-08-24 18:24   
Planets do get different resource caps, amounts of habitat and food production based on type, but apart from that, no.

some of the auras are currently broken/not currently implemented properly or something. I'm pretty sure you're working on these, but, you know...
[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2013-08-24 18:50 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-08-24 19:08   
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 18:24, iwancoppa wrote:
Planets do get different resource caps, amounts of habitat and food production based on type, but apart from that, no.

some of the auras are currently broken/not currently implemented properly or something. I'm pretty sure you're working on these, but, you know...
[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2013-08-24 18:50 ]

They're all fine?

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-08-25 05:28   
1) ships' ranks have become set to stuff like FA, thus causing distress to the young betatesters

2) engineers and transports (and maybe supplies) are not able to detect enemy planetary structures beyond 100 gu, as compared to 250 gu for most other ship classes

this is without any EWar interference or use of scanners

3) the game objects become invisible when the view camera is set vertical, facing towards the server's map heading +100 or -80

4) the EAD/Bastion dread model is slightly larger than its hitbox (nose pokes out of it. also, the model appears kind of tilted forward :/

5) the pirate ship name "The Plunder/'s Paradise", "Drake/'s Dewclaw" hava a slash in its name

6) fighter models are not aligned with their engine trails. further, fighter trails do not display properly in the target window

7) targeted EWar dont turn off when the target is destroyed

@panth : it doesnt appear so, in the full beta map we are unable to spawn fresh dreads and stations
[ This Message was edited by: Trader of Destiny on 2013-08-25 07:41 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-08-25 07:20   
ToD : beta is currently set to ignore rank and badge requirements, as well as the shipyard requirement. You can spawn anything at the gate.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-08-25 10:37   
Jack, sometime last night, Beta started using the full 1.7 Metaverse instead of the smaller testing map. Not sure why, but it appears to have also invalidated the no-rank-requirement thing.

Email Jim Starluck
Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2013-08-25 12:08   
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 10:37, Jim Starluck wrote:
Jack, sometime last night, Beta started using the full 1.7 Metaverse instead of the smaller testing map. Not sure why, but it appears to have also invalidated the no-rank-requirement thing.

I noticed that too
[ This Message was edited by: Admiral Venic Tackle on 2013-08-25 12:09 ]

Pleasse do not cry

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-08-25 12:24   
Yeah, my bad I'm testing out some new code that sleeps a server when no clients are connected...

We just need to add some configuration lines to the other server configs to allow all ship types again.

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-08-25 12:41   
I've updated the node configurations to allow spawning of all ships in all areas.

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-08-25 14:35   
Just had something funky happen.. While I was admiring the map (Really love it, just hoping we arn't losing too much of it to AI/low rankers)

Anyway, I joined in as ICC.

Was looking around at all the systems, got to sol and I realized that I could see UGTO and they were friendly.. at first perhaps I thought someone snagged the UGTO/ICC are allied button.. but soon I had several ICC frigs jumping me.

In short:

Somehow while looking around at different systems, I ended up from being on ICC, to UGTO.

I wish I could give you better details.. Ill try to replicate the problem.
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-08-25 15:43   
Recently, I answered to some newbie about transport badge.
I recognize that the name of the badge had been true in 1.5 then lost its meaning in 1.6.
Rename it to Planet Occupied badge would solve the problem.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031566 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR