05/25/24 +5.1 Days
- Weekly DarkSpace
05/25/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Enterprise
21th - Hobbyte

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.7] Beta Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
 Author [1.7] Beta Feedback
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-09-29 08:28   
No longer crashing on my side.

-Sheraton

[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-09-29 11:09 ]

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-09-30 00:54   
Overdrive now breaks the orbit command with its new hotkey. What about K? Or L to help avoid accidentally mixing up the jd and od.

Edit: And it is also still completely broken in its interaction with the regular jd. E-jumping is infinite and uses the wrong drive. The regular drive doesn't even seem to want to engage.
[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel on 2013-09-30 00:58 ]

Altodar
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-30 05:33   
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 00:54, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
Overdrive now breaks the orbit command with its new hotkey. What about K? Or L to help avoid accidentally mixing up the jd and od.

Edit: And it is also still completely broken in its interaction with the regular jd. E-jumping is infinite and uses the wrong drive. The regular drive doesn't even seem to want to engage.

Yes, it's incredibly broken. I'm fairly certain they are going to remove it unless an easy fix can be found.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-09-30 08:34   
You currently cannot switch out EWAR on the UGTO in beta, or the ICC.

-Sheraton

[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-09-30 10:36 ]

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-09-30 10:40   
The new missile turn rates seem acceptable to me. You can still evade but its a much harder proposition than it was before. The damage is comparable to whichever type of missile you are using and creates both a real and noticeable difference between the ships. In terms of Missile V Missile ships. the ICC missile ships have slightly better point defense archs which allow them to come out ahead if the pilot knows what he or she is doing and utilizes the pulse shield. The energy drain between the two is also noticeable, as is the range. Missile ships like dreads and cruisers engaging another ship inside minimum arming range of their missiles tend to be destroyed and dealt with easily. There are of course exceptions to this rule. However, on the whole I find the missile mechanics much more pleasing than it was before.

-Sheraton

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-09-30 18:16   
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 05:33, Altodar wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 00:54, Chewy Squirrel wrote:

Yes, it's incredibly broken. I'm fairly certain they are going to remove it unless an easy fix can be found.

Yeah. The Overdrive module was an experimental attempt to address perceived shortcomings of Beam ships--that they have trouble getting into and staying in range of their targets. If we could get it to work properly we might give the Overdrive another try, but we'll be removing it from the Storm Cruiser for the initial release.

Email Jim Starluck
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-09-30 18:54   
Isn't the whole point of beams massive damage against same size or larger targets? The only issues I've ever had with beam heavy ships was energy, and that was only when I was going full speed to try and keep in range of something smaller to finish it off.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-30 20:03   
If you want beam ships to be better, just increase the damage. Right now they don't feel particularily painful.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-09-30 20:07   
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 20:03, iwancoppa wrote:
If you want beam ships to be better, just increase the damage. Right now they don't feel particularily painful.

Have you fought the new siphon yet or the nightshade?

-Sheraton

[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-09-30 20:07 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-30 21:19   
the Nightsahde can kill any dread 1 vs 1 if it decloaks from behind lol
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-30 22:38   
Er, human beam ships, that is. Especially the smaller ones.

Altodar
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-01 00:34   
The lasers should have the highest DPS of all the basic weapons.

While torpedoes pack all of their damage into a single shot, lasers must stay trained on the enemy ship constantly for maximum effect.

DPS isn't so important in this game, but when lasers are concerned, it is a bigger factor, because you probably would want to be doing more damage over time than torpedoes and cannons are doing to you.

One of the perks of a beam ship is having an extra plate of armor, so a T1 beam ship has the most armor of any ship class in the game.
They need that armor, because getting close enough to use those beams is pretty much going to gurantee that you get hit.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-01 06:56   
Not to mention beams are worse vs. little ships compared to torpedos

dread jumps scout at 20gu and fires torpedos = all damage at once = dead scout

dread jumps scout at 20gu and fires beams = gradual damage application = ohgod ejump

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-01 07:47   
Quote:
On 2013-10-01 06:56, iwancoppa wrote:
Not to mention beams are worse vs. little ships compared to torpedos

dread jumps scout at 20gu and fires torpedos = all damage at once = dead scout

dread jumps scout at 20gu and fires beams = gradual damage application = ohgod ejump

Actually. The beams could be better, because the beams are point-to-point weapons. If you fire torpedoes at a scout it's entirely possible for them to just weave in between or to the side of the torpedoes. However, a beam cannot be evaded so easily.

-Sheraton

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-02 10:48   
In Beta. Sometimes my fighters disappear from my screen and I become unable to give them orders. However, even if I have the maximum number of fighters deployed, the game is still letting me try and launch new ones. This results in wasting my fighters ammunition and rendering fighters less useful because I cannot see where my fighters are or what they are doing. It would appear that other people can still see them, but I cannot order them to do anything. Even ordering them to return does nothing. I chiefly seem to experience this bug after I do a jump away from an enemy ship to get out of their weapon range.

-Sheraton

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030704 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR