- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +1.5 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +7.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.7] Beta Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
 Author [1.7] Beta Feedback
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-10-02 16:33   
Quote:
On 2013-10-02 10:48, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
In Beta. Sometimes my fighters disappear from my screen and I become unable to give them orders. However, even if I have the maximum number of fighters deployed, the game is still letting me try and launch new ones. This results in wasting my fighters ammunition and rendering fighters less useful because I cannot see where my fighters are or what they are doing. It would appear that other people can still see them, but I cannot order them to do anything. Even ordering them to return does nothing. I chiefly seem to experience this bug after I do a jump away from an enemy ship to get out of their weapon range.

-Sheraton

You're desynced.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-02 18:03   
Quote:
On 2013-10-02 16:33, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-02 10:48, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
In Beta. Sometimes my fighters disappear from my screen and I become unable to give them orders. However, even if I have the maximum number of fighters deployed, the game is still letting me try and launch new ones. This results in wasting my fighters ammunition and rendering fighters less useful because I cannot see where my fighters are or what they are doing. It would appear that other people can still see them, but I cannot order them to do anything. Even ordering them to return does nothing. I chiefly seem to experience this bug after I do a jump away from an enemy ship to get out of their weapon range.

-Sheraton

You're desynced.

Is there a particular cause of this desynch? Or is it just random?

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Altodar
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-03 02:08   
We've have several cases of desync plaguing the game, mainly with missiles and fighters.

The worst part is that the gadget cooldown lockout seems to be client side, so even if you are able to fire a missile or launch a fighter server-side, the client will not let you because on your client it is still recharging.

Making clients wait to receive a message from the server before starting the gadget cooldown could resolve some issues of desync. Basically, you wouldn't see the blue recharge bar until the server sends back the instruction to start it, and to what capacity, possibly accounting for ping in the process.

[ This Message was edited by: Altodar on 2013-10-03 02:09 ]

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-03 08:07   
Quote:
On 2013-10-03 02:08, Altodar wrote:
We've have several cases of desync plaguing the game, mainly with missiles and fighters.

The worst part is that the gadget cooldown lockout seems to be client side, so even if you are able to fire a missile or launch a fighter server-side, the client will not let you because on your client it is still recharging.

Making clients wait to receive a message from the server before starting the gadget cooldown could resolve some issues of desync. Basically, you wouldn't see the blue recharge bar until the server sends back the instruction to start it, and to what capacity, possibly accounting for ping in the process.

[ This Message was edited by: Altodar on 2013-10-03 02:09 ]

ping is already fixed in beta. I haven't managed to ping any k'luth in beta.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-03 08:21   
liking the nemesis alot

Pleasse do not cry

Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-03 08:30   
could you please add a faction switch for beta? It would be much easier to test ships rather than just logging and relogging

Pleasse do not cry

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-04 14:37   
UGTO command dread is a bit disordered (1 proton - 1 quantum - 4 proton - 1 quantum - proton...).

Command is a close range ship so EWAR aura is not a good default. Security and Damage seems to be best combo on Command. Subscpace and Tactical seems fine on Citadel. Of course aura doesn't affect the mothership itself but the combo maybe fit the ships that have same layouts. Citadel will be among cannon ships, while Command will be among assault ships.

By the way
ALL SHIPS ARE OUT
Go test them folks.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-10-05 07:22   
noticed luth stations have ahr, and damage contoll, also the hive doesn't have its reload drones, just a aoe repair field.

Email Borgie
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-05 08:31   
Quote:
On 2013-10-05 07:22, Borgie wrote:
noticed luth stations have ahr, and damage contoll, also the hive doesn't have its reload drones, just a aoe repair field.

AHR and DC is intentional I think...
Also I believe the removal of repair drones is also intentional. Since the ICC Support Station no longer has those either.

-Sheraton
[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-10-05 09:15 ]

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-05 13:39   
Umm when i recall fighters from a station or from other fighter carrying ship my game swiftly crashes...

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-10-05 14:23   

I noticed that the Nemesis' mesh is a little corrupted. Must have happened during the FBX conversion.

I've done the necessary corrections and have reuploaded the model. Jim and Wally will take care of it once they have the time.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-10-07 00:34   
I remember when they first added damage control, luth stations had it as well as AHR, but they removed DC from lobster stations a couple days later due to it being overpowered.

Maybe they are trying it again this time around or have adjusted the numbers?

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-07 01:03   
Any chance of adding the ability to disable Damage Control?

In a standoff situation where you are the attacker and have external support you might want to save some of it for a more critical time instead of it constantly triggering when you are in no danger of dieing.

Especially since now returning to a planet to refill it in a station is going to be much more of a PITA.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-07 08:59   
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 01:03, Chewy Squirrel wrote:

In a standoff situation where you are the attacker and have external support you might want to save some of it for a more critical time instead of it constantly triggering when you are in no danger of dieing.

Especially since now returning to a planet to refill it in a station is going to be much more of a PITA.

If stations work as envisioned by the devs, then a station should usually only be around a planet. However, I agree that the option would still be nice.

-Sheraton

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-07 10:27   
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 08:59, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 01:03, Chewy Squirrel wrote:

If stations work as envisioned by the devs, then a station should usually only be around a planet. However, I agree that the option would still be nice.

-Sheraton

A lone station will have a better chance around a planet, but without something to intercept long range cannon/missile/carrier boats then its just easy pickings. Stations are actually really vulnerable. They can't run very far and are very easy to track (much slower jump drive, massive cooldown, huge signature, etc). Can't dock while in combat.

And the only variant that can really defend itself is the combat ones - and those are easily taken out by long range too.

Without support, don't bring one out. You'll just lose prestige.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026026 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR