- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +1.6 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +7.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.7] Beta Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
 Author [1.7] Beta Feedback
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-18 07:26   
Quote:
On 2013-09-18 06:35, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
I also wish to point out that interceptor fighters are being relegated to a purely defensive role in 1.7. They are no longer used to attack ships but to defend against other fighters and missiles so they are useless in a "first strike" capacity.

-Sheraton

By first strike, I mean the UGTO interceptors would hit enemy interceptors first, but the ICC ones would fire a bit more rapidly so they're more effective at screening stuff that doesn't shoot them down.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-09-18 08:23   
Quote:
On 2013-09-18 06:58, iwancoppa wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-18 06:32, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Once more, I reinterate that just because the ICC has the lowest number of fighters is not a reason to change the layout IMO. The UGTO have the most fighters on their ships and that is by design. I really don't see the problem with a fleet carrier losing to another carrier. Also, I am against the removal of the pulse shield for any ICC ship since that would be the equivalent of asking us the k'luth to sacrifice their cloak on a ship.

Also, do you even know how the pulse shield works? It does not destroy friendly fighters or missiles, and it's range scales with the ship it is on. The dread pulse shield has a larger range than the destroyer pulse shield for instance and fighters DO get into pulse shield range, you must time it correctly to use the pulse shield efficiently.

-Sheraton

so you're basically saying you're fine with ICC getting a gimped carrier and you're dead set on having a pretty mediocre special ability on every ship...

Yea right. Just because you don't care about fighters.

Heh. While I'm sorta flattered that you like the M320 hull (Honestly I hate the design), you gotta take a step back and realize that we can't break the design rules just because a few ppl want something different. It's a T1 ship. It has its place among the other ICC carriers.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-09-18 13:01   
Ok, now that my new computer is up and running I've redone the turn rate tests as promised after the armor mass multiplier was reduced. Results are mixed, and some are downright questionable. I'm again not bothering with Dreadnoughts because in 1.7 their turn rates are purposely lower due to increased hull mass.

Turn rate comparison:

ICC Scout with 1 armor plate, turn rate of 42, previously 41
ICC Scout with no armor, turn rate of 44 (release only)

UGTO Scout with 5 armor plates, turn rate of 30, previously 25
UGTO Scout with 4 armor plates, turn rate of 36, previously 31, release 31

Kluth Scout with 5 armor plates, turn rate of 38, previously 33
Kluth Scout with 4 armor plates, turn rate of 40, previously 34
Kluth Scout with 3 armor plates, turn rate of 39 (release only)

ICC Frigate with 4 armor plates, turn rate of 25, previously 24
ICC Frigate with 3 armor plates, turn rate of 26, previously 24,
ICC Frigate with 2 armor plates, turn rate of 26, previously 25, release 26
ICC Frigate with 1 armor plate, turn rate of 27, previously 26, release 27
ICC Frigate with 0 armor plates, turn rate of 28, previously 28

UGTO Frigate with 8 armor plates, turn rate of 22, previously 17
UGTO Frigate with 7 armor plates, turn rate of 23, previously 18
UGTO Frigate with 6 armor plates, turn rate of 23, previously 20, release 20
UGTO Frigate with 5 armor plates, turn rate of 24, previously 21, release 21

Kluth Frigate with 7 armor plates, turn rate of 24, previously 21
Kluth Frigate with 6 armor plates, turn rate of 25, previously 22
Kluth Frigate with 5 armor plates, turn rate of 25, previously 23, release 24
Kluth Frigate wtih 4 armor plates, turn rate of 26, previously 24, release 25

ICC Destroyer with 6 armor plates, turn rate of 20 (Apparently one got an extra armor plate added since my last test. Or I just missed it the first time, either way.)
ICC Destroyer with 5 armor plates, turn rate of 20, previously 17
ICC Destroyer with 4 armor plates, turn rate of 20, previously 20, release 19
ICC Destroyer with 3 armor plates, turn rate of 21, previously 20, release 20
ICC Destroyer with 2 armor plates, turn rate of 21, previously 20
ICC Destroyer with 0 armor plates, turn rate of 23, previously 23

UGTO Destroyer with 10 armor plates, turn rate of 17, previously 14
UGTO Destroyer with 9 armor plates, turn rate of 18, previously 15
UGTO Destroyer with 8 armor plates, turn rate of 18, previously 15, release 16
UGTO Destroyer with 7 armor plates, turn rate of 19, previously 16, release 17

Kluth Destroyer with 9 armor plates, turn rate of 19, previously 17
Kluth Destroyer with 8 armor plates, turn rate of 20, previously 17, release 18
Kluth Destroyer with 7 armor plates, turn rate of 20, previously 18, release 19
Kluth Destroyer with 6 armor plates, turn rate of 20, previously 18

ICC Cruiser with 6 armor plates, turn rate of 16, previously 14
ICC Cruiser with 5 armor plates, turn rate of 16, previously 14
ICC Cruiser with 4 armor plates, turn rate of 16 (release only)
ICC Cruiser with 3 armor plates,turn rate of 17 (release only, 1.7 3 armor ICC Cruiser no longer exists due to addition of Overdrive gadget)
ICC Cruiser with 2 armor plates, turn rate of 17, previously 16
ICC Cruiser with 1 armor plate, turn rate of 17, previously 17
ICC Cruiser with no armor, turn rate of 22 (release only)

UGTO Cruiser with 10 armor plates, turn rate of 14, previously 11,
UGTO Cruiser with 9 armor plates, turn rate of 14, previously 12
UGTO Cruiser with 8 armor plates, turn rate of 14, previously 12, release 13
UGTO Cruiser with 7 armor plates, turn rate of 14 (release only)

Kluth Cruiser with 10 armor plates, turn rate of 15, previously 13
Kluth Cruiser with 9 armor plates, turn rate of 15, previously 13
Kluth Cruiser with 8 armor plates, turn rate of 16, previously 14
Kluth Cruiser with 7 armor plates, turn rate of 16, previously 14, release 15

As we can see most UGTO and Kluth ships got a substantial boost to turn rate due to the armor mass reduction, this is good as the turn rates for Kluth ships were rather bad and utterly abysmal for UGTO and they needed a bit of a boost.

However, UGTO and Kluth now have better turn rates than in release while ICC is about the same, and with Destroyers and Cruisers some are almost or even just as maneuverable as ICC ships that have less armor. It seems something is still a bit off. Most notably, to me at least, is the difference between no armor and just 1 plate of armor causing such a huge decrease in turn rate for ICC Cruisers.

To put it in perspective a bit:
ICC Scout: No armor, 44. 1 armor, 42.
ICC Frigate: No armor, 28. 1 armor, 27.
ICC Destroyer: No armor, 23. 1 armor, 21.
ICC Cruiser: No armor, 22. 1 armor, 17.

That single armor plate cuts turn rate by 5 (unchanged from before armor mass was lowered), but 5 more armor plates only reduces it by an additional 1 degree per second.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2013-09-18 16:11 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-19 05:59   
Missile Stats as of 19th September

(All stats: Energy useage/Range/DirectDMG avg in K/splashDMG avg in K)

Shroud 2.6/1500/23.5/8
Shock 7.9/1000/47.5/16

Raptor 2.2/1875/20/6.5
Phoenix 6.6/1250/40/10.5

LDM 1.8/2250/16/5.5
Harpex 5.3/1500/32/10.5

Don't have accuracy/velocity, but ICC ones are better in that department.

Tracking code hasn't been changed in the last day or two, right?

[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2013-09-19 06:13 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-23 06:09   
Suggestions:

Increase beam face-melting capability, especially at lower size ships. They really seem to lack some pain considering how hard it is to use them. Unless you're K'luth. Hmph.

Scale fighter bay energy useage to be congruent with other faction weapons.

Going off Railgun/PSI/Pcannon energy useage, it would scale to something like this;

K'luth 5.5
UGTO 4
ICC 2.2

Note: Energy useage by fighter bays is important for stealth purposes.

Instead of giving minelayers an *extra ewar* give them a scanner. Slightly more useful for the job.

Change cooldown enhancement so it actually works. Apparently it doesn't.

Plasma cannon damage seems a bit too low. About 10x too low.

Storm cruiser's jump drive seems to use the overdrive's fuel when active.

Storm cruiser's jump drive has 0 recharge. Whoops.

@kenny perhaps remove the missile silo openings from the storm cruiser? Beams =/= missiles

Notification of complaint: Please switch flagship and com carrier requirements so more people can fly the useful ship.

Not going to ask why the M-300 torp dread wastes time with rear launchers.

Variance torpedo explosion effect is a bit boring, needs more flames and fire and explodeyness.

@kenny: Agincourt only has 8 fighter launch rails at the front. Please add more to satisfy my OCD

Nightshade looks scary. Please change game rating to MA-15+ as it scared my dog.

Border Cruiser to cause mass whine. Please nerf pre-emptively.

Planet Siege Missiles are named Proton Siege Missiles in the refitting tooltip.

Bombing control off a planet is a cool mechanic. Please make it actually viable.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-09-23 08:05   
Quote:
On 2013-09-23 06:09, iwancoppa wrote:
Suggestions:

Not going to ask why the M-300 torp dread wastes time with rear launchers.

Variance torpedo explosion effect is a bit boring, needs more flames and fire and explodeyness.

If you scaled fighters to be in line with the rest of the weapons then I would be able to, with the exception of missiles, be able to remain entirely cloaked without having to use any signal amplifiers. This would make carriers virtually undetectable and the net effect, in my opinion, would be to make it utterly impossible to ever detect a carrier unless it wanted to be. Also, the fighters are not cannons and the energy useage should be higher to compensate for the insane range of the fighters.

I am reasonably certain that a scanner falls under the role of E-War. Also, a scanner increases the range at which you can detect a ship, I am not sure it necessarily applies to mines, and the fact that ECM cover can now help to hide mines would make an extra eccm more helpful than a scanner at least on the lower tier ships like destroyers and cruisers. As for dreadnoughts, I am not particularly sure about that one, theoretically a dreadnought should have enough armor to withstand the explosion of mines. Although, I personally think that minelayers should get an extra armor arch on the aft section of the ship.

Are you certain you were using the right type of weapon cooldown enhancement when testing? Beams require beam cooldown enhancement and all others require weapon cooldown enhancements. I am not sure if this applies to things like bombs which are bombs and not necessarily meant for attacking ships.

The torp dread has torps on its rear so it can attack a ship that uncloaks on its back or a dread doing the same and also just because it has good firing archs.

The variance torp effect is just superficial.

Which ship are you defining as useful: the Flagship Dread or the Command Carrier and why?

The border cruiser was given a type of nerf when they added armor to it. That aside, why will it cause whining? Just because it can cloak with ecm reasonably well? That is currently true in the release version of Darkspace and it hasn't seemed to cause people much grief, its a harrassment ship meant to engage in hit and run tactics. Now with the new E-War mechanics the other factions have a semi-viable counter to the Border Cruiser in the form of their ECCM ships.

-Sheraton

[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-09-23 08:31 ]

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-09-23 09:04   
Quote:
On 2013-09-23 08:05, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
The border cruiser was given a type of nerf when they added armor to it. That aside, why will it cause whining? Just because it can cloak with ecm reasonably well? That is currently true in the release version of Darkspace and it hasn't seemed to cause people much grief, its a harrassment ship meant to engage in hit and run tactics. Now with the new E-War mechanics the other factions have a semi-viable counter to the Border Cruiser in the form of their ECCM ships.

What he said. BC lost 5 turn rate from getting 1 armor, that is a huge nerf. As far as whining, well, people whined and cried about it much like the Missile Frigates, then ECM was nerfed and people could no longer use it to fire while keeping negative sig. ECM is more useful in 1.7 but I'm sure people will still whine and cry about being shot at by ships they can't see and demand nerfs instead of using ECCM to counter it like happened previously with the MF and BC.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-09-23 09:24   
Quote:
On 2013-09-23 09:04, Talien wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-23 08:05, Sheraton *XO* wrote:

What he said. BC lost 5 turn rate from getting 1 armor, that is a huge nerf. As far as whining, well, people whined and cried about it much like the Missile Frigates, then ECM was nerfed and people could no longer use it to fire while keeping negative sig. ECM is more useful in 1.7 but I'm sure people will still whine and cry about being shot at by ships they can't see and demand nerfs instead of using ECCM to counter it like happened previously with the MF and BC.

Staying hidding is much easier than trying to unmask someone with ECCM, hence why those previous cases you stated were nerfed. The MF could stay hidden indefinitately and never be countered, which was why it was nerfed, and anything like this will be nerfed, like the Ganglia many versions ago that could stay hidden via ECM and cloak anternately and fire missiles/fighters until the cows came home. You could never catch it, and so it created an imbalanced frustration with the opposite party unable to do anything.

It's all very well saying "instead of using ECCM to counter", but it's not quite as black and white as that.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-09-23 09:32   
Quote:

Staying hidding is much easier than trying to unmask someone with ECCM, hence why those previous cases you stated were nerfed. The MF could stay hidden indefinitately and never be countered, which was why it was nerfed, and anything like this will be nerfed, like the Ganglia many versions ago that could stay hidden via ECM and cloak anternately and fire missiles/fighters until the cows came home. You could never catch it, and so it created an imbalanced frustration with the opposite party unable to do anything.

It's all very well saying "instead of using ECCM to counter", but it's not quite as black and white as that.

I concede that point. However, I get -4 sig while firing 5-6 of the gauss guns on the border cruiser. This is with an 18% increase to the amplifiers. Without that, I am unable to remain cloaked while shooting that many unless I am being assisted by another ship, with the scanner the sig is raised even more. I don't really foresee a problem with the border cruiser since the sig can easily be countered by either A) an ECCM boat just spamming either focused ECCM or AoE ECCM, or even Longwave ECCM since I must be within about 1500 to actually fire my gauss guns. B) Alternatively you could just immediately pounce the border cruiser or put a sensor base on a planet to deal with it.

[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-09-23 09:32 ]

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-23 17:17   
I suspect the border will cause rage because, stock, it can raise your sig by 18 and apply decent DPS out to 1500gu. Oh, and those shields will regen quickly in the face of fire from smaller vessels, too.

The flagship dread is way more useful then the carrier dread. It's a combat dread sans ions but command gadgets. A *combat* command, if you'll have it.

4 torpedos to the rear on the torp dread sounds like an utter waste of time. You won't hurt much with 4 launchers, better to have them on the front for a better frontal alpha.

Even if fighterbay energy useage isn't scaled as extremely as cannons, I still think it's fair to scale the energy useage based on how the faction performs. Can't pick and choose faction advantages/disadvantages at will, that causes unbalanced scrapheaps like the current release version.

Also expecting range ENH combat dreads shooting over 2100gu to cause rage against UGTO stations with max missile range of 1875.
[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2013-09-23 17:18 ]

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-09-23 19:10   
Quote:
On 2013-09-23 17:17, iwancoppa wrote:
I suspect the border will cause rage because, stock, it can raise your sig by 18 and apply decent DPS out to 1500gu. Oh, and those shields will regen quickly in the face of fire from smaller vessels, too.

The flagship dread is way more useful then the carrier dread. It's a combat dread sans ions but command gadgets. A *combat* command, if you'll have it.

4 torpedos to the rear on the torp dread sounds like an utter waste of time. You won't hurt much with 4 launchers, better to have them on the front for a better frontal alpha.

Even if fighterbay energy useage isn't scaled as extremely as cannons, I still think it's fair to scale the energy useage based on how the faction performs. Can't pick and choose faction advantages/disadvantages at will, that causes unbalanced scrapheaps like the current release version.

Also expecting range ENH combat dreads shooting over 2100gu to cause rage against UGTO stations with max missile range of 1875.
[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2013-09-23 17:18 ]

Stock it raises the signature by 18 but that is only if you apply the ECCM instead of ECM. The effectiveness of a BC is lowered when its not shooting from the sides since most of its firepower is directed on the port and starboard sides and the fighters energy useage and long recharge time, which adds to your signature, counterbalances for the fact that the fighters do not use more energy since the energy recharge directly affects the increase of your signature.
Additionally would you clarify on what you mean by how the faction performs? And the reason ICC shields now seem to regenerate even quicker is because the overall HP of the shields has been decreased which makes it seem like our shields are regenerating quicker than they are in release.

Enhancements inherently unbalance the game from stock forms but taking the fact that the UGTO missile range is not 1875 as you stated, I believe they will be fine and if someone is deploying a station they should have support in 1.7 anyway. And I personally like to be able to assault my enemies no matter what direction I am facing but that is a preference of the individual.

-Sheraton

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-24 04:54   
With the border cruiser, using ECM is useless. When you're in the long range boat, there is little point hiding - chances are your shorter ranged enemies will try to hide from you. Also, Cloakies.

The border cruiser has faster shield recharge because it has dual layered shields instead of the usual single layer.

Just because fighter bay energy useage really only affects signature raise doesn't mean that they should not accurately reflect faction traits. Across the board Luth weapons use more, ICC use less and UGTO in the middle. Considering that fighter damage reflects the faction 3-way balance(Luth > UGTO > ICC) It's a bit unfair that other elements of the 3-way balance are not applied to fighter bays.

Yes, enhancements might skew things. UGTO long range missiles might not be 1875. I put it in a post earlier - the important point; They are less then 2000. Besides, I'm sure people will have higher priorities then range mods on a battle station.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-24 05:13   
I think it's kind of nice that the BC has that plate of armor.
It allows you to lower your shields more safely... if you take a bit of damage before you get your shields online, it goes to the armor which can be repaired, rather than the hull which has no ability to self-repair at all.

Besides, if you don't want that armor, just lower your shields, let it get obliterated, and enjoy your sudden gain in turn rate

Directed ECCM devices I find to be really unreliable because it mandates that you see your target in the first place for it to be effective.
If the directed ones had a small field of effect around their target, then you could 'blind fire' the thing.
It wouldn't be as useful as scout and frigate EW though because they have broad radius fields that are as mobile as the ship using it.
Imagine ships with targeted ECCM firing at a friendly scout, and basically bouncing it off of them so anything maybe 200gu away is affected.

Pleaaaase can we allow for directed devices to have a small radius of effect around their target? It would allow for them to scale up just as well as the frigate and scout devices, but they wouldn't be flat-out better due to the small radius and lengthy reaquisition time.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2013-09-24 05:18 ]

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-09-24 09:21   
Quote:
On 2013-09-24 04:54, iwancoppa wrote:
With the border cruiser, using ECM is useless. When you're in the long range boat, there is little point hiding - chances are your shorter ranged enemies will try to hide from you. Also, Cloakies.

The border cruiser has faster shield recharge because it has dual layered shields instead of the usual single layer.

Just because fighter bay energy useage really only affects signature raise doesn't mean that they should not accurately reflect faction traits. Across the board Luth weapons use more, ICC use less and UGTO in the middle. Considering that fighter damage reflects the faction 3-way balance(Luth > UGTO > ICC) It's a bit unfair that other elements of the 3-way balance are not applied to fighter bays.

Yes, enhancements might skew things. UGTO long range missiles might not be 1875. I put it in a post earlier - the important point; They are less then 2000. Besides, I'm sure people will have higher priorities then range mods on a battle station.

the range on UGTO missiles on stations is 2500 and in fact the best use of the BC is ECM because it gives you greater ability to hide and evade enemies while shooting at them.

-Sheraton

[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-09-24 09:25 ]

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-09-24 11:02   
Quote:
On 2013-09-24 05:13, Fluttershy wrote:

Pleaaaase can we allow for directed devices to have a small radius of effect around their target? It would allow for them to scale up just as well as the frigate and scout devices, but they wouldn't be flat-out better due to the small radius and lengthy reaquisition time.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2013-09-24 05:18 ]

Just a note that I do not think anyone has mentioned yet. Actually staying at a planet and refitting for a different type of E-War device will actually cancel out the recharge time on the EWAR device. Meaning you can just switch out the devices in order to cancel the lengthy downtime on EWAR.

-Sheraton

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028658 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR