05/25/24 +5.6 Days
- Weekly DarkSpace
05/25/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Enterprise
21th - Hobbyte

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.7] Soft-release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
 Author [1.7] Soft-release Feedback
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-17 00:45   
carpet bombing revolted planets with fighter-bombers is giving no pres. broken or working as intended?

Altodar
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-17 02:27   
Could you make it so that the wormhole object and icon has some indication of which direction ships will exit from?

Just making the icon for the WH have a pointed end, and possibly adding a directional particle effect to the WH would be helpful.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-17 08:08   
Quote:
On 2013-10-16 21:36, Terra Nova wrote:
i was playing Scenario and i saw a AI destroyer and a AI Cruiser!

i thought there wasent gunna be any powerful AI in scenario

also why Plasma Cannon does just as much dmg to shields as it does armor? Plasma cannons should do atleast 25% less dmg to shields but 25% to armor and same with Psi cannons , 25% less dmg to armor but 25% more to Shields, a ganglia with all plasma cannons should crap dmg to a ICC dread but is feard by anyone in a UGTO dread
[ This Message was edited by: Terra Nova on 2013-10-16 22:30 ]

....eww no.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-10-17 10:01   
Quote:
On 2013-10-17 00:20, Talien wrote:
Remember that Bomber Dreadnoughts have diddly in the way of weaponry. Quickly jumping one with a PD ship, even just a Frigate, is enough to effectively shut it down as it won't be able to do much of anything about you following it and PDing it's bombs right after they're launched. You don't need to blow it up to get rid of one as a threat and about the only thing it can do to hurt you is SD in your face.

This.

Just get an assault cruiser on the bomber dread's ass, and it's usually curtains for the big guy. Tough luck for him if he just jumped in, because in 1.7, he can't turn for nuts and his JD is gonna take forever to charge up. And he has nothing, save a few dinky lazors for def.

Clubbing a big baby seal....

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-10-17 11:04   
Would it be possible to add projectile velocity to the tooltips for Cannons, Torpedoes, and Missiles?

And am I the only person who thinks the the T3 ICC Destroyer is inferior to the T2 Missile/Torpedo Destroyer? They have the same number of missiles/torps, the only difference in armament is the T3 has 2 more standard chem lasers and 1 HCL but the T2 has 8x shields instead of 4x shields/4x composite armor. If the T3 was missile/torp/cannon instead of missile/torp/beam it'd be useful, but I can't really think of any situation where you'd want to stay in beam range rather than missile range unless you're out of missiles.....but in that situation you'd be better off jumping out to reload than closing in to use a handful of beams.

Speaking of beams, PD beams+Beam Accelerators=awesome.

Defense enh are adding damage reduction instead of HP. Spawned a Siege Transport and loaded it up with def enh and wondered why the HP didn't increase on the tooltips, then noticed it listed 40% damage reduction.

[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2013-10-17 11:05 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-17 11:09   
I'm being in K'Luth home sector and it says "region is locked, no prestige gain". Seriously?
12 sectors of planets are too many, honestly.

Mining bug: excecute mining and gain 0 resource. But when deactivate, resource increases!

Order bug: example you have 3 build drone in the order A, B, C. Only when A is not working, the structure turns white - mean you can build. If A is working, although B and C is not working, the structure does not turn white. Also happen with starport.

Having lobby chat appear in game is annoying. Need chat filter to hide such text.

It's confusing that you can see people chat in green but you don't see them on the list in F2.

I used Hive to help friend capturing planet. And I would say WH was pretty much useless due to its WH randomness. I got stuck when I was 3000gu from the planet and JD had been half charged. Not much to say but to confirm that WH & HMA isn't a good combination as I expect.

K'Luth shock missle max range is 1000gu, clearly inferior to UGTO and ICC core cannon or cannon range. Ganglia - the Kluth missle ship - loses on the range battle against ICC combat dread!!!
[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2013-10-17 14:24 ]

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-10-17 12:04   
So since I'm anal retentive about certain things I have noticed that the names of some of the new K'Luth ships have deviated from the arthropod morphology of yore, and because I have no life I thought of new names for said ships.

List of inconsistent names:
Frigates
-Veil: Ewar » Aristate (Fly antennae)
-Viper: Stealth Gunship »Palp (Mouth appendage for tasting)
-Lamprey: Light assault w/ elfs » Nota (Skeletal plate on the top of the thorax)
-mauler: Stealth Attack » Chaeta (Hairs like those on a tarantula)
Destroyers
-Achene: Minelayer » Cercus (rear appendages)
-Rachis: Torp » Acanthae (tiny spines on the exoskeleton)
-Thistle: Med sized defense/beams » Elytra (the hard wing covers of beatles)
-Ravager: Med sized attack »Fossorial (legs for digging)
Cruiser
- Cataphyl: Bomber » Pharynx (throat)
- Mirage: Ewar » Serrate (serrated looking antennae)
-Stalker: Heavy torp » Spine (technical jargon....)
-naga: Stealth Gunship » Pedicel (the part of the antennae that contains the sensory organ)
-scythe: Heavy general attack » Saltatorial (jumping legs, like for a grasshopper)
Dread
-Cruciform: Bomber » Maxilla (mouth parts under the mandibles)
-Nightshade: beams w/ elf » Sclerite (general term for a skeletal plate)
-Wyvern: Minelayer » Ovipositor (egg laying unmentionables)
-Harbinger: Ewar/command » Genticulate ( elbowed antenna, think most stinging insects, ants, bees, wasps)
-Eclipse: stealth/torps » Trichoid (sensory hair/spine, see what i did there)
-Nemesis: super heavy does everything curbstomp wagon » Raptorial (legs for grabbing prey, think preying mantis legs)

I broke it down as some thing kinda like this. Ewar ships are named after various types of antenna, Stealth ships are named after sense organs, attack ships are named after types of limbs, bombers are named after mouthparts, Minelayers are named after unmentionables, beam heavy ships/ elf ships are named after exoskeletal plates, and Torpedo ships are named after protuberances.

[ This Message was edited by: Scorched Soul[+R] on 2013-10-17 12:16 ]

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-17 12:34   
I don't see any AI ships in mv, other than trannies. Well, where are they?

Pleasse do not cry

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2013-10-17 14:21   
I am very reluctantly posting this because of all the crap in the past with the constant moans about certain factions being OP but i feel strongly about this - that either ICC Harpex missiles are way too powerful or UGTO Phoenix missiles are way too underpowered.

Or (and i greatly hope not) that this is the way it is ment to be.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-17 14:28   
Ironically, I get rid of Ganglia due to its short range missle and stick with Nemesis thanks to its long range mine lol

I watched a bomber dread ran on a suicide way. Dread is too slow for such bombing task in this era, when there is ANY combat ship around.
[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2013-10-17 14:32 ]

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-17 14:30   
Quote:
On 2013-10-17 11:09, DiepLuc wrote:

Order bug: example you have 3 build drone in the order A, B, C. Only when A is not working, the structure turns white - mean you can build. If A is working, although B and C is not working, the structure does not turn white. Also happen with starport.

[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2013-10-17 14:24 ]

This was present in the last version as well and I was never sure whether or not it was a glitch. The overall time does not change, as one structure still gets built slower than the other one. The time is just divided between two structures instead of being focussed on one but the one structure. Honestly it's a better strategy to just start building 1 building. Immeditely cancel building it and then create another building while an AI engineer begins building the structure you just stopped building.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-10-17 16:31   
I have noticed that the reflection, on K'Luth fighters at least, completely obscures the texture on the side that faces the sun and the other side is too dark to see when you zoom in.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-17 16:53   
Quote:
On 2013-10-17 14:21, Abbot wrote:
I am very reluctantly posting this because of all the crap in the past with the constant moans about certain factions being OP but i feel strongly about this - that either ICC Harpex missiles are way too powerful or UGTO Phoenix missiles are way too underpowered.

Or (and i greatly hope not) that this is the way it is ment to be.

Last time I checked harpex did a bit less damage with more range. ICC are supposed to be the missile faction so bring some pd

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-10-17 16:55   
Quote:
On 2013-10-17 14:30, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-17 11:09, DiepLuc wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2013-10-17 16:56 ]

This was present in the last version as well and I was never sure whether or not it was a glitch. The overall time does not change, as one structure still gets built slower than the other one. The time is just divided between two structures instead of being focussed on one but the one structure. Honestly it's a better strategy to just start building 1 building. Immeditely cancel building it and then create another building while an AI engineer begins building the structure you just stopped building.

-Sheraton

It's always been around as far as I can tell, your right, It has no impact and can be easily worked around

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-17 18:01   
As a note of concern, I find the k'luth armor may be slightly high in relation to weapons like regular torpedoes and rails. Missile damage atm I am not sure of for obvious reasons. I will check once the actual missiles are corrected.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028230 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR