- Towel Day
05/25/24 +6.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Hellaciouss
15th - phoenixfyre
13th - Rain of Fire [O-XII]

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.7] Soft-release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
 Author [1.7] Soft-release Feedback
Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-10-25 22:42   
Ive noticed that travel time through systems that you cant SY through has ballooned for Dreads and stations in particular. For dreads because the 2 min JD time means you spend 2 min moving from system to system, and for station not so much systems but servers because the WH will usually get you 1k away from the gate which means a 9 min 3gu/s ride to the gate or a 10 min JD recharge wait. So I was wondering if you could say half the JD charge times and then make the combat timer apply a negative cooldown effect to increase charge times when you jump into combat, or something to the effect of using you JD to get into or out of combat makes it take longer to recharge but you can travel between systems more quickly.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-26 00:13   
TLDR of above post:

OOC timer increases JD recharge time

not being in combat = faster JD

Good idea, except potentially abuseable by cloak or hiding with ECM.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-26 06:08   
Despite UGTO Being outnumbered by ICC in our own system(sol), There were plenty of ICC AI but no UGTO AI.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-26 06:52   
ai system that now discourages teamwork, and causes players to count rank values.

Bad.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-26 07:35   
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 06:52, Azreal wrote:
ai system that now discourages teamwork, and causes players to count rank values.

Bad.

The rank weighted system works well up to a point, but I think when it comes to numerical superiority, a faction should probably not get more AI.

Or if it does get more AI, it should possibly spawn support roles instead?

The reason is, even if you are comparing the difference between a CM and an Admiral, thats still enough of a difference for serveral ships, and no player is good enough to counter that. And that doesn't feel fair.

If it were just things like supply ships or engineers, I don't see that being as big of an issue.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-26 10:44   
I'd like to ask if the Flux Wave could have its numerical key binding removed, so its standard is just the V button. It'd be a lot less accidental flux waves when you set your PD to on.

Altodar
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-26 17:48   
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 10:44, Bardiche wrote:
I'd like to ask if the Flux Wave could have its numerical key binding removed, so its standard is just the V button. It'd be a lot less accidental flux waves when you set your PD to on.

It's been suggested, but there's some silly thing preventing it... something to do with it sharing classification as a laser or something, I don't really know all the details.

also I think the AI wouldn't use it if that wasn't the default.
AI don't seem to use pulse waves, so that's a thing... Maybe if pulse waves had a 2 by default the AI would use them.
[ This Message was edited by: Altodar on 2013-10-26 17:49 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-26 18:02   
Suggestion: Scale flux wave damage with hull size.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-26 19:28   
I do believe the AI logic is not working correctly. The reason are as follows. The UGTO possessed approximately 4 players: Bardiche, Charlie[b], byme, and one more whose name escapes me I apologize. The day of the instance in questoin was October 26th.

The ICC had around 10-14 players on their side and were invading Sol. We had capped earth and luna already and were on mars. Now despite the fact that I know Mousey, Sheng, Myself, and Fatal Incinarator, are all at least Marshal or higher and the individuals on the UGTO side were not. There was no AI spawning anywhere in sol to assist the UGTO. They had Shipyard planets from which the AI could spawn. However, none materialized to assist. This left the UGTO fighting 10-14 players with just 4. EDIT: And bardiche was a chief marshal. However, I doubt that a chief marshal should warrant the complete balancing of the sides in that equation. Sorry for getting the rank wrong bardiche.

I am led to understand that the AI spawning logic accounts for the rank of the individuals and not the ships they are spawning. However, this is quite clearly not working if we have 10 v 4 or 14v4 and no AI are spawning to assist the undermanned faction. Is it possible to look into the AI spawning logic to determine if it is truly working as intended? Because right now I do not believe it is.

-Sheraton

[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-10-26 19:35 ]

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-26 19:30   
Quote:
the individuals on the UGTO side were not.

I'd like to correct you there, I'm a Chief Marshal.

EDIT: I'd also like to add at some point the ICC AI spawned a Station, adding insult to injury by giving them the largest support it could.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2013-10-26 19:30 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-26 19:54   
Thus, as I said, spam your low ranked alt accounts.

Here is the real issue. I have yet to see ai support a defending side. I have yet to see ai in a factions home server, that belong to that faction. ICC invade Sirius, THEY get the ai. ICC invades Sol, THEY get the ai.

Today, after being a roadbump trying to help UGTO, I went back to K'Luth and started bombing Epsi Ind. I hit a sy planet and capped it. ABSOLUTELY ZERO RESISTANCE ALL DAY< and yet there are luthy ai all over that server now. I had 6 ai inside of a few mins, trannies started rushing planets, scouts, it was great!

And just dead ass wrong.

This is not how it should work.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-10-26 20:52   
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 19:28, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
I do believe the AI logic is not working correctly. The reason are as follows. The UGTO possessed approximately 4 players: Bardiche, Charlie[b], byme, and one more whose name escapes me I apologize. The day of the instance in questoin was October 26th.

The ICC had around 10-14 players on their side and were invading Sol. We had capped earth and luna already and were on mars. Now despite the fact that I know Mousey, Sheng, Myself, and Fatal Incinarator, are all at least Marshal or higher and the individuals on the UGTO side were not. There was no AI spawning anywhere in sol to assist the UGTO. They had Shipyard planets from which the AI could spawn. However, none materialized to assist. This left the UGTO fighting 10-14 players with just 4. EDIT: And bardiche was a chief marshal. However, I doubt that a chief marshal should warrant the complete balancing of the sides in that equation. Sorry for getting the rank wrong bardiche.

I am led to understand that the AI spawning logic accounts for the rank of the individuals and not the ships they are spawning. However, this is quite clearly not working if we have 10 v 4 or 14v4 and no AI are spawning to assist the undermanned faction. Is it possible to look into the AI spawning logic to determine if it is truly working as intended? Because right now I do not believe it is.

-Sheraton

The logic is not system restricted, it's cluster-wide. The AI may have spawned in the next system over.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-26 21:02   
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 20:52, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

-Sheraton

The logic is not system restricted, it's cluster-wide. The AI may have spawned in the next system over.

Except wouldn't the AI then try to make their way to where the combat was taking place?

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-10-26 21:19   
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 21:02, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 20:52, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

-Sheraton

Except wouldn't the AI then try to make their way to where the combat was taking place?

Correct. You'd need to make sure they weren't caught up in combat elsewhere though. Which is why I'm taking this with a pinch of salt. The default ID is -1, being neutral. So any fault with spawners would fire them off as neutral. And if there was some logic issue (which I cannot see), then the same would be true for vice versa, neither are happening, which is why I'm sceptical (not to say I don't believe you, I just believe the AI were somewhere else).

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-26 22:00   
Fighting was restricted to Sol and the two systems behind it. What if we reported both those systems also lacking any sort of UGTO AI despite being outnumbered and outranked?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029338 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR