- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +1.5 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +7.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.7] Soft-release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
 Author [1.7] Soft-release Feedback
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-26 22:31   
1. Gadgets on Harbinger reset when shipyarding/server swapping.

2. Cruciform: Today swapped out and repped chit back to organic. Swapped servers, still had organic, but it was at zero, hull at 100%, no other damage or platforms/ships/vessels in area. Haven't attempted to replicate.

3. Engies with 8x build mods have the ability to literally hold off an enemy fleet by spamming plats. Seen it 2x now. Suggest limiting builds enhancements to number of build gadgets. Also, building is now TOO fast. Possible exploits have come to mind.

4. AI is all fubar. Suggest at least lengthening the time that ai spawn, or at least make enemy have to be present in the same system, instead of server. They spammed for me with enemy on other side of server, but only helped me cap planets with tranny swarms.

5. Suggest (again) removing bomber dread from K'Luth. I don't like the temptation to create so many widows. If you don't want a return of cloud bombing, than you should narrow in the window by increasing the distance for arming to at least 200gu. This will limit any incoming cloud to at least three racks, as opposed to the almost 5 I get now in a stock Cruciform. ICC shield planet @100% goes to wrecked in 30 seconds. Respond to that if you can. Oh, btw, that includes the shield, the building, the dictor. In 30 seconds. 45 seconds more the infantry are generally picked clean too. AND I have bombs left. Did it all day. Its quite fun and addictive.

6. Repairing buildings still seems to take 3x longer than building them. Should I just say wtf and scrap/rebuild?

7 Dictors can be repaired and become operational again even if planet tech is too low.

8. Same goes with power shortages. Power is shy, but sy, defenses, dictor all operating w/o enough power.

9. Ok. Ima say it like this. I bomb a planet without point defense bases, I drop bomb, folks die. I drop troops, troops land, unless PDd on the outside. I do the same vs any other defense, they do the same. What exactly is the point in the defense bases? The offense I get. They hurt like a banshee. The defense bases make me feel insulted. Like, who the hell built these?? Who do they think I am? Im a big bad bomber cruiser, and Im wiping it anyways, you should have brought a gun not an icepick wtf!!!! Why are they there? Seriously, I'm not kidding here. I feel sorry for these people who waste time and sleep happy thinking they work. Justify or execute.

10. Don't want to flame. I like the work. Ya'll did a lot of work, I know now more than I ever did before thanks to school. But, despite the fact that this is your child, and you want to see it walk and talk, and you are focused on that aspect, dont ignore the fact that we see it trip sometimes and knock the vase over. Accept the feedback critically, but not personally. I am not directing this to anyone in particular, but to address a feeling among OLDER PLAYERS that our feedback is just shot down. I'm only bothering because I truly believe these issues are game breakers. There's a reason we still haunt this game. We want it to succeed as well, and most of us are perfectly willing to adapt to a new system (ok, dreads excluded). And truly thank you for the hard, free, professional level work that you have done so far. This game is still amazingly addictive.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-26 23:01   
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 21:19, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 21:02, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 20:52, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 19:28, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
I do believe the AI logic is not working correctly. The reason are as follows. The UGTO possessed approximately 4 players: Bardiche, Charlie[b], byme, and one more whose name escapes me I apologize. The day of the instance in questoin was October 26th.

The ICC had around 10-14 players on their side and were invading Sol. We had capped earth and luna already and were on mars. Now despite the fact that I know Mousey, Sheng, Myself, and Fatal Incinarator, are all at least Marshal or higher and the individuals on the UGTO side were not. There was no AI spawning anywhere in sol to assist the UGTO. They had Shipyard planets from which the AI could spawn. However, none materialized to assist. This left the UGTO fighting 10-14 players with just 4. EDIT: And bardiche was a chief marshal. However, I doubt that a chief marshal should warrant the complete balancing of the sides in that equation. Sorry for getting the rank wrong bardiche.

I am led to understand that the AI spawning logic accounts for the rank of the individuals and not the ships they are spawning. However, this is quite clearly not working if we have 10 v 4 or 14v4 and no AI are spawning to assist the undermanned faction. Is it possible to look into the AI spawning logic to determine if it is truly working as intended? Because right now I do not believe it is.

-Sheraton

The logic is not system restricted, it's cluster-wide. The AI may have spawned in the next system over.

Except wouldn't the AI then try to make their way to where the combat was taking place?

Correct. You'd need to make sure they weren't caught up in combat elsewhere though. Which is why I'm taking this with a pinch of salt. The default ID is -1, being neutral. So any fault with spawners would fire them off as neutral. And if there was some logic issue (which I cannot see), then the same would be true for vice versa, neither are happening, which is why I'm sceptical (not to say I don't believe you, I just believe the AI were somewhere else).

Ah! this may explain a few things. So the AI should theoretically be spawning, lets just assume for a moment they are. However, they might not necessarily be spawning where we require them right at that particular time?

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-26 23:10   
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 22:31, Azreal wrote:

6. Repairing buildings still seems to take 3x longer than building them. Should I just say wtf and scrap/rebuild?

This is odd IMO, but at least you do get the prestige for repairing it for that extended period of time.. I've also noticed its only certain structures.. Like solar buildings and domes take forever. While Offensive Base II's take 5 seconds.
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-10-26 23:11   
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 21:19, Pantheon wrote:
And if there was some logic issue (which I cannot see), then the same would be true for vice versa, neither are happening, which is why I'm sceptical (not to say I don't believe you, I just believe the AI were somewhere else).

we had no non-transport non-platform AI for hours while ICC got dual dreads every 10 minutes and a station at some point.

and logic issue, as in the system counting our 30 platforms and 20-30 starport AI as something to balance by sending ICC dreads at us.

Renovamen
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2013-10-26 23:55   
Since day two of 1.7 release UGTO have had ZERO AI apart from transport ships, we have been told that AI is balanced by what faction has most players/highest combined prestige?, I see no evidence to support this since myself and many UGTO players who will back me up on this will tell you that if they log on and they are the only UGTO player online in the entire game and they have for example 10 ICC players there is no AI to support UGTO.

There is no easy way for me to prove this apart from take a screenshot of what i see and try explain it best i can...

Below is a screenshot of player numbers at that time.

http://i.imgur.com/14kL0w3.jpg

The next screenshot taken at the same time shows all UGTO AI (transport ships)

http://i.imgur.com/wl8R1YU.jpg

Now from these pictures and from actually being ingame at the time i can say that the aprox prestige on the ICC team was => 2.369.366 and the Total for UGTO was 1.823.547, So.. correct me if i am wrong, but wouldnt the balance swing in UGTO's direction for needing AI help?

Also I checked other servers, we only had Sol, Alpha and Sturve left, there was no ugto AI roaming around in each of these sectors, only ai transports.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2013-10-27 18:39 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-10-27 00:15   
Quote:
On 2013-10-26 22:31, Azreal wrote:

7 Dictors can be repaired and become operational again even if planet tech is too low.

8. Same goes with power shortages. Power is shy, but sy, defenses, dictor all operating w/o enough power.

6 I've brought up numerous times myself, still hoping it gets looked at eventually.

7 and 8 is intended, tech/power shortages no longer shut structures down but cause them to operate at reduced output. Not sure exactly how it works since I'm not a dev so you'll have to find someone with a blue shirt to get details from.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-27 01:53   
Since the enhancement effect will be limited in 1.71, shall the "free to remove" be lengthened to 1.71, instead of a few weeks after 1.7 released as intended?

Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2013-10-27 01:28   
Thier might be something wrong with the ugto artt carrier useing phonix missles. My ICC ships could not pd them and they toasted over 400k in armor and shielding not including dred hull in a very short time, the span of reversing direction.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-27 01:36   
Seconding what PONR said, on the other side of the fence.

No enemy ECM near-by, scanner online in my beam + PD cruiser, could not detect missiles every 2-3 salvos.

Perhaps set missile visibility to 50gu/100gu(scanner).

Just posting this here,

UGTO Heavy transport PSMs do a cool wavey pattern. Clearly OP, please nerf

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-27 03:46   
I'm sure I don't need to tell you about the situation with UGTO AI, or rather, the lack of it. However, I have noticed that there are 4 UGTO frigates at Cephid Prime ( The System where there is a "UGTO Homegate" ). I remember Panth said something about rogue spawners, not sure if this counts as one...

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-10-27 18:15   
We'll be pushing beta to release with fixes to the AI, defense issues, undetectable stuff you can see right infront of you, and more from the Dev Log tomorrow (hopefully).

We'll also be addressing those without access to ships with enhancements on.

For now you're more than welcome to give us feedback from beta that may potentially be harmful.

If all goes well, we'll be releasing 1.7 fully by the end of the week and sending out emails.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-27 23:08   
Going into Kaus Borealis through Pavonis Gate 2 results in a disconnect from the game that forces you to reconnect. I and others have tried several times and we can't get into that sector.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-27 23:12   
Does capping yield 1.1 ships captured per time, or is the server incorrectly applying the subscriber's 10% prestige boost to everyone?

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-28 02:09   
UGTO Fleet Marshals today launched a lawsuit against the UGTO Interplanetary Trade Corporation for squandering military-grade equipment for simple, low risk raw material transportation. The UGTO Navy representatives called for All military-grade transports to be sent to the frontlines for combat use.

TLDR; Shouldn't AI planet transports be tier 1 or extractors, instead of tier 3's?

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-28 03:53   
When I try to spawn a ship at a shipyard that doesn't have enough resources it adds it to the queue (as it should) but after the planet collects enough res instead of adding the ship to my garage like normal it just puts the res back on the planet.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Incinarator |SoT| on 2013-10-28 03:54 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Page created in 0.215159 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR