No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A wild K'luth appears!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
 Author A wild K'luth appears!
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-08 09:35   
Quote:

On 2010-07-08 09:05, Shath wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 22:08, Alanstar wrote:
1.) Kluth Cloaking and Pinging

Playing on Kluth is definitely considered as most players say, “Easy Mode”, because it is very forgiving for mistakes if you make them. If you uncloak and get jumped by 5 dreadnoughts, you could easily move away and activate ECM + Cloak, clean get-a-way! Even if this 5 dreadnoughts have ECM running so your re-cloaking takes long, there is an enhancement (Stealth Module) that counters that .

Stealth Module – It lowers the signature and shortens the time that it takes to cloak, also lowers maneoverability and thrust. No big deal, speed and maneoverability doesn’t really matter if you are in no danger of being shot while being cloaked. Fighting Kluth in Scenario is balanced because noone has stealth module, but in Metaverse it is not because of this.

2.) Kluth’s ECM

On the contrary to popular belief, the ECM running on an Kluth is Blue, and it is damn near hard to see in the black background if your team is in disarray because the Kluth are picking off your teammates one by one. Even if the player looks on the F2 screen to see the rings of the Kluth dreadnoughts, it means taking an risk of being shot or falling behind their allies if they are grouping together.

Sadily the ECM spreads to other members in the group, so the more dreadnoughts or crusiers or destroyers avaliable, the less likely the they will be killed. I have and a few others have been killed trying to fight them this way, which is at best, very counter productive instead of giving a advantage.

3.) Kluth Transport + Cloaking

Defenses from planets that are spent hours worked on are easily bypassed by the Kluths’ ability to cloak their transports, getting withing 100 GU of the planet’s surface to drop an clean drop of 10 troops. Take this with three to four Kluth Transport doing this, it would be almost unstoppable tranny rush. The ultimate tranny rush because you don’t have to avoid defense or enemy ships, you could just sneak up and drop the transports.

ICC has been completely pushed out of Sagittarius because of this reason alone, while they are trying to atleast defend themselves from Kluth onslaught of ships. They even tried posting ships up to defend their planets, but under their nose, the transports capture planet and turn it against them. More times then not, they have used this ability to capture dreadnoughts and stations. This is really almost the ultimate way to defeat the enemy with the Kluth. They don’t even need dreadnoughts, just capture ships and planets to push all factions out.

Don’t get me wrong, I am going to offer a few suggestions that could help even the odds to UGTO and ICC to deal with Kluth. Here is an couple of ideas for fix.

1.) Release an Enhancement for ECCM effect to balance out the game.

2.) Change the Color of ECM effect or make an new tech that could increase the visual of it (Infared scanner.)

3.) Remove cloaking from the transport or add new type of defense to fight against them.
[ This Message was edited by: Alanstar on 2010-07-07 22:23 ]

hm ur first two ideas are good...but trust me planet defenses dont usualy pop a tranny b4 it drops cloaked or not so the cloak on tranny dosnt make too much a differencer

double post FAIL

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-08 23:34   
By the way every one. I play K'Luth now.

We are "fine."

Fiver
Captain
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-07-09 02:39   
Broken Luth are broken. The ICC has no stake in Sagg anymore, and the UGTO is being pushed back

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-09 06:22   
This same thread pops up every few months/years. Several years ago, a K'luth fleet, I think it was PB, went ICC for a few days.

At that point, if the entire MV was capped it would reset to a fresh state.

The MV was capped by ICC within days, and reset.

PB went back to K'luth.

My point is that playing K'luth well forces you to work as a team. If you don't, you die far faster than an equivalent ICC or UGTO starship would.

Maybe we need another demonstration of this to convince the current generation of LUTHBROKEOMG.

Email Antra
Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-09 06:47   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 06:22, Antra wrote:
This same thread pops up every few months/years. Several years ago, a K'luth fleet, I think it was PB, went ICC for a few days.

At that point, if the entire MV was capped it would reset to a fresh state.

The MV was capped by ICC within days, and reset.

PB went back to K'luth.

My point is that playing K'luth well forces you to work as a team. If you don't, you die far faster than an equivalent ICC or UGTO starship would.

Maybe we need another demonstration of this to convince the current generation of LUTHBROKEOMG.

your pretty smart antra for an icc

problem is noone wants t scrap their garage to change to any faction nor would i ask them to. If pb went icc, icc would own all the mv.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 05:04   
just to stop the qqing about this cloaking just remove it and give us back armor that we had back before they made us into a hit and run faction. yea luth suppose to be hit and run god forbid that a luth stand there and lose there pres and give icc a free kill. So yea go ahead remove the cloak and take away what luth suppose to be give us the armor we use to have and everyone will be happy.

on the other hand thow they do that we don't cloak anymore have our armor back start qq over how skilled luth are and are able to kill without trying sounds good to me.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-10 06:29   
A factional fanboi appears. It uses an overly defensive post to convince others that they are care bears for wanting balance and fun.

It has no effect.

In other news. My latest favourite tactic to use to piss people off is to get in a Kluth dictor. Decloak when enemy is about dead, put dictor field on and watch the enemy die before cloaking again after all their dreads/stations switch target to me. Then watch all their missiles self destruct along with their cannon-fire stray away from my ship as I laugh at them.

I'm lovin' it!

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 12:10   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 06:29, Azure Prower wrote:
A factional fanboi appears. It uses an overly defensive post to convince others that they are care bears for wanting balance and fun.

It has no effect.

In other news. My latest favourite tactic to use to piss people off is to get in a Kluth dictor. Decloak when enemy is about dead, put dictor field on and watch the enemy die before cloaking again after all their dreads/stations switch target to me. Then watch all their missiles self destruct along with their cannon-fire stray away from my ship as I laugh at them.

I'm lovin' it!

any smart pilot can fish you out, very easily
and the point of a dictor is not only prevent escaping, but preventing reinforcements
so your cowardly dictoring only does half a dictor can do

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-10 13:17   
Note the reason he gave for doing it, SpaceAdmiral. Just to piss people off.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 13:48   
i didnt scroll to all 10 pages so maybe alrdy said:

we can do sh*t when claoked...only fly
repair, build, fire, etc, all only happens uncloacked. it is disabled as long as we cloaked...

kluth OP? wow long time ago someone claimed that...used to be ugto OP, icc been OP, now kluth OP, think this has repeated for ages...

dont rlly notice many changes in weapons etc...maybe its the players, the playerbase, some luck, timing...? a month ago i might have posted here UGTO where OP, cause they always had 3 stations online attacking somewhere it seemed. they not OP, their invested time in the game is OP

end of story

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Page created in 0.025278 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR