- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +4.7 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +11.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A wild K'luth appears!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
 Author A wild K'luth appears!
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-05 11:29   
@Wild Cat

Im far from saying that most Ugto or Icc don't know what their doing, ive been in lots of fights where they use scouts and other methods of counter the cloak. And ive seen many great pilots beat us with using those tactics.

But the address of this post is that some people don't know how to do these things, don't know what to do in battle, and hence why they come to the forum and whining. Those people that aren't whining in these forums are generally those that know how to fight, know how to win battles and know how to counter cloak.

General it isn't hard to find players in MV/sag. Ugto usually sit at a depot planet and waiting for something to happen, and Icc usually meet up at these places.

When im playing kluth i often see someone camping outside one of these said planets and awaiting for something to happend, somethimes we get bored and go in to battle. Ofc these are all depending on the situation in the mv that constantly changes.

The waiting part is just one tactic we use.

Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 11:52   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 11:29, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
@Wild Cat

Im far from saying that most Ugto or Icc don't know what their doing, ive been in lots of fights where they use scouts and other methods of counter the cloak. And ive seen many great pilots beat us with using those tactics.

But the address of this post is that some people don't know how to do these things, don't know what to do in battle, and hence why they come to the forum and whining. Those people that aren't whining in these forums are generally those that know how to fight, know how to win battles and know how to counter cloak.

General it isn't hard to find players in MV/sag. Ugto usually sit at a depot planet and waiting for something to happen, and Icc usually meet up at these places.

When im playing kluth i often see someone camping outside one of these said planets and awaiting for something to happend, somethimes we get bored and go in to battle. Ofc these are all depending on the situation in the mv that constantly changes.

The waiting part is just one tactic we use.

Sitting at a planet gives us a bit more secure feeling.

UGTO and ICC can hunt one an other, because the can see one an other and battles don't always take place around planets but also in deep space.

When dealing with K'luth, its a complete different story. You don't know where to start looking, You might spot them at a jump gate, or fighting some NPC's beyond that, It's a guessing game around what planets they may be lurking. Spotting K'luth out in the open is often only because the choice to be seen and it sure isn't the first time some one took the bait and jumped right in to there ambush.

K'luth is the hunter, ICC and UGTO are the prey

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 12:46   
Luth have disadvantage in very large scale fights.
If there are 7 bds and 3 eads we can get 7 eccm going.
This alone makes it hard to cloak/uncloak if they leave them on as sig spikes very high.
They can turn ecm on but their ships' positions will be revealed by the tell tale ecm rings.

so lets make a 10 on 10 fight
5 mandis 3 siphon 2 krill vs 5 bd 4 ead 1 anti sensor scout
It would seem luth ecm will over power ugto's eccm but as stated you got nice ecm rings to shoot at.
5 eccm running will make luth cloak times greater.
The one anti-sens should run full speed pinging and beaconing.
To put luth out of a fight you only need to make their sig spike high, so cloak takes ages to work.
Without cloak they are basically glass cannons.
And you only need 1 scout to ping a whole luth fleet, so the you need more ships to counter luth argument becomes less true as numbers rise on both sides.

In my opinion luth are best in small group fights with 3-6 a side.
Not enough eccm going to hinder as much and getting an anti sens will cost more.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 13:17   
Quote:

On 2010-07-03 02:39, Azure Prower wrote:
So you disagree the above 3v3 scenarios are indeed not favourable to Kluth?

An SS, BS, BD, and EAD worked well against 2 Mandis, Siphon, Krill, Scale

Your problem is you always use krill as example, why dont you try earning a krill before complaining about it, no wait you have to be GA gold star bronze privateer, same as a BATTLE STATION!!!!!

I have never seen more than 2 krills out at a time at that is a rare sight.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-05 13:49   
^-Lol Shath quote miles of text, just to make a useless sentence now 5 times in a row. gratz-

Kluth are fine

Btw:
please stop you faction facisim.
Like "we are predators you are prey".
Cant hear it anymore, we all are "predators".

If Kluth players do some RPG-beeing the bad boy ingame its ok.
But dont do it here in the Forums..cant stand the arrogance and
all this "WE" and "YOU" blabla
[ This Message was edited by: perihelion on 2010-07-05 13:52 ]
[ This Message was edited by: perihelion on 2010-07-05 13:53 ]

Fatal HI NSA PadmaVajra *XO1*
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-05 19:23   
Bardiche, I don't call someone a noob because they have a "different view". A Noob is one who speaks without a sense of the history of this game, its development, its tactics, and then lectures others about how the game SHOULD be. They expose their newness in a way that is pretentious.

There are players here who are barely wet in the water, yet have lots of "this is wrong" lists that don't fit with a seasoned perspective.

Please don't turn it into "different views" unless that is what it actually is.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 19:56   
[

I have taken the time to play both sides... Have you?

[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2010-07-05 03:43 ]
[/quote]

um Azure ask everyone in this game i have been in RSM WOLF PB FS And even ICCU at one point and been in this game for awhile um i think i am covered in playing other factions. You see i like playing luth more and i play the other two factions and learn how people like you and how the ships are flown so i know how to better counter them when i am playing as a luth.

So i know i have played sides how about you?
[ This Message was edited by: Meehan on 2010-07-05 20:13 ]

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-05 22:03   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 19:56, Meehan wrote:
You see i like playing luth more and i play the other two factions and learn how people like you and how the ships are flown so i know how to better counter them when i am playing as a luth.

So i know i have played sides how about you?

I sure have, that's why I said "I have played both sides" derp.

I like playing Kluth better too. Much less difficult to fight the other factions with.

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-05 22:41   

im seriously noticing its the newwer players that whine about op stuff...(exception bein lark cus she BETRAYED teh other vets D:) so maybe u guys shud get more then 100 games under u belts b4 coming over and arrogantly QQing over everything.....i mean i played activly for lik a few months then got on for another month and now im back..id equate my play active game time to about a year maybe less... so if 10-months-1 year brings in about 569 games played and i still try and kind of not randomly complain about OPed ness because i still consider myself still learning (altho i WILL agree or berrate sumone elses ideas) im wondering where does azure come up with the arrogance to come out here whine like this then completly disregard all the tactics strategies ideas and opinions weve given to him to help and he grps it all up as "kluth is fine" from all of us....that with his 89 games of playtime which if his playtime is similar to mine wud mean his active play time wud consist of 2-3 months.........and im not sayin im not arrogant..in sum areas i think im beyond arrogant but im still insulted in how azure can act lik this and disregard others opinions with this "im right ur wrong and nuthing gona change that" attitude with so little playtime under his belt

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 10:21   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 12:46, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Luth have disadvantage in very large scale fights.

Maybe if the Kluth players got one or two players out of their dreads and maybe got an anti-sensor scout or two.

Quote:

An SS, BS, BD, and EAD worked well against 2 Mandis, Siphon, Krill, Scale

UGTO are undoubtably the masters of close-range combat. They have the firepower to dish it, and the armor to take it, quite unlike ICC (whom lack the firepower) and Kluth (whom lack the armor)

This is why the UGTO can more reliably win against Kluth, while ICC struggles. ICC lack the close quarter combat capabilities of the UGTO, and the fact they have to heavily utilise dictors and scouts on top of that puts them at quite a disadvantage.
[ This Message was edited by: Leopard on 2010-07-06 10:28 ]

Goto the website of Novacat
Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 20:59   
Quote:

On 2010-07-03 22:13, Lonectzn wrote:
While I don't think K'luth are over-powered, I really do not agree with the suggestions that they are better organised than the other factions. That's just an illusion. K'luth players are actually mostly soloers. The cloak makes playing K'luth very forgiving - mistakes are more often not fatal, you get much more time to make decisions and pick your location.

agreed.

but most of ICC have been destroyed and it takes only one dread to take us down as we are few in numbers.
its a damn shame.
anyone screws up, we are toast (due to a K'Luth dread hiding behind every theoretical corner), then it takes say 5 minutes to get back to the "fleet" (5 ships at best recently), even longer to repair.

getting ships is also a pain in the ass due to the lack of planets. we rely heavily on gates, and we need the bigger ships for lower lvls to rally behind.
if theres a station (we hope) or a dread we usually follow orders from them and do what we can. (well a few of us)
the people with the skill to fight the K'luth and ships are usually protecting us from the other big ass ships.(who ever is around, and shielding us)
we cant do much. we try. but you usually bring in some of your own lil ships to kill us.

also we cant just ping a K'luth dread, itd jump away as soon as it was in danger say 30% hull. (if its by itself)
(and many of us dont have the fire power recently anyways)

i admit im new. been playing a few days and just noticed K'Luth can EASILY destroy us now.

i think K'luth are just a pain in the ass, we just need a better/ more effecient way of countering that god damn cloak.

yes this does reflect greatly the situation on Sag ICC (we are disadvantaged and im trying to not let that make me biased)

EDIT: OH! and please please please stop tranny rushing. a few dreads covering ONE transport (same one running back from a nearby planet) on... Ooi(?).
we couldnt stop it. every time we pinged it a dread would run interferance.
we could tell you were just toying with us then .
we wacthed as you burned queenie to the ground last night (razed).
lovely of you.
[ This Message was edited by: Marius Falix on 2010-07-07 21:11 ]

We are the Falix Brothers...

Red October
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 22:08   
1.) Kluth Cloaking and Pinging

Playing on Kluth is definitely considered as most players say, “Easy Mode”, because it is very forgiving for mistakes if you make them. If you uncloak and get jumped by 5 dreadnoughts, you could easily move away and activate ECM + Cloak, clean get-a-way! Even if this 5 dreadnoughts have ECCM running so your re-cloaking takes long, there is an enhancement (Stealth Module) that counters that .

Stealth Module – It lowers the signature and shortens the time that it takes to cloak, also lowers maneoverability and thrust. No big deal, speed and maneoverability doesn’t really matter if you are in no danger of being shot while being cloaked. Fighting Kluth in Scenario is balanced because noone has stealth module, but in Metaverse it is not because of this.

2.) Kluth’s ECM

On the contrary to popular belief, the ECM running on an Kluth is Blue, and it is damn near hard to see in the black background if your team is in disarray because the Kluth are picking off your teammates one by one. Even if the player looks on the F2 screen to see the rings of the Kluth dreadnoughts, it means taking an risk of being shot or falling behind their allies if they are grouping together.

Sadily the ECM spreads to other members in the group, so the more dreadnoughts or crusiers or destroyers avaliable, the less likely the they will be killed. I have and a few others have been killed trying to fight them this way, which is at best, very counter productive instead of giving a advantage.

3.) Kluth Transport + Cloaking

Defenses from planets that are spent hours worked on are easily bypassed by the Kluths’ ability to cloak their transports, getting withing 100 GU of the planet’s surface to drop an clean drop of 10 troops. Take this with three to four Kluth Transport doing this, it would be almost unstoppable tranny rush. The ultimate tranny rush because you don’t have to avoid defense or enemy ships, you could just sneak up and drop the transports.

ICC has been completely pushed out of Sagittarius because of this reason alone, while they are trying to atleast defend themselves from Kluth onslaught of ships. They even tried posting ships up to defend their planets, but under their nose, the transports capture planet and turn it against them. More times then not, they have used this ability to capture dreadnoughts and stations. This is really almost the ultimate way to defeat the enemy with the Kluth. They don’t even need dreadnoughts, just capture ships and planets to push all factions out.

Don’t get me wrong, I am going to offer a few suggestions that could help even the odds to UGTO and ICC to deal with Kluth. Here is an couple of ideas for fix.

1.) Release an Enhancement for ECCM effect to balance out the game.

2.) Change the Color of ECM effect or make an new tech that could increase the visual of it (Infared scanner.)

3.) Remove cloaking from the transport or add new type of defense to fight against them.
[ This Message was edited by: Alanstar on 2010-07-07 22:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Alanstar on 2010-07-08 10:22 ]

Email Red October
Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-08 09:02   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 20:59, Marius Falix wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-03 22:13, Lonectzn wrote:
While I don't think K'luth are over-powered, I really do not agree with the suggestions that they are better organised than the other factions. That's just an illusion. K'luth players are actually mostly soloers. The cloak makes playing K'luth very forgiving - mistakes are more often not fatal, you get much more time to make decisions and pick your location.

agreed.

but most of ICC have been destroyed and it takes only one dread to take us down as we are few in numbers.
its a damn shame.
anyone screws up, we are toast (due to a K'Luth dread hiding behind every theoretical corner), then it takes say 5 minutes to get back to the "fleet" (5 ships at best recently), even longer to repair.

getting ships is also a pain in the ass due to the lack of planets. we rely heavily on gates, and we need the bigger ships for lower lvls to rally behind.
if theres a station (we hope) or a dread we usually follow orders from them and do what we can. (well a few of us)
the people with the skill to fight the K'luth and ships are usually protecting us from the other big ass ships.(who ever is around, and shielding us)
we cant do much. we try. but you usually bring in some of your own lil ships to kill us.

also we cant just ping a K'luth dread, itd jump away as soon as it was in danger say 30% hull. (if its by itself)
(and many of us dont have the fire power recently anyways)

i admit im new. been playing a few days and just noticed K'Luth can EASILY destroy us now.

i think K'luth are just a pain in the ass, we just need a better/ more effecient way of countering that god damn cloak.

yes this does reflect greatly the situation on Sag ICC (we are disadvantaged and im trying to not let that make me biased)

EDIT: OH! and please please please stop tranny rushing. a few dreads covering ONE transport (same one running back from a nearby planet) on... Ooi(?).
we couldnt stop it. every time we pinged it a dread would run interferance.
we could tell you were just toying with us then .
we wacthed as you burned queenie to the ground last night (razed).
lovely of you.
[ This Message was edited by: Marius Falix on 2010-07-07 21:11 ]

at ooi? last time i was on icc was tranny rushing ooi from us lol then i popped teh tranny
PS there are easy ways to counter.....eccm and interdictor....also.....id love to see this fight u keep speaking of where 1 luth dread takes out an entire fleet cus im yet to see it happen

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-08 09:05   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 22:08, Alanstar wrote:

Playing on Kluth is definitely considered as most players say, “Easy Mode”, because it is very forgiving for mistakes if you make them. If you uncloak and get jumped by 5 dreadnoughts, you could easily move away and activate ECM + Cloak, clean get-a-way! Even if this 5 dreadnoughts have ECM running so your re-cloaking takes long, there is an enhancement (Stealth Module) that counters that .

Stealth Module – It lowers the signature and shortens the time that it takes to cloak, also lowers maneoverability and thrust. No big deal, speed and maneoverability doesn’t really matter if you are in no danger of being shot while being cloaked. Fighting Kluth in Scenario is balanced because noone has stealth module, but in Metaverse it is not because of this.

2.) Kluth’s ECM

On the contrary to popular belief, the ECM running on an Kluth is Blue, and it is damn near hard to see in the black background if your team is in disarray because the Kluth are picking off your teammates one by one. Even if the player looks on the F2 screen to see the rings of the Kluth dreadnoughts, it means taking an risk of being shot or falling behind their allies if they are grouping together.

Sadily the ECM spreads to other members in the group, so the more dreadnoughts or crusiers or destroyers avaliable, the less likely the they will be killed. I have and a few others have been killed trying to fight them this way, which is at best, very counter productive instead of giving a advantage.

Defenses from planets that are spent hours worked on are easily bypassed by the Kluths’ ability to cloak their transports, getting withing 100 GU of the planet’s surface to drop an clean drop of 10 troops. Take this with three to four Kluth Transport doing this, it would be almost unstoppable tranny rush. The ultimate tranny rush because you don’t have to avoid defense or enemy ships, you could just sneak up and drop the transports.

ICC has been completely pushed out of Sagittarius because of this reason alone, while they are trying to atleast defend themselves from Kluth onslaught of ships. They even tried posting ships up to defend their planets, but under their nose, the transports capture planet and turn it against them. More times then not, they have used this ability to capture dreadnoughts and stations. This is really almost the ultimate way to defeat the enemy with the Kluth. They don’t even need dreadnoughts, just capture ships and planets to push all factions out.

Don’t get me wrong, I am going to offer a few suggestions that could help even the odds to UGTO and ICC to deal with Kluth. Here is an couple of ideas for fix.

2.) Change the Color of ECM effect or make an new tech that could increase the visual of it (Infared scanner.)

3.) Remove cloaking from the transport or add new type of defense to fight against them.

hm ur first two ideas are good...but trust me planet defenses dont usualy pop a tranny b4 it drops cloaked or not so the cloak on tranny dosnt make too much a differencer

Red October
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-08 09:30   
Quote:

On 2010-07-08 09:05, Shath wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 22:08, Alanstar wrote:

Playing on Kluth is definitely considered as most players say, “Easy Mode”, because it is very forgiving for mistakes if you make them. If you uncloak and get jumped by 5 dreadnoughts, you could easily move away and activate ECM + Cloak, clean get-a-way! Even if this 5 dreadnoughts have ECM running so your re-cloaking takes long, there is an enhancement (Stealth Module) that counters that .

2.) Kluth’s ECM

hm ur first two ideas are good...but trust me planet defenses dont usualy pop a tranny b4 it drops cloaked or not so the cloak on tranny dosnt make too much a differencer

What I am saying, Kluth would have to work to drop their troops instead of able to easily park next to planet and dropping. Dodge Missiles, dodge fire from railguns, and make your way to 100 GU of the planet to drop... that is what all the ICC or UGTO have to do to get the planet. I least want to be able to put up a little bit of resistance, not flat out kill the transport in one shot.

[ This Message was edited by: Alanstar on 2010-07-08 09:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Alanstar on 2010-07-08 09:31 ]

Email Red October
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Page created in 0.046055 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR