- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +4.0 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +10.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A wild K'luth appears!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
 Author A wild K'luth appears!
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-03 11:14   
Quote:

On 2010-07-02 23:29, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
krills are ga number 1
cloak times can be very insane
cant cloak shoot cloak

Trust me it looks easy, but it isnt
can take 2 min to cloak sometimes

i've never had my cloak take 2 minutes to kick in unless i've been stupid enough to alpha someone while having 0 energy while going full speed and refusing to slow down.

you need to do EVERYTHING wrong to get that kind of cloak time

personally i've never had it as easy since i changed to K'luth. even with the so called paper armor i can tank reasonably well to get what i want and still manage to get out.

since i changed i guess i've died maybe 20 - 30 times in the last 6 or 7 months i've played on this faction. when i was UGTO or ICC i probably died 10 - 20 times a week.

K'luth is easymode, atleast when it comes to survivability in skirmrishes.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-03 12:33   
Quote:

On 2010-07-03 11:14, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-02 23:29, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
krills are ga number 1
cloak times can be very insane
cant cloak shoot cloak

Trust me it looks easy, but it isnt
can take 2 min to cloak sometimes

i've never had my cloak take 2 minutes to kick in unless i've been stupid enough to alpha someone while having 0 energy while going full speed and refusing to slow down.

you need to do EVERYTHING wrong to get that kind of cloak time

personally i've never had it as easy since i changed to K'luth. even with the so called paper armor i can tank reasonably well to get what i want and still manage to get out.

since i changed i guess i've died maybe 20 - 30 times in the last 6 or 7 months i've played on this faction. when i was UGTO or ICC i probably died 10 - 20 times a week.

K'luth is easymode, atleast when it comes to survivability in skirmrishes.

Well if the enemy is smart they make 15 sensor plats and 5 sensor bases on each planet in a cluster

Sum1 made a 13 sensor planet b4, cruiser sig at least 50, at least

edit: don't want to double post so:
3 beacons are verry annoying, it puts a luth out of combat
How does it do that you say?
1. No need for ping to hit you, look for those nice,big red circles
2.you want to uncloak and alpha them? good luck going from 0 sig to 50-70
3. you realized uncloaking was a bad idea? good luck going from 50-70 sig to 0
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2010-07-03 12:35 ]

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-03 12:36   
I would also like to add that i do not think k luth are OP the krill couls use a slight tweak but its fine otherwise

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-03 13:21   
There is no such as one faction being "powerful". this game is based off of tatics and pliot skills, your death would be based off of pilot error and lack of those skills. Each faction has strengths and weaknesses that can be used for your and your enemies' ablities. Make them work for the best along with the assistance given and you will either live or die.

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-07-03 13:36   
"There is no such as one faction being "powerful". this game is based off of tatics and pliot skills, your death would be based off of pilot error and lack of those skills."
......or there is just a swing in numbers , most pilots beyond a certian stage have the "skills" normally its error or just numbers tbh.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-03 14:17   
I've never played K'luth in the MV, only in scenario, but I've played against them plenty of times. May not be the most active person on here, but spread out over 8 years I like to think I have a pretty balanced perspective on the K'luth.

They're not OP. Okay well, maybe that one time when Claws were the weapon of choice for assassins everywhere, but that's different.

Right now they're a lot weaker than I remember them, but they have a lot of very experienced players. And, *gasp* players who tend to favor extreme tactics and have changed factions until they get their favored playstyle, tend to go K'luth. That's a bad combination for the rest of us.

K'luth are not overpowered. Last night in Sag, ICC got beat by K'luth pretty bad but when we were able to take them out in large numbers, it was because (I think) they got lazy and assumed we wouldn't use tactics and all of a sudden we *did* use group tactics. I'm still not sure how it happened.

In any case...pinging = dead K'luth. We did it plenty last night. One ECCM on every ship, 4-5 ships pinging at the right time, is plenty.

Email Antra
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-03 14:36   
k´luth are not as powerful as people may think as lasers are they´re main weapons i´ve seen two battle cruisers rip a luthie dread to bits all beacsue they stayed out of the laser range while space bar mashing on it but as people only spam dreads now it´s no wonder there is so much QQ

also another thing i noticed is a description of this game being a Real Time strategy hence the word "strategy" not just mindless mashing
[ This Message was edited by: obsidian shadow on 2010-07-03 14:51 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-03 15:43   
Quote:

On 2010-07-03 14:36, obsidian shadow wrote:
k´luth are not as powerful as people may think as lasers are they´re main weapons i´ve seen two battle cruisers rip a luthie dread to bits all beacsue they stayed out of the laser range while space bar mashing on it but as people only spam dreads now it´s no wonder there is so much QQ

also another thing i noticed is a description of this game being a Real Time strategy hence the word "strategy" not just mindless mashing
[ This Message was edited by: obsidian shadow on 2010-07-03 14:51 ]

It may look like mindless mashing, but more often or not theres tactics involved

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-03 16:47   
Right first of all, K'luth have Paper Thing Armour OMG!!!

Secondly, it takes alot of practice and paitence to play Luth.

Thirdly, Your scenarios are not... lets say.. accurate enough.

Fourthly, Harrier Frigs vs MF + Scouts/ Assault Frigs, Interceptors vs Any Dread Class= Frig and Scout fleet. They will just rip apart the dreads.

Fifth(ly), Try playing Luth in MV and not Scenario.

All in all, Luth is no Powerful, they are just more co-ordinated and communicate more.

Try playing Luth once in a while at peak times when luth are at there best.

-Val

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-03 17:23   
Quote:

On 2010-07-03 13:36, Code Red of ICC *XO* wrote:
......or there is just a swing in numbers , most pilots beyond a certian stage have the "skills" normally its error or just numbers tbh.

That is another factor also

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-03 18:41   
it comes down to the point people hate luth cause of there cloak but az has said it before and i will say it for AZ "Get me down to extractor and I will still win". the fact is you can make it to were luth only have one beam on there ships it jsut that 3 luth can usally hold there own with just those three ships and one beam each.

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-03 21:20   
Quote:

On 2010-07-02 23:15, Azure Prower wrote:
Lately I've been noticing people have been jumping ship to the Kluth faction and really, I don't blame them.

Granted numbers do tip the scales in most battles.

How ever. With the advantage of cloak, the Kluth win. Every time.

They can mine for resoures while cloaked. They can repair while cloaked. They can destroy missiles with cloak. They can phase in and out of cloak while fighting. Cloaking is a free get out of jail card for Kluth and they use it with out almost any downsides for doing so. The slight power drain for using it is laughable.

Their up front (although a little draining) damage can also hull people in a matter of seconds.

I know some are going to argue KLUTH HAVE PAPER THIN ARMOR OMG! But that paper thin armor doesn't matter if you cannot be targeted/hit in response and can repair while in battle with out hindrance.

Let us give a few 3 versus 3 scenarios.

----
3 UGTO or ICC (elite) assault dreads
vs.
3 Kluth Krills
----

The 3 Kluth dreads can sneak up and kill the other dreads one by one. When one Krill takes heavy damage, it cloaks and lets their team mates start absorbing damage for them.

If worse comes to worse. Kluth can jump out and jump back in fully repaired with out consequence. Where UGTO and ICC can be hunted down and destroyed while they are repairing at planets.

----
UGTO or ICC Beacon/ECCM ship [scout/frigate/destroyer only], Interdictor [cruiser] and a (elite) assault dread
vs.
3 Kluth Krills
----

Hurray! You can trap and make the kluth some what visible through beacons (though this is now ineffective due to stealth enhancements Kluth can equip on their ships).

What now? Oh... their insane fire power will just slaughter you. GG.

----
3 UGTO or ICC Harriers/Missile Frigates
vs.
3 Kluth Krills
----

Oh please... there could be 100 Harriers or Missile Frigates and the Kluth could still win.

Not long ago a moderator of this game told me to shush, to learn how the game works and claimed that Kluth are fine. Fine if you are Kluth maybe. I've been playing the faction a lot on Scenario and it is not that hard. Get more than one person with you and you're automatically deadly to any one no matter the odds.

Balanced? I think not.

Claim it is balanced? Sure. Go ahead. Eventually 90% of people in the game will turn to Kluth. Only the truly hardcore faction elitists will stick to UGTO and ICC if given the choice.

Hit and run faction is fine.

Giving little to counter it is not.

ill admit u do make sum valid points but 1 thing ive noticed about playing on kluth rather then my year or so on ugto is proffessionalism so altho sum kluth attacks may seem overpowered its because we plan them quite well...and i cant tell u the number of times 5 of us were all sneakin up on a fleet with targets designated and u all jumped awaty

but when i played ugto it was basicly go in and shoot w/e the heck u want till its dead or ur dead and rarely were target designations called out

another thing is that kluth being the guerrilla faction is meant to come when ur least prepared....so when we suddenly uncloak and start blowin stuff up we are extremly coordinated whilst our enemys are in complete anarchy which is what the point of an ambush is

now to tackle ur statements 1 by 1....ppl jumpin to kluth faction? this will most likely result in increased kluth casulties because other factions are more single minded while kluth is pack minded (u ever see a kluth do a 1v1 fight and thought we were overpowered after that?) so having a bunch of maverick type people will result in uncoordinated operations which ive noticed a bit myself

now for cloaked...ive never witnessed the resource mining while cloaked but that might be because most scenerio matches are icc and ugto lately....but also i hardly think the mining while cloaked thing is the most pressing point of ur arguement so im just gona kind of skip it if u dont mind since in my opinion it dosnt offer much difference since u shud be able to see the mining beams and can just target the space they are coming from...now we CAN NOT repair while cloaked unless u mean AHR which i gotta say without AHR kluth will be about as useless as a car without gas but if u mean with drones then the person using the drones cannot be cloaked and the person being repaired can altho be cloaked u can just target the space where the drones are because the drones do not have cloaking devices now for the missles im gussing u mean that u fire the missles and they blow up when we cloak? well 1 thing to help with thaat wud be eccm/skcanner or sensor bases since it slows cloak and also the same problem comes to ships with small sigs so they can just pop on sum ecms and ur fighters and missles are useless so if u want u can complain about those too

now im gona agree with u on this 1....kluth damage is pretty mean and i think it could but not should be lowered a bit wityhout disbalancing the game

ok by repair in battle without hindrance i kind of laughed at that compared to the ugto suppy station spam and i dont think it registeres my attention considering that ugto can repair 10x faster than our AHR can

now targeting/hitting kluth...first off yes we do hav sum paper armor...not as papery as the old days if i remember correctly but we cant take too many hits but ill admit we can hold our own for awhile....now if u were amart enough to bring eccm/scanner/sensor plats/sensor bases then cloak would definitly not be on ur biggest list of problems cus ppl ive fought with who had the intelegence to bring these toys cud still bash on me 10-30sec after i hit the V button and u can also predict a kluth ships logical movements after it cloaked if u knew which way it was movbing when it cloaked or if u knew a probable place it wud go to and lets not forget pinging with eccm for kluth which will help u immensly

now for ur 3v3 fights....first off 1 cool thing to do wud be to focus ur fire...so make sure ur fleet isnt dinking off while kluth are getting ready to attack because trust me if icc/ugto manage to focus fire on kluth rather than randomly shoot at closest thing to them like they usualy do the kluth wud go down fast, faster then it cud cloak

for the repairing thing....well AHR works quite a bit slower than ur average repair drones and if the kluth were using repair drones as long as u cud figure out the planet they were at then u cud kill them easy by targeting space where the repair drones were hovering..

now looking over ur statements i can see that they are incredibly biased to the point of moronic proportions because u obviously didnt even think before typing this because its pretty easy to counter sum kluth things if u diont act like a retard.....also i see ur probably just gona ignore any statements anyone makes against u because uve already decided ur right even though u have nearly no facts to back yourself up and thorough the way u typed its evident that your incredibly arrogant now if u decided to speak with some measure of civilty instead of the moronoic complaining of ur average QQer u might get some responses that would emphathize with u but until u start that ur probably going to get nothing but complete disrespect from ppl that know more then u and complete respect from idiots with simalure state of minds as yours

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-03 21:36   

On 2010-07-02 23:38, Azure Prower wrote:
[/quote]

Yes. But blind pinging and blind shooting is very ineffective.

[/quote]

Actualy, you just probably arent good at it. i can get a luth dred to hull before he even uncloaks...

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-03 21:44   
Quote:

On 2010-07-03 21:36, Lulzypulzy wrote:

On 2010-07-02 23:38, Azure Prower wrote:

Yes. But blind pinging and blind shooting is very ineffective.

[/quote]

Actualy, you just probably arent good at it. i can get a luth dred to hull before he even uncloaks...

[/quote]
tru story lol ive been cloaked for awhile and accidently got hit by an eccm ping then bam i have 3 stations point shooting me and they are ewither hitting me or getting dam close

[ This Message was edited by: Shath on 2010-07-03 23:45 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-03 22:03   
also, you;ve probably just compared stuff to 3 of the best ships in the game...

and they are getting nerfed.

end of discussion.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027238 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR