- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +5.0 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +11.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A wild K'luth appears!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
 Author A wild K'luth appears!
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-04 12:13   
I've been playing Kluth a lot. I take out ICC dreads with ease. UGTO are a little harder, but still doable if you focus on one side of their armor.

It is nice to also be able to pick and choose your fights as well as be ambush immune. Not have to blind shoot at all. They don't need any thing other than damage dealing ships and some one to take turns with to absorb the damage.

I would sign up to Kluth in a flash since many "vets" think they are fine. Only thing holding me back is my fleet.

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 12:19   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 08:33, Alanstar wrote:
I love the arguement against the fact that it takes so many ICC Ships to take out an single Kluth. Let alone an station that could cloak in the midst of the fight and repair itself. Funny that we are forced to bring out scouts and sensor ships just to counter you guys?

I am not talking about taking away your abilites, but give ICC weapons to take you guys on. UGTO close range ships and ICC long range (AKA Missiles). ICC is easier target for Kluth because our main combat ability is missiles and those missiles explode into pretty little plums as soon as you guys cloak.

Figures why ICC is the only one being hammered hard by the Kluth as of lately because we can't mount an effect counter offense against you guys or barely even an defense. We been working as a team, heck, I bee throwing myself into the battle even though I know I am going to die because I was doing what another teammate told me to do. I also try to give my teammates cover whenever I can.

Nobody wants to spend a whole day just firing off blank shots into space, hoping you would hit an Kluth and find out that your only way to counter them has became useless. 3 Beacons only? Maybe up it 5 because the developers introduced stealth module.

Sorry to say, your arguements seem more like you guys want to keep the advance over ICC so you can get easy prestige. I don't QQ unless it is really almost impossible to fight another faction. To you guys, you guys gain more kills then deaths because of an simple little feature that allows you to hide "DIRECTLY" in the battlefield and repair.

Oh yeah, I love how you guys are pushing us out every system except our home system. I have an feeling it is going to be next. The servers don't lie. Next time an developer leaps on, take a look how badly the ICC is taking an beating from the Kluth.

im interested in how u said we were hammering u and ignoring ugto lol....i guess it might be ur fleet tag because when i feel like helpin icc (which is alot cus theyve taken their fair shair of hits over the years) i need to think again when ICCU is runnin the show cus on repeated occassions id tell sum icc guy that im gona help u guys out and guess who starts shootin me when i decloak to shoot ugto...iccu...if only i was working with raven more id emphathize with you

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 12:48   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 10:08, Lark of Serenity wrote:
id like to point out that many kluth players have said "zomg come play as us and youll see how bad it is" yet havent offered to come play as ICC or UGTO to demonstrate how easy they seem to think it is to kill them.

i also find it rather amusing that we're told to use better tactics by kluth to fight them, but they complain about eccm forts reducing cloak time... so you know the minelayer frigate has ecm on it right?

its also an absolute fact that kluth players die less frequently than UGTO and ICC. that in and of itself is an issue.

D: lark i thot ud be on our side *cries* in my opinion tho eccm spam shud make cloak even slower than it is now

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 12:51   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 10:08, Wild Cat wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 08:14, Leopard wrote:
I do think cloak can use a few adjustments, it certainly should not be so damn effective at countering missiles and fighters that even the ICC's Pulse Wave sucks by comparison.

If missiles instead of blowing up, turn in to dumb fire and continue to home in on the last known location, this would make more sense then self destructing.

Would the Cloaked ship remain still he will be hit, if he large and not very quick on the feet I may still get hit.

For fighters, instead of returning, the shouldl engage an other target (nearest to them)

i agree completly whit dis statement

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 12:56   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 11:22, Leopard wrote:
Quote:

its also an absolute fact that kluth players die less frequently than UGTO and ICC. that in and of itself is an issue.

QFT.

You know, a really good way for the developers to figure out balance would be for the game to run a counter in the Metaverse, how many ships are killed on average and by what types of ships. For example, it would show that 10 UGTO Dreadnoughts were killed, 3 by Missile Dread, 3 by EAD, 2 by Siphon, and 2 by Missile Frigate.

While it would not be perfect, I think one of the first things the developers would notice would be that Kluth ships hardly ever die in comparison to UGTO or ICC ships.

Quote:

are you not paying attention at all? how many non kluth have posted on this very topic about how balanced kluth is. Even giving their own insights in to strategies effective v kluth.

There is a lot of disagreement and arguments over this particular subject, there are a lot of non-Kluth and Kluth veterans whom also think that Kluth actually do have it easy.
[ This Message was edited by: Leopard on 2010-07-04 11:29 ]

the thing ive noticed about the dying less frequently......since kluth pop out and surprise u ur unprepared/coordinated/organized etc meaning everyones just kinda shooting at nearest thing that moves.....i dont think kluth die less directly because of cloak but more indirectly because its rare when i see icc(raven teh exception lol)/ugto effectivly coordinating their targets (and yes its easy to tell if ur enemysd working as a team or not by watching where all their bullets are going) if u guys would bring out a small measure of thought process maybe u cud start callin targets b4 we even uncloak and if ppl arnt following orders to those called targets well thats their own fault not because kluth are OP,trust me if u all fire on 1 kluth coordinativly he wont even get the chance to cloak

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 13:04   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 12:13, Azure Prower wrote:
I've been playing Kluth a lot. I take out ICC dreads with ease. UGTO are a little harder, but still doable if you focus on one side of their armor.

It is nice to also be able to pick and choose your fights as well as be ambush immune. Not have to blind shoot at all. They don't need any thing other than damage dealing ships and some one to take turns with to absorb the damage.

I would sign up to Kluth in a flash since many "vets" think they are fine. Only thing holding me back is my fleet.

if sumone let u hammer 1 side of their armor that much they seriously need to go back to flight school

Fatal HI NSA PadmaVajra *XO1*
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-04 15:04   
2cents-
Sure looks like Kluth is powerful, beams and all...but basically, the other night when they were effectively dominating ICC space, what I saw more than their numbers, were the number of ICC whiners who were complaining about being dominated.

It was an admission by those ICC players that Kluth are better than them.

Let me repeat that....

The Whining....is a confession of defeat.

After getting tired of hearing it, several vets laid out a plan and began to erode that great dominance. The ICC players in the round at that moment know what tactics were being uses, whined some more then followed the plan presented by Vets. This plan succeeded in dividing the Kluth, slowed their momentum and eroded their dominance of the MV at that moment.

These InstaAdmirals who kept flying Missle Dreads and the like were useless and embarrassing.

Kluth can be beaten, should be beaten.

When one of the kluth members, also a Vet, asked me if I thought they needed to back off...I said clearly, and they can quote me, "Don't you dare!"

If you want ignorant AI fighting, buy a video game.
This is a community of players, start acting like it please.

To the Kluth and Uggies, bring your best game every time or I will hunt you down and lecture you.

Grand Admiral PadmaVajra
Fatal Squadron of ICC

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 15:20   
I love padma , and I demand a purple combat dessie for her only!

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-04 16:59   
Quote:

On 2010-07-03 05:05, Diep Luc wrote:

And please, don't nerf Krill. It's not the ship, it's GA with gold star and bronze privateer skillful enough to kill Admiral. Necrotic has implied many times "nobody can nerf the skill" and he's damn correct.

No. your wrong. as even the devs have stated, its OP.

Meh. this is just azure doing a CrySulkWhineWhinge.(CSWW)

just give the krill a quick slap with the nerf bat, and it'll all be fine.

[ This Message was edited by: Lulzypulzy on 2010-07-04 17:03 ]

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 17:05   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 15:04, Fatal PadmaVajra wrote:
2cents-
Sure looks like Kluth is powerful, beams and all...but basically, the other night when they were effectively dominating ICC space, what I saw more than their numbers, were the number of ICC whiners who were complaining about being dominated.

Let me repeat that....

After getting tired of hearing it, several vets laid out a plan and began to erode that great dominance. The ICC players in the round at that moment know what tactics were being uses, whined some more then followed the plan presented by Vets. This plan succeeded in dividing the Kluth, slowed their momentum and eroded their dominance of the MV at that moment.

These InstaAdmirals who kept flying Missle Dreads and the like were useless and embarrassing.

When one of the kluth members, also a Vet, asked me if I thought they needed to back off...I said clearly, and they can quote me, "Don't you dare!"

To the Kluth and Uggies, bring your best game every time or I will hunt you down and lecture you.

Grand Admiral PadmaVajra
Fatal Squadron of ICC

Well said padma. You are worthy advisary and a true leader of ICC
It is becoming more and more aparent who the true icc really are here.
If icc were to follow your example they would be a true threat.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 17:12   
Quote:

id like to point out that many kluth players have said "zomg come play as us and youll see how bad it is" yet havent offered to come play as ICC or UGTO to demonstrate how easy they seem to think it is to kill them.

i also find it rather amusing that we're told to use better tactics by kluth to fight them, but they complain about eccm forts reducing cloak time... so you know the minelayer frigate has ecm on it right?

i have said this many times if icc and kluth switched places the result would be the same. I would certainly do this if it was worth it to us just to prove once again icc is not weak v anyone.

perhaps we can work of a wager? draw out a a set of conditions that would garrentee a victor and of course need a reward to the winner at the expense of the looser.

if icc were to draw this up i would more the happy to participate in proving once and for all that icc is neither weak and kluth is not op. Of course i enjoy a challenge but does icc?

[ This Message was edited by: Necrotic on 2010-07-04 17:18 ]

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-04 17:19   
Quote:

Yeah, it makes me want to hit their head against a table (yes, theirs, why should I hurt myself?) when people do that. Especially when they keep dying and respawn in another one and complain that they can't shoot the Kluth.

Then again I still say Dreadnoughts in general are overrated but try arguing that with even a lot of the vets.

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-04 18:41   
Quote:

2cents-

Let me repeat that....

Grand Admiral PadmaVajra
Fatal Squadron of ICC

Here, Here...

Padma is a dyed in the wool ICC player, and one of the best ICC dessie pilots going....

So quit your whining and listen to the vet players and quit trying to get the other factions nerfed...

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 20:35   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 17:12, Necrotic wrote:
Quote:

i have said this many times if icc and kluth switched places the result would be the same. I would certainly do this if it was worth it to us just to prove once again icc is not weak v anyone.

perhaps we can work of a wager? draw out a a set of conditions that would garrentee a victor and of course need a reward to the winner at the expense of the looser.

if icc were to draw this up i would more the happy to participate in proving once and for all that icc is neither weak and kluth is not op. Of course i enjoy a challenge but does icc?

[ This Message was edited by: Necrotic on 2010-07-04 17:18 ]

mind if i join in on dis? i mean to be honest im laughing histericly at u guys cus u think ur so underpowered etc etc when u shud be extremly happy that we arnt in 1483 anymore and that icc are as good as the other factions now cus im tired of these iccu noobs whining over everything when their raven/FS counterparts have been through more then they can imagine

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-04 22:06   
Shath, for the love of god, please learn how to use proper spelling and grammer, I do not mind occasional shortcuts but your pseudo-l33tspeak is just plain difficult to read.

Do you folks really think that one faction flies so much better than other factions? Sure, you have the idiot ICC pilots, but you also have idiot UGTO pilots and idiot Kluth pilots, no faction has a monopoly on low-skilled players or idiots, and each faction has its good fleets and its bad fleets.

Beyond that, you folks should try making an argument more decent and comprehensive than 'L2P noob', because a lot of ICC actually do know how to play the game, and a lot of us do agree that balance is not quite right. It is a lot better than it ever has been, mind you, but that is not saying a whole lot.

But considering that even most Kluth players think that adjustments could be made in some areas, especially missiles and the Krill, there is not much to add. However, I do think that Kluth should be forced to play at the ECM/ECCM game as well, as right now they have no incentive or reason to pull scouts out.

Goto the website of Novacat
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Page created in 0.208694 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR