No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +13.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Most recent 1.481 Version (6th Feb) ....Post ALL Bugs Found AND Discussion here!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
 Author Most recent 1.481 Version (6th Feb) ....Post ALL Bugs Found AND Discussion here!
Keja Dogo {C?} (Master windoo)
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-06 22:11   
Also, there's something with the new next target command that selects sub systems on ships.

Well for one it hardly ever works. I had an enemy frigate selected and all i could target was him and his IT missile, and only sometimes.

But the worst bug with this is you can select a point in space and it will give you a next target option. clicking next target in this way will crash to desktop; mabey even the server, allthough i've not tested it fully yet.

[ This Message was edited by: Elfstar {C?} (aka. pirate child) on 2004-02-06 22:13 ]

\"If you place a thing in the center of your life, that lacks the power to norish, it will eventually poison everything that you are, and destroy you. As simple a thing as an idea, or your perspective of your se

Malduc{-GTN-}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-06 22:34   
I was picking up a weapon in space from a destroyed ship and when I hit "Load" my comp froze.

I am running a 1.9 gig P4 processor, 512 RAM, 64 Meg vid card, DSL connection. Never had any comp lock up before except when bombing death stars in the MV with greater than 187% shields.

Malduc

Honor Is All

Malduc{-GTN-}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-06 22:36   
Also, as Switchblade mentioned, I lose prestige when disconnected. Like I haven't been in the game at all for the previous 5 minutes to the disco.

Malduc

Honor Is All

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-06 22:42   

• Ship explosions cause extreme graphics lag. I'm running a GeForce4 Ti 4600 on a 1.8 GHZ Athlon XP and 1024 MB PC2100 DDRAM.
  • Gas giant's borders extend further than their models. I had a clear path for a jump past Izzy, but the nav screen said i had a red line... I tried it, and sure enough, i smacked into the gas giant when i was passing through empty space.
  • All cannons are grossly overpowered. I like their new power, but they need to fire single shots again if we're gonna keep that power. They were given five shots to increase their power, so we need to compensate. (Yes, theyre too powerful... a Jump Cruiser beat the pants out of a Torp Cruiser).

-Dem

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-06 22:53   
I launched from Rafraue in a supply ship, and it had depots on it... I receieved these messages:
Reloading [-GTN-]Baikon
Reload stopped...
Reloading [PB]Sky
Reload stopped...
Reloading [-GTN-]Baikon
Reload stopped...
Reloading [PB]Sky
Reload stopped...

about 2 times each. Don't know what the heck was going on there...

As well, a spelling error in the Setup Menu under options: Shiow Sheild Status

[ This Message was edited by: Baikon on 2004-02-06 22:53 ]

TheEvilGriffin
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-06 23:50   
HEHE yes i was in that jump cruiser
Also, seems to be a sync issue with enemy planets, had Okag targeted with 32 structures, could only see 6 of the structures. After bombing the planet to 26 structures could only see the remaining 2 of 6.

oh and yeah rail guns are a bit overpowered lol

[Edit]

Repeat: Cannons period.

[/Edit]

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2004-02-06 23:51 ]

Email TheEvilGriffin
AgentFritz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-06 23:58   
Ummmmm, rar? I miss chat commands being the old way, not really a bug, but a major major major major major change

I really miss the old chat commands...

?Can I get a w00t w00t?

[ This Message was edited by: AgentFritz on 2004-02-07 00:01 ]

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-07 00:01   

• A command while using /meta results in a text broadcast.
  • Planets still rotate the wrong way - clockwise.

-Dem

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2004-02-07 00:10 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-02-07 09:06   
Demorian:

Basically, when you use /meta, anything after that is sent to the MetaClient object (i.e. Lobby), so just as you would talk in a room.... if you happen to have admin rights, and type /meta and a message... since your not joined to a room, it becomes a broadcast ...

So, yes, you right, that is a bug ...

The math for the rotation of planets is now fixed, and will be up in the next update... thanks for your keen EYE demorian

Yes, cannons are way overpowered... don't know what happened, but the code hasn't been changed for that.

Yes, I'm aware of the collision radius on the gas giants... just need to go rebuild all the game data to fix it.

Malduc:

I'll look into the prestige loss, but are you giving it enought time? Reason I ask, is I added ALOT more cacheing of stats to cut down on inter-server communications... Anyway, I will double check and test the profile code since it really hasn't been tested since some major changes.

AgentFritz:

Whats really changed about in-game chat besides the color? The default chat is now to your entire faction, just a different color.

The reason I had to add the /meta command, is because before the server had no / slash commands, so if a / command wasn't reconized by the client, I would forward that command onto the MetaClient object... which is why you could use /send directly in game. Now, the GameServer has it's own / (slash) commands (i.e. /clients, /bounce) so if a command is not reconized by the client, then it needs to be forwarded onto the server.

Griffin:

I have no ideal what happened with the cannons, but they certainly seem to be much more powerful now... more than a torpedo even, which is not in balance.

Baikon:

Yes, I know of the bug that displays the messages from the Reload device in a depot to all players in the local area. I'm working on a solution, but it's not easy.

Goto the website of Faustus
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-02-07 09:08   
P.S. The server ran all night with 0 (zero) crashes.... either the last patch I put up fixed alot of things, or nobody is testing the server code

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-07 09:38   
I have a few things to say about the new code from my experiances tested lst night:
1. Why are you changing the interphase (the f? keys)? The current system works fine and I know most people wouldn't like learnign a new system.
2. Please add the ability to jump in the nav screen...that is the most annoyingthing ever (In normal darkspace (non-beta) I spend almost all my time in the nav screen so this is very annoying)
3. Please either reduce the particle cannon (and railgun and phi cannon) power or boost the power of other weapons (they do more damage than torps for crying out load, though it is good for fighters)
4. BUG: every few minutes my credits resets in the beta (I earned a total of 5K credits last night, spent 500 on an ecm and have 0 now)(this happens a lot and I have seen my credits go from 1K to 0 while waiting for an nme to appear)
5. That's all I can think of right now, please fix these issues.