No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Most recent 1.481 Version (6th Feb) ....Post ALL Bugs Found AND Discussion here!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
 Author Most recent 1.481 Version (6th Feb) ....Post ALL Bugs Found AND Discussion here!
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-02-09 14:19   
"cheap" that mean missing this effect removes that beauty of stuff carry and chance to loose this stuff because someone shoot ur transport drone

it makes people bit more carefull when they selling stuff at undefended planet

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-02-09 15:40   
[Point defense]

Point defense seem to be as in release version now.
They keep fireing even when target has been destroyed.

- Axi

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-09 16:44   
Quote:

ditto
_____

planet orbit paths seem to be off
i know its on in the nav map filters beacause i can still see (and toggle) the orbit rings that show up when a player orbits a planet

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-09 19:06   
Got sudden slowdown for apparently no reason. It went to below 0fps. I don't know why, but I don't think its my hardware. Worked fine yesterday. As well, problem ended as soon as I killed Client.

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-02-09 19:07   
Quote:

On 2004-02-09 16:44, Doran wrote:
Quote:

ditto
_____

planet orbit paths seem to be off
i know its on in the nav map filters beacause i can still see (and toggle) the orbit rings that show up when a player orbits a planet

hmm it gives exploration feeling cause now i must find every piece of rock in space thru looooong search on map lol

but for known planets it should be visible (or maybe just some parsec long trail? ...

NOTE: uh oh i just noticed it works again ... strange ...

[ This Message was edited by: Dwarden on 2004-02-09 19:20 ]

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-09 21:51   
Thanks for putting the arrow keys in the bug list

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2004-02-09 23:18 ]

Email Bobamelius
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-02-10 02:15   
From the Official Bug List i copied this list.
Since we cannot reply there if you see any mentioned bug that seems to be fixed quote the bug and post as of when you noticed the bug was fixed.
to keep it organised pls dont post the same bug has been fixed 20 times

Quote:

Self Destruct and Create defend mission keyboard shortcuts are the same shortcut.

Systems do not take damage once 50% hull is reached

Mines only effect the first system listed on the ship, in all cases this is the first STL engine.

Cannons grossly overpowered.

Flying into gates and back out reset your credits to whatever you had when you entered the server.

Create defend mission and scrap/disband both on ctrl+Q

Disconnects make it so you lose all of the prestige you gained on that server beforehand.

If your ship is captured by the enemy, you respawn with a preset jump and you can still navigate your ship, but the Jump Alignment timer goes off and when it reaches zero the Text `Jump Complete` appears in the upper left in the chat.

Ability to "jump" through Dhao if you get close enough

Can't load any cargo from destroyed enemy ships, it turns to green after load and then not apear in my cargo (it float in space till vanishing) ...

Manufactured items not listed in factory queue, but they eat resources.

Starport list not updating with manufactured items.

Getting kicked to desktop when the map cycles and brings up that scoreboard

The new next target command that selects sub systems on ships rarely works.

You can select a point in space and it will give you a next target option. clicking next target in this way will crash to desktop.

Computer lockup when picking up a weapon in space from a destroyed ship.

Personal ship explosions cause extreme graphics lag.

Gas giant's impact radii extend further than their models.

Depots spam "reload" information to players even if the players are on the other team.

Getting occasional ECCM On, ECCM Off spam when sensor bases get built (possible connection to depot spam bug)

Seems to be a sync issue with enemy planets, had Okag targeted with 32 structures, could only see 6 of the structures. After bombing the planet to 26 structures could only see the remaining 2 of 6.

A command while using /meta results in a text broadcast.

Every few minutes my credits resets in the beta (I earned a total of 5K credits last night, spent 500 on an ecm and have 0 now)(this happens a lot and I have seen my credits go from 1K to 0 while waiting for an nme to appear)

In cygnus system you CANT drop inf on Ahaza.. the inf just go straight down to the unknown.

Resource lost is stuck wont go up or down

Planet collisions is also stuck

Most gas giants are to far to mine even when you orbit them. you dont see any target squares.

Shooting beacons at planets (namely Faobian) beacons show up as yellow inf diamonds, and are targetable parts of the planet (can be selected)

Faction names on the join window dont darken if the team is full, no other indication if team is full or not untill you try to join a team

Buttons are very hard to click if their decals (such as ship categories in ship selections or the chat type in the communications tab) are small. The click area of the button should be changed to encompass the button, not just the image/text on the button.

Fleet chat doesn't send to your fleet only. Your faction can still hear it.

Inf do not retain the orders given on ship when they go down to the planet...

Sometimes, at seemingly random moments, I become unable to fire weapons or unload infantry.

Tried to unload inf onto a planet, defenses shot through planet and shot them down.

Chat is by default faction whilst in-game, but while changing ships it is fleet chat instead

Jump does not work in navigation screen.

A spelling error in the Setup Menu under options: Shiow Sheild Status

My game crashed as I was building Le in the beta scenario. I built a starport, and when it was done, I went to go switch ships. It opened the ship select screen and my comp locked and the game crashed.

Incomming beacons cant be shot with PD

Particle effects: Particles cluster around your ship if you zoom in and rotate the camera, or just stay zoomed in. If you then zoom out a short distance, the particles stay clustered around your ship, they DO NOT disperse out, unless you zoom out of view.

The enemy jump gate is visible in the F2 Screen, even if no friendly is near it.

Old bug: Inability to fire after launching from the shipyard.

Complete freeze if warp into jumpgate while in F2 Screen

Planetary Depots count as Defense on the bottom right screen when selected.

Metals collecting in the spaceport past their base unit (1000) eg: 1079 metals in spaceport

Metals are NOT added to planet totals if sold at spaceports. They just build up.

Fighters docking with their mothership are not added back to the fighter bay total.

Can see enemy trade routes when sending/receiving planet is selected (F2 screen only)

Deactivateing Depots DOES NOT stop them from reloading friendly ships.

ECCM/ECM rings do not conform with their base's angle. It is straigth up/down, not at all expanding at an angle similar to its location in the planet's curvature.

Enemies can be seen in F2 Screen, even if there is no friendly anywhere near them, or their signature is - and nobody can see them, they are still visible.

Def bases don't fire.

Also the current ICC Dbases have NO chance of shooting down even 1 drop pod they are way to weak.

Friendly kluth ships are still quite invisible.

Orbit paths of planets are missing on several maps.

On ICC/UGTO alliance maps, the other faction's planets and ships are still enemy.

Map Editor still does not work (ships not loaded bug). ICC/UGTO Alliance issue here too.

The ELF beam does not seem to transfer the enemies energy to my ship, i do not know if this i just me or not

When the beams animation stops when the target is destroyed the sound continues on for the full length of the normal firing cycle.

Friendly bases shoot sometimes own drones transporting materials to planet (mostly when player is destroyed or land into shipyard) maybe because they turn to enemy, should be fixed, same goes for troop drones...

Exploit: Shipyards can be entered while cruising from about 300 gu away, makes escaping enemies very easy.

Shipyards are too easy to exploit with re-entry techniques and such.

When you activate the mining beam with a full cargo hold (had infantry), and then dump a cargo to the planet, it won't start filling the new space unless you disable the mining beam, at which point it will start filling the space (with the beam disabled for a short time. When you re-enable the beam it will continue to fill the slot.

Point defense seem to be as in release version now. They keep fireing even when target has been destroyed.

Arrow keys run the rudder system now and do not properly stop turning when released.

Happy bug hunting.
PS demorian i hope this helps you to keep the other post updated

- Axi

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-10 04:20   
Quote:

1) Cannons grossly overpowered.

2) In cygnus system you CANT drop inf on Ahaza.. the inf just go straight down to the unknown.

3) Planetary Depots count as Defense on the bottom right screen when selected.

1) That's because the collision detection has vastly improved and they actually hit now.

2) See Gas Giants hitbox larger than graphic. Ahaza is completely inside Faobian's hitbox, these are no separate bugs.

3) They always have, even in current release. Dont believe me? Check it...

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-02-10 06:10   
Quote:

1. Cannons grossly overpowered.

2. Can't load any cargo from destroyed enemy ships, it turns to green after load and then not apear in my cargo (it float in space till vanishing) ...

3. Gas giant's impact radii extend further than their models.

4. Def bases don't fire.

[Admin]Faustus broadcasts "Beta updating, multiple bug fixes including cannon damage, planet radius, and defense bases.."

Although im not sure what of the the Defense bases bugs have been fixed there are quite a lot of em.

- Axi

Hitman23
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-10 09:12   
I was building in beta and these are the bugs I came across:

(I checked Demo's list before posting this)

1. When unloading metals to a planet only a fraction of them would transfer. IE - I would unload 500 metals and only 3 or 15 metals would actually go to the planet and I lost the remaining metals.

I did have an inf on board but unloaded him and moved to a close by planet and had the same issue. It wasn't until I jumped to another planet that it actually unloaded properly. I then went back to the original planet that I had the issue with and it worked. Lag???

2. When building a large planet, the back half is out of the build beams range so no prestige for the build and you are only able to build researched items. Is this on purpose?

3. Mining beam would occasionally not restart after unloading metals.

4. Umm.... Where are the transports? I found the trade routes screen to be a pain in the butt!!! I was unsure if I was actually setting up a trade and if I was I didn't have the foggiest where it was going. All that didn't matter though because there wasn't a tranny to do the work. Am I missing something here??

That is all I have found so far.

I did see my profile a lot trying to get used to the new f3 screen and I fumbled around a bit but my experience so far has been somewhat of a positive one. I did like the fact that all the planets I had required mining before building. Might make things really difficult in a senerio role though. Are the senerio's done with this release?

Email Hitman23
Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-10 09:23   
Hitman: there are no more transports. Now the resources are exported automatically, although it takes a while for the first batch to get there.

And for any of you having problems with the interface as well: select a resource to export, then click the destination planet. Importing however, is impossible (no need for it in fact...). When there is currently an export of the selected resource to the intended planet, the button will be labelled "Stop exporting X to Y", else it will be "Export X to Y" (where X is a resource and Y is a planet of course...). Have fun in there!

Rock

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-02-10 09:49   
I want raise up some uncommon issue , even all says server synchronizing runs great , yesterday in 2 scenarios following each other, server was extremely laggy in last 10 minutes of that map time ...

- i checked by other players at server and they said it lags for them too...
- when i look upon my ingame ping it was 0
- my ship was warping around instead of smooth moving or
- my ship stuck (not moving) exactly in moment i was hit by 3 disruptors ... it was like in startrek movies when some massive time corruption happen and everything stops moving

i posting it to make sure it's known to others and tracked and killed ...

codemonkey
Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2004-02-10 12:21   
In setup the text in 'Display mode' dosen't all fit in the box. Mine only fits 'NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti 4200 with 8x AGP' and the resolution and colour depth are cut off.

Email codemonkey   Goto the website of codemonkey
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-02-10 13:51   
- there are some sync issues, enemy planets reporting structures on surface but there are none or less than this reported value

- some newbies to this game got very interesant comment "How i can find how much of cargo space is free" so i suggest implementing value Cargo at top right (similar to signature) e.g. for scout it will report Cargo 1000 / 1000 to give simple information about (e.g. after loading infantry it will say 0 / 1000 or such way)...

- there is still some jump bug, if i leave shipyard, orbit planet, then select direct jump FROM planet into empty space in rare moments my ship will explode with message i hit that planet which is behind me ... very confusing ...

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-02-10 14:38   
- needed change to defence bases, they should detect target behind planet/moon/gasgiant/star and stop shooting missiles in that moment (fighter bases should still launch fighters as they can avoid that object and fly around) ... or give defence bases missiles some tracking AI system to avoid planets too ...

- techlevels are nice, but i dont know what is actual planet maximum (it shows just actual level not how much i can reach) ...

- still not working queue in factory + item manufacturing ...

EDIT: i noticed max techlevel is equal to Research value ... so this is no issue anymore ...

[ This Message was edited by: Dwarden on 2004-02-10 15:16 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022376 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR