No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Most recent 1.481 Version (6th Feb) ....Post ALL Bugs Found AND Discussion here!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
 Author Most recent 1.481 Version (6th Feb) ....Post ALL Bugs Found AND Discussion here!
Sky
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-02-11 12:12   
Quote:

On 2004-02-11 09:53, Iglooman (SF) wrote:
I orbited it fine, but could not activate my mining beam to get any.

Make sure you are within 300 gu of the gas giant

Cheers

Sky

Sky.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2004-02-11 12:38   
Quote:

On 2004-02-11 11:58, Varzadium wrote:
Ok. Here's something that happens to me EVERY TIME I log onto the Beta Client.

I stop getting any chat on my retail client. I have to close it and relogin to get back into the chat.

Then it works like normal again. Any idea what causes this? Kinda annoying....

[edit] Problem also happens vice versa..... after I relog into my retail client my Beta goes dead..... ack. ;/

[edit #2] After relogging to Beta Client players in the Retail lobby can see my chat attempts, but I do not appear in the room. I cannot get whispers, but players can /send me and the sends show up on my **now** active Beta client. I can also send back to them. =)

[ This Message was edited by: Varzadium on 2004-02-11 12:22 ]

The same client login can not be logged in concurrently... Or more simply, you can not log in more than once with the same user account, Beta and Retail call from the same user file and the meta's talk to each other. So your account info is locked by the server. Loggining in again blocks you out.

Hence, dont do it...

Email Tael
TheEvilGriffin
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-11 12:53   
Ok just a few things some of wich have allready been brought up.

1. Missing structures on enemy planets, the planet will report its correct total structure count but for whatever reason only Defens structures as well as barracks are seen. However if you look closely at the planets you can see missing diamonds where the structures are just cant target them. Now i kinda like this however i suggest a sensor system be needed to see all structures, say no eccm or scanners can see def structures at 1k-500gu . To reveal the the rest of the structure a scanner would be needed maybe even a more advanced scanner based on what tech level a structure is. the more advanced the structure the more advanced the equipment needed to reveal it.

2.Tradeing will post on that after the new trade update goes in....

3. Def Bases DO fire however, Cant see missles fired from planets but if you camera the planet and zoom in you hear them fire. You do see the missle or what i assume to be missles explode but not the missles themselves or thier trailers, and fighter bases dont launch.

4. Devices at factories cant be built

5. When selling materials to the port it stays in the port , needs to go to the res pool of the planet.

6. when captureing a planet it reports back unloading infantry to Cu:66 or whatever, might wan t to hide the number referance.

that is for now

Email TheEvilGriffin
Hitman23
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-11 15:09   
Not sure if this has been said already (I try to read all the posts but I keep falling asleep and forget where I left off) but a lot of the planets are messed up. Meaning some you cannot unload anything on too, others you cannot build on and usually it is those planets that give you mining issues. By mining issues I mean you can mine say 500 metals and when you try to unload them it only unloads 5 metals and the rest are deleted.

I do really like the new way of building though.

[ This Message was edited by: Hitman23 on 2004-02-11 15:10 ]

Email Hitman23
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-11 16:43   
All K'Luth ships are Tech Level 90!! Even the scouts.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2004-02-11 16:43 ]

Email Bobamelius
Malduc{-GTN-}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-11 16:51   
Every action of every ship is displayed in white letters at the top left to the screen, from reloads, to orbits, to jump drive engage/abort, to transfer of credits.... all of it. It gets a little annoying.

Also, when I pick up troops off a friendly planet I get the "Hostile troops have boarded your ship" warning in blue.

Malduc

Honor Is All

Hitman23
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-11 18:06   
Funny, I never knew there was a warning about hostile troops on your ship and my ship has been captured 4 times now!

Email Hitman23
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-02-11 20:02   
Thats because I just added the message today, but due to a bug (which has already been fixed) it would get displayed when ANY troops were loaded onto your ship.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-11 21:50   
planet def it missiles are visible if a planet revolts and becomes neutral
missiles dont show up otherwise

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-11 22:05   
I don't seem to be able to see myself in the lobby.

Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-12 07:45   
forgive me faustus but im not going to read 9 pages to see if the bugs that accured last night has all ready been addressed i ll just share what i experienced

1) couldnt see buildings to bomb not even 50gu away it said that it had 4 buildings after capturing the planet i then could see them

2) planetary defense bases would not fire on the enemy when checked the db's it would say -10 power even tho i had a 56+ surplus for the whole planet

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-12 09:30   
Those were both mentioned, read the pages after all...

Now then, i noticed something funny. When as a kluth i capped a UGTO planet, i built a factory. Surprise surprise, I had CL2k tech. Even bigger surprise: ruptors, AM tech, psi tech and all other kluth stuff was also available. Dont know if this is because i built extra labs with a kluth build or simply due to faction.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-12 10:05   
yeah i saw that with icc too, had some uto and a bit of kluth tech in there, and that was just with a icc hub

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-12 15:11   
not a bug per say, just a bit wierd
kluth cloaking- seems kinda selective as to what planets you can and cant see through your cloaked ship

most planets and stars you dont see when looking at em thru the ship, just the starfield/nebulas
but some planets, earth for example you can see, but just show up as a black disk, think 2512 in sirius is also this way

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-02-12 16:14   
On several maps, there are a lot of planets missing. And frequently I can't see the orbit paths, either.

Email Jim Starluck
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Page created in 0.036647 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR