No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Most recent 1.481 Version (6th Feb) ....Post ALL Bugs Found AND Discussion here!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
 Author Most recent 1.481 Version (6th Feb) ....Post ALL Bugs Found AND Discussion here!
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-12 17:04   
Jim that would because your zoomed too far out.

Vain
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-12 18:06   
With a supply ship, shipyard, and a damaged ship. You can starting repairing the damaged ship, it can go in the shipyard, and the supply ship can still repair and get points for it. I'm pretty sure it repairs as if the ship were still there.

Email Vain   Goto the website of Vain
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-12 18:08   
Quote:

On 2004-02-12 18:06, Vain wrote:
With a supply ship, shipyard, and a damaged ship. You can starting repairing the damaged ship, it can go in the shipyard, and the supply ship can still repair and get points for it. I'm pretty sure it repairs as if the ship were still there.

That's the same thing that happens in release when a person gates or logs while you're repairing them.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2004-02-12 18:09 ]

Email Bobamelius
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-12 21:16   
End bug: Maps that are supposed to link to Wolf/Ross depending on the victory conditions can cause a client crash. The game simply cycles through these 2 maps and then crashes (not always). I'm not sure what causes it, perhaps the maps are linked badly?

-SHIPYARDS: It is VERY annoying to board some one successfully with 1 elite infantry to see them disappear in a shipyard immediately then pop out with a brand new ship 5 seconds later.
It is VERY annoying as well to almost kill somebody only to see them disappear into a shipyard and pop out with a perfectly new ship.

Perhaps the way to fix this is to add a delay timer like with the disconnect in the current version. (eg 1 minute) Or perhaps make it that you cannot dock a shipyard if you have damage/are boarded.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-02-12 21:47   
Keep in mind, anytime they do that it uses resources which in turn hurts their team... so their is a negative trade off for doing that. I'm not sure what we could even do to stop that kind of shipyard abuse anyway.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-12 22:48   
You could bomb the shipyard planet- ANYWHERE on the planet- reduce its tech level to where they can't get anything above dessies.

SabelTooth
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-13 06:32   
Maybe if there is an enemy X gu away you cant dock..with a message: Too close to enemy to dock..

Email SabelTooth
tomcat
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-13 08:36   
i run the betaclient with the same settings then the released one. what is odd is that the beta is screwing around with the monitormode in a way that at first i start laughing but after a while it wasn't funny anymore:

i use 1280x1024x32 on the primary monitor. the horizontal is reduced (like i would reduce the horizontal size on the monitor) by approx. 20% and shifted to the right - the vertical by 10% if i am in the betaserver.
using the betaclient in the regular servers results in a movielike 9x6 ratio panavion with black areas top and bottom.

in both cases the usual perfect round planets are squeezed in their horizontal and the brightness is reduced by 20% as well.

what is new is that i can choose which monitor i want to run the client which makes it easier to run 2 clients or reserve the primary for applications which otherwise interfear with resources of the primary adapter needed for DS.

[ This Message was edited by: tomcat on 2004-02-13 09:13 ]

codemonkey
Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2004-02-13 11:13   
I was just logging on to the beta server and I could have sworn it said 10 clients. When I connected it told me ICC was full so I went UGTO, it turned out there was only 1 other player and he was also on UGTO.

Email codemonkey   Goto the website of codemonkey
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-13 14:48   
Quote:

On 2004-02-13 11:13, G.A.Thrawn wrote:
I was just logging on to the beta server and I could have sworn it said 10 clients. When I connected it told me ICC was full so I went UGTO, it turned out there was only 1 other player and he was also on UGTO.

This was a result of Faustus working on the new map editor.

Email Gideon
Sky
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-02-13 16:34   
Hunn ... I was at the faction select screen, tried to go in UGTO, fleet full, so I head toward ICC ... then I choose and extractor and pull it out.It seemed that my extractor poped at the gate and immediatly popped back in, then I am thrown back to the faction select screen, but with no faction to choose ...

DAT WAS WEIRD !!

Sky.

deaddog
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-13 17:06   
well loged on twice to play in beta i was icc and my ship came out of the gate striped of all systems nothing but i could still jump to a planet bye the command orbit or back to the gate with the command follow

Email deaddog
Iglooman (SF)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-13 21:42   
Playing tonight in beta. Was building Wallengoad. While in planetary view with infantry on planet, I was panning the view and I saw an infantry on the rigth side of the screen floating in space. I clicked on him and cameraed him. He was about 481000gu away... I decided to see if I could load him for fun. Pressed L.

Server reported : Loading Infantry and teh infantry popped off my viewer. Very weird. Never got to see if it loaded. Got discoed shortly after for the second time. Server seems unstable.

Mike Drenth - Temagami

Goto the website of Iglooman (SF)
TheEvilGriffin
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-14 03:37   
Quote:

On 2004-02-13 21:42, Iglooman (SF) wrote:
Playing tonight in beta. Was building Wallengoad. While in planetary view with infantry on planet, I was panning the view and I saw an infantry on the rigth side of the screen floating in space. I clicked on him and cameraed him. He was about 481000gu away... I decided to see if I could load him for fun. Pressed L.

Server reported : Loading Infantry and teh infantry popped off my viewer. Very weird. Never got to see if it loaded. Got discoed shortly after for the second time. Server seems unstable.

I found that this happens with inf that are used to capture planets, this also happens with cargo dropped. For whatever reason the inf/item dropped will appear as if its out in the middle of space but its not really there. The planet info screen will show the inf in the count but you cant retrieve the inf, i disband the inf usually to get rid of it.

Can only build 13 out of 35 devices from the factory.

No range limit message when plotting a long jump - minor

had a few ghost ships, 1 was myself and when i pushed my ghost into the planet i got the ship destroyed message and was at ship selection screen.

[ This Message was edited by: TheEvilGriffin on 2004-02-14 03:42 ]

Email TheEvilGriffin
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-14 03:55   
Docking with a damaged ship should use up an extra amount of resources.
These would be needed to fix the ship

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030089 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR