No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » remember me
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
 Author remember me
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2009-01-02 20:55   
well, i got rid of my rectums, and got a load of "beef cuttings"
i think they take the rectums, and make hot dogs, and use the beef cuttings for flaver...or the hot dogs would taste like...

well anyway...those delivered in Los angeles, and then i got a load assignment for a load of produce just a few miles south of coachella california (site of that infamous taco bell unzipped fly incident)

anyway, here i sit, waiting to be loaded with cabbage and etc. to take to indiana, seems they waiting on product or somthing and i am bored, and was just slapped down by shig for poking fun of goth...whats a driver to do

what sux about this, is because the customer sold something they dont have, i sit here forever losing money, and...i will have to repower the load to another driver, and go back into california again...and do the same thing...again more lost money

not rolling
Mecca,California
Ship-of-Fools

PS check your cat walk for lizards when it gets cold outside at night

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2009-01-02 21:00   
ok

i just passed on my load of produce to another driver in holbrook nm, and got a load of chicken boobies, which delivered in Brea california, and now they are once again loading meh out with more produce which i will no doubt have to sit and wait for, and have to pass on to another driver

this sux

but it could be worse, i am just not sure how it could be worse

Empty and upset
Brea California
Ship-of-Fools
I hate california
[ This Message was edited by: Ship-Of-Fools on 2009-01-05 15:23 ]

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2009-01-06 12:12   
well, i am sitting in a travel center of america truck stop in ontario california
rather upset that i havent been given anything to do, on the bright side i have had a chance to play in the mv as i have a good net connection

sadly the AI seems to spawn only dreads and cruisers, which sux, as i cant do anything about them in my tiny ship...

and have been demoted to captain..again

i did get a chance to clean out my truck and have broken my vac cleaner
and it should be obvious that i have had a chance to update this tread

sadly i have nothing to update it with

it seems that freight dies after the new years for a few weeks, and alot of trucks are just sitting, luckly i was able to get some good miles during xmas while alot of drivers went home

anyway...back to the lobby
holler later

ship-of-fools
Ontario,california
NO NO NO NO....i dont want Compnay tonite...go AWAY

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2009-01-13 09:36   
they found me a load of candy to take to laredo texas, which only took 2 and a half days

in laredo i picked up a load and took it the the rail in fort worth, this load was granola bars going to chicago

in fort worth i picked up a load from a kraft DC of dry goods and went to loveland colorado, which is just north of denver

now i sit in a walmart DC, waiting for my trailer to be unloaded, and probably going to pick up meat in dodge city or holcomb kansas

well, holler later

frieght is still dead, alot of trucks sitting aorund, and the loads we are getting arnt very good loads, low milage etc.

PS, the truck stop in Loveland, Johnson Corner travel plaza, makes a great taco salad...who would have thought that in Colorado

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-13 11:43   
Sounds lonely. Sounds like before the internet it would have been painfully lonely.

It does sound better than the career I just left though.

Sonlox ~hes that sexy~
Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-01-19 19:39   
I wish people could remember me.. ohh well

waiting for 1.483 since September 10, 2004

Goto the website of Sonlox ~hes that sexy~
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-01-19 20:52   
I remember sonlox. He loved me.

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2009-01-21 01:24   
if i remember i was in loveland CO at last entry

from there, i went to the Meat patch, which is the central united states, and picked up a load of beef, in Holcomb kansas

those that are keeping track know i have done this before

this load had 2 drops, on in PA, and one in new york city

everything went great untill i stopped for the nite in London Ohio, just outside of columbus Ohio, and it got -20F and my truck died, and so did my heat,
I then spent the next 16 hours freezing my butt off, sadly all my soda, and bottled water froze solid, so i was thirsty as well

before u ask, my pee bottle froze solid as well

around 10 am company sent a driver to take my load, and I paid a wrecker to pull my broken truck out from under the trailer, and he left to make ontime delivery with the load

he left his load which delivered on the 18th, a day later, so i had a hope of making ontime delivery if all went well(yeah right)

next the company had my truck towed to a kenworth dealer to blow out the fuel system (by a different wrecker...long story)and then reefer on my new trailer died (from the cold) so it was taken to a Thermoking repair yard

later on my truck was fixed and running, and i went over to pick up the trailer and was finally able to drive around midnite

i got about 250 miles up the road and the Reefer on my trailer died again, and i had to stop in Erie PA at a travel centers of american to get it fixed, this was about 6am, and at this point i gave up, and went to bed

next day i got rolling right on time, and was able to drive about 6 hours before i had to stop due to snow...i couldnt tell what lane i was in, or if i was still on the road, which is bad in a 80000lbs truck.. at this point i relized that including me there was 4 vehicles on the road (10pm) and 2 of them was in the ditch, and 1 was a wrecker. So i called the company and told them to put meh on weather shutdown and the delivery was rescheduled for the following day

the next day i drove into New hampster at 4am in the middle of a winter weather advisery, (only a foot of snow) and made delivery

from there i deadheaded to a chemical plant in albany and picked up 43000lbs of.....

Personal Lubricant....

not joking..its in 55 gallon drums
dont ask meh who wants, or needs this stuff

Ship-Of-Fools
Knoxville,TN

I dont wanna Hear A WORD about lizards on this one

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-21 05:01   
"Woaah check that guy, with all the lube!"
Lol

ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-21 09:55   
Don't worry about money lose man. I got a BS degree in computer science and work here in Ukraine for 450$ a month. And yesterday our lovely government made a new tax for cars. If your car is elder then 8 years, you have to pay from 5000 to 15000$ a year for it (depends of engine strength). Well, in Ukraine over 80% of cars are older than that. Most people do only 3000-4000$ a year.
I loved this country long ago, really loved. I love people here, but the kind of government we have here is real s%$#. So man, chill out and be glad that you were born in US. I visited your country last year and it is really great, no matter what your Mass Media say about that.

[ This Message was edited by: ArturK on 2009-01-21 09:56 ]

Goto the website of ArturK
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-29 08:53   
I saw this amidst some talk of economic indicators and thought of you, Ship. Apparently your anecdotes about shipping volumes being down is very true:

Email Shigernafy
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2009-03-10 07:42   
well

been a while

recently i took 42000lbs of baby back ribs into the bronx, ny
to hunts point meat market,

this is a charming place used to terrify new truck drivers into quiting their new job, and going back to a factory,fast food, or a pizza hut..etc.

for those that care, u can google earth the location, and see where i went...or rather goto on a fairly regular basis

after the initial terror of being dispatched to this hell hole, reality sets in and i relize that i have to drive an 85 foot long vehicle that weighs 80000 lbs into new york, and into the bronx, and pay 25.00 in for the priviledge of entering hunts point co-op

more terror at this point

but then i get down to the mechanics of doing my job, its best to break it down into managable parts

first the major routing, that gets me to new jersey, at this point i stop at exit 4 in columbia NJ, at the Travel centers of america truck stop
here i put on extra fuel, because running out of fuel in new york city in a big truck really really really really sux, then i slide the trailer tandems ( the 2 trailer axles) all the way forward, as this enables the truck to make sharper turns ( they were further back in order to have legal axle weights for the trip here)

then in we go

i personally treat this like a weird and twisted Covert Op for a navy seal team,(accept i doubt navy seals poo on themselves)

Alpha 6
Team one
Go Go Go
turning coming up in 1...2...3 mark
turning Go Go GO
(insert cuss words here)

this goes on for about 2 hours, depending on traffic, much more cussing insues, and i get to blow the airhorn about 8 times ( by this time i have cussed out the "Midnite cowboy 7 separate times)

now i am at hunts point, where i dont get access to a bathroom untill morning, this by the way sux, as i came very near to soiling myself several times inroute to this point

i goto bed for a few hours, setting the alarm so i can check in with the customer when they open

few hours later i wake up...oh no
got to go

check my clock, YES YES YES the market resturant is open, and hence the bathroom, grabbing my jacket i run...not walk to building C and tear arse into the restroom

a pause for a moment to enjoy this place, there are 2 stalls, the first one i goto appears to be the toilet in the opening scene of "SAW" and i am honestly afraid for my life as i look into it.

the 2nd stall is falling down and large peices of it are leaning against the wall behind the toilet, so after sitting down, and getting poked in the butt by a sharp and rusty screw, (i moved this) i then try to close the door, sadly the piece of the stall that holds the door is behind me, and recently poked me in the butt, so as soon as i attempt to sit, i get spiked in the face by the stall door...

then comes the fun part, the seat is no longer attached to the toilet...

this is bad, but at least i know it is clean as i was able to carry it to the sink and wash it off

2.4 mins later

i am now perched on the toilet seat, having used the broken off handle of a plunger to hold the door in place, and hung my jacket to almost cover the 6 inch gap where part of the stall is missing, i pray for an end to this misery, but am comforted by the fact that it will soon be over

i look down...no toilet paper

now honestly..who didnt see that one coming?

is a desparate attempt to get out of this i reach over to get my jacket, hoping that maybe i had stuffed some napkins in a pocket recently

the jacket falls, and i am greated by a smiling middle age face that promptly and cheerfully tells me " That stall is broken, i can see you."

after thanking him , and waiting for him to leave i review my options

there are 7 napkins in my jacket pocket, i relize that with a lil conservation this will do the trick

i also relize that i got these napkins at a lil truck stop in kansas a long time ago, and that they are "happy fun time clown" napkins (dont ask me) and have a print of a clown smiling back at me

let me tell you, he wasnt smiling for long

in the last 24 hours, i drove a big truck 800 miles, drove it into hell, and set the parking brake, discovered that i am capable of things i never thought i was, met a new friend that "can see me" and wiped by arse with a clown

all this and i get to cross off number 37 on my bucket list

i love my truck

Ship-Of-Fools
San Antonio,Texas
Macro 04 LDED&ROLLING

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-03-10 09:19   
i almost died laughing at the toilet story:p

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-10 19:38   
Brilliant SoF, really it is

Email Sens [R33]
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-10 21:24   
Quote:

On 2009-03-10 07:42, Ship-Of-Fools wrote:

i also relize that i got these napkins at a lil truck stop in kansas a long time ago, and that they are "happy fun time clown" napkins (dont ask me) and have a print of a clown smiling back at me

let me tell you, he wasnt smiling for long

lmao makes me wanna be a truck driver now

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022051 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR