No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » remember me
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
 Author remember me
tclark09
Cadet

Posted: 2008-08-23 18:44   
Welcome back buddy!

Email tclark09
LobbyZombie
2nd Rear Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-08-24 11:08   
Hey SoF, how has your trucking been? I've been doing lots of trucking myself lol, like 7 drops with 2 trailers in a gigantic trafficjam going on for 4 hours = FUN! However it rained so phew.. Your lucky you can like sleep or trade trailers as i can't do it so feel lucky man! If you ever come to sweden, bring your truck. We can drag!

Old am i not but what are you?

Email LobbyZombie
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2008-09-03 23:06   
hi all, still trucking,
sitting in Ontario, california on I10 waiting for a load assignment

took a pic 4 u all

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf00182qh1.jpg

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-09-04 08:03   
Ghehehe, even enjoying your waiting with some lobbycamping. hope it won't get to boring.

But is it just the angle of the picture or is your cabin in need of a cleanup.
And what is that.. around and under the radio.. looks like dust.

Anycase, as always best of luck, and hope the lobbycamping wasn't to boring.

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2008-10-06 21:23   
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0032ji0.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0029ap9.jpg

traffic was really slow that day

t500
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-07 10:03   
COOL pics

Email t500
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2008-12-09 07:41   
its been a while, but i am bored, and i had to share a recent experince with the communtiy

recently(12/05/08) i was fueling my truck in Coachella California, at a TA truck stop, just across the interstate from a loves truck stop, on I10

Having fueled my truck, i was happy to see that the truck stop had a Taco Bell express, which for those that dont know is "The gift of the Gods"

so i ran in, and went to the bathroom, and then headed to the tacobell counter with mah monies in my hot lil hand, ready for some taco bell lovin

now i was gratified to notice in route that my new belt buckle, i very large ornate solid silver buckle about the size of my hand was gaining alot of attention from the people in the truck stop,

now this made meh happy as i was wearing the stetson that i have taken to wearing when its cold outside, and the buckle being a recent gift had made me very happy as i could not have afforded one on my own (was a present from mom and dad ,their belief, not unfounded that truckers are required by DOT to have huge belt buckles)

after ordering i noticed even more people looking at my belt buckle quickly, and snatching glaces and so forth, i just grinned inside at the attention this beautiful belt buckle was getting and went back out to my truck, hopped in and settled in for the trip into los angles California, and the delivery of my load

it was at this point that i relized that my fly was open

still Rollin,
love ya'll
Loveland ,Colorado
SOF

SHot on I40 Oklahoma, one day before the incident in this story at a rest area

[ This Message was edited by: Ship-Of-Fools on 2008-12-09 07:49 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-12-09 09:21   
lol

Email Borgie
kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-12-13 13:03   
Perhaps I should share some of my more amusing incidents involving my career in truckin'.

Lot-Lizard Mayhem, or the incident where a guy trying to find a truck driver to "fool around with" at the rest area in Alabama or maybe the time my fiance and some random motorist found it necessary to communicate for several miles using "hand gestures".

And lot's not forget random graduates of "truck driving schools". The Werner driver who found it prudent to enter a CAT scale from the wrong end while making a 90 degree turn onto the platform and dropping the entire CAT scale sign between his truck and trailer or the Stevens Transport student driver who managed to shutdown the Pilot on I40 by somehow managing to drop the entire 53' trailer into a drainage ditch, stranding myself and 40 or so other drivers for a few hours while tow trucks worked on the problem(oh well I needed the nap).

Ah memories.

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2008-12-13 19:42   
yeah those Stevens Transport drivers are really stupid

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-17 09:27   
haha this threads a good read

im a trucker as well at the moment. i do intercity deliveries to stores like superstore, western grocers etc. (canadian wallmarts)

this is a standard day for me:

arrive at disbatch, pretrip the tractor, bobtial bout 15 minuts to pickup the trailer. drive trailer to a store and dock it, into a loading dock that was designed by a sadistic turd of an engineer (always never enough room). then i sit while the trailer gets unloaded, anywhere from an hour to 4 hours. so i have a portable dvd player, play my guitar or catch some shuteye. once the trailers empty (or full of donnage) i haul it back to where i started and grab another one, rinse, repeat. usual days are from 8 to 12 hours, sometimes more. and i get paid hourly, so i kinda have a dream job... get paid to sleep!

i never cross any scales, dont have to pay for anything on the truck, and the most work i really actually do is coupling/uncoupling.

as ive been driving for a few years now ill share my lessons that you only learn once.

#1: you already know, trust a fart on the highway. *sigh*
#2: trust the reciever to have actually secured the trailer doors when he said he has *sigh*
#3: fail to notice a lack of chains in canada.
#4: give in to roadrage
#5: Underestimate the power of intentional jacknifes!

ill clarify #5:
i once trusted a disbatch on directions (#6), and ended up on a 2 lane residencial street (big nono) so i had to pull a u turn. 2 lanes in either direction, 53' and full tractor. and i did a 2 point u turn!! since then, psychotically built loading docks are much easier.

moar picks, nice truck and fun read!

Email Meko
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2008-12-18 17:04   
hi all
quick update, after the taco bell incident, i made delivery right outside of los angelos, and then picked up ....Toys, i swear to take to a walmart in Loveland Colorado, i enjoyed this trip a great deal, as i was only like 10000 endentured servant elves from being santa,

after del the toys in Loveland, i was deadheaded (empty trailer) to dodgecity kansas where i picked up 42ooolbs of beef, and took it to Scenectady New york, which is near albany i think, i was on time for that load, and was able to play around for a while, but then i got a load assignment to pickup 42500lbs of Phillidelphia Cream cheese in lowville new york.

suffice it to say, i was tempted to make a dash for the border with my precious cargo....sadly, this load when to california, so i passed it on to another driver in columbus Ohio. as i had to goto our company yard in dallas Texas, for 90 day dafty training, and 90 day compliance review, along with a medical recheck, as some of u know i am a type 2 diabetic, with high blood pressure, and the company monitors this closely to make sure i am taking my meds and sticking to the diet,

once i passed that cheesey goodness off to the other driver, i went down south to a small town called watsonville, or something, and picked up 38000lbs of totino's Pizzas, that i am taking to terrel Texas, and then i head with empty trailer to dallas, to get cleared for another 90 days on the road,

anyway, hollers later gots stuffs to do

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2008-12-21 21:01   
ok u all i am on the company yard, BORED out of my mind
heres the story i got onto the yard, and found out that i am on probabtion for 2 many log violations (3 in one year period) which sucked, i just have to keep my nose clean for a bit, besides the log violations are errors, not meh breaking the law, just my dumb butt making mistakes

anyway, i got 2 new steer tires, and 1 new drive tire and a oil change on my truck and APU, and a few other lil things fixed, but my theromostats still need to be replaced, so here i sit, and the people that do that wont be here till monday,

on the brighter side, my A1C is below 7 now, and i didnt have any trouble clearing medical

but i am BORED BORED BORED, and all anyone wants to watch in the driver lounge is sports, and someone stole the pool table!!!! wtf

anyway, i am going back to MV now cause i am ....bored, and there alot of AI ships to chase around

holler later y'all

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2008-12-27 05:13   
merry xmas, belated

well i am off the Yard, and my truck is super fixed, which is a good thing

as for loads, i took a load of Oreo cookies, down to laredo, tiny trip, only like 400 miles

from there, i picked up a load of broccolie, however u spelll it, that HAD TO BE IN COLUMBUS ohio at 1159PM on christmas day, so i had to run like hades thru xmas eve, and xmas day, to make ontime del

i think its funny, i like evil santa, busting my but to deliver veggies on xmas

i had a second drop of "lettece/salad, precut/vacuum packed" in dayton ohio, that day, and then got some sleep, only to have to go to logansport Indiana, later that evening to pick up 43600lbs of and i qoute "Split rectums"

yes, i said "split rectums"....in 11 lb comtainers....apparently rectums are shipped in 11 lbs container, cause it would be a darn shame to drop a package of rectums, and have lost more than 11 lbs of rectums

dont wanna keep all your rectums in one basket after all

well on that note, i will bid the well, and wish you and yours well for the holidays

Ship-Of-Fools
Effingham ,Illinois(rest area)

PS SANTA DRIVES A KENWORTH!!!!!

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2008-12-27 19:42   
Quote:

On 2008-02-17 22:13, Ship-Of-Fools wrote:
i have to check them constantly to make sure the temps on the reefer havnt changed
[ This Message was edited by: Ship-Of-Fools on 2008-02-17 22:19 ]

heh.... he said reefer you see im not insurance and i have a sence of humor.

Stay safe buddy.

Email Challenger
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021143 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR