No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Remove
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author Remove
DufasRufas
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 09:43   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 09:35, Diep Luc wrote:

Also, I want to notice that from now on, launching ship at SY can be a secret way to sabotage: killing all the res without making attention to the faction.

I would never stoop to doing this. Not only for my personal reasons, but I also believe it would be against the RoC.

Someone doing this might not be noticed by faction members right away, but it wouldn't take much to eventually notice and /report.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-07 10:06   
Most of the QQ comes from the players who never played earlier version of this game. I love the idea of spawn resource spends. Good job by devs. Keep it up!

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 10:22   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 08:05, Shigernafy wrote:
We can probably up the planet storage slightly and increase mine rates to reduce the wait between ships slightly. But we won't make it pointless, as the entire idea behind this change was to encourage small ship use, since the infrastructure needed to sustain frequent spawning of capital ships (dreads/stations) creates a weakness in a faction's planets. Its all trade offs.

It seems the entire idea behind this change was that it was the easiest way to force people to use smaller ships, even though people like me were saying the day it was proposed that it would create big problems and lots of player frustration.

I had once proposed a "ship class lockout" if you were destroyed in combat, meaning you had to wait a while (maybe 30 minutes) before spawning another ship of the same class - only applying to stations, dreads, cruisers and destroyers. If your station gets blown up, you have to fly a different ship class for a while before you can spawn another station. Each class has a separate timer, so if your station is destroyed and 10 minutes later your dread is, each countdown is separate. You can always fly the smaller ships.

Something like that does not create the frustration that the current system does, with stations using up an entire planet's worth of resources, not enough room to build mines because those planets are very easily bombed/capped, some people mining for their ships while others wait at ship select screen to steal those resources, and enemies camping gates and shipyards because now there's no way to stop them because ships use resources. Any faction now that loses a large battle can be so crippled it could be eliminated entirely from Sag.

There's a few of us who have been around a long time who knew exactly what this resource system would do, and you did it anyway.

Forcing players to use smaller ships in this way is not the answer. Forcing people to mine for resources that someone else might steal is bad and always has been. The engineering system does not adequately allow for mines on a properly-defended planet so relying on mines is asking for defeat.

In short: the game in it's current state does not support this resource system and players will continue to get frustrated. Not good.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-07 12:10   
It is not only forcing players to use smaller ships. Resource spawn rate is based so good that i will defend it whatever what. With this new(old) system back, we totaly can avoid :

Station spam.
Dreadspace.
SY abuse.
No more fast travel to strategic points.
Now transfer gates will work as they meant to be.
Planets become more important element of ds again.
More build diversity on planets.
No more throwing entire garage to enemy.
Avoiding tranny rush from the nearest SY.
etc etc..

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 12:33   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 10:22, MrSparkle wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 08:05, Shigernafy wrote:
We can probably up the planet storage slightly and increase mine rates to reduce the wait between ships slightly. But we won't make it pointless, as the entire idea behind this change was to encourage small ship use, since the infrastructure needed to sustain frequent spawning of capital ships (dreads/stations) creates a weakness in a faction's planets. Its all trade offs.

It seems the entire idea behind this change was that it was the easiest way to force people to use smaller ships, even though people like me were saying the day it was proposed that it would create big problems and lots of player frustration.

I had once proposed a "ship class lockout" if you were destroyed in combat, meaning you had to wait a while (maybe 30 minutes) before spawning another ship of the same class - only applying to stations, dreads, cruisers and destroyers. If your station gets blown up, you have to fly a different ship class for a while before you can spawn another station. Each class has a separate timer, so if your station is destroyed and 10 minutes later your dread is, each countdown is separate. You can always fly the smaller ships.

Something like that does not create the frustration that the current system does, with stations using up an entire planet's worth of resources, not enough room to build mines because those planets are very easily bombed/capped, some people mining for their ships while others wait at ship select screen to steal those resources, and enemies camping gates and shipyards because now there's no way to stop them because ships use resources. Any faction now that loses a large battle can be so crippled it could be eliminated entirely from Sag.

There's a few of us who have been around a long time who knew exactly what this resource system would do, and you did it anyway.

Forcing players to use smaller ships in this way is not the answer. Forcing people to mine for resources that someone else might steal is bad and always has been. The engineering system does not adequately allow for mines on a properly-defended planet so relying on mines is asking for defeat.

In short: the game in it's current state does not support this resource system and players will continue to get frustrated. Not good.

So just create seperate resource pools. You remember the old resource system right? Well just make easy to find resources (metals, heavy metals, etc.) combine to form the resources of ships up to cruisers, and make a seperate resource requirement (urdanium, hypermatter, etc.) for Dreads and Stations.

That way Dreads and Stations can waste their resources to infinity and people who fly smaller classes won't complain. Everyone wins.

As for people using their rank as an excuse of why they SHOULD fly Dreadnaughts and Stations, in .483 a person once got to GA in a week. Your rank means nothing.

-Ent

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 12:49   
I think it would have been better to massively increase the amount of res loss Dreadnoughts and Stations give. This way, flying bigger ships means constantly playing a high risk, high reward game.

Goto the website of Novacat
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 13:03   
Quote:
On 2010-07-07 12:10, Pakhos wrote:
Station spam.
Dreadspace.

Agree. No more station rush.
Now fri spam. Since there are only small ships so MF and HF no longer OP.
Quote:
SY abuse.

Agree. No more farming.
Quote:
Avoiding tranny rush from the nearest SY.
No more fast travel to strategic points.

Not completely agree.
HT can spawn from transfer gate. Most of system has one transfer gate. HT JD charges quickly.
Depends on the map and the location of transfer gate.
Quote:
Now transfer gates will work as they meant to be.

Questionable. Is transfer gate meant to be ultimate SY with limiteless res to launch ships AND a spot to camp? I bet KLuth makes use of this feature most cause they have a certain place to assault.
Quote:
Planets become more important element of ds again.
More build diversity on planets.

Agree.
More diversity in garrage too.
Quote:
No more throwing entire garage to enemy.

Agree.

Others:
  • Flexible ship usage from good observation. After the res drop from destroyed ship -> log in SY -> spawn new transport/extractor to collect -> transfer to planets.
  • Players will be smarter, keener (adj not noun), more careful.
  • Slower rank promotion, faster demotion. However, the encouragement to get rank promoted no longer as strong as it was when big ships are common used. Also less players online on DS.

There will be a big loss for players that have all stations and dreads in garrage. They will have to remove some to have place for cruiser and destroyer.

Version 1.535 makes a revolutionary difference in play style. In other way of speak, back to the old days of DS.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 13:49   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 12:49, Leopard wrote:
I think it would have been better to massively increase the amount of res loss Dreadnoughts and Stations give. This way, flying bigger ships means constantly playing a high risk, high reward game.

Tried that once, just kept people out of big ships altogether.

-Ent

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-07-07 14:57   
we'll looks like we have something else to adapt to.Now we need to get press for minning and transporting resources.

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-07-07 14:57   
we'll looks like we have something else to adapt to.Now we need to get press for minning and transporting resources.

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-07 15:04   
Personally, I'm toying with different mineral pools for each ship hull.

For example:

Scouts would use metals, which are abundant and come in copious amounts.
Dreads use Heavy Metals, which can be found on a few planets, but mined very slowly.
Stations would utilise Darkmatter, which is insanely rare, and very slow mine rate.

This way you would be forced to build up an infrastructure. In a new MV or system, the planet would have low resources, and so be difficult to spawn many large ships quickly. For already established systems, the resources would be there on each planet due to them already being mined, but would deplete quickly due to high cost and slow mine rate.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 16:32   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 15:04, BackSlash wrote:

For example:

Scouts would use metals, which are abundant and come in copious amounts.
Dreads use Heavy Metals, which can be found on a few planets, but mined very slowly.
Stations would utilise Darkmatter, which is insanely rare, and very slow mine rate.

This way you would be forced to build up an infrastructure. In a new MV or system, the planet would have low resources, and so be difficult to spawn many large ships quickly. For already established systems, the resources would be there on each planet due to them already being mined, but would deplete quickly due to high cost and slow mine rate.

This.

-Ent

LightBreaker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 16:58   
[/quote]

As for people using their rank as an excuse of why they SHOULD fly Dreadnaughts and Stations, in .483 a person once got to GA in a week. Your rank means nothing.

-Ent

[/quote]

I Like The New Resourses System But What You Are? You Think You Are Better Because It Take You More Time To Get Ranked Up? Is Not A Player Fault The Game Is More Easy or Watheber We Are Still Good Player And Our Rank Is Hard Gained Not Easy And Not In A Week. If You Feel Frustrated Go Cry In A Corner. And Rank Is A Excuse, If Someone Rank Up Is For Use Bigger Ships, If Is Not That Way The Rank Are Nothing. Why Rank Up? If You Can´t Use Bigger Ship? No Reason Even To Play If You Rank Up In A Game For Nothing, Then The Rank Need To Be Deleted And All Ship Avaible All The Time, Then We Cant Complain ^^.

PD: Sorry For My Bad English

Atte : LightBreaker A New Player. But With Honor And Respect For The Older Players.

Faster Than Light!

Email LightBreaker
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-07 17:27   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 06:20, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
This makes defending your turf vital. You NEED to defend your Terran worlds

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-07-07 06:21 ]

*cough* ICC dosend have a terren in sag

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 17:32   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 13:49, Enterprise wrote:
Tried that once, just kept people out of big ships altogether.

-Ent

Back then it was also possible to solo a Dreadnought with a Destroyer.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The question I am asking is why Darkspace Development seems to be going around in circles. This is how Darkspace used to be, then it was all scrapped, and now its all coming back?

I hardly do not mind that these changes are coming, in fact, I thought it was a massive mistake for Faustus to abandon the old 1.3 economic model, but why the sudden 180?
[ This Message was edited by: Leopard on 2010-07-07 17:37 ]

Goto the website of Novacat
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018797 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR