- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +5.0 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +11.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Remove
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author Remove
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-08 06:54   
with this changes Kluth will always win and i really dont like it. But im glad icc is out of sag coz they were the only ones who liked this thing with resources!

Email *Flash*
Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-07-08 07:14   
This game has gone down hill big time with this new res situation.

The fact is that people dont want to be flying around in small ships wheather we like it or not.
From day 1 of me playing this game my goal has been to gain enough pres to be able to pilot a station - the same as most other people. You always see the new guys saying that they cant wait to get a station.

I think part of the problem is that there are less new players joining while at the same time the players that have been playing for a while are gaining rank like theres no tomorrow resulting in alot of people able to fly a station and not enough new players flying the smaller ships. Some vets do vary their ships though but not enough.

This res thing is NOT the way to encourage more people to fly smaller ships, infact its a disgrace.

Try ADVERTISING the game a bit more to encourage more players to join thus resulting in a more varied player / ship base

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-08 07:58   
Quote:

On 2010-07-08 06:54, Flash{Invaded Craiova} wrote:
with this changes Kluth will always win and i really dont like it. But im glad icc is out of sag coz they were the only ones who liked this thing with resources!

I don't like the change.

But if this change stays. May as well go Kluth. Since they have it very good in this patch.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-08 08:00   
Everybody talks like sag server is only playable area of mv. A few weeks ago from the patch , icc wiped out ugto from the sag server right? What did ugto do? Spawn at gate, come from LAc with trannies and capped back their planets. I realy dont understand what is the big deal about it. And for god sake dont come with the idea of " I want to fly station no matter what".

Adapt or vanish.

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2010-07-08 08:10 ]

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-08 08:03   
i think ill vanish

Email *Flash*
redbandit87
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-07-08 08:19   
I thought the whole point of the game was to gain prestige so that you could get bigger and better ships. Now it is almost impossible. The other day the only place to spawn was at the gate but it was camped by a bunch of kluth. Havn't played since. Whats the point? I don't want to sit there mining all day just to have someone use up all the res immediately. Its boring anyway. Why can't it be res use for making a new ship? That actually makes sense.

P.S. I wouldn't mind greater pres loss for stns/dreads. At least I would be able to use one.
[ This Message was edited by: redbandit87 on 2010-07-08 08:28 ]

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-07-08 08:27   
If the idea is to reduce the number of stations and dreads , increase the pres loss for these 2 ships and / or include a spawn system whereby if you losse a station you cannot use another station for set time period and have to use a dread for that time , if you then loose the dread it only lets you spawn a cruiser etc.
Or introduce new models / tech level 2 dessies and cruisers for high ranking players to attract them from stations/dreads.
Or increase garage size so more ships of varying sizes can be stored (limit the amount of stations or dreads storable even).

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-07-08 08:35   
Quote:

On 2010-07-08 08:00, Pakhos wrote:
Everybody talks like sag server is only playable area of mv. A few weeks ago from the patch , icc wiped out ugto from the sag server right? What did ugto do? Spawn at gate, come from LAc with trannies and capped back their planets. I realy dont understand what is the big deal about it. And for god sake dont come with the idea of " I want to fly station no matter what".

Adapt or vanish.

I think i'll vanish too

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-07-08 09:16   
Quote:

Adapt or vanish.

Very constructive

Email Steveyk
Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-08 09:22   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 07:56, Enterprise wrote:
Hey guys check it out, you just got a reality check.

See, Darkspace I'm pretty sure was never intended to be played as:

- Spawn station

- Die

- Spawn again

- Die

- Repeat infinitely.

No. It wasn't. You're a complete, utter, something crazy wrong in your head to justify this. This game isn't supposed to be played like you're in Katamari Damanci and your station is just a giant ball sucking up resources as a phenominal rate.

So here's the deal. You can't infinitely spawn big ships. They cost alot of resources to keep churning out. Sure, you can take out one or two maybe, but keep dying and that resource pool is gone.

So here's a hint: Don't waste resources.

Secondly, cruisers and below cost such an infinitely small fraction of the cost of dreadnaughts and stations that you can get away with spawning alot of them. So check it out. You have two options:

1. Fly a Dreadnaught or Station, and don't die for long periods of time.

2. Get a cruiser.

Which since every retarded person above the rank of VA that has played for over a year seems to think, is just freaking blasphemy. The sense of entitlement to big ships is as sad as it is ridiculous. I really do hope those people quit, maybe the game won't suck with so much QQ that they can't spawn infinite station fleets.

Lastly, you might want to think about building something other than pure defense planets. I'm pretty sure the resource system will get a boost somewhere along the way, but you might want to start heading up it now.

You can decide to build entire mining planets for this purpose with a few defenses. Its not like it matters too much anyways - even full defense planets aren't hard to capture so I don't know why you'd QQ about a few less. This is just an argument to excuse your laziness.

See, thats what it is. Laziness. Thats what all this QQ is. You don't want your ship hard to get. You want it NOW. You are like a child who doesn't get his candy immediately or he will just HOLD HIS BREATH LIKE THIS UNTIL I PASS OUT QQ. Thats sad. You don't want to play the game any other way than YOUR way and everyone has to play by this way or its just not worth playing anymore.

Well reality called and said that this isn't the way anymore. Deal with it.

-Ent

*claps*

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-08 10:12   

Whats the best/worst case in this situation?

BEST CASE:

-People addept and accept.
-Gentlemen agrreements let the week faction have enough planets/space.
-Dreads and Stations are rare and are the reward to the best working faction.
-Flying Dreads is a thrill because loosing them hurts and they are primery targets.
-Conqeuring and Keeping a good planetary network will be the main goal
and turns out to be fun.
-Devs will adjust and tune untill everything is fine.
-Cruiser fights turn out to be an unexpected, fast paced fun.

WORST CASE:

-Game will be unballanced, the dominating faction will rule everything.
-An age of gate-camping will dawn.
-People will leave DS causing a chain reaction untill it is dead and hard to resurrect.
-Devs will commit suicide cause of endless QQ.
-Players SD their computer in a berserk rage after insulting each other.
-Planets become so important, its all about capturing them.
-Newbies accidently spoil the game, spawning, dieing, spawning.
-Sol goes Super Nova.

Admiral Poltergeist
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-08 10:27   
Anyone notice that most of the people praising this patch are the K'luth?

Admiral Poltergeist
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-08 10:30   
Quote:

On 2010-07-08 08:35, *Abbot* wrote:
Quote:

Adapt or vanish.

I think i'll vanish too.

Ill vanish too.

Red Wolf
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-08 10:33   
I guess its time to take another break from DS Only got back to playing a week before this happened. I like the idea of the res but it takes far too much and mining takes far too long.
[ This Message was edited by: Red Wolf on 2010-07-08 10:35 ]

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-08 10:38   
Quote:

On 2010-07-08 10:27, *Arelis* wrote:
Anyone notice that most of the people praising this patch are the K'luth?

we arent praising the patch but unlike some people. we know that our enemy has the same weakness as we do(regarding the planet res). Instead of complain about it we use it to our advantage.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026312 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR