- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +4.1 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +10.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Remove
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author Remove
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 17:36   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 15:04, BackSlash wrote:
Personally, I'm toying with different mineral pools for each ship hull.

Wouldn't you just spawn from the gate to avoid that trouble altogether?

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-07-07 17:44   
Quote:

That's exactly why I'm wondering what all the griping is about... just spawn your docked ship from a transfer gate, no resources needed...

Goto the website of Faustus
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-07 17:54   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 17:36, Bardiche wrote:

Yes, but transfer gates near a battle are usually camped by one faction or another. I guess with the resource system it'll mostly prevent people from scrapping a newly destroyed ship and spawning a new one to shove back through the gate at least.

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-07 18:03   
I see that as balanced. Relative safety of a SY, pay. Anything goes of a transfer gate, free.

Email Antra
Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 20:00   
since this has came out we ICC on sag have been dessimated.
im not entirely sure why that is (mostly because im still new and learning),but all our strong units (admirals+ ) have lost any will to fight and cap a planet.
they say its pointless.
this is soo god damn annoying, running around, playing hide and seek.
i can barely keep my prestige as it is. and due to the fact we have no planets (because no one bothers) everyone else just logs!

again im new and may be shooting blanks here, but this has effectively killed us.
i cant take a planet by myself.
the only thing i CAN do is mine a random (pirate) planet and build platforms for who ever decides to log in and help =\

i would love to fight but the majority of K'luth are in dreads+
and ugglies i havent seen much of.
there are no standing engagements anymore, no tactics, no hunting the smaller ships, no big shoot outs.

just minor hit and runs because its just not worth having a planet... for the higher ups.

We are the Falix Brothers...

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 20:25   
maybe off point but i will get there in a bit.
we have tried to take planets but a few mins later a bunch of enemy trannies show up to take it back. So not much we can do at all.

ok back on topic. I like the idea of the sepeate resources for each ships cause them ICC might have a chance in sag since we get nothing but barrens anyway.

Email *FTL*Soulless
Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 20:36   
Sorry Dev dudes but shouldnt this have also been done after u redid the new ship layouts (still on dessie last I recall) as well as the new planet system ur kinking out atm. I understand as faustus said that u can whip ur already garaged ships at a transfer gate, but setting up a spawn kill point too wait ur next prey is plum terrible.

I liked the old system and am glad you were so excited too put it back in.....but maybe just a little premature. You want too force players back into smaller ships!!! How about makeing them more appealing than instead of haveing no choice, yes u are working on it and im in no rush but as stated above, maybe just a little too soon with the new rez. but hell give it a week or two players may get er figured out.............or leave.

Demon Strike
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 21:18   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 10:06, Pakhos wrote:
Most of the QQ comes from the players who never played earlier version of this game. I love the idea of spawn resource spends. Good job by devs. Keep it up!

I remember when the first thing you put on a planet was your hub, dome, farm, starport, mines, then barracks. Then you could start your tech.

Email Demon Strike
Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-07-07 21:40   
Just because a planet is barely capable of spawning a certain ship class doesn't mean it should be USED for spawning that ship.

The controls for what can be spawned are already in place, if a player wants to make use of them.

If you do not want players spawning cruisers or dreadnoughts from the shipyard due to resource shortages, make sure the technology level is kept low enough to prevent it. You could either build the tech structures and keep them switched off, or not build those tech structures at all.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-07 21:57   
Mantle Extractor needs 70 tech to build and to keep running, Cruisers need 75 tech to spawn.....most people won't think of or won't take the time to build tech up to 85 to upgrade research to Cortex and have 3 of them for exactly 70 tech, most will go with Subspace which will leave you at 75 tech. In that case if you shut down tech to keep people from spawning anything larger than a Destroyer you kill your mining capacity too.

Not that the Mantle Extractor has much advantage over a Deep Core Mine, 12 mining compared to 9.....but then again, with such low amounts you can't really afford to use anything less than the best you can build. If the Mantle Extractor had no tech requirement to run after the initial build, or even a lower amount like 50, it would work fine. That or if the mining output of each type of mine was raised significantly, even just doubled from 5/9/12 to 10/18/24 it would be fine.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 23:06   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 12:33, Enterprise wrote:
So just create seperate resource pools. You remember the old resource system right? Well just make easy to find resources (metals, heavy metals, etc.) combine to form the resources of ships up to cruisers, and make a seperate resource requirement (urdanium, hypermatter, etc.) for Dreads and Stations.

That way Dreads and Stations can waste their resources to infinity and people who fly smaller classes won't complain. Everyone wins.

As for people using their rank as an excuse of why they SHOULD fly Dreadnaughts and Stations, in .483 a person once got to GA in a week. Your rank means nothing.

-Ent

Yeah Backslash's idea is interesting. I don't know how mining or starports would work though since it's not the old resource system. I need to know more about it, like how the resources would be distributed among planets. I don't even know if the current planets have the old resources anymore.

I do like the idea that resources used on a station would not affect spawning dreads or below.

The resource system should be overhauled IMO. There's so much potential for strategy and gameplay focus in it, even more than the old system had. I'm not opposed to a complicated resource system where planets other than shipyard planets have real importance.

I vote for at least bringing back the old engineering resource requirements! Make interdictors require hypermatter again, shields darkmatter etc. Those were fun days, and that was part of it. This new resource system is "meh". It's so uncomplicated it's boring.

One thought off the top of my head: Maybe factories could be used to to turn one resource type into another, like every 2 metals could become 1 heavy metal, 2 heavy metals could become 1 cryo, etc. etc. up to darkmatter and hypermatter. You choose which one it works on like you choose infantry in a barracks, and starports could automatically keep it supplied and keep shipping off the new resource to the shipyard planet. You get the idea.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-08 03:22   
Allow me to repeat what I and some players have said.
  • Strictly reduct numbers of ship to minimum = Killing the game
    Excuse me, is DS MMO game? Massively Multiplayers = SPAM. Whatever ships are used, the basic and original tactic for such genre game is outnumber. If you want to prevent stations or dreads cause you think they're OP, then when cruisers is the highest class ships appear in game, it's just as OP as station but smaller. Imagine in the old patch, 7 UGTO stations spam and ICC dreads QQ, now in this patch 7 ICC cruisers spam and UGTO frigates QQ. Again the circle repeats: nerf the res so that players won't be able to get cruisers. Is the nature of the outnumber and outgun changed actually?

Remember that even cruiser and des can also eat up the res on a terran in mediocre time. How pathetic ICC is for having no terran to think about cruisers! Btw, if there is a noob that keep spawning des on SY planet, what shall I do now? FF and yell until that one leaves the server? For who think res can be easily dealt and suport the idea, then be responsible for res for all SY by mining (all time); use HT to collect all res drop by destroyed ships; be the last one to get big ship; be the first one to recap the planet was bomb cause only mantle and factory on it. Happily agree? If don't and can't and won't do it, then don't suport the idea.

Obviously wrong idea to think DS is ruined because of dreads and stations. There is no more joyful tactic for ICC players than to spam UGTO dreads and stations with MD or MF. K'Luth loves to 3-to-1 with dreads, plus scarab. I've never seen Sagi' population is perfect without any dread and/or station in it. Now, in scen population is medium even 300+ players online. DS is completely free so that more players will play, but how can the registered users rise when the game harder even to experienced users? Why do the devs excited to develope the game in the way that less players play? The virutal registered users may rise, yet the actual players drops down.

Since the planets can be and only be capped with infs, so people doesn't want to bomb anymore, just tranny rush. Yep clavate can be spawn at gate, but I don't know why the fear of res loss has been being a nightmare that I'm trying not to spawn any ship rather than fri. Command dread should be deleted from game cause nobody uses it. In general, this feature limits the options to choose ships.

If the devs don't want station spams, bring back the credits pay for stations and dread will fix the issue cause half of players can't pay. And palestar invest more money.
  • Spawn ships at gate = BAD
    There are players say that in this patch, the role of planets (especially the extra on they) will be essential than ever. But, think deeply about it. Are you going to spawn ships at gate, jump several times to the destined planet? Hello, the gates are no longer SY. And when you're destroyed, where are the place to get repped? Log in home server? Oh, how about home server is capped? Haven't concerned with the fact you have no chance to rep your ships cause spawn at gate and seen 3 dreads alpha and boom. Bye bye.

For now, gate camping heighten than ever. I don't need to move anywhere, just 1 dico and some stations dreads waiting at gate certainly accomplish the job. Extra comfortable, no need to be anxious about planets def base!

Lemme paraphrase the disadvantages with a simple illustration. You bought a $100,000 car, decorate with diamonds and cover with bullet-proof steel, keep it in your garrage in downtown. Every time you want to run it, you have to pay $25,000. If you don't want to pay, you have to go to countryside and run it back to the downtown. In emergency case, you need to get it in downtown. Oh no, you're out of cast so you have to get it in countryside, run at least 3 minutes and hope that the event doesn't change meanwhile. When you can get it to location in time for car race, but your opponent can only get different type of car so the race is cancelled. You have 2 hours/day to race car, however you can only race 2 mins/week. Before and after every 2 mins car race, you must prepare the race-track by cleaning, painting lane mark, bristle flag up, it took 20 mins but NO salary paid. Now, you're searching for your conscience that should you buy the car and spend diamonds and steel on it, those cost you lot of effort and time. So despair, disappointed, disheartening, dead-alive.
[ This Message was edited by: Diep Luc on 2010-07-08 03:25 ]

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-08 05:25   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 17:44, Faustus wrote:
Quote:

That's exactly why I'm wondering what all the griping is about... just spawn your docked ship from a transfer gate, no resources needed...

did it just 2 minutes ago... lost all of my excanged gadgets (13.000 res) on my hive because it had spawned as a "new one"
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2010-07-08 05:27 ]

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-08 06:02   
Post that in the bug forum, that's huge.

Email Antra
Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-07-08 06:17   
Ok day 2 we still cant get palnets to maintain res to support any spawing without a huge wait for the res to rebuild. The planet that were set up as pres farms were so weak they got capped in no time. so lets use gates i soawn at lac gate before im in control of my station im set upon but 2 kluth stations and a dread or two didnt lst long i can tell you. so after a long battle over planets ugto is out of cin so the only place we can spanw to be near our own planets is the ursa minor gate i wonder where i will find the kluth now.

Email Steveyk
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030223 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR