Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Stop The Flux.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
 Author Stop The Flux.
Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-24 12:38   
to all those who replied to my last post.

you ignored my point, and you focused on the last line which was a joke.

Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-24 16:11   
I like to drop flux onto the occasional 'dictor and use it defensively. That's about it. n.n

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-24 18:31   
Quote:

On 2005-06-24 16:11, Tikki (Viking Kitten) wrote:
I like to drop flux onto the occasional 'dictor and use it defensively. That's about it. n.n

"the great thing about being a rational being, is that you can rationalize anything"-paraphrased from Benjamin Franklin

trying to explain your fluxing is like trying to explain why you burned and pillaged an enemy town during a war. there's no way you can say it without coming off as a war criminal. even if it's commonplace, and even if you spared non combatants, you still get labeled a babykiller.

just flux, justification is for those who doubt themselves. i'm tired of all this "it's only used defensively, and then only one, and then only under extreme cercumstances, and even then blah bllah blah blah smeg."

you flux, okay, you're a bloody fluxer even if you only use one, even if you only doi it in certain cercumstances, even if you have a reason for doing it beyond it's intended purpose. it's a tool, it's meant to be used. alright? just shut up and use the bloody thing, and forget about anyone who insults you over it.

of course it doesn't require "mad skillzorz" to push the bloody V key. but tell me, does it require "mad skillzorz" to drop a laser guided bomb? or turn a couple keys to launch an ICBM? or how about spraying flaming gasoline into a bunker? no it doesn't. but it bloddy works, doesn't it?

who cared if it's a cheap tactic --and don't kid yourself, it is a tacitc. the best tactics are the least complicated, like flanking, or attacing one ponit to draw enemy forces away from where you don't want them.-- it bloody works. that's all that matters in a fight. not skill, not the size of your phallic ship, but the effectiveness of your offensive and defensive systems.

Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-24 20:47   
Your point to all this? I can count the number of times I've used flux on one hand. I have no qualms with tactical use of the device (and it does have definate uses). While I dislike flux boats (multiple devices), I don't complain about them. Instead, I target them. Stay over 250 away and pick them apart.

I'm not making any attempts at justifying anything. I'm simply stating what I do. I'll happily pick you apart with cannons and torps to make the point, too.

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-24 22:34   
Doesnt work if they jump you and hit V.

Doesnt take much to "Click, J and V".

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-25 11:30   
Quote:

On 2005-06-24 22:34, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Doesnt work if they jump you and hit V.

Doesnt take much to "Click, J and V".

Quote:
of course it doesn't require "mad skillzorz" to push the bloody V key. but tell me, does it require "mad skillzorz" to drop a laser guided bomb? or turn a couple keys to launch an ICBM? or how about spraying flaming gasoline into a bunker? no it doesn't. but it bloddy works, doesn't it?

you're going around in circles here. is there any other relevant argument beyond "it dosn't take skillsorz lollerpop," or "it'snot intended to be used more than one to a ship?"

honestly, Backslash, i thought you were more intelligent than that.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-25 12:04   
If you think it takes skill to flux, then I need to drop you a few levels in my intelligence book then...

Look, if you want to insult me for what is pain stakingly obvious, as stated by a lot of vets, then go head. But it takes no skill, whatsoever to jump and flux, it takes skill to det your torps at the right distance with lag, it takes skill to wait untill the enemy is within range and tracking them to unleash your CL2k's, it takes skill to then unleash the EMP whilst the rear armour/shielding is down, it then takes skill to rotate your weapons so you have enough energy to keep doing this yet are doing massive damage to the ship..

Takes no skill to jump...hit V...and laugh as they run away....

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-25 16:10   
Wow this thread turned into a thick Bible.

First few chapters were on the evil Fluxors. Thou shall not Flux.

Then a couple chapters on the benifits of giving lots of P torps over AM torps. Tis better to give than to recieve.

With the new version comming out soon I see no point in adding anything to this, even though I had comments.

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-25 23:19   
Quote:

On 2005-06-25 12:04, BackSlash wrote:
If you think it takes skill to flux, then I need to drop you a few levels in my intelligence book then...

Look, if you want to insult me for what is pain stakingly obvious, as stated by a lot of vets, then go head. But it takes no skill, whatsoever to jump and flux, it takes skill to det your torps at the right distance with lag, it takes skill to wait untill the enemy is within range and tracking them to unleash your CL2k's, it takes skill to then unleash the EMP whilst the rear armour/shielding is down, it then takes skill to rotate your weapons so you have enough energy to keep doing this yet are doing massive damage to the ship..

Takes no skill to jump...hit V...and laugh as they run away....

jack, at what point did i state "it takes skill to flux?"

nowhere. i even said the exact opposite. several bloody times. here's another, just for reference;
Quote:

as the question marks indicate, i'm asking you a bloody question.

you're ignoring everything i'm saying and focusing on one little detail that we both bloody agree on. you basically have absolutely no argument beyond that of skill, do you?

i'm not attacking you, i'm attacking your flawed logic, that it somehow requires skill to win. history has proven that it doesn't. all you need, are a handful of dirty tricks. vicory doesn't favor the elite, nor does it favor the arogent. it favors those who can hit their enemies harder than their enemies can hit them.

[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Savage on 2005-06-25 23:20 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Page created in 0.021564 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR