- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +1.8 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +8.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Stop The Flux.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Stop The Flux.
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-19 17:18   
Nothing against you Backie... you know I agree with you on mostly everything but ... "if you give a mouse a cookie, he will want a glass of milk"...

Basically if you mount one flux one one faction only that faction could have 8 ships in an area.. that's 8 fluxes too many imo.... unless flux where fixed so that it would only damage internal systems IF either shields or armour was destroyed between the target and the flux user.

This is my humble opinion,

Rocko

"Giving Better Idea's to make a Better DarkSpace."

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-19 17:32   
Rocko has a point... don't play beta much either anymore, has flux been changed to be ineffective vs ALL armor/shields ?

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-19 17:47   
Quote:

On 2005-06-15 14:43, Bobamelius wrote:

We know it's a problem, and we intend to correct it.

The best solution would have been to add in Anti-Flux countermeasures, when they were suggested 3 years ago. That way people would have had a way to fight "Fluxxors", and have had the opportunity to use an "Anti-Flux" special device.

At this point in the Game, I personally have adapted my playing style to work with Flux or Arround Fluxxors. Getting Fluxed is like getting kicked in the mommy daddy button. But it happens.. its good to wear a Cup

-Charz

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-19 21:52   
let's just all be bloody honest here. everyone fluxes, anyone who says they have never fluxed, ie probobly either new, or a liar. yeah, i know "but i only use one, and then only in extreme cercumstances." but you know what? every time i get into a big fight where i'm winning, the enemy ship, regardless of faction, will flux me. i don't care if i get fluxed. you know why? because it's a weapon. weapons have one purpose, and one purpose only; to kill, maim, and/or destroy your enemy's ability to fight. it may be a "dirty" tactic to use a bunch of them at once, but that's how weapons are used.

anyway, back to ICC fluxing. take a good look at what we have righgt now. bearly three systems. bearly five players online at any given time, some of the weakest weapons in the game, and very weak capital ships. our best ships are the Heavy and assault cruisers, and we routinely have to face your Elite assault dreads in them. we're outnumbered, outgunned, outsized, and are just bearly hangin on by a bloody thread. there are only two things that can give us a serious edge to hold out own in this kind of fight; team work(which is rare), and the flux boats. we cannot hope to win in a conventional fight, so we have to fight dirty. and once the flux boats are taken away, our victories will be far less. you're all pissed off because we flux, well let's make a deal; stop fielding giant fleets of EADs, stop using our torpedoes, and stop using fighters altogether, and we'll stop usinf the flux boats.

everyone fluxes, you're just mad because we can do it better than you.

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-19 22:43   
I have never fluxed since my return to DS.

I have fluxed before, but that was another time and was a before your time young captain_savage.

Noone fluxs better than anyone else that uses it. How could anyone be better? Is there a variable skill level associated with hitting the V key? No.

Anyways since my return, the game in essence has changed from when I played it last. So no I have never fluxed, never have, never will. I will continue to demostrate how old school pilots can use their skills to destroy their opponents without having to hobble around the galaxy using a crutch.

It's good beta is fixing it.

[ This Message was edited by: Maskerade on 2005-06-19 22:45 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-19 23:11   
Hes right, like 5 months ago I got drunk on two seperate occasions & modded flux MDs, went in, fluxed, alphaed, self Ded both times & then went to sleep it off.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-20 00:11   
Im with mask..

I've never fluxed...and I wont untill 1.483 fixes the problem. I dont believe in cheapening the kill. If I get the kill, I want it to be a real kill, not some half assed pansie kill.

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-20 01:56   
Complaining about flux is an even bigger sport than fluxing...

And I would repeat I rarely, ever, get fluxed. How do you guys get fluxed so much? Maybe the fluxers recognise eachother and always flux, in ongoing revenge and payback for the last time they saw eachother. Meanwhile the non-fluxers never or rarely get fluxed, being outside the revenge circle.

Hey, it's just a theory

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-06-20 06:34   
I admit I DO Flux, but only when i get fluxed my self, I try and go after those that fluxed me in my flux ead

Quote:

On 2005-06-19 21:52, Captain_Savage wrote:
let's just all be bloody honest here. everyone fluxes, anyone who says they have never fluxed, ie probobly either new, or a liar. yeah, i know "but i only use one, and then only in extreme cercumstances." but you know what? every time i get into a big fight where i'm winning, the enemy ship, regardless of faction, will flux me. i don't care if i get fluxed. you know why? because it's a weapon. weapons have one purpose, and one purpose only; to kill, maim, and/or destroy your enemy's ability to fight. it may be a "dirty" tactic to use a bunch of them at once, but that's how weapons are used.

anyway, back to ICC fluxing. take a good look at what we have righgt now. bearly three systems. bearly five players online at any given time, some of the weakest weapons in the game, and very weak capital ships. our best ships are the Heavy and assault cruisers, and we routinely have to face your Elite assault dreads in them. we're outnumbered, outgunned, outsized, and are just bearly hangin on by a bloody thread. there are only two things that can give us a serious edge to hold out own in this kind of fight; team work(which is rare), and the flux boats. we cannot hope to win in a conventional fight, so we have to fight dirty. and once the flux boats are taken away, our victories will be far less. you're all pissed off because we flux, well let's make a deal; stop fielding giant fleets of EADs, stop using our torpedoes, and stop using fighters altogether, and we'll stop usinf the flux boats.

Thats not true, icc outnumber ugto during the night (gmt) by 3 to 1 or more (they have the past week anyway).

Also keep in mind we have to fight off kluth as well while trying to hold icc space. Which gets really annoying sometimes if someone brings out a Flux MD (saw 4 the other day at one time)

Most pilots use proton and AM torps rather than fusion btw, as Fusions are crap

[ This Message was edited by: Nim on 2005-06-20 06:37 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-20 07:25   
Quote:

On 2005-06-20 06:34, Nim wrote:

Most pilots use proton and AM torps rather than fusion btw, as Fusions are crap

Psh, Ftorps for the win. Most damage over time.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-20 09:49   
not to mention the range, ammo count, and (lesser) energy drain

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-06-20 11:22   
Quote:

Psh, Ftorps for the win. Most damage over time.

P torps does more damage per sec which imo is better

Also Fusion has little splash damage compared to P or AM.

[ This Message was edited by: Nim on 2005-06-20 11:24 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-20 16:17   
F torps do the most damge over time.
They have the best tracking
They have the most ammo
They have the least energy drain

No other torp has 4 pro's.

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-20 16:35   
Quote:

On 2005-06-19 21:52, Captain_Savage wrote:

he must have a giant V button on his keyboard, flux requires no skill, flux requires a jump followed by pressing a button.

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-20 20:21   
Actually, jack I tested this about a month ago. AM are best damge over time, followed by P torp and then fusion. Fusion also seem to have significantly smaller damage radius. Radius is extremely important as unless you're in ideal position and fighting a dread, you're going to be doing a lot of detting.

Fusion's slightly faster fire rate (off the top of my head it's something like 3s as opposed to 3.5s, not sure though) doesn't nearly make up for lower damage.

Of course, I'd add a disclaimer to this: It's entirely possible my test was flawed and I'm completely wrong. However I stick by it, unless someone goes and quotes the actual values

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.035002 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR