Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.702] Release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author [1.702] Release Feedback
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-29 23:28   
My opinion on the entire AI situation - either remove them entirely or remove them until they're half-way decent.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-01 09:34   
Old bug came back.

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-04 21:34   
please do not disregard this as whining as it is not and is result of hours of me testing and trying specific experiments. First of all i want to be clear i have a significant char in each faction i DO NOT think icc needs any massive overhaul, nor does kluth or ugto need any kind of nerf. That said, there are some major prrblems preventing icc from being able to equally compete agianst the other factions in combat. Ok weapons first, something is not right with the valence cannon, It should be doing more damage per sec than the others but it does not as i will provide an easy test to see for urselves, use a light cruiser equip with all valence, attack a friendly plat with broadside 6 gun fire, u will do 0 damage, will go from 99 bak to 100 never any lower, the other cannons tht do less dps are able to damage the plat, now i know wat u r thinking, falloff right? no, test is performed at 90 gu. why am i getting these results? ok armor/shields, new shields are great and work correctly, the problem lies in that almost every icc ship has minimal shielding only, x4, agaisnt a real enemy they r down in seconds and our armor is quite pathetic, ie a shell destroyer {kluth} can use chitin n hav approx 90k hp per armor unit, an icc cruisers armor is approx 100k? tht makes no sense. i am not suggesting icc armor needs a buff, just need more shields much less armor to work correctly. border cruiser/strike cruisers armor layout is perfect, those ships survive because their shields function as they were meant to. next. WHy are our ions so underused? 2 ships have them is all. i do not understand this. Our dred selection lacks variety, almost all the dreds meant for combat r 10 12 or 14 railguns and {som 2nd weapon sys} why do they all hav to hav tht base? why no beam ion ship? beam mines, mines and anything else, just variety instead of combat dred with less armor and 2nd weapon system. I didnt think i would have to be the one to speak up but nobdy else is trying to seriously make these things heard. I hope someone importent actually reads this and looks into at least 1 one the things i have brought to ur attention, thanks,

Jason

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-12-04 21:37   
the new icc cannons are much weaker but have a bonus damage vrs ugto's ablative armor

Email Borgie
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-12-04 23:47   
dont forget, that an ICC platform being fired upon by an ICC ship will continue to enjoy OOC benefits.
and by that, i mean a kewl 4x shield regeneration rate for shields. not to forget that they are platform shields, which have a high durability as well.
jason, you should repeat the experiment with valence cannons on the ICC extractor ships, which i believe have no shields at all. you would probably see the real power of valence cannons.

kluth chitin armor causes signature to go up, unlike the composite armor of ICC. that could be a disadvantage for having higher than normal HP for kluth.

i agree that there should be some more ships carrying ion cannons. same with UGTO positron cannons, which are loaded on only 2 ships (battle and bastion dreads).
[ This Message was edited by: Forger of Destiny on 2013-12-04 23:53 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-05 07:06   
Even the killboard says that KluthSpace is still DreadSpace.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-05 07:34   
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 07:06, Azreal wrote:
Even the killboard says that KluthSpace is still DreadSpace.

Some of us cling to old ways.

Maybe if some one didn't remove interdictor ships from the game. Maybe I wouldn't need said dread to kill as fast as possible before enemy can use their jump drive.

Also I don't like the new mines. They're not being used as mines. Rather slower missiles that you cannot avoid unless you (cloak if you're k'luth) hide with sheath or jump far enough away that they stop tracking.

Absolutely love the new meta verse map lay out how ever.

[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2013-12-05 07:37 ]

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-12-05 09:44   
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 07:34, Azure Prower wrote:

Some of us cling to old ways.

Maybe if some one didn't remove interdictor ships from the game. Maybe I wouldn't need said dread to kill as fast as possible before enemy can use their jump drive.

We have Plans™ for interdictor fields.

Quote:

Also I don't like the new mines. They're not being used as mines. Rather slower missiles that you cannot avoid unless you (cloak if you're k'luth) hide with sheath or jump far enough away that they stop tracking.

Well, they weren't getting used at all in their previous incarnation. And I note that you can still use them as mines: drop them without a target and they'll wait until they detect an enemy, then start tracking it.

Email Jim Starluck
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-12-05 13:05   
i love the way they are now, can you say cloud mine attacks!

Email Borgie
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-05 16:02   
Hydra is quite massive, and thus somehow discourage me to play to be honest.
There are 12 sectors, results in 36+ constellations. Those are lots of places to play but usually players gathering in one or two hot spots to fight which killboard usually sums up.
I login, find myself lonely. Then I see green chat of someone at somewhere I don't know. It's a little amusing that you can hear your allies but you don't see them until you check the constellation. I know I'm submissive that I don't bother asking where they are. I'm not eager as I was when the map had been smaller.

It's like living in a huge castle among very few human beings.

Frankly, 12 constellations are more than enough for the game population & activities.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-05 20:22   
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 09:44, Jim Starluck wrote:

Cool!

Quote:
Well, they weren't getting used at all in their previous incarnation. And I note that you can still use them as mines: drop them without a target and they'll wait until they detect an enemy, then start tracking it.

True. But them tracking an enemy ship from over 600gu is a bit excessive. 200gu should be the point they track. Adding that the only counter is (as mentioned before) to cloak/stealth or jump away. PDing the mines just explodes them in your face. For the amount of damage they do with no draw back. I'm trying to find a downside of using a ship with mines in combat situations.

[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2013-12-05 20:28 ]

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-05 21:33   
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 16:02, DiepLuc wrote:
Hydra is quite massive, and thus somehow discourage me to play to be honest.
There are 12 sectors, results in 36+ constellations. Those are lots of places to play but usually players gathering in one or two hot spots to fight which killboard usually sums up.
I login, find myself lonely. Then I see green chat of someone at somewhere I don't know. It's a little amusing that you can hear your allies but you don't see them until you check the constellation. I know I'm submissive that I don't bother asking where they are. I'm not eager as I was when the map had been smaller.

It's like living in a huge castle among very few human beings.

Frankly, 12 constellations are more than enough for the game population & activities.

Here's what I do: Click on every star thats on a separate server (past brown gate) in F2 until enemies or allies appear in the contact list on the bottom, and then select them in the list and press space. Voila now you know where everyone is.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-12-05 23:15   
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 20:22, Azure Prower wrote:
Quote:

Cool!

Quote:

True. But them tracking an enemy ship from over 600gu is a bit excessive. 200gu should be the point they track. Adding that the only counter is (as mentioned before) to cloak/stealth or jump away. PDing the mines just explodes them in your face. For the amount of damage they do with no draw back. I'm trying to find a downside of using a ship with mines in combat situations.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2013-12-05 23:32 ]

Just wondering. I've always wondered if mines should basically just explode on contact with any ship, friend or foe. This would then discourage indiscriminate spamming mines for fear of team-killing and the resultant personal prestige loss from that.

And yes, perhaps the tracking range should be cut down a little. I know I don't release mines THAT far from an enemy, as I prefer them to have an almost immediate effect.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-12-06 01:53   
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 23:15, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Just wondering. I've always wondered if mines should basically just explode on contact with any ship, friend or foe. This would then discourage indiscriminate spamming mines for fear of team-killing and the resultant personal prestige loss from that.

And yes, perhaps the tracking range should be cut down a little. I know I don't release mines THAT far from an enemy, as I prefer them to have an almost immediate effect.

Perhaps team damage and splash radius should be indicated a bit more clearly.

So many times players will launch mines and torpedoes straight into a knife fight that will greatly damage both allies and enemies.

This is especially a problem with K'Luth since they have both the strongest weapons and the weakest armor, I've often seen ravagers get killed or forced out of battle due to the poorly timed torp shots and mine deployment of its allies.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-12-06 19:46   
i've killed my self a few times with self damage, no ones fualt but my own.

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024173 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR