Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.702] Release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author [1.702] Release Feedback
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-24 20:27   
Well Ent, on it's own what you say is perfectly true, but I rarely see it used as a primary weapon, it's normally used in quick sucession with other hard hitting weapons.

Not only that, but when players jump in as a group, 3 UGTO cruisers could more than likely obliterate a destroyer or smaller just by jumping in and pressing V.
They don't even have to target anything.

Don't forget that flux hits multiple targets, so you can inflict some serious pain in a close quarters fight involving a lot of players.

Meanwhile... ICC with their 90 second long pulse shield with a chance to stop roughly half the missiles of ONE salvo of missiles... laughable.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2013-11-24 20:31 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-24 20:48   
on that token the mess of current luth cloak,

Email Borgie
Mefeng
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2013-11-25 01:00   
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 19:40, Ent wrote:

It also has 300gu range, and a 90 second cooldown. Hardly a spammable iWin button.

Isn't it a 60 second cooldown?

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-11-25 04:02   
even if its not spammable, it is still an AoE glass cannon for small ships.
like mines, it's damage is great vs all
unlike mines, it can hurt everything within its range
like pulse shield, it is difficult to spam
unlike pulse shield, it doesnt do x% damage to ships

i'd recommend bringing back the falloff for flux wave, and converting a lot of its raw damage towards EMP. i'd rather use flux wave as a disabling weapon, not a heavy hitter.

or, the damage could be tied to ship size, say, 10000*ship radius or 1000*(radius^2).

flux wave cannot stay in its current form.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-25 04:16   
It is very important that there is no knee-jerk hyper-nerfing here.

Toning down the damage by 1-2 levels would be a good start.

Remember, it's a 90 second cooldown for a fairly random amount of damage.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-25 06:58   
You assume that the ship getting fluxed has no arc damage, for one. If it takes only a few seconds with beams (remembering Kluth must close in to use most weapons) to take an arc down, then a quick pop of the V is all it takes to vaporize. Testing with full armor isnt what u should do. Test with 100% hull on those ships and see what you get.

Also, those small ships use chit armor, hello signature, goodbye energy. The small ships have to hide even more under ecm now when engaging ugto, because of the fact that its really easy to tear thru a plate of armor and hit the iWin V key.

You can't say on one hand that we need to use smaller ships to effectively protect allies, and then render them useless by negating their hull.

And um, it makes no sense that flux wave could destroy a ship anyways. Is it setting off explosives that the enemy has conveniently placed within their own electronics? I mean, for real. It damages systems so much it blow a ship? Does it shoot the steering column through the floor causing a chain reaction or something?

And a cooldown timer on a weapon that can negate a destroyers hull is hardly an arguement for "it's not op". Paaaalease. So what if you make it 5 mins? So every 5 mins they get to make the easy kill, ripping off 85% of a dessie in a fraction of a second? Hardly the better side of a debate imho.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-25 09:37   
You say that the DPS stays the same for torpedoes, but it looks to me like Sabots are getting a significant nerf.

Here they are in release on a cruiser:

Here they are in beta:

Less damage and a higher cooldown do not equal the same DPS by any math

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-25 10:21   
Flux wave is getting adjusted due to some stuff we've found out about it; the damage scaling was being calculated incorrectly. (I wasn't in the lobby for the final decision but i'm 99% sure it's going to get changed)

Mefeng
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2013-11-25 11:59   
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 04:16, Iwancoppa wrote:

Quote:
On 2013-11-25 01:00, Mefeng wrote:
Quote:

It also has 300gu range, and a 90 second cooldown. Hardly a spammable iWin button.

In beta on a phalanx cruiser:

60 seconds and 90 seconds is a huge difference for such an op weapon.

[ This Message was edited by: Mefeng on 2013-11-25 12:05 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-25 15:29   
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 11:59, Mefeng wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 04:16, Iwancoppa wrote:

Quote:
On 2013-11-25 01:00, Mefeng wrote:
Quote:

In beta on a phalanx cruiser:

60 seconds and 90 seconds is a huge difference for such an op weapon.

[ This Message was edited by: Mefeng on 2013-11-25 12:05 ]

Either way its damage calculation is getting fixed.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-11-25 21:54   
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 09:37, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
You say that the DPS stays the same for torpedoes, but it looks to me like Sabots are getting a significant nerf.

Here they are in release on a cruiser:

Here they are in beta:

Less damage and a higher cooldown do not equal the same DPS by any math

Yeah. Looking back at the numbers it seems I had the SABOT Rocket a little too strong prior to 1.703; it's supposed to inflict lower DPS than the Fusion Torp but superior salvo damage. In 1.702 they both have 600 DPS, and the SABOT Rocket still has superior salvo damage.

The version you screencapped had the SABOT Rocket nerfed from 600 to 400 DPS, but I've just committed a change buffing its damage by 25% to bring it back up to 500 DPS. Still inferior to the Fusion Torp, but not quite as harshly so.

Also going to go edit the Dev Log to better reflect the changes to torps.

Email Jim Starluck
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-26 01:00   
I hope you guys can work out some way of giving certain ships a prestige multiplier so they're worthwhile to use.

Support stations, for example, only make as much prestige as a T1 supply ship unless they ever get a chance to utlize their close range beam array. They only have the single repair field device, which if I recall is exactly the same rate as a single drone.

Pure support ships such as the picket destroyer, Defense Frigate, and Covert Ops Scout to name a few need a multiplier to group prestige to cover for their inabilty to make their own.

Supports should benefit for keeping their allies actively and more safely gaining prestige.

Is there some way you could give certain ships a pretige multiplying gadget? I don't know the limitations of darkspace so it's really up to you on the final word, but I really really think support classes need some love.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-26 04:15   
Yes.
Its called Grouping.

This was put in to achieve exactly what you asked for.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-26 06:38   
Quote:
On 2013-11-26 01:00, Fluttershy wrote:
I hope you guys can work out some way of giving certain ships a prestige multiplier so they're worthwhile to use.

Support stations, for example, only make as much prestige as a T1 supply ship unless they ever get a chance to utlize their close range beam array. They only have the single repair field device, which if I recall is exactly the same rate as a single drone.

Pure support ships such as the picket destroyer, Defense Frigate, and Covert Ops Scout to name a few need a multiplier to group prestige to cover for their inabilty to make their own.

Supports should benefit for keeping their allies actively and more safely gaining prestige.

Is there some way you could give certain ships a pretige multiplying gadget? I don't know the limitations of darkspace so it's really up to you on the final word, but I really really think support classes need some love.

suporting your fleet, while grouped will net you more pres anyway, and besides the game isn't all about your pres level.

Email Borgie
Carch
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-26 10:58   
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 10:21, Fattierob wrote:
Flux wave is getting adjusted due to some stuff we've found out about it; the damage scaling was being calculated incorrectly. (I wasn't in the lobby for the final decision but i'm 99% sure it's going to get changed)

As someone who has only recently joined the game ( a few days ago, frankly) and flies UGTO, I should say that i've never managed a kill with flux field. From what I've seen the max is only 30% ish of hull (and that's after punching through armour with the torpedoes from my gyrfalcon; sure it's a lot. But not the one-hit kill that I see people talking about here.). Then again, I can't fly any real destroyers or cruisers yet, so maybe it changes as you get higher. That or the Luth who keep invading wolf are all flying cruisers.

on the AI thing, I have seen the Luth use AI assistance on us at some point, but I've never seen a UTGO AI warship. like.. at all.. even when outnumbered.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023033 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR