No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.702] Release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author [1.702] Release Feedback
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-23 22:04   
last night i noticed flux damage for the change first time i really noticed since so few ugto pm when im on) lost about 40% hull on my dessie from 1 flux blast from a cruiser, is this working right or a bit math error?

Email Borgie
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-24 00:02   
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 22:04, Borgie wrote:
last night i noticed flux damage for the change first time i really noticed since so few ugto pm when im on) lost about 40% hull on my dessie from 1 flux blast from a cruiser, is this working right or a bit math error?

Is that from full armor and hull?
I noticed the flux waves are very painful, look at the stats, those things can pop a kluth frigate in one shot.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-24 01:55   
I like the direction the game is taking.

Dare I say it, but I think Valence cannons are just tending to the bad habits of ICC players flying cannon boats all the time.

EMP missiles were a cool idea, but ultimately I doubt they'll see much use. You trade having reasonable damage for systems damage which has no quantifiable effect on the enemy and is generally pretty awful.

The new changes to torpedos in 1.703 will most likely reduce the appeal of the new long range K'luth torpedos.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-11-24 02:34   
"Adjusted profile of torpedo damage. Each projectile starts off inflicting pure area damage. As the ship gets bigger the area grows larger but the amount of area damage remains the same; instead, the torpedo begins to inflict damage directly to its target on top of the area damage. End result: larger ships catching you in the AoE of their torpedoes will be much less damaging."

I know exactly what this is for ROFL
Kluth norps have a huge blast radius, as many of you know.
Currently if flying any dread with norps, if your close enough to catch a small ship in the AoE of your norp salvo, you can manual detonate them and pretty much instant kill any small ship, even a cruiser if it's damaged enough.
While this is quite entertaining, it's probably a very good thing to change.LOL

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-11-24 05:09   
missiles have a quite balanced turning character now.
skirmish missiles turn fast, and lose only about 200 gu on effective range.
strike missiles turn slow, but have a great range and end up losing only 250-300 gu.

i didnt test the torpedoes much, but on UGTO dreads, the QST has a 100 GU AoE. no matter how you look at it, its way too big.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-24 06:26   
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 00:02, Fluttershy wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 22:04, Borgie wrote:

Is that from full armor and hull?
I noticed the flux waves are very painful, look at the stats, those things can pop a kluth frigate in one shot.

from hull

Email Borgie
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-24 08:04   
I lost one with 85 hull. Was told it was working as intended. It does a random amount of damage.

Its part of the new iWin tech being created for UGTO by Apple.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-24 10:44   
Flux waves need their damage dropped by ~1 level imo.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-24 13:31   
Would it be possible to make the flux waves deal damage over 10 seconds or so rather than instantly vaporize anything smaller than a cruiser?

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-24 14:28   
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 13:31, Fluttershy wrote:
Would it be possible to make the flux waves deal damage over 10 seconds or so rather than instantly vaporize anything smaller than a cruiser?

Flux Wave does not guarantee instant destruction, due to random damage. It also has a limited range, and a very long cooldown. A ship practically has to walk into it (on top of having enough armor/shield damage to be hulled).

[ This Message was edited by: Ent on 2013-11-24 14:33 ]

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-24 14:58   
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 14:28, Ent wrote:
Flux Wave does not guarantee instant destruction, due to random damage. It also has a limited range, and a very long cooldown. A ship practically has to walk into it (on top of having enough armor/shield damage to be hulled).

It mainly renders K'Luth Scouts, Frigates, and even Destroyers to be ineffective.
Their cruisers can handle it perfectly fine, but anything smaller will get hulled instantly most of the time unless it's a T1.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-24 17:55   
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 14:58, Fluttershy wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 14:28, Ent wrote:

It mainly renders K'Luth Scouts, Frigates, and even Destroyers to be ineffective.
Their cruisers can handle it perfectly fine, but anything smaller will get hulled instantly most of the time unless it's a T1.

That is slightly disturbing...for the k'luth.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-24 19:26   
K'Luth Torpedo range is, what, 480? A Destroyer aiming to deliver its torpedo payload to an UGTO Cruiser will have 180gu of range it can move before it has to get out of the way when delivering its torpedo payload.

That means if it moves 20gu/s (not going max), it has exactly 9 seconds to have turned its ship around and move in the opposite direction to remain out of range of the Flux Wave. If you want to fire a second time, you're going to have to accept you will be Flux Waved (possibly).

If you refuse to accept the Flux Wave, you can release one volley in return for however often the enemy Cruiser can fire on you.

If your target is moving towards you at 20gu/s, you have 4 seconds to turn.

I disagree that you'd "have to practically walk into it": For K'Luth, never coming with 300gu is actively difficult. Saying "just use cannons" is silly, considering fall-off and torps are meant to be used against a ship class one class up or some such.

I'll crunch some numbers tomorrow to see just how strong the Flux Wave is actually, though.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-24 19:39   
lost a ravenger due to flux, dred jumped me, took out my aft armor, fluxed me knocked me down to 12 hull from 90ish, while cloaked, then died to the cruisers flux. losing 78% of my hull on a dessie in one shot is a bit extreme.

Email Borgie
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-24 19:40   
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 14:58, Fluttershy wrote:

"Most of the time" can be pretty broad, so I decided to take a small cross section.

Using a Dread level Flux Wave:
52800-158400.

A Kluth scout with organic is guaranteed to get hulled from a Flux Wave, and thats 2.8k damage to hull. For reference, scouts have 35200 hull.

A Kluth Frigate T3 has very thin armor, only one arc with two plates. Assuming that they're having terrible luck and manage to get nuked on a side plate, with hull combined a Flux Wave needs to do 113500 damage to be an instant kill. Decent odds, but at two plates they need to do 173500 and only stations can meet that.

If its Chtin armor, then Flux needs to 133500 damage.

The Ravager is a T3 destroyer with 3F/2L/2R/1A for armor arcs. At worst they can only protect against 70k damage against the rear stock, at best they can protect against 210k from the front. A destroyer comes with 160000 Hull.

If a Dread level Flux wave rolled maximum damage, it not only wouldn't go through the Fore armor, or barely go through the side armor (if Chitin, then they are protected from there), but it wouldn't even be able to do enough damage against bare hull to kill a Destroyer in one hit.

And this is just maximum damage.. the minimum wouldn't even scratch it

It also has 300gu range, and a 90 second cooldown. Hardly a spammable iWin button.

This is also just with a Dread level wave. Lets see about:

Cruiser: 42000-126000
Destroyer: 32400-97200
Frigate: 24000-72000

Feel free to plug some numbers. And don't forget.. its random damage. So the lowest and the highest are both possibilities on every roll.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030981 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR