Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Anti-stealth weapons
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
 Author Anti-stealth weapons
Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-03 15:20   
Allright,

I'm a new player, I've been playing almost 2 weeks now. And what I see is that whoever we fight, we get our asses kicked.

Vs the UTGO, I actually enjoy the fighting. We are the underdog that, with skill and perseverance, can win a battle (or we just take advantage of planet dico's, but I've seen all factions do that and as mentioned ICC needs at least a second player to dico, since those players are hard to come by...). UTGO on the other hand sports enough armour, ammunition and firepower to be able to kill us if they manage to get an advantage. Since they need less tactics and therefore use less, it all evens out. I've never said that UTGO was out of balance.

VS the luth... You've read it.

let's talk counters:
Tachyon drive: Dictor
UTGO armour: weapons fire, only in case of ICC, it takes a while
UTGO firepower: speed in case of ICC, cloak an positioning for luth
ICC shields: weapons fire from more then 2 directions renders them useless. luth burns them away anyways. Fits in ICC role as they need to stay at range, not be in the middle of it.
ICC armour: what? we got that?
ICC firepower: speed in case of UTGO (they are at range probably), cloak and speed for luth.
Luth armour: weapons fire, in case of ICC, it still takes a while.
Luth firepower: range. Otherwise, destruction awaits.
Luth cloak: Pinging from close range, makes them visible for less then a second, only allows you to hazard a guess of their direction and current whereabouts. In case of ICC, you need several players to keep track long enough to actually destroy them.

Everything has a counter, but pinging is just too short in time and range to actually kill something. In a 1vs1 with equal ships, the most skilled player should win. Now, you need 3 players (dico, battle, pinger) to kill just one luth!

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-03 15:36   
I assure you, its not as bad as your making it out to be.

You will get better with time... or jump ship like all the rest.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-03 15:36   
well rogue im just saying icc seem to ignore their strenghts and just copy other factions tactics...ive seen icc dessies pj me.

admitted when there not many players its hard to b the main force online compared to other factions (luth). ICC starts to get good when there more ships yes thats what im saying. 5 vs 5 , icc got a nice battle i think. 1 vs 1 depends on ship. generally ehen i play icc it feels as if weapons dont do dmg, but once i change back to other faction it feels as if the weapons got no range at all.

Dreadspace is icc heaven, only when fighting dessies the range bonus is lost because of the dodging.

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-03 15:41   
On the flipside, most Kluth ships cannot 1v1 with their human equals. Smaller ships are a different story, but you rarely see a 1v1 between Kluth destroyer and human destroyer (or frigate).

There's a very delicate balance between Kluth and humans, and I have to say that complaints about Kluth have been happening for like 9 years. It's a normal thing now.

In time you'll see it's pretty balanced. Kluth are easy to damage and they will most likely be jumping away from an even battle after doing what damage they can.

Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-10-03 19:31   
Quote:

On 2011-10-03 15:41, MrSparkle wrote:
On the flipside, most Kluth ships cannot 1v1 with their human equals. Smaller ships are a different story, but you rarely see a 1v1 between Kluth destroyer and human destroyer (or frigate).

There's a very delicate balance between Kluth and humans, and I have to say that complaints about Kluth have been happening for like 9 years. It's a normal thing now.

In time you'll see it's pretty balanced. Kluth are easy to damage and they will most likely be jumping away from an even battle after doing what damage they can.

This

Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-10-04 08:38   
Quote:

On 2011-10-03 00:05, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
i dunno where everyone is on this iqq rant from...

But given the ammount of stuff they have taken away from us over the years, the fact that were a long range faction up against two close range factions, one completly un-engageble at long range both in a world of FTL travel and jump drives, the complexity of opperating a ICC ship to achieve sub par performance when compared to the easier, safer other two factions, our being constantly out numbered, and hated on just because we are ICC, and the hate because we see things that dont quite work and tell about it, is there any wonder why we voice our view so much?

Also, it took five days for the devs to adjust ICC shields from 25% to 15% resistance when ugto qq'ed about it.

It took over a year for devs to fix ugto imortality at depot planets when ICC qq'ed about it.

It took 36 hours to nurf ICC when UGTO QQ'ed about it in 670.

Were used to being ignored. Were used to having to repeat ourselfs a million times in order to get anything across.
{...}

the ping-bug to see luth-ships haven't been fixed ever.... now its a feature

afaik it came up when they changed the cloak-mechanic to "cloak reduce sig to 0" instead of "cloak reduce sig by xx"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Page created in 0.012002 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR