- Towel Day
05/25/24 +6.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Hellaciouss
15th - phoenixfyre
13th - Rain of Fire [O-XII]

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Anti-stealth weapons
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Anti-stealth weapons
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-01 16:35   
The problem I see with most non kluth is they are not sure exactly how/when to use eccm and beacons.
When I scout, I always try to come in when I expect that the target is about to cloak, based on its hull damage. If you put that beacon on at that critical time, and also spam your eccm at that moment, you are going to extend his cloaking long enough many times to get a kill.

Also, when a Kluth begins to cloak, if all the ships around spam their eccm at the same time, this greatly helps.

Also, if you have planetary sensors OFF when you are attacked, and turn them ON when they cloak, a K'Luth will light up like a christmas tree. However, planetary sensor bases also have a cooldown. I believe it is 60 secs. Yes, I am saying that you can use planetary sensor bases to ping with.

As far as I know, nothing effects the decloak timer, only the cloak timer, but I could be wrong.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-01 16:38   
another note on K'Luth dreads:

They have a HUGE hitbox atm. Blind fire is very effective if you have an idea where the ship is.

By huge, I mean that next to an EAD, a K'Luth dread is at least 1/3 larger, making them harder to avoid fire heading their way.

Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-10-02 02:15   
why not give icc an anti-stealth gadget, but luths get an em-torpedo that turns off shields for some seconds (5-10s) as compensation

this permanent "whine whine, cloak is op whine whine" gets really annoying =/

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-02 04:23   
no and no.

could you imagine how easy it would be to kill kluth if they could not cloak?

Could you imagine how easy it would be to kill icc if you could turn off their shields?

And what? UGTO gets away scott free?

no, no nono non no no.

bad idea

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-02 05:35   
What struck me was that while on the ICC side, we had two people in stations and neither one attempted to blind fire the lobster dread that just cloaked 300gu away.

Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-10-02 08:45   
Quote:

On 2011-10-02 04:23, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
no and no.

Could you imagine how easy it would be to kill icc if you could turn off their shields?

no, no nono non no no.

bad idea

hm what about something like the "dante must die"-mode from DMC

once you get hit from a bullet / laser, youre dead
or replace weapons with paintball-guns
[ This Message was edited by: Nekatil on 2011-10-02 08:47 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-02 10:14   
Quote:

On 2011-10-02 08:45, Nekatil wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-10-02 04:23, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
no and no.

no, no nono non no no.

bad idea

hm what about something like the "dante must die"-mode from DMC

once you get hit from a bullet / laser, youre dead
or replace weapons with paintball-guns
[ This Message was edited by: Nekatil on 2011-10-02 08:47 ]

think about what you just said....if that were to come in Skilled ICC players would own all in scouts

Email *FTL*Soulless
Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-10-02 16:50   
hm would be a funy event

hereby i request the following event

- players stats (pres / kills / deaths...) get freezed
- all weapons deal enough damage to oneshot MI nodes ( they have afaik th most hp ingame)
- enhancements are disabled
- ships in garage are disabled
- ship-selection is limited to destroyers and below

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-02 18:56   
I propose the following event in counter to the afore mentioned event:

For one week, ICC and K''Luth play the game without crying about anything other than K'Luths oversized dreads, ICC's underpowered weapons, UGTO's ability to stack defenses that nullify a faction's weapons, and the severly overpowered UGTO Command Dread.

Think about it.....

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-02 18:58   
Quote:

On 2011-10-02 18:56, Azreal wrote:

For one week, ICC and K''Luth play the game without crying about anything other than K'Luths oversized dreads, ICC's underpowered weapons, UGTO's ability to stack defenses that nullify a faction's weapons, and the severly overpowered UGTO Command Dread.

Think about it.....

thats just what the "biased" devs want. XD

Email *FTL*Soulless
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-02 23:18   
Quote:

On 2011-10-02 18:56, Azreal wrote:

Think about it.....

ummmm they already did that it led to the ugto armor issue we had for a while then they qq about that when it got returned to reasonable levels. its a patten you see icc qq because they want to be able to own ugto ships at medium to close range they qq about the kluth cloak because they just don't keep one ship constantly pinging. when was the last time you saw a ugto qq about cloaks (except for me when they decided to reduce eccm range and ecm range) no you will find ugto are far more likely to qq about ai because they are just that annoying.

just like with defence bases someone just had to qq about those to i mean seriously if they are that annoying wipe the damn things off a planet its not like you HAVE to take it intact.

and for the record icc you are supose to be rebles your not supose to get up close to the point where you could be captured (ad is a exception to this rule lets face it its always my first target)

your supose to be annoying by hitting us at ranges and employing dico tactics not qq because you want to be just like the ugto and kluth.

you have ships with more sensor suites then most ugto ships of a same hull type and you still qq about it .

heck i swear theres even a eccm on the ad we don't have one on the ead but we don't qq about it.

while it would be nice to see a new anti stealth weapon only if the kluth get something in return to even the odds i mean kluth armor is toilet paper lets face it because its fact.

and finally I BET 50 CREDITS that if the admins were to force all icc players to shift sides THE MAJORITY WOULD QQ ABOUT BEING FORCED TO PLAY ANOTHER DAMN FACTION.

we should get all the kluth players to join in this qq because i see none from them half the time.

(james has gone completely insane and expected icc for once in there godforsaken life not to qq but sadly thats impossible james shall now cry himself to sleep at night thinking if only people would stop qq think about the fun everyone could have)

[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-10-02 23:21 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-03 00:05   
i dunno where everyone is on this iqq rant from...

But given the ammount of stuff they have taken away from us over the years, the fact that were a long range faction up against two close range factions, one completly un-engageble at long range both in a world of FTL travel and jump drives, the complexity of opperating a ICC ship to achieve sub par performance when compared to the easier, safer other two factions, our being constantly out numbered, and hated on just because we are ICC, and the hate because we see things that dont quite work and tell about it, is there any wonder why we voice our view so much?

Also, it took five days for the devs to adjust ICC shields from 25% to 15% resistance when ugto qq'ed about it.

It took over a year for devs to fix ugto imortality at depot planets when ICC qq'ed about it.

It took 36 hours to nurf ICC when UGTO QQ'ed about it in 670.

Were used to being ignored. Were used to having to repeat ourselfs a million times in order to get anything across.

We would not voice our view if we did not care. All most of us want is balance.

ALSO WTF are all of you UGTO and Kluth heads comming in here and crying IQQ.

The OP has come into a phase that affects nearly all non kluth playes at some point in their playtime. It is a natural point of DS player evolution that should not NOT NOTT!!! be met with such stupidity!!!.

Just ba a good player, and kindly point out where he is wrong, what he can do to help his situation, and ensure him mos of us go through this phase.

Your foolish QQing about QQ when there is no QQ is doing nothing NOTHING NOTHING!! to help this game or its players.

Now. if you wish to reply to this, write me a PM and ill kindly set you strait.

If you have no valuable imput to offer this player, then dont comment at all.

No one, NO one, NO ONE has said YEA@!!! this is a GREAT suggestion!!!. Lets put it in next patch!!!

Calm down, and think for a second!! read!!!.

(hostility toned down 48%)
[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-10-03 00:09 ]

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-10-03 01:04   
"Complaints" have various other names.

Like "Player Feedback".

[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2011-10-03 01:05 ]

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-03 05:34   
the topic is called anti-stealth weapons...

icc got more ecm/eccm slots then any other faction.

Ugto players practiced their ass off to improve blind fire. Myself can hit about 10% average now...(i still suck)

yes playing icc u feel left out of combat, untill u got 2 teammates. an enhanced icc combat dread with gauss guns can hit enemy stations and dreads from 2K gu away. Icc tactics is range, and a dictor to prevent pj. icc can go full speed without losing energy...tried that as luth or ugto? another bonus not used by icc

fighting icc = easy
fighting icc when they have a dictor = close to impossible

yet, i see 3 icc dessies and a cruiser, or 1 station 2 dreads and some frigates. NO dictor....3 teams without skill, ugto win. 3 teams with average skill, luth win. 3 teams of the most awesome vets u know, and icc will win. Thats why UGTO players tend to respond with: learn skill. cause yes armor and firepower a bit better, but all else fails. There are several options to beat ur opponent, shooting at them is one of them

therefor: QQ! IQQ!! Q to the Q, wh to the ine. daddy sang base, icc qq all day, tunununu nunununu

how about this situation:

i feel we need to have a dictor scrambler because else we cant fight icc. eveyday i have to fly from r33 to dres-kona to see if there icc ai farming some random luth. Then if there are, they all fly back to oceania and i have to fly towards them into the dictor. then they short jump out and fire on me, then after the fight they say: good fight. I think when outnumbered 3 to 1, the outnumbered ship should b able to scramble the planet dictors where the enemy hides.

then somebody says "no, thats just stupid. U might wanna try another tactic".

So same here: try another tactic, or accept ur current situation.

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-03 06:02   
Quote:

On 2011-10-03 05:34, The Flying Dutchman wrote:
the topic is called anti-stealth weapons...

icc got more ecm/eccm slots then any other faction.

Ugto players practiced their ass off to improve blind fire. Myself can hit about 10% average now...(i still suck)

yes playing icc u feel left out of combat, untill u got 2 teammates. an enhanced icc combat dread with gauss guns can hit enemy stations and dreads from 2K gu away. Icc tactics is range, and a dictor to prevent pj. icc can go full speed without losing energy...tried that as luth or ugto? another bonus not used by icc

fighting icc = easy
fighting icc when they have a dictor = close to impossible

yet, i see 3 icc dessies and a cruiser, or 1 station 2 dreads and some frigates. NO dictor....3 teams without skill, ugto win. 3 teams with average skill, luth win. 3 teams of the most awesome vets u know, and icc will win. Thats why UGTO players tend to respond with: learn skill. cause yes armor and firepower a bit better, but all else fails. There are several options to beat ur opponent, shooting at them is one of them

therefor: QQ! IQQ!! Q to the Q, wh to the ine. daddy sang base, icc qq all day, tunununu nunununu

how about this situation:

i feel we need to have a dictor scrambler because else we cant fight icc. eveyday i have to fly from r33 to dres-kona to see if there icc ai farming some random luth. Then if there are, they all fly back to oceania and i have to fly towards them into the dictor. then they short jump out and fire on me, then after the fight they say: good fight. I think when outnumbered 3 to 1, the outnumbered ship should b able to scramble the planet dictors where the enemy hides.

then somebody says "no, thats just stupid. U might wanna try another tactic".

So same here: try another tactic, or accept ur current situation.

Wait what? so u just admitted you need at least 2 icc players vs 1 luth/ugto one being a dico so as to keep range and now you want to remove this by being able to scramble the dicos ? wow that makes sense we all know that icc is under-powered and have been for a long time and will probably continue to be i mean icc shields without enchs are almost as bad a luth amour even though you can rotate than it don't matter if there gone in mere seconds dose it ?

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022200 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR