No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New double the pres lost
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author New double the pres lost
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-04 05:21   
31 people logged into the entire game, 6 in the game itself.

This is what the higher pres loss will bring more of.

People who say " wait, i killed 3 people and got 130 pres for it, but I lost my ship once and lost 130. Screw this I'm out"

And your popular demanders will be all you have left. All 5 of them.

ta ta.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-04 05:40   
Quote:

On 2011-04-04 05:21, Azreal wrote:
31 people logged into the entire game, 6 in the game itself...

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that timestamp suggests that you could have chosen a better time to do a headcount. I know Darkspace is played internationally to a degree, but I believe most players are in the US and the UK, and twenty past five in the morning is going to be about the time when people are generally either asleep or at work in those two areas.

If you want to be taken a bit more seriously, I'd suggest being a bit more scientific. Overall numbers throughout the day, taking into account whether it's a weekday or a weekend, previous statistics, that kind of thing.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-04-04 06:29   
hmm yae now that i look back at it seems my math was bit off i wasnt thinking bout the 250 more the 200shud be 400 i left out the 50 for some reson any way that does explain y last i died i lost 650 thats was all the pres i made over there and i lost it cuz that eleite just wudnt stop jumping me thik shed go away after the first few times i killed her but no she just kept comin back and im not one of those ppl who just jump in to battle ans mash space bar so dont say i am cuz im not i only do that if its just 1 ship (cruser or smaller) no i normally get cought in dictor or stuck waitng for JD when bunch of EADs pop thro the gate and stuff

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-04 06:38   
Quote:

People who say " wait, i killed 3 people and got 130 pres for it, but I lost my ship once and lost 130. Screw this I'm out"

ta ta.

Spammed missiles from an MD for five minutes. Gained 300 prestige. Lulz @ "killed 3 people and only gained 130 pres". Obvious troll is obvious.

-Ent

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-04 06:46   
have you ever considered friendly kamikaze ?

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-04 07:38   
Quote:

ta ta.

LOL! This coming from someone with 500k prestige. I believe you are just angry you didn't get to 1 million before the change.

Prestige gain is so much more ridiculous than that, too. you gain 130 prestige for killing a mere cruiser. I think you need to do your homework before making wild assumptions.

And Geja is right, this is a bit early to do a headcount. (5-9am on a monday) people are at work and school. derp.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-04 09:32   
I doubt this will stopp the amasing pres gain to much...but it helps.

Anyways, good to see they starting to realise the problem and started fixing it.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-04 09:50   
Quote:

On 2011-04-04 09:32, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
I doubt this will stopp the amasing pres gain to much...but it helps.

Anyways, good to see they starting to realise the problem and started fixing it.

We've been aware of the problem since the very beginning. I personally have been tweaking numbers behind the scene's to bring it back into line, and there's one more that should fix it.

The reason it's taking so long, however, is due to the fact that a lot of the development team are busy, meaning not a lot of time to spend tweaking numbers and testing (which is 99% of all tweaks), or much time for DarkSpace in general (myself included).

This is the reality of a game run by volunteers.

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-04-04 11:35   
is he the only one to complain about this?

hell i think they should still lower press gain aswell the press loss for deaths is perfect now nomore will people be able to jump a fleet duke it out die and still come out with some press or loose very little thats not how it should work

press loss for death is perfect

press gain still needs to be adjusted

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-04-04 11:38   
azreal it was this or have every player in darkspace in dreads by next tuesday

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-04 12:27   
Correct me if I'm wrong.
  1. There are factors affecting prestige loss, resource is just one.
  2. In 1.5x, kill/killed a station I gained 250 prestige, so now I will gain/lose 500 prestige.
  3. When I get destroyed, the ship's resource will add to my resource loss. There shall be no resource loss added into profile when I'm in free of spawn ships.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-04 13:02   
Quote:

On 2011-04-04 12:27, chlorophyll wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong.
[list=1][*]There are factors affecting prestige loss, resource is just one.
[*]In 1.5x, kill/killed a station I gained 250 prestige, so now I will gain/lose 500 prestige.

I'm sure I've said this before, but prestige loss and prestige gain from kills and losses are not the same!

Prestige loss from death is based on how many resources your ship was worth. Prestige gain from killing someone is based on how many hitpoints of damage you inflicted.

Two entirely different things.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-04 14:59   
Quote:

On 2011-04-04 11:35, Aaron[+R] wrote:
is he the only one to complain about this?

hell i think they should still lower press gain aswell the press loss for deaths is perfect now nomore will people be able to jump a fleet duke it out die and still come out with some press or loose very little thats not how it should work

press loss for death is perfect

press gain still needs to be adjusted

I'd leave the gain well enough alone. One of the problems back in .483 was that gain was too difficult and the loss was too high. I think now the risk vs. reward is back in line. The loss from a Dread is high enough now that simply jumping in and hitting spacebar will no longer suffice.

Though I would prefer it if the loss was tweaked just a bit higher based on rank. So that we can make getting to and keeping ranks above Grand Admiral a little bit more difficult.

-Ent

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-04 23:14   
Quote:

On 2011-04-04 07:38, JBud wrote:
LOL! This coming from someone with 500k prestige. I believe you are just angry you didn't get to 1 million before the change.

Prestige gain is so much more ridiculous than that, too. you gain 130 prestige for killing a mere cruiser. I think you need to do your homework before making wild assumptions.

And Geja is right, this is a bit early to do a headcount. (5-9am on a monday) people are at work and school. derp.

1. I have never complained about the pres gain people got. I have never seen more fighting in the mv than I have over the last year, and I relate it to less fear over pres lost. I like it, as this is supposed to be a PvP game.

2. I earned my pres over 7 years, and not by farming. I have never been known to farm anything other than enhancements. Even then, I generally only went after the elites, and not the other ai.

3. I think I'm #2 or #3 in deaths now. That wouldnt change if I was still playing. I never cared before, I wouldn't start now. I'm not exactly known for jumping out of a fight. For the last year, I get in an engagement, I'm there till I kill, I die, or the other guy runs off. This has nothing to do with me.

4. My fear is that NEW players (the life blood of ANY AND EVERY GAME) will most likely be turned off.

5. The number I said (whatever it was 6 people in mv) I didnt give a headcount. It was a flashback to .483 days. That's a time when many of the people who now populate the top lists (and a few of those in this thread) were simply not there for. In those days, I could log in at PEAK times and find under ten people in the game. I am always looking at the number of new players that come in and stay. Always.

6. DS is not the same game as before. AI, enhancements, lack of effective modding, changes to cloak, addition of core weapons, changes to planet cap system, new armor types, changes to EW, complete revamping of almost every ship.....I guess what I fail to understand is that of all the things that have changed on DS, its the pres loss/gain that is the sacred cow. Well, that and R33, but that's a different story altogether. DS still has punishment too central to the game.

7. Dying now, even with the higher pres still wont have the same effect as what ya'll think it will because in those days (482ish and under) one of the main reasons you didn't want to die had zilch to do with your pres loss. It was ship loss. You lost your ship, it was dead. Gone. Adios muchachos. Why was that a big deal? OTHER FACTION TECH MODS. I know I had a mirv clav for MONTHS. CL2K Claw anyone? Faced plenty of human carriers shooting Larvs at me as well. All of us who played then can probably think of a few of those ships they had. And? Lose the ship, lose the mods, and no enemy sp/factory planets meant that you flew stock - anethema to any veteran startduster.

8. DS still has punishment too central to the game. I have played so many games I can't hope to remember even half of them, and I can think of no other that has had negativity so common to every aspect of the game. I understand the need to challenge a player, but if every time a person goes into a fight he is worried about every single tap to his shields or/and armor causing him a negative blow, than it becomes the opposite of fun.

9. Basically, I'm looking at the little guy. Stevey or Flash, both new players by DS standards, were rewarded for playing a lot and not leaving the game. They got their pres climb. However, I did see new players still complaining about getting pres as late as two weeks ago. The more the smaller ships are tweaked to accomodate the veterans who know how to use them, the more insane they are for a new player to get the hang of. You can start a new character if you want to, and start all over again. You will say, I don't see a problem. That's right, you don't. You really can't forget how to use the ship, can you? The newer players don't have that going for them, and it is a lot to ask for somebody to come in and learn to fly those weak pea shooters under those circumstances, and at that with a lowered pres gain. I'm not saying it is impossible now to do, I am asking, however, how fun is it for the person trying?

sorry long post. Not trying to ruffle feathers, I'm just playing newbie advocate.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-04 23:59   
Quote:

On 2011-04-04 23:14, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-04 07:38, JBud wrote:

I'm just playing newbie advocate.

Just FYI, prestige loss is based on rank as-well. You lose a hell of a lot more when you have a higher rank.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022725 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR