05/25/24 +5.6 Days
- Weekly DarkSpace
05/25/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Enterprise
21th - Hobbyte

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New double the pres lost
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author New double the pres lost
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-07 17:56   
[quote]
On 2011-04-07 13:48, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

Az, your argument is this. You argue that prestige shouldn't matter, so why bother having it? If all you care about is entertainment and fun, and entertainment and fun mean not caring about prestige, and that if prestige mattered too much people would leave.

So lets just remove prestige altogether, give people access to all ships, remove the badge system, and just let people shoot each other. For fun.

-Ent

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-07 18:21   
Quote:

On 2011-04-03 19:30, Fleet Admiral Ray wrote:
ok befor this change when i died in my station id lose 250 as with all my ships except cruser and lower dreads and station id lose 250 im one to watch my pres very closely very very closely and now im supposed to lose 450 as it doubled but no im loosing 500 maby you guys dont care bout your pres but im trying to get GA and 50 pres counts and just now i was in sol and i died cus a ugto elite kill me and i lost 650 pres from that thats way to much to just ignor so i say its not right i shudnt be losing more pres then im supposed to

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't double of 250 = 500, not 450?

My math is a tad rusty but i'm feeling confident here....

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-07 18:32   
lol, i never even implied that it shouldnt play a role. I never even argued against a nerf to the amount, or the ranked loss of it. I am merely argueing for temperment of this idea of taking a person to the woodshed for playing the game.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-07 19:15   
You don't get 2x as much punishment for being a CM over a GM or anything daft like that. Each rank you get you gain a slight increase in prestige lost per death, but it's not a significant amount.

It you compare a Midshipman to a CM, you might find it to be 100 or maybe 200 more on the larger ships, but then if you're a CM, you should know when and when not to use those large ships.

In the grand scheme of things, and considering the prestige gain as it is now, this change, I personally feel, has only influenced the game only slightly. I believe this because prestige gain is so out of wack, that even doubling the cost of ships as they stand won't solve the issue.

If anything, a number of you should be aware of this considering that about a month or so ago, every single patch pretty much HALFED the prestige gain you got through doing damage to armour and shields.

Since I have now got that to a good percentile range, I believe the last focus should be to lower the prestige given for doing damage to hull. This will not only lower prestige gained for damaging a ships hull, but also affect prestige given for armour and shield damage (due to the modifier being based off of that value).

This won't be a change on the grand magnitude of what I previously tweaked, but I will be doing tests in beta and lowing it by 10% at a time, at most.

I'd like to assure all of you (new players and old alike) that this is not an issue we've ignored, and it's not something we intend to fix by making ships cost jillions of prestige upon death. We'll only be happy when we get the balance down to a happy medium.

Players are absolutely not meant to have millions of prestige (regardless of play time). Those that have it will likely not have stats altered, but we will address the issue so this situation won't happen again, for future players, all in the name of having fun.

- Jack

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2011-04-07 19:17 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-07 20:54   
aye Jack, and I trust that is ya'lls goal. I really do. I do not have a problem with the tweaks up to this point, personally. I welcome them, especially with the rank scaling, as it seems a better system.

I'm going to stand against taking a baseball bat to a players knees for dying, however. Not saying that is where we are now. My alarm is at what I see in this thread, and the amount of agreement to it.

Personally Im all for a system that pays less, but takes less. That's a lot closer to where DS was before.

I can agree with a lot of what Ent and others have posted, and I am not saying anything about where we are now. Just playing the Paul Revere role for what I fear on the horizon, m8.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-07 21:13   
Quote:

On 2011-04-07 20:54, Azreal (Ret) wrote:
aye Jack, and I trust that is ya'lls goal. I really do. I do not have a problem with the tweaks up to this point, personally. I welcome them, especially with the rank scaling, as it seems a better system.

I'm going to stand against taking a baseball bat to a players knees for dying, however. Not saying that is where we are now. My alarm is at what I see in this thread, and the amount of agreement to it.

Personally Im all for a system that pays less, but takes less. That's a lot closer to where DS was before.

I can agree with a lot of what Ent and others have posted, and I am not saying anything about where we are now. Just playing the Paul Revere role for what I fear on the horizon, m8.

I can pretty much guarantee we're not going to see dealth penalty increase again unless there's a need for it.

The problem before was huge prestige gain, and no penalty. We now have penalty, and a lower gain. The only remaining issues is tweaking gain so it's back down to a sensible level, but not so low that the death penalty starts to outweigh it.

Put any worries at rest?

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2011-04-07 21:21 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-07 21:19   
Seems reasonable to me. Long as we arent getting 800 for killing one lol. j/k.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-07 22:21   
Quote:

On 2011-04-07 19:15, BackSlash wrote:
Since I have now got that to a good percentile range, I believe the last focus should be to lower the prestige given for doing damage to hull.

Excellent. I've been supporting this since forever.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-08 08:23   
yaaa sounds like where finially getting a little of the old ds back might start seeing people flying around in dessie and cruiser more then dreads and stations

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-08 17:29   
make it 1.483

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-08 23:32   
Quote:
On 2011-04-07 19:15, BackSlash wrote:
Players are absolutely not meant to have millions of prestige (regardless of play time). Those that have it will likely not have stats altered, but we will address the issue so this situation won't happen again, for future players, all in the name of having fun.

Thanks to this, we won't have a new CM every month hopefully.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-09 02:15   
My only problem with this is with this you have created an under class.
There are going to be 3 types of people.

1. Vets who are happy that people now have to "work" for their rank. (They have been underclassed with the pres gain changes making ranking a lot easier)
2. The 1.5 generation which now has ridonkulous amounts of pres compared to new people.
3. The newbs who come after this change who are forced to look at shiny dreads they will proly have to wait a year to get. When they find out the 1.5 gen got it in a month, they are gonna be mad. They will never overtake 1 million.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-09 02:57   
Oh well.

A Gundam
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-09 03:06   
i been doing well. Whats the problem?

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-09 06:07   
It won't take a year for a new player to get in a dread. This change isn't that big. Just die less and you'll be fine.

This change will not result in less players. It may even result in a somewhat larger playerbase, since the low-risk, high rank-up system resulted in players leaving after playing a short time, because the game provided a not-challenging-enough gameplay. They thought it to easy.

This change will result in players thinking twice before simply jumping into a battle. Skills will count more. Decision-making will be a part in battles more. That's fine with me.

Email Alcedo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021963 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR