Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Latest Update - Questions
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author Latest Update - Questions
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 16:10   
Why do ICC and UGTO get faster PD and and the same time Kluth get nerfed once again with a delay on the cloak?

I think if you are going to increase the cooldown for cloak you should also increase (double) the cooldown for ECCM.

It's only fair if you start nerfing one you should nerf something the others use as well.

Does the AI FF check also include platforms and planet defences?

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 16:54   
so applying a solution to fix a percieved problem only to make the problem worse.

this is one of the worst suggestions iv seen.

this is unbiased but see it this way.

what would be the purpose of making ECCM and Cloak times the same? in the devs eyes?

unless you have a different theory?

We are the Falix Brothers...

Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 17:00   
Cloak needed a cooldown to make it even remotely balanced. Being able to cloak 2 seconds after you uncloaked was not cool. Cloak needs to fell like it is a important tool that needs to be planned out, not a thing you can spam every couple seconds.
[ This Message was edited by: Vice Admiral Josh Knight on 2010-08-24 17:01 ]

Email Vice Admiral Josh Knight
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 17:09   
havent played luth since latest patch...

IF i cant cloak for x sec after decloaking, does eccm still affect decloak ?
and does eccm still affect the time between decloaking and be able to shoot ?

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 17:17   
Quote:

On 2010-08-24 17:09, NoBoDx wrote:
havent played luth since latest patch...

IF i cant cloak for x sec after decloaking, does eccm still affect decloak ?
and does eccm still affect the time between decloaking and be able to shoot ?

ECCM still effects cloak and time from decloak until shoot.

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-24 17:38   
Other updates kluth get good things and UGTO + ICC get nerfed so stop crying about it...

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 17:41   
so if the humans put up their thousands of eccms, i have to wait for 10 (or next beta 15) seconds before i can reenable cloak because it make no sense to attack

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 17:44   
Quote:

On 2010-08-24 17:41, NoBoDx wrote:
so if the humans put up their thousands of eccms, i have to wait for 10 (or next beta 15) seconds before i can reenable cloak because it make no sense to attack

well in that 15 seconds untill u can attack, ur cloak wouldve cooled down.
so i dont understand your point =\
explain please

We are the Falix Brothers...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-24 18:53   
I made these changes. Not only with support of the dev team, but also with support of quite a few K'luth members. In fact, I was quite happy to leave the 10 seconds for a while whilst I collected more data. However, it was key K'luth players that came to me and told me that this should be increased, and as a result I increasd it by 5 seconds. I have yet to go into beta and really try this change out due to work and time limitations. However, if it seems too harsh (of which the 10 seconds was not), I will revert it back to 10 seconds, or further refine it.

It's important that you see this change as one that induces more strategy into your gameplay, and not a nerf. The very function of cloak is exactly the same, all the cooldown does is force you to use it as a strategic tool and not abuse it as a 'get out of fight free' card.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-24 19:04   
protip: ECM counters the effects of ECCM on cloak

fly something other than a dreadnaught.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-24 19:10   
Quote:

On 2010-08-24 19:04, N'kra The Wolf wrote:
protip: ECM counters the effects of ECCM on cloak

fly something other than a dreadnaught.

great tip though probibly falling on deaf ears. Seeing how all we ever see is luth dreads unless its AI which don't count

Email *FTL*Soulless
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 19:20   
Quote:

On 2010-08-24 18:53, BackSlash wrote:
I made these changes. Not only with support of the dev team, but also with support of quite a few K'luth members. In fact, I was quite happy to leave the 10 seconds for a while whilst I collected more data. However, it was key K'luth players that came to me and told me that this should be increased, and as a result I increasd it by 5 seconds. I have yet to go into beta and really try this change out due to work and time limitations. However, if it seems too harsh (of which the 10 seconds was not), I will revert it back to 10 seconds, or further refine it.

It's important that you see this change as one that induces more strategy into your gameplay, and not a nerf. The very function of cloak is exactly the same, all the cooldown does is force you to use it as a strategic tool and not abuse it as a 'get out of fight free' card.

So now ontop of ECCM delay we have programed delay. Lets pick one and go with that we don't need both. if you are going to increase it to 15 seconds I can live with that if at the same time you remove the ECCM ping.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-24 20:04   
Quote:

On 2010-08-24 19:20, Daedalus wrote:
So now ontop of ECCM delay we have programed delay. Lets pick one and go with that we don't need both. if you are going to increase it to 15 seconds I can live with that if at the same time you remove the ECCM ping.

what delay Luth can cloak a quite quick even if the sig around the area is over 200. And why would you take away the only counter that the human fractions have against cloak just cause you got a delay for recloaking. Seems a bit selfish to me don't it.
[ This Message was edited by: soulless93 on 2010-08-24 20:08 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-24 20:10   
i do believe this is a delay on the device itself, no the amount of time the device takes to work, in any case. so you cant decloak, fire, and cloak the very next second; this was exploitable through lots of ECM, btw. but u guys never used it =P

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-24 20:43   
Quote:

On 2010-08-24 19:20, Daedalus wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-08-24 18:53, BackSlash wrote:

Many of the fleeted players are fine with the 10 sec cooldown. We'll be seeing if 15 secs is too harsh for the smaller ships. Dreads should have no probs with 15 secs.

Basically, we'll have to time our attack carefully now.

And lastly, I hope to not hear anymore QQ'ing (especially from some very prominent and vocal persons) regarding the cloak.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-08-24 20:44 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025102 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR