No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Remove
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author Remove
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 05:17   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 04:38, BackSlash wrote:
This is what happens when people ignore the requirement of mining planets and decent resource infastructures.

4 mantles and 4 factory on 32 limited strucs planet? Didn't they SY requirements make the planet weak enough? Mantle cost 2750 res to build, but mantle itself take about 30 mins to generate the res loss by build it. People ignore the requirement of mining planet cause it spend time and no pres gain. I have ask about mining earns pres but the dev refuses. Then why don't the dev keep mining all day so that everyone have time to get pres since dev doesn't need pres? Sacrifice time to mining so that other players can spawn big ship deserve the rights to get pres. It's even more meaningful than get supply ship, jumping then rep to get navigator pres. The cargo bug is fixed, there is only 10 space for mining so mining and afk practically doesn't give infinite pres (when mining gains pres). And if pres earn by mining is lowest compared to other pres, e.g. 1 pres per 1000 res, then who will spend time mining if not forced?

Starport? Great idea. But wait. How many barrens need to launch several stations and dreads when there are many FA online? Do the higher rank players has to make orders to prevent the lower rank players log in SY and launch stations and dreads? Imagine there are 4 players. They're all mining to give a terran enough res or transporting from barrens to terran, it takes 4 mins. Then 1 player get the station, 3 players must keep mining, it takes 6 mins. Then 2 station, 2 players must keep mining, 9 mins... The RoC prohibits an alliance force from users, then it also must prohibit the request that force certain player to be the last one spawn ship.

Shall we ask for 8 mining beams on extractor, and mining enh? Oh, this is the ego that extractorS should be kept in garrage instead of dreads and stations.

What a shifty earthquake in the progress of the game!

I don't have deliberate intention to criticize all new features. It's natual that in 100 new inventions, should exist 90 good creations and 10 bad creations. Res cost per spawn ship is just one poor feature among many nice improvement of DS.

Please remove the feature immediately. Users are not crying, they're censuring.

@Kaoschan: It's nice to know that you support this feature. I'm amazingly excited to get Sip or Mandi and pop your extractor. Not only me and not only you.
[ This Message was edited by: Diep Luc on 2010-07-07 05:24 ]

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-07-07 05:50   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 05:17, Diep Luc wrote:
@Kaoschan: It's nice to know that you support this feature. I'm amazingly excited to get Sip or Mandi and pop your extractor. Not only me and not only you.

Love you too Diep <3

come and get me, but wait .. there is no icc in sag anymore ... boring eh?

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Stevefin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 06:15   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 05:15, BackSlash wrote:
We're trying to force players into smaller ships. Players seem to think they're entitled to fly a station or dread at all times due to having the rank for it. This is not so.

Forcing people is not the way to go. it creates too much conflict, instead people should feel drown for the smaller ships. The harrier and missle frig's sparrows where the closest ships recently to draw people away from the larger ships, cause of their new anticapital ship role. but those who refused to get into a destroyer and lower to counter the threat (I am looking at you UGTO) They whined and complained like spoiled brats, Face it...that is what it was.

The res deducter puts two of the factions at a downfall if one controls the entire sever. They only have one place to spawn now, their home cluster. and once they do finally cap a SY in the main sever, the moment it can be at use the dominate faction would have had time to plan, orginize and eliminate with supior ships and most likely players.

but than you ask, why not show up in frigates and below? they are free at the gate.
1. Most people do not have the room to spawn a frig, esp the higher ranks
2. Numbers, they have the numbers and 9/10 they have 2x more capital ships than you have players + other ships and the small ships can only do soo much than. and as said before, the sparrows are pretty useless now.
3. most likely your entire faction quit in frustration after hard work of getting that SY planet back up and bringing in ships of those who where not their during the attack...hours of work with this new patch flushed down in one clean sweep.

There are more points, but 3 will do
[ This Message was edited by: Stevefin on 2010-07-07 06:16 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Stevefin on 2010-07-07 06:17 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-07 06:20   
I'm fine with this aspect of the new patch. It helps to reduce dread station spammage. I was still able to pull out a dread, and if I can't, then cruisers.

Got rank and can't fly dread? Boo hoo hoo. Grab a cruiser or dessie then.

This makes defending your turf vital. You NEED to defend your Terran worlds, and build up either mining/resource worlds and defence worlds and starports to move res around. Extractors? Forget them. Just use trannies to move things around.

And if you got a problem in Sag, then launch them from your home systems and get across the transfer gates.

But since the whining seems about ready to go through the roof, may I suggest the spawn requirements be reduced to say.... 15% of actual ship cost instead?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-07-07 06:21 ]

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-07-07 06:42   
ok here we are i got killed cant spawn near a planet with depots spawned at gate got killed by a station went and fixed up a few planets to makes res gone to have a break. come back someone has scrapped all my mines and added def and used all hte res i had minned already all good stuff

Email Steveyk
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 07:51   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 04:28, Continuum wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 04:24, *Steveyk* wrote:
This system hasnt ben in place 24hours yet and alrady i couldnt spawn cruiswers at most of the sy planets. fab just fab i already spend enuf time minnung planets after ppl changing armour and weps etc. So did i spend all my time playing to gain rank to spend most of my time in a extractor and a dessi?

You have a rediculously high rank to be complaining about not being able to gain rank because you're always extracting.

Hell your rank is so rediculously high, the only thing in the world you should complain about is how stupidly easy it is to gain rank.

This development will make it harder to gain rank.

QQ away...

-JBud
[ This Message was edited by: Continuum on 2010-07-07 04:30 ]

And with the high rank comes the biggest ship,. standdown all Stations when steveyk is online,. its respect

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 07:56   
Hey guys check it out, you just got a reality check.

See, Darkspace I'm pretty sure was never intended to be played as:

- Spawn station

- Die

- Spawn again

- Die

- Repeat infinitely.

No. It wasn't. You're a complete, utter, something crazy wrong in your head to justify this. This game isn't supposed to be played like you're in Katamari Damanci and your station is just a giant ball sucking up resources as a phenominal rate.

So here's the deal. You can't infinitely spawn big ships. They cost alot of resources to keep churning out. Sure, you can take out one or two maybe, but keep dying and that resource pool is gone.

So here's a hint: Don't waste resources.

Secondly, cruisers and below cost such an infinitely small fraction of the cost of dreadnaughts and stations that you can get away with spawning alot of them. So check it out. You have two options:

1. Fly a Dreadnaught or Station, and don't die for long periods of time.

2. Get a cruiser.

Which since every retarded person above the rank of VA that has played for over a year seems to think, is just freaking blasphemy. The sense of entitlement to big ships is as sad as it is ridiculous. I really do hope those people quit, maybe the game won't suck with so much QQ that they can't spawn infinite station fleets.

Lastly, you might want to think about building something other than pure defense planets. I'm pretty sure the resource system will get a boost somewhere along the way, but you might want to start heading up it now.

You can decide to build entire mining planets for this purpose with a few defenses. Its not like it matters too much anyways - even full defense planets aren't hard to capture so I don't know why you'd QQ about a few less. This is just an argument to excuse your laziness.

See, thats what it is. Laziness. Thats what all this QQ is. You don't want your ship hard to get. You want it NOW. You are like a child who doesn't get his candy immediately or he will just HOLD HIS BREATH LIKE THIS UNTIL I PASS OUT QQ. Thats sad. You don't want to play the game any other way than YOUR way and everyone has to play by this way or its just not worth playing anymore.

Well reality called and said that this isn't the way anymore. Deal with it.

-Ent

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 08:05   
We can probably up the planet storage slightly and increase mine rates to reduce the wait between ships slightly. But we won't make it pointless, as the entire idea behind this change was to encourage small ship use, since the infrastructure needed to sustain frequent spawning of capital ships (dreads/stations) creates a weakness in a faction's planets. Its all trade offs.

Email Shigernafy
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 08:20   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 08:05, Shigernafy wrote:
We can probably up the planet storage slightly and increase mine rates to reduce the wait between ships slightly. But we won't make it pointless, as the entire idea behind this change was to encourage small ship use, since the infrastructure needed to sustain frequent spawning of capital ships (dreads/stations) creates a weakness in a faction's planets. Its all trade offs.

To be honest, you guys should have redone the planetary economies before doing this. As well as redone the metaverse.
[ This Message was edited by: Leopard on 2010-07-07 08:22 ]

Goto the website of Novacat
Schroedingers Gun
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 08:26   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 04:45, *Steveyk* wrote:
Quote:

This is what happens when people ignore the requirement of mining planets and decent resource infastructures.

unless you go crazy with the mines and factories at the expense of defence the planets cant keep up with demmand of only a few ppl oline spawning

planet clusters, so one is a Res planet the others are defence planets

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-07-07 08:40   

I spent YEARS gaining my rank and that doesnt "entitle" me to fly what I want when I want??

far as Im concerned,change the ranks for ships.

no matter what you do,someone is going to complain.

Its human nature.

And yes.I do a lot of it .

Because some of the changes were just plain bad.

But,thats My opinion and I know,yours differs and as a dev it counts and mine as a player doesnt.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
DufasRufas
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 08:44   
There are some of us that don't mind using small ships. I am a team player, and if I'm playing on the hooman side my preferred ship is actually the ICC Heavy Cruiser. I also don't have a problem flying the dictors, or even grabbing a scout and making life hell for some kluth by stacking them with beacons. (shhhh! I didn't tell you that beacons realllly piss us off!)

Cheers on making it so people cann't endless spawn dreads/stations. But I believe that if you have an ALREADY created ship inside your garage it should take zero planetary resources for you to spawn it.

If someone fills their garage with nothing but stations, so be it. Those stations will get worn down and are slow to move from place to place. Once they have broken those stations, that players penalty is having to take eons to repair them all up.

Meanwhile, those that are smart enough to stock their garages with a myriad of different ships can jump into something smaller once their one or two stations/dreads (being optimistic on people keeping a variety in there garage), and go fight some more, with very quick repair times for those smaller ships when they get damaged/blowed up.

Or, if they already fly smaller ships and run into a situation where a bigger ship is more beneficial to the fleet they can jump into that.

Why should there be a possibility that I cann't spawn something at an unblockaded SY that I have used both credits to upgrade, and lots of time to be able to fly, because planetary resources aren't there that were already consumed when the ship was first built?

If you say there weren't any consumed because it just came out in this patch, I say reset everyone's garage and refund the enhancements installed and let them mine for each individual ship....as long as they don't have to pay the cost time and time again every time they want to spawn it.
[ This Message was edited by: DufasRufas on 2010-07-07 08:47 ]

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 08:46   
Quote:

sadly thats because people keep slaping defences on planets

plus mining planets are easy to destroy just set inf to raze and drop on a mine and poof.

i don't care i don't build anymore plus i can spawn my ships from gates

i agree with the increased resource storage idea :

but 8 mining beams on a extractor? last time i checked those used e

going to ask then for extra generators

heres the kicker then icc could just swap them out and fly arround in extractors with 4 layers of shields each side would be funny.

[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-07-07 08:49 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-07 09:20   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 05:17, Diep Luc wrote:

Shall we ask for 8 mining beams on extractor, and mining enh? Oh, this is the ego that extractorS should be kept in garrage instead of dreads and stations.

Last time I checked build drone enhancements also increase mining speed.

Quote:

On 2010-07-07 07:56, Enterprise wrote:
Hey guys check it out, you just got a reality check.

See, Darkspace I'm pretty sure was never intended to be played as:

- Spawn station

- Die

- Spawn again

- Die

- Repeat infinitely.

Yes, I'm fairly sure there's something wrong with one person spawning a station at a gate surrounded by 6 Kluth dreads and dying in seconds, then spawning a new station at a SY, docking, and respawning from that gate surrounded by 6 Kluth dreads again only to die in seconds, then repeating the spawn at SY/dock/respawn from gate process 20+ times until the Kluth GOT BORED AND LEFT all because he was still gaining pres.

No, I am not exaggerating.

Quote:

This sounds reasonable, 2-3x the mining rate for mines would help, and maybe 25% more resources on planets.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 09:35   
Quote:

I have a question: why can mantle built at 70 tech, and only function at 70 tech while variance built at 80 tech and function without tech? Remove the tech require to working would be nice.
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 05:15, BackSlash wrote:
We're trying to force players into smaller ships. Players seem to think they're entitled to fly a station or dread at all times due to having the rank for it. This is not so.

Quote:

On 2010-07-07 08:40, Fatal Command (CO) wrote:
I spent YEARS gaining my rank and that doesnt "entitle" me to fly what I want when I want??
far as Im concerned,change the ranks for ships.

Clearly the developers are pointing this patch applied to prevent players habit, considerd players' mistake. Am I incorrect?
Why has DS become dreadspace and stationspace? There are reasons:
  • Easy earning prestige via combat.
    It took me weeks to earn small pres via building, bombing, jumping, repping to get Admiral cause I dislike fighting. But another player play less time than me, spend most time fighting and get promotion earlier.
  • Easy requirement to get ship.
    The only requirements to get UGTO SS and Hive is "FA". roflolmao
    There are platinum badges, applies them to stations and dreads. Privateer should be on more ships.
    What is Marshal and Chief Marshal for? Only to block planet? Why not let Marshal and Chief Marshal be the rank to get station since station.
  • Pres loss is small.
    Die in station only lose 200 pres, don't forget kamikaze points. Then why not spam station when I almost earn 1000 pres before I die? And if I die in station, other players earn supply pres. If I die in frigates, I just spawn new one.
    I observed a totally new player get des in the very first hour via combat, and although he died, he get promotion thanks kamikaze.

Are players decide all these reasons?

I agree with Command, we have playing a lot to gain higher rank, so to have oppotunity to get bigger ship. Where is the point to get Grand Admiral if most of the time you fly in frigates? And where is the point to build SY on several planets when most of the time you spawn at gate?

A red single station or dread is not a threat to any faction, nor it's the decisive ship in the battle. All ships are powerful all linked to the numbers. Necrotic once said that 3 scarab destroyed 1 LS, and UGTO almost quit MV if Kluth spam the MV with beaks.

Also, I want to notice that from now on, launching ship at SY can be a secret way to sabotage: killing all the res without making attention to the faction.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028150 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR