No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Failed to connect to GameCQ Server.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author Failed to connect to GameCQ Server.
Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:01   
side note....

http://www.palestar.com

then

http://palestar.com
palestar.com

one connects and the others do not? O_o

ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:11   
Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar ?!

Email ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:19   
Since the server is pingable I'm betting they are experiencing an appet issue on the box. Unless they have that process monitored/alarmed we could be waiting for a while.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:20   
well they get money for a reason fix the stupid things alrady lol

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:24   
Well I have not bought in yet and was lured in by the Free Play to Rear Admiral Email. I have no right to be pushy since I have no current vested interest.... but if this is how GameCQ is going to be I wonder.....

Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:26   
Quote:

On 2009-10-22 00:24, great budda wrote:
Well I have not bought in yet and was lured in by the Free Play to Rear Admiral Email. I have no right to be pushy since I have no current vested interest.... but if this is how GameCQ is going to be I wonder.....

No worries, I've played for a few years and this is the first I have **ever** seen something like this. I haven't experienced any slowdowns or lag issues, so this is a first. It could be a number of reasons that are out of their control.
[ This Message was edited by: Kefka Palazzo on 2009-10-22 00:27 ]

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:27   
Quote:

On 2009-10-22 00:24, great budda wrote:

this is like a once an awhile thing server normally go down early for restarts this right here happens once in awhile were the servers just crash mainly cause the cahce or whatever tend to get pretty big with lobby campers (i am one myself) it just in a fritz right now it be up and running in about an hour or two witch i will take any day compared to games like wow were the games goes down for no reason at all and be down all day

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:28   
Quote:

On 2009-10-22 00:26, Kefka Palazzo wrote:

No worries, I've played for a few years and this is the first I have **ever** seen something like this

I tried playing about a year ago but it was a very limited demo in which I didn't get enough of a feel to see if I wanted to subscribe. I was lured once again and GameCQ decided it didn't like me and hosed everyone else in the process... lol

Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:28   
Quote:

On 2009-10-22 00:27, Within Temptation wrote:
this is like a once an awhile thing server normally go down early for restarts this right here happens once in awhile were the servers just crash mainly cause the cahce or whatever tend to get pretty big with lobby campers (i am one myself) it just in a fritz right now it be up and running in about an hour or two witch i will take any day compared to games like wow were the games goes down for no reason at all and be down all day

Agreed. I can live with this, though I am starting to experience withdrawal symptoms, myself lol.

Quote:

On 2009-10-22 00:28, great budda wrote:
I tried playing about a year ago but it was a very limited demo in which I didn't get enough of a feel to see if I wanted to subscribe. I was lured once again and GameCQ decided it didn't like me and hosed everyone else in the process... lol

Not bad. I came back recently especially with all the updates they are making. The game is pretty awesome I am still switching factions to experience which I look better. I also resubbed as I've noticed that a lot of work has been put into the game, and I will gladly support it

[ This Message was edited by: Kefka Palazzo on 2009-10-22 00:30 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Kefka Palazzo on 2009-10-22 00:31 ]

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:29   
Quote:

On 2009-10-22 00:27, Within Temptation wrote:

This is a true story....

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:30   
The problem with this though is, is anybody aware that gamecq is down? There hasn't been a post about it from anyone that can fix it.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:31   
Hmm. maby it will be better tomorrow?

Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:33   
Quote:

On 2009-10-22 00:30, MrSparkle wrote:
The problem with this though is, is anybody aware that gamecq is down? There hasn't been a post about it from anyone that can fix it.

Even if they are aware, if the server is down (I did note the palestar.com and http://palestar.com were down-ish), dns errors, or any of the other possible causes (etc), then there may not be much that DS dev's can do, and are probably as confused as we are. One time I had to wait 2-3 hours for my own server to kick back in (even after repeated phone calls to the server support line). I was not a happy camper.
[ This Message was edited by: Kefka Palazzo on 2009-10-22 00:34 ]

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:34   
Since it is a critical app that is client impacting they should have it alarmed so support can research and correct. If they don't it is something I highly suggest.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-22 00:39   
maybe they actually have taken the lobby and stuff down i mean the game even thow there doing updates and have the free event maybe they have decide it just to much work lol

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026276 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR