Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » ICC whats become of it.......?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
 Author ICC whats become of it.......?
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-25 05:10   
UGTO has the most Powerful Broadside.

ICC Has the rear arc, which is usually only 2-3 Rails or Gauss.

The idea of making the weapon stronger is ok but the idea that's been passed around of "Making the damage of Rails and Gauss bigger at long range"

Only flaw with that, it's incredibly hard to hit a moving ship from 700gu+
Provided there making a few adjustments to there steering every 10 seconds.

That's why the shield idea is the favorite, lets us stay in the fight longer and deal the damage, although then we have to scurry back to our hole and recharge them shields for 5 minutes, if the recharge rate isn't altered.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-25 07:06   
Right, my suggestions for a solution...

Totally remove armor from ICC, buff the shields to be on par with UGTO's armor, only allow 25% per arc of shield to be redirected.

either (not both) let supply ships refuel shields on the fly or up the shield recharge to that of a heavy supply when it repairs armor, but ONLY out of combat, with a slight delay of 15 - 30 seconds.

that way ICC can still shove shields around, and go back to being the defensive faction they were designed to be back in beta without making them TO defensive, they dont have to worry about shield recharging draining their energy in combat and they will never be able to use up all their shield arcs when they cyckle it leaving atleast 75% shields on the remaining arcs while not having to much shielding to push to the arc taking damage.

i think this would work rather well.

/edit: only problem no combat recharge would have is when theres prolonged fighting at a planet so having supply ships recharge would be the better option.
[ This Message was edited by: Jar Jar Binks on 2009-10-25 07:10 ]

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-25 07:16   
Quote:

On 2009-10-10 10:57, Coombie wrote:
Quote:

ICC are fine, they just need to be used different from UGTO and K'Luth ships.

I have been trying to make this point to.. but until one part of the game is fixed properly ICC won't be able to get there game back in order..
Since K'Luth is short range, UGTO long range. those factions tend to Jump in close and do dammage.. ICC is a long range faction and it can't counter close range combat unless we have a? indeed a working Interdictor..
Prevent the enemy from jumping in close to your ranks. when you have a buffer of ~800gu between you and the enemy that is perfect for icc weapons.. and when things get tough you can still jump out or jump in to assist your team mates.

Ok this is talking about the past but, i didn't minded nor did manny others to fly the interdictor when Grouping was still in place...

please explain how i hit cloaked kluth with my long range missiles, if anyone even pulls a MD kluth come running to be the one to kill the defenceless thing.

the fact is all factions are short range or wtf do thay put so many beams on icc and ugto, its a game of point jumping ppl.

Icc are definatly not ballanced vs kluth anyone who says thay are dosent play enough to know what thay are talking about.

Icc need their energy boosted.

Quote:
Schild wrote"
Eledore: You have a Jump Drive yourself, too. Use it.

Guy Who Flies AD: Why are you flying an AD? You're the vanguard for the main fleet. Guard your missile units and only swoop in for the kill. "

missile units dont really work vs kluth thay sneek up cloaked and hit you and then recloak i'm sure you know this so why are yu posting sutch retarded dribble.
[ This Message was edited by: Coombie on 2009-10-10 11:22 ]

and i'm gonna go there again K'luth is breaking the balance in this game just by having cloaks. theres nothing anyone can say that will prove it isnt. K'luth were never even on the drawing boards when this game were in beta and were properly balanced.

i still rather see MI being a playable race and having K'luth be the AI faction.

this game just can not be properly balanced as long as one playable faction have a cloak. especially not since one faction so clearly relies on long range.

[ This Message was edited by: Jar Jar Binks on 2009-10-25 07:17 ]

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2009-10-25 07:39   
Quote:

On 2009-10-25 07:06, Jar Jar Binks wrote:

Totally remove armor from ICC, buff the shields to be on par with UGTO's armor, only allow 25% per arc of shield to be redirected.

either (not both) let supply ships refuel shields on the fly or up the shield recharge to that of a heavy supply when it repairs armor, but ONLY out of combat, with a slight delay of 15 - 30 seconds.

that way ICC can still shove shields around, and go back to being the defensive faction they were designed to be back in beta without making them TO defensive, they dont have to worry about shield recharging draining their energy in combat and they will never be able to use up all their shield arcs when they cyckle it leaving atleast 75% shields on the remaining arcs while not having to much shielding to push to the arc taking damage.

i think this would work rather well.

/edit: only problem no combat recharge would have is when theres prolonged fighting at a planet so having supply ships recharge would be the better option.
[ This Message was edited by: Jar Jar Binks on 2009-10-25 07:10 ]

i would force You to play 1 month with this setup ... i bet you will be first one demanding to change it again ...

Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-25 07:51   
[/quote][
On 2009-10-25 07:16, Jar Jar Binks wrote:

and i'm gonna go there again K'luth is breaking the balance in this game just by having cloaks. theres nothing anyone can say that will prove it isnt. K'luth were never even on the drawing boards when this game were in beta and were properly balanced.

i still rather see MI being a playable race and having K'luth be the AI faction.

this game just can not be properly balanced as long as one playable faction have a cloak. especially not since one faction so clearly relies on long range.

[ This Message was edited by: Jar Jar Binks on 2009-10-25 07:17 ]

[/quote]

I kinda agree with that ds would be alot more ballanced with no kluth,
but if we remember back to when every faction would have atleast 1 dictor in their fleet, kluth battles were nothing like thay are now, I know its been said a million times but dictors put a end to the kluth hit and ejump tactic.. and i belive the advantage actualy shifts to the human factions when dictors are involved.
And when grouping get put ingame, there will be alot more dictors flying.

[ This Message was edited by: Coombie on 2009-10-25 08:02 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-25 08:19   
Quote:

and i'm gonna go there again K'luth is breaking the balance in this game just by having strategy. theres nothing anyone can say that will prove it isnt.

i still rather see strategy being a instead of bitching and having players find skill.

this game just can not be properly balanced as long as no one plays with strategy and skill. especially not since I so clearly rely on using no skill or strategy.

Hey Jar Jar, fixed your post broseph.

Email Supertrooper
Light404
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-25 11:38   
Quote:

On 2009-10-25 07:06, Jar Jar Binks wrote:

I know this issue has been going on for a while, but thats not even trying anymore.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-25 12:48   
Quote:

On 2009-10-25 07:51, Coombie wrote:
I kinda agree with that ds would be alot more ballanced with no kluth,
but if we remember back to when every faction would have atleast 1 dictor in their fleet, kluth battles were nothing like thay are now, I know its been said a million times but dictors put a end to the kluth hit and ejump tactic.. and i belive the advantage actualy shifts to the human factions when dictors are involved.
And when grouping get put ingame, there will be alot more dictors flying.

With cloak still having it's bugs (you think you're cloaked but you're not, or you are but are somehow seen anyway, even without being pinged) I think the balance would shift too much to humans. Kluth are most definitely not designed to fly towards targets exposed at sublight speed. That works fine for UGTO who can take a pounding while approaching.

Even when cloak isn't bugged, it's not hard to fire into open space toward where Kluth jumped into the dictor field. But when cloak is bugged it just makes it worse. Even yesterday in scenario I was being attacked by plats and defense bases while cloaked and 0 sig, and it wasn't that annoying extra attack time defenses seem to get after you cloak.

I'm against ship dictors anyway I don't like the effect they have on combat and the standoffs/reluctance they create. I've seen them used way more offensively than defensively, pinning ships so they can be killed etc, and in MV I'm a Kluth that can easily avoid death compared to ICC and UGTO in a ship dictor field so I'm not saying this out of some grudge born of being killed by ship dictors pinning me down.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-26 02:21   
Quote:

On 2009-10-25 08:19, Crim {Pants?} wrote:

Hey Jar Jar, fixed your post broseph.

cloak isnt a strategy. its a "get out of jail free card" that the other 2 factions dont have.

i've been playing K'luth alot lately and i cant remember the last time i felt so safe in battle when i played ICC/UGTO just by knowing i had cloak. whenever i played UGTO and especially ICC i was always forced to be on my toes whenever k'luth were around because there was absolutely nothing i could do to keep them away. and i sure as heck couldn't bring a ship that was needed, because that usually means low to no defenses, and K'luth LOVES those ships...

if i see something i dont like as a k'luth, i just cloak and sail away while waiting for a better opportunity, i dont even have to leave the area.

sure they can ping me, but that doesent really help them a whole lot other then to see where i'm at for half a second. and it sure doesent make me want to go away.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-26 02:58   
IDEA:

GIVE ICC A BUFF. BUFF EVERY darn THING THEY HAVE BY 10%. FIXED.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-10-26 06:57   
my combat dessy whit upgrades
15 armor
15 shields
-2 damage
12 speed
12 thrust

does exeptionaly well against kluth... exeptionaly well as in they cant kill me and i cant kill them........its the best ican hope for as an ICC.... lame

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Page created in 0.029084 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR