- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +1.1 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +7.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » ICC whats become of it.......?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
 Author ICC whats become of it.......?
Light404
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-14 12:38   
How is that people can give advice on how to play ICC when

A) They don't play ICC
B) They don't even understand how the shields work? If you get the differences between active shields and reactive shields wrong in a post, then you don't understand the basics of ICC.

Having said that, Crim your guide is *mostly* accurate with exceptions of you only use the border cruiser if there is NOTHING else you could possible play, The sector command base should only be used if you are out, on your own capping planets, and I'd take the support station over a line station for in your face combat against the enemy any day of the week. 12 it missles do a lot of damage (sabots can also be used effectively), and the 3 repair drones more than make up for any comparitive weaknesses against a line station. Also, a line station will run out of energy in about 3 minutes, whereas a support can go on for significantly longer.

Stations take active shielding, plain and simple, you need the extra HP and a station will be shot so much the regen advantages of reactives will never take effect.

No one with any modicum of experience would equip their ship with just ONE kind of shield, reactives and actives are designed to complement each other, reactives gen energy and you flip that onto the actives where you should be taking all the damage

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-14 13:18   
Quote:

On 2009-10-14 12:38, Light404 wrote:
How is that people can give advice on how to play ICC when

A) They don't play ICC
B) They don't even understand how the shields work? If you get the differences between active shields and reactive shields wrong in a post, then you don't understand the basics of ICC.

I've played ICC for nearly six years now, and it was three AM when I wrote all that. Give me a break and let me mix up shields.

Quote:

Having said that, Crim your guide is *mostly* accurate with exceptions of you only use the border cruiser if there is NOTHING else you could possible play, The sector command base should only be used if you are out, on your own capping planets,

What..? Who in their right mind would take a station out alone capping planets? You need a fleet for that, trust me. I've flown the Sector Command since it was created.
Quote:
and I'd take the support station over a line station for in your face combat against the enemy any day of the week. 12 it missles do a lot of damage (sabots can also be used effectively), and the 3 repair drones more than make up for any comparitive weaknesses against a line station. Also, a line station will run out of energy in about 3 minutes, whereas a support can go on for significantly longer.

It's all personal preference, but I posted what I know best after flying all three of them. The supply station does not have close range weapons, and replacing 12 IT Missles with Sabots does not equal the damage output of a Line Station. And yes, you will run out of energy quickly, but I've lasted far longer then three minutes, you've got to be smart about it. And if you aren't, you have one key thing that every station needs. A support fleet. Never ever go into battle without a support fleet.
Quote:

Stations take active shielding, plain and simple, you need the extra HP and a station will be shot so much the regen advantages of reactives will never take effect.

Again, based off my personal experiences. I've found that reactives work on the non-frontline stations, and on the line at long ranges. And actives work better in close ranges.
Quote:

No one with any modicum of experience would equip their ship with just ONE kind of shield, reactives and actives are designed to complement each other, reactives gen energy and you flip that onto the actives where you should be taking all the damage

Like, active on the aft/fore and reactives on the sides? I don't get what you mean. I think you still think we can take items like shields and weapons and put them in the cargo, and we can't. Mixing up shields this version can lead to alot of problems if you aren't careful, like certain areas of your ship being alot weaker then others, and if your enemy has one day of experience, they'll know how to exploit your weakness.

And again, this is what I've come up with from playing ICC since 2003, and during .483 and .500 when these ships where upgraded.

Email Supertrooper
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-14 13:50   
Quote:

On 2009-10-14 13:18, Captain Crim wrote:

Quote:

Like, active on the aft/fore and reactives on the sides? I don't get what you mean. I think you still think we can take items like shields and weapons and put them in the cargo, and we can't. Mixing up shields this version can lead to alot of problems if you aren't careful, like certain areas of your ship being alot weaker then others, and if your enemy has one day of experience, they'll know how to exploit your weakness.

And again, this is what I've come up with from playing ICC since 2003, and during .483 and .500 when these ships where upgraded.

Basically he means since reactives charge faster you can boost your aft/fore active shields faster.

Personally, I prefer all reactives. Actives may have more HP, but a faster recharge rate means that someone with a hint of dodging experience can keep their shields up alot longer.

Of course, this only best applies to destroyers or cruisers. Use at your own risk.

I've never been a fan of mixing shields on larger ships, because you don't always have alot of control over where you're getting shot at. Play it safe and go 3 Active / 1 Reactive. Thats my vote, you can be fancy if you want to though.

-Ent

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-14 15:21   
I thought ICC being the defensive faction was not only denied by some devs long ago (ICC is not defensive, nor is UGTO or Kluth offensive), but was also made false the moment UGTO got specialized armors.

If we went back to a system where UGTO only got standard and heavy armor, ICC might be the defensive faction again, as I and most others have always thought they were. Shields never seemed to be as useful a defense as the specialized UGTO armor, and that's coming from someone who both used that armor as UGTO and fought against that armor as Kluth.

Light404
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-14 16:22   
Quote:

On 2009-10-14 13:50, Enterprise wrote:
Basically he means since reactives charge faster you can boost your aft/fore active shields faster.

Personally, I prefer all reactives. Actives may have more HP, but a faster recharge rate means that someone with a hint of dodging experience can keep their shields up alot longer.

Of course, this only best applies to destroyers or cruisers. Use at your own risk.

I've never been a fan of mixing shields on larger ships, because you don't always have alot of control over where you're getting shot at. Play it safe and go 3 Active / 1 Reactive. Thats my vote, you can be fancy if you want to though.

Ent pretty much nailed it.

Crim, what I said wasn't necessarily a shot at you and I apologize for it, I've been playing this game since it was first released as well (although I did take a break for a couple years in 2005), but I've seen a lot of people on many a thread trying to give advice on subjects they don't necessarily understand. And note that this statement applies to advice only, if your expessing an opinion that's different. The comment mostly came up because I don't recall one time when I've played with you.

I would never take a sector command (or command carrier) out on my own in sag, thats stupid, but if your on another server (such as proc) then theres no other way to do it; nothing else can bomb, cap, rebuild and repair itself.

Edit: *shakes fist angrily and at reflective and ablative armour* as long as your fighting kluth/icc respectively, bah UGTO can be hard to beat!
[ This Message was edited by: Light404 on 2009-10-14 16:26 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-14 20:11   
Quote:

On 2009-10-13 21:43, Shigernafy wrote:

(just posting that to give Pakhos an aneurysm)

You are so kind. But remember to take a bath everyday if you dont want people get sick while they are kissing your ass and quoting you.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-14 20:39   
Quote:

On 2009-10-14 20:11, Pakhos wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-13 21:43, Shigernafy wrote:

(just posting that to give Pakhos an aneurysm)

You are so kind. But remember to take a bath everyday if you dont want people get sick while they are kissing your ass and quoting you.

We love you Pakhos

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-15 00:57   
alright i think we are getting someware in this thread, to the people who say icc are totaly ballanced go jump in any icc scout and fly top speed see how long it takes to run out of energy ( keep shields on) this is without even fireing a shot or useing ecm/eccm/scanner

this is just 1 examle of icc energy drain.

dont get me wrong I dont think thay are totaly rubbish but thay do need a Minor energy boost.

ps: stop being mean to Pak:)

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-15 01:01   
Quote:

On 2009-10-15 00:57, Coombie wrote:
alright i think we are getting someware in this thread, to the people who say icc are totaly ballanced go jump in any icc scout and fly top speed see how long it takes to run out of energy ( keep shields on) this is without even fireing a shot or useing ecm/eccm/scanner

dont get me wrong I dont think thay are totaly rubbish but thay do need a Minor energy boost.

Turn cloak on in a K'luth scout, and sit still.

Obvious answer to this is don't go full speed, use the energy you have wisley.

Email Supertrooper
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-15 01:48   
I've always kind of considered ICC Scouts to be some of the most useless ships in the game. I don't think this has ever changed much.

The only Scout worth flying is the UGTO Assault Corvette. UGTO Long-range Scout if you want to be pretty.

Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-15 04:36   
Quote:

On 2009-10-15 01:01, Captain Crim wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-15 00:57, Coombie wrote:

Turn cloak on in a K'luth scout, and sit still.

Obvious answer to this is don't go full speed, use the energy you have wisley.

well the kluth scout can cloak and uncloak very fast makeing it an excelent scout it dosent need to go full speed, i have beaten someone flying a ugto assault scout in a dule with the kluth scout .
you offer sutch out of touch solutions like fly slower, its a scout its purpose it to either fly fast and evade fire or kloak in the kluth case. your answer to everything is you are playing it "wrong", i have no idea why you think you know better than everyone elce but maby you should actualy log in to the server and see how icc ships stack up to their counterparts.

Dilandu
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-15 12:04   
First off, applauding Crim for wasting time writing such a long post.
Secondly, majority of your information are severely Outdated.
I know ur a vet, so I can only conclude you have not flown most of these ships since 1.500 came around.

Before we begin, on so called "long range" combat,
i'd like to eveyone to remember a MAGIC NUMBER: 1000
-nearly 80% of all battles start under 1000gu
-1000gu is how far a dictor stops your ship
-Beyond 1000gu, the only thing that wont be able to dodge a signifcant amount of canon fire is a station (or idle player). the second he start turning, your auto targeting sysm will throw your fire in to a lazy arc (calculating where that ship will be in 10seconds)

Ok, lets break this down.
Quote:

On 2009-10-14 03:42, Captain Crim wrote:
Ugh, here.

Run down of ICC Items, and what they're good for:
Railgun - Long range, energy efficient, and no falloff to damage. Does come with ammo, but that won't matter. Use this at long range, thats what it's best at.

"ammo wont matter", disagree, icc weapon by design do less damg, fire faster, any fight with more than 2-3 engagments u will run out. for the rest, refer to Ent's posts ealier, which i agree with: even a dread can dodge railgun at long range.
FUN Trick: Have a friend fly a dread at 2 gu do the basic Z(zig-zag) pattern, you shoot him from 2000gu away. Guess how much of ur fire actrually hits him? Yah, about 50-65%.

Quote:

Gauss Cannon - Long range, low damage, and the least taxing on energy. You'll get alot of accurate hits here, and you can use them at extreme ranges. Good for sniping targets under ECM coverage.

This is 1.483 stuff. Presently there are NO ships capable of doing sniping with ECM, not even MD with 3 ECMs. You'll get a positive(+) signature, with shields off, AUX gen off and dead still. [your gonna say stealth scouts, and i'll laugh]. Only thing this gun is good for is hiting small ships.
Quote:

IT Missle - The last of the long range weapons to use. Good damage, tracks, and rather low on energy. (Except for the Missle Dread)

All human faction have this, and kluth only needs to cloak to make ALL your missles selfdetonate into nothingness. But that's besides the point:
1.)anything smaller than a dread can dodge missiles. u'll get a 75% hit ratio MAX. [please dont say what if a dumbguy charges me straight, or a runs away straight, or stays stationary like he's got no engines]
2.) Since 1.500, EVERY ship has at least 2-4 Laser/ruptor that can be used for Point def.
3.) Except pure missile ships, the largest salvo ICC ship can throw is what? 4-6 for the Combat dread.
Combine the 3 points above, and you'll find how effective missles are.
NOTE: this is why u see alot HC pilots swaping IT missle for Sabot rockets.

Quote:

PFE Drives - USE THESE ON EVERY SHIP. They give you alot of extra energy you have to have. They'll reduce your speed, but you don't need speed. All you need to know is how to dodge fire using the ICC's better turning speeds.

....sigh. This is giving me stress. While i agree PFE is a nessesary evil. They reduce you speed by 33%, they also reduce you accel/decceleration, reduce you cruise speed (highest speed w/o losing power).
In another words, if your wining, you can't chase you target down; if you losing, you can't get away!

Quote:

ECM - Alright, so why is this important? ICC are a long range faction for the most part. And Missle dreads and sniper ships (Combat Dread, Border Cruiser) are awesome when hidden under ECM firing the extreme range weapons. (Gauss and Missles)

Again Outdated Data, yes in 1.483 u can have ECM MD's and such (i had a MD with 6 ECM and all Psi missiles and AMJD, people literally don't know why they are geting hulled). Yeah try the same thing today. Turn all you engines and generators off, shields off, all ECM on, go sit in a nebula. Fire a salvo off....Positive sig? Ugly enemy dreads jumping u while they laugh? ubetcha!

Quote:

I'm not even going to mess with destroyers and scouts for this, if you can't do anything with them you just suck at Darkspace.

Dessy, yes. Scout, no. why? Scout needs speed, and scout fights lasts a long time. ICC scout dont have the engergy or ammo. (and since they tend to be noobmagnets, skill)

Quote:

Let's start with cruisers:

Heavy Cruiser - This is the workhorse of the ICC fleet. It's the most well rounded ship. I would suggest using active shields on this. They've got slower reload and less energy use, giving you a good bit of energy to use. The heavy cruiser is about long to mid range. What I've seen out of everyone who complains that this ship sucks, it's because they're trying to make it a close range ship. Use the missles and railguns to they're advantage. Railguns have almost as good as damage as Particle Cannons and PSI have, with no falloff in damage. Meaning you get out at a range, and you use it. I've fought in this in .483, and dominated at the job I was supposed to be doing.

This is what i mean, 1.483 data. 1.500 HC is the only passable crusier for the icc. Even at that it does poorly. HC have what? 3 particle cannon forward, 4 to side? same as a Ugto gunboat dressy. At "long to midrange", are your fusion torps and Cl's gonna help u?

Quote:

Border Cruiser - This is basicaly a remodeled version of the .482 Heavy Cruiser, utilizing long and mid range weapons, and even a fighter. I'd change the fighter out for the EWAS when fighting K'luth, trust me on that. Once again, don't ever try and make this a close range ship. It's got long range weapons on it for a reason. And again, use active shields on this for easier energy management.

let me give u one piece of data, AntimatterJumpDrive on a Kluth Dread recharges every 40 Seconds. Human Crusier: 50sec.

Quote:

Assault Cruiser - The hammer of the ICC fleet. Not to be used in long term fights, but when the opportunity to dish out heavy damage to a target in a short ammount of time. Never ever use this ship for more then five minutes in a fight if you aren't a skilled pilot, or you will get your ass kicked. Stay within 200-300gu of your target, and take your shots carefully. Use reactive shields on this, you're going to burn through energy anyways, and the quicker recharge for your shields will help you stay alive long enough to jump away when you've done your job.

FUN trick: Jump in. Fly your AC at 15gu (75% for IE, 100% for PFE), Fire 3 Alpha strikes. Thank u very much, i hope u've enjoyed your AC experience, now run and hope that angry Torpedo Cruiser or Scale dont kill you, while you wait in agony for ur jd to charge. Oh wait, it' not charging? The reactive shield's sucked up ALL your power cause ur getting SHOT at?

1.)OK, let's Slow Down and Turn Off ur shields to save up some energy! ^_^

2.) Um... the TC/scale is gaining on me, i'm runing 100% full out, how come? Oh, yeah, b/c crim told me to swap for PFE's, I can do 15 gu, but the guy shooting me's doing 20gu. OMG even this bloody EAD's gaining on me, OH, his IE lets him accelerate to 15 gu faster!

Quote:

And now for Dreads:

Combat Dread - This is the mainstay of the ICC dread fleet. While it can be used at close range for short periods of time, I wouldn't try it. Keep at a good distance from your target and circle them, this way you can fire the brunt of your ships weapons. You'll have the most cannons and missles you can fire doing this, and trust me, they will hurt what ever your shooting at. Use actives on this, like the HC and BC. You'll have more energy to use in a long term fight, always important.

Ok, I'm sorry for the sarcasim before. If the reader haven't figured. AC was my favorate ship, got abit emotional. Stictly professional from now on. Yeah, CD? Crap. The only dread i can think of that got less armor than you is the Krill, and he's got 7 SIs. As to keeping a good distance and circling: Ugto's got Ablative(-50% dmg), thank god EMP got nerfed(150% dmg to ur shields); and remember what i said about kluth dreads AMJD recharge every 40 sec? Guess how fasts human Dreads charge? a.)1min30 b.)1min 50 c.) 3min d.) It dont matter, too long.

Quote:

Missle Dread - Alright, there are many flaws with this ship, everyone knows it. But there is a way to make it an effective target. Stay 2-3k away from any target, and have ECM on. Deactive your shields if you're quick enough to turn them back on when an enemy spots you. But with ECM on, you should have a rather low sig, or even a negative one. Try and get someone to cover your aft. Use reactive shields for this. Keep them off when you don't need them, and turn them on when you do. This way you can use the extra recharge on shields to hold out until your drive is ready to go.

Again, u obviously have not done this since 1.483. I'm satisfied leting the swam of mandis/eads surounding you, eyeing you hungrily, answer for me, the second u jump in 3k. Oh, how long does it take to charge a human JD?

Quote:

Assault Dread - The big brother of the Assault Cruiser. Never ever use this more then five minutes in a fight either, anything more and you're asking to die. Get in, alpha the hell out of your target, then get the hell out. Thats the ADs purpose, and there is no other way to fly it. Use rective shields, so you can use that extra recharge to save your ass.

This is the ONLY icc ship i use, and you do have this one right, except PFE and Active on this one, all Aux gen, no Aux shield. do not use ur CL unless target is under 30%hull, HCL only. Get either all Condensers or all Armor/shield enhancements. Act like a KLuth dread who forgot his cloaking device, and his jump drive. Fight Oppurtunisticly, run at the first sign of trouble. If cornered, Face you enemy, fight like hell, and die honorablily.

Quote:

And for Stations:

Line Station - This is the combat station. There are two different ways I go about using this. Stay around 10k away from the fight. Far enough to where you might not be a main target, but you likley will be. Send pot shots towards the fight and use the long range weapons you have. Use active for this option, if you're not going to be in the middle of the action this will help you out. For option two, this is where you're going to the mess of it all. Straight into the middle of the fight. You come in with a fleet, never alone, with your guns blazing. Fire at the most important targets here, stations and dreads, let your fleet handle smaller priorities. Use reactives for this option, you'll have the recharge to fall back on. As for all stations, rotate away from the fire coming at you, try and take it on all sections of your ship.

If u have to use a station for icc, use support or sector command, and jsut swam missiles or fighters. Do not, i repeat, DO NOT, ever fly this thing unless all your enemy are cricaly wounded or something punny. Crim, does the ICC Line station have any weapons that will hit an enemy from 10kaway?
one more piece of data before we finish, guess how many Ion cannons does Line Station have facing any one arc? Answer: 4 How many core cannons does the assult dreads for ugto and kluth have? answer: 4
How may core weapons do ugto and kluth Combat stations have? Battle station(ugto): 7 Nest(kluth): 9

But what's the biggest problem for the icc station: It's got SHIELDS!!!
Station are call stations cause they are stationary. They cannt dodge bullets. Reload are the life blood of stations. Reloads dont work on shields.

[ This Message was edited by: Dilandu on 2009-10-15 12:17 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-15 13:55   
To reply to the above post with some pointed criticism/feedback:

In a test, a Missile Cruiser cannot, repeat, cannot hit an ICC Supply Ship if it is flying at ~5 velocity. IT missiles' tracking still is not what I would call satisfactory, so with that in mind, assume most missiles will hit smaller targets. (a few of the missiles did hit the Supply, and by few I mean 3 or so)

You can still ECM Cloak if you do it as a group.
ADDENDUM: Since your best range is ~1700 for Railguns on Heavy Cruisers, assume you'll only be doing this to missile. It is seriously not hard to find a fleet of enemies at that range, even with ECM.

The only ICC Scout with weapons to speak of has enough energy to last in combat for all of ten seconds.

Missile Cruiser is a good alternative. Its missile spam still works against Dreadnoughts and Stations, and somewhat against Cruisers, and a little against everything below.

Border Cruiser, last I checked, has two fighters, beams, and three guns. It does not have long-range weaponry much. It's mostly an EW ship.

Combat Dreadnought has one of the fiercest damage outputs. It is the best gunboat the ICC have.

Again, in a team, Missile Dreads can effectively hide themselves. 3,000gu sounds like a good range for their missiles to reach.

ICC Stations have one plate of armour for the full arc, and one shield in each direction with the possibility of an aux shield gen in each facing.
HINT: ICC Dreadnoughts all have four plates of armour and still full shielding. ICC Stations do not, do not, do not do this thing you call "last in combat". No one in their right mind would fly one without a sizeable support fleet, much less jump one into battle unless it's already clear you've won.

Light404
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-15 18:50   
Bardiche and Dilandu....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your posts should be the be all and end all of everything that is the ICC faction (until they get massively revamped), and they are the only truly accurate descriptions of ICC ships and their uses.
[ This Message was edited by: Light404 on 2009-10-15 21:15 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-16 03:49   
Quote:

On 2009-10-15 12:04, Dilandu wrote:
First off, applauding Crim for wasting time writing such a long post.
Secondly, majority of your information are severely Outdated.
I know ur a vet, so I can only conclude you have not flown most of these ships since 1.500 came around.

Wrong, this is from playing .500, and trust me, I've spent a good bit of time playing.

Quote:

"ammo wont matter", disagree, icc weapon by design do less damg, fire faster, any fight with more than 2-3 engagments u will run out. for the rest, refer to Ent's posts ealier, which i agree with: even a dread can dodge railgun at long range.
FUN Trick: Have a friend fly a dread at 2 gu do the basic Z(zig-zag) pattern, you shoot him from 2000gu away. Guess how much of ur fire actrually hits him? Yah, about 50-65%.

Er, you can hit your shots if you know how to take angles. Which I'm guessing you don't. I've had a great deal of success in any ship firing at almost any other ship and hitting them, with all types of cannons in the game. And ammo doesn't matter if you're smart with your shots.

Quote:

This is 1.483 stuff. Presently there are NO ships capable of doing sniping with ECM, not even MD with 3 ECMs. You'll get a positive(+) signature, with shields off, AUX gen off and dead still. [your gonna say stealth scouts, and i'll laugh]. Only thing this gun is good for is hiting small ships.

Wrong, there are. I've seen it done, and I've done it. This is what we call teamwork. As I said, have teammates help you with this. Sensor corvettes are great for ECM cloaking.

Quote:

All human faction have this, and kluth only needs to cloak to make ALL your missles selfdetonate into nothingness. But that's besides the point:
1.)anything smaller than a dread can dodge missiles. u'll get a 75% hit ratio MAX. [please dont say what if a dumbguy charges me straight, or a runs away straight, or stays stationary like he's got no engines]
2.) Since 1.500, EVERY ship has at least 2-4 Laser/ruptor that can be used for Point def.
3.) Except pure missile ships, the largest salvo ICC ship can throw is what? 4-6 for the Combat dread.
Combine the 3 points above, and you'll find how effective missles are.
NOTE: this is why u see alot HC pilots swaping IT missle for Sabot rockets.

I agree, Missles aren't great, but they're better then sabots on most ships. And most players this version don't know how to dodge missles effectivley, so it isn't hard to land a good bit of what you fire. As for K'luth, theres no problem there. They're using their tactics against ours. And well, most of the time, I've been rather effective with missles. As well as players I've flown with.

Quote:

....sigh. This is giving me stress. While i agree PFE is a nessesary evil. They reduce you speed by 33%, they also reduce you accel/decceleration, reduce you cruise speed (highest speed w/o losing power).
In another words, if your wining, you can't chase you target down; if you losing, you can't get away!

Again, ICC aren't ment to be chasing things down. They're ment to sit at a range and throw things at it.

Quote:

Again Outdated Data, yes in 1.483 u can have ECM MD's and such (i had a MD with 6 ECM and all Psi missiles and AMJD, people literally don't know why they are geting hulled). Yeah try the same thing today. Turn all you engines and generators off, shields off, all ECM on, go sit in a nebula. Fire a salvo off....Positive sig? Ugly enemy dreads jumping u while they laugh? ubetcha!

And no, it isn't outdated. I've done it this version, as have others. Maybe I should write an essay on teamwork so people will understand that to do things like this, you have to have it. Two ECM Scouts can cover several ships.

Quote:

Dessy, yes. Scout, no. why? Scout needs speed, and scout fights lasts a long time. ICC scout dont have the engergy or ammo. (and since they tend to be noobmagnets, skill)

There is no reason to cover both of these classes, because they're pretty straight forward. Most of them aren't offensive or defensive, but serve support roles. If people complain these can't kill a cruiser, they're the problem.

Quote:

This is what i mean, 1.483 data. 1.500 HC is the only passable crusier for the icc. Even at that it does poorly. HC have what? 3 particle cannon forward, 4 to side? same as a Ugto gunboat dressy. At "long to midrange", are your fusion torps and Cl's gonna help u?

HC can fire atleast six cannons on the side arcs, along with it's missles and torps. Meaning you can circle and take angles on your opponent, instead of flying behind them or straight at them. Easier chance for you to dodge, and to make hits. As for the CL's, you really don't need them for anything other then PD. And yes, this is the main cruiser I fly this version. I know it's strongpoints and weaknesses.

Quote:

let me give u one piece of data, AntimatterJumpDrive on a Kluth Dread recharges every 40 Seconds. Human Crusier: 50sec.

And? ICC cruisers, even with PFE, can outrun a K'luth dread. And you'll have enough shielding to handle the one Alpha they'll get off before you outpace them.

Quote:

FUN trick: Jump in. Fly your AC at 15gu (75% for IE, 100% for PFE), Fire 3 Alpha strikes. Thank u very much, i hope u've enjoyed your AC experience, now run and hope that angry Torpedo Cruiser or Scale dont kill you, while you wait in agony for ur jd to charge. Oh wait, it' not charging? The reactive shield's sucked up ALL your power cause ur getting SHOT at?

Learn how to handle your shots. Fire one alpha, then fire weapons depending on where you are. If you're out of the maximum damage range for your CLs, use your torps. If you're within said range for CLs, use only them.

[/quote]
1.)OK, let's Slow Down and Turn Off ur shields to save up some energy! ^_^

2.) Um... the TC/scale is gaining on me, i'm runing 100% full out, how come? Oh, yeah, b/c crim told me to swap for PFE's, I can do 15 gu, but the guy shooting me's doing 20gu. OMG even this bloody EAD's gaining on me, OH, his IE lets him accelerate to 15 gu faster!
[/quote]
You're retarded or something, right? If you have to run for it, stop firing at things and go on the defense. Learn how to make angles to dodge shots, and trust me, while you're running at your max and dodging the shots, they'll be wasting a lot of energy and won't be able to keep it up for very long.

Again, I've done this and seen it done many times this version.

Quote:

Ok, I'm sorry for the sarcasim before. If the reader haven't figured. AC was my favorate ship, got abit emotional. Stictly professional from now on. Yeah, CD? Crap. The only dread i can think of that got less armor than you is the Krill, and he's got 7 SIs. As to keeping a good distance and circling: Ugto's got Ablative(-50% dmg), thank god EMP got nerfed(150% dmg to ur shields); and remember what i said about kluth dreads AMJD recharge every 40 sec? Guess how fasts human Dreads charge? a.)1min30 b.)1min 50 c.) 3min d.) It dont matter, too long.

You repeat alot of the same things, you know? Anyways. The CD has a good bit of defense, thanks to proper shield use and again, making those lovely angles to enemy ships to make your shots and dodge theirs. As for the Jumpdrive thing, that hardly matters. Thinking in a fleet on fleet situation, those dreads likley will be too busy trying to catch cruisers and destroyers that are alittle closer to they're range. You'll have enough time for your drive to charge in a fight. Thinking in a small skirmish, you'll still be able to out manuever any dread that comes out you if you're somewhat of a decent ship.

Quote:

Again, u obviously have not done this since 1.483. I'm satisfied leting the swam of mandis/eads surounding you, eyeing you hungrily, answer for me, the second u jump in 3k. Oh, how long does it take to charge a human JD?

Again, you either orbit a planet with this ship, or come in after the battles started, or have ECM coverage. Theres this word again, teamwork. If people are dumb enough to waste their JDs on you, they'll pay for it when your team plays tag with their ass.

Quote:

This is the ONLY icc ship i use, and you do have this one right, except PFE and Active on this one, all Aux gen, no Aux shield. do not use ur CL unless target is under 30%hull, HCL only. Get either all Condensers or all Armor/shield enhancements. Act like a KLuth dread who forgot his cloaking device, and his jump drive. Fight Oppurtunisticly, run at the first sign of trouble. If cornered, Face you enemy, fight like hell, and die honorablily.

If this is the only ship you use, go play another faction. The AD isn't a mainstay of a fleet, it's the finisher. Should be used sparingly and to finish off a priority target.

Quote:

If u have to use a station for icc, use support or sector command, and jsut swam missiles or fighters. Do not, i repeat, DO NOT, ever fly this thing unless all your enemy are cricaly wounded or something punny. Crim, does the ICC Line station have any weapons that will hit an enemy from 10kaway?

ICs, missles, and fighters. All of these do a good job past that range.

Quote:

But what's the biggest problem for the icc station: It's got SHIELDS!!!
Station are call stations cause they are stationary. They cannt dodge bullets. Reload are the life blood of stations. Reloads dont work on shields.

I both agree and disagree here.
While shields can suck when getting focused on, they're rather awesome when it's just a minimal of shots coming at you. Stations are ships for skilled players, thats why the rank and requirement for these are high. Learn how to rotate the station, and rotate your shields.

Email Supertrooper
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025183 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR