Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » ICC whats become of it.......?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
 Author ICC whats become of it.......?
Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-10-09 10:58   
Well i have returned to ICC where i started playing a few years ago after playing as ugto and kluth in recent versions of DS.
I am saddened by the numbers playing as ICC compared to those with UGTO and Kluth and also the number of new players that try ICC only to move on to one of the other factions and then stay there. Whilst trying all the factions is the best way to try the game and find a home for your particular style of playing it is rather obvious that something is wrong by a/ the lack of vets playing as ICC and b/ the number of new players staying as ICC.
In my humble opinion the ICC "strength" of the shields in no way matches , for example, the kluths cloak and AHR and powerfull close range beams , also it does not match ugto's double armour (and choices of said armour depending on opposition) and emp and flux.
Once the ICC shield has been breached even with rotation the armour may as well not be there and even after emp has been weakened in the latest patch my dread lost all weapons systems at over 90% to a BD.
In my opinion the game needs three active balanced factions giving different challenges to opponents but as it stands this is not the case with only 2 of the factions being viable options.
Sorry for the length of this , it is not meant as a "slander" against what i still think is an awesome game and I just want to get other factions/players thought on the matter.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-10-09 11:27   
Well, From what I understand there used to be a few ICC vets. But that was taken care of not to long ago, So now there is only about two real factions.

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2009-10-09 12:22   
i'm still arround when i feel like playing

Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-09 13:04   
yes i agree icc need some boost, thay are the joke of the mv.
their shield regen or energy drain needs tweeking imho

[ This Message was edited by: Coombie on 2009-10-09 13:05 ]

ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-09 13:56   
shield regen ? that's just how reactive shields are supposed to regen, use active shields if you want better shield regen

Email ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-10-10 04:44   
Reactives regenerate faster than active but are not worth having on all four sectors especially as the size of ship increases.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-10 08:48   
Quote:
In my humble opinion the ICC "strength" of the shields in no way matches , for example, the kluths cloak and AHR and powerfull close range beams , also it does not match ugto's double armour (and choices of said armour depending on opposition) and emp and flux.
Once the ICC shield has been breached even with rotation the armour may as well not be there and even after emp has been weakened in the latest patch my dread lost all weapons systems at over 90% to a BD.

Why should a long-range faction need to match powerful close range weaponry? What's a long-range faction doing engaging enemies at <800gu to begin with?

Shields provide excellent functionality. Especially considering the age old trick of letting armour soak up damage first, then turning on Shields. It lets you win matches of concentrated fire to one particular area, but given your range from the enemy they should miss more than your missiles do, and have such fierce damage fall-off that it doesn't really harm that much.

Armour is pretty solid. If you're losing it too much, consider playing in another way.

ICC are fine, they just need to be used different from UGTO and K'Luth ships.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-10 09:02   
Quote:
On 2009-10-10 08:48, Schild wrote:

I have been trying to make this point to.. but until one part of the game is fixed properly ICC won't be able to get there game back in order..
Since K'Luth is short range, UGTO long range. those factions tend to Jump in close and do dammage.. ICC is a long range faction and it can't counter close range combat unless we have a? indeed a working Interdictor..
Prevent the enemy from jumping in close to your ranks. when you have a buffer of ~800gu between you and the enemy that is perfect for icc weapons.. and when things get tough you can still jump out or jump in to assist your team mates.

Ok this is talking about the past but, i didn't minded nor did manny others to fly the interdictor when Grouping was still in place...

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-10 10:26   
when you fly the interdictor, people stop playing, end of story. ICC shield regen is horribly slow, too slow in fact. needs to be fixed.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-10-10 10:27   
Why should a long-range faction need to match powerful close range weaponry? What's a long-range faction doing engaging enemies at <800gu to begin with?

Err tried using an AD at over 800 gu

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-10 10:42   
Eledore: You have a Jump Drive yourself, too. Use it.

Guy Who Flies AD: Why are you flying an AD? You're the vanguard for the main fleet. Guard your missile units and only swoop in for the kill.

Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-10 10:57   
Quote:

I have been trying to make this point to.. but until one part of the game is fixed properly ICC won't be able to get there game back in order..
Since K'Luth is short range, UGTO long range. those factions tend to Jump in close and do dammage.. ICC is a long range faction and it can't counter close range combat unless we have a? indeed a working Interdictor..
Prevent the enemy from jumping in close to your ranks. when you have a buffer of ~800gu between you and the enemy that is perfect for icc weapons.. and when things get tough you can still jump out or jump in to assist your team mates.

Ok this is talking about the past but, i didn't minded nor did manny others to fly the interdictor when Grouping was still in place...

[/quote]

please explain how i hit cloaked kluth with my long range missiles, if anyone even pulls a MD kluth come running to be the one to kill the defenceless thing.

the fact is all factions are short range or wtf do thay put so many beams on icc and ugto, its a game of point jumping ppl.

Icc are definatly not ballanced vs kluth anyone who says thay are dosent play enough to know what thay are talking about.

Icc need their energy boosted.

Schild wrote"
Eledore: You have a Jump Drive yourself, too. Use it.

Guy Who Flies AD: Why are you flying an AD? You're the vanguard for the main fleet. Guard your missile units and only swoop in for the kill. "

missile units dont really work vs kluth thay sneek up cloaked and hit you and then recloak i'm sure you know this so why are yu posting sutch retarded dribble.
[ This Message was edited by: Coombie on 2009-10-10 11:22 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-10 11:19   
That's like complaining Rock sucks against Paper.

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-10-10 11:22   
Spot on Coombie , i see comments and wise advice from people but where are you in MV , I see coombie and i see point , xtx and nukey NO other regular icc players so unless you play regular and see that there is you and if your lucky one other player i suggest try playing a bit more before hand.

"Guy Who Flies AD: Why are you flying an AD? You're the vanguard for the main fleet. Guard your missile units and only swoop in for the kill. "
- this is excatly my point - missile units rofl this isnt .483 when we had a fleet flying , read the first post = lack of players.

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-10-10 11:46   
Some of that is my analysis - that ICC really isn't all that bad, just different from what it used to be. Biggest difference is that you can't drop into an Assault Cruiser or Assault Dreadnought and expect to do well against all enemies all the time. I disagree that ICC is a ranged faction - it's a DEFENSIVE faction.

I think the issue is just one of perception. Flying an ICC ship that's lost it's shields...it takes a LONG time to get them back such that even after enemies have jumped away, repaired their armor and returned, you're still working on repowering to 100% shields.

So where's the balance? It's somewhere between competing points. Lowering the damage points of shields but keeping the same regeneration would give you the impression they're healing faster - but simply increasing the regeneration given the ability to rotate shields could be too powerful.

I think the real issue is more subtle and it's part of a different game mechanic. Supply Depots drastically altered the landscape for repair of ships - combined with a reworking of ICC units to reduce the total armor actually ends up making armor a superior defensive item...in the context of how the game works, not how an independent ship that flies solo and doesn't go near a depot would be balanced.

If you're assuming that depot armor repair is some sort of nannite based process, why couldn't it boost shield regeneration rates?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028011 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR