No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.5] Bug Reporting - DarkSpace Game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author [1.5] Bug Reporting - DarkSpace Game
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-05 18:19   
Quote:

On 2008-06-05 18:11, Shigernafy wrote:
Re: Parasite

Layouts are determined by a point system, not a number of gadget system. In the case of the Parasite, it has more heavier weapons than comparable ships, and thus gets more points for their use, filling up its quota more quickly. If testing has shown it to be severely gimped compared to its comrades, then that's an issue, but just having fewer gadgets isn't a direct concern.

The piercer, after all, has fewer gadgets still - but it has a dictor, which counts for a lot.

If you want to dispute its usefulness or power, that's fine, but don't just count the number of weapons and consider that a bad thing.

Well, currently K'luth Missiles are absolutely worthless and every ship seems to be going missile crazy and away from using torps, which I thought was the main K'luth weapon (that is, up until now). If missiles are beefed up like I know they are, then I have no problem. But still, the fact remains that the shell has more missile slots than the parasite. Maybe scaling will alter this but I won't be able to compare until the fixes are in place.

[ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ the Rum Loving Pirate on 2008-06-05 18:21 ]
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-06-05 19:15   
UGTO Gunboat Destroyer VS ICC Combat Destroyer

Test #1: Bardiche (UGTO) VS Leviatan (ICC)
Bardiche: Full Pcannons, Sabots VS Leviatan: Full Railguns, AR Missiles.

Minor engagement at mid-range (1000gu). Quick close in, particles and railguns let it rip... I hardly fired 10 volleys of Sabots. Leviatan stayed a fair distance away... Dodged a bit, I hardly dodged. Railguns do about 1~2% damage to standard armor per entire volley, unless I was damage delayed.

Result: Bardiche: 20% damage to front-arc, 8 en used.
Leviatan: 60% damage to hull, 100% damage to shields, 80% damage to armors. No ammo, no energy. Exploded at 40% hull.

Test #2: Bardiche (UGTO) VS Crim (ICC)
Bardiche: Full Pcannons, Sabots VS Crim: Full Railguns, Sabots.

Engagement solely at close-range. Crim dodged a lot: I dodged almost nothing, and performed as a newcomer by staying at his aft in unfavorable conditions, while allowing him at my aft under favorable conditions. (meaning he could fire Sabots without missing).

Result: Bardiche: 30% damage to front-arc, 80% damage to rear-arc. 8 en used.
Crim: Railguns down to 20~30 ammo, Sabots depleted. 50% hull damage, 98% shield damage, 50% armor damage. Exploded at 50% hull.

-------

In short: The Destroyers are far from balanced yet.

------

Additionally, UGTO's Support Station has a minor alignment bug: It can fire ALL SCLs to its right side, all but two to aft and front, and all but FOUR to the left side.

Think some of the right need to be aligned towards the left.

[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2008-06-05 19:17 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-06-05 19:21   
Quote:

On 2008-06-05 19:15, Bardiche wrote:

Test #2: Bardiche (UGTO) VS Crim (ICC)
Bardiche: Full Pcannons, Sabots VS Crim: Full Railguns, Sabots.

Engagement solely at close-range. Crim dodged a lot: I dodged almost nothing, and performed as a newcomer by staying at his aft in unfavorable conditions, while allowing him at my aft under favorable conditions. (meaning he could fire Sabots without missing).

Result: Bardiche: 30% damage to front-arc, 80% damage to rear-arc. 8 en used.
Crim: Railguns down to 20~30 ammo, Sabots depleted. 50% hull damage, 98% shield damage, 50% armor damage. Exploded at 50% hull.

Don't forget to mention, I had no energy either.

Email Supertrooper
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-06-05 19:59   
We can't accurately test atm due to the sync bug - but when it's sorted, we'll come back to this

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-05 21:12   
Quote:

On 2008-06-05 19:59, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
We can't accurately test atm due to the sync bug - but when it's sorted, we'll come back to this

But it's okay for you to weaken K'luth armor/weapons?

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-06-05 21:26   
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 18:19, _x$witchBladex_ the Rum Loving Pirate wrote:
But still, the fact remains that the shell has more missile slots than the parasite. Maybe scaling will alter this but I won't be able to compare until the fixes are in place.

Indeed the Shell fires one missile more than the parasite.
If you think WTF after reading the sentence above here, go back in beta or read the following.

The shell has 7-Psi missiles as default so it fires 7 missiles.
The Parasite has 2-shredder missiles and 2-Psi missile MKII. MKII versions fire two missiles at a time so that makes 6 fired missiles in total.

Given the total numbers:
Shell 2 ruptors 6 psi cannons and 7 missiles. I would say this ship is a medium combat ship, that focuses on missile and cannons.
Parasite 3 assault ruptors, 4 ruptors, 2 elf beams, 2 missiles and 2 missile MKII's. For this ship i would say hit and run ship, first get close and use those ruptors and elfs to dammage and drain the enemy, than move out and use its missiles while relying for other ships to provide close combat. repeat run if needed.

If you think this is wrong, sorry but all ships are getting a overhaul, that includes there function.
Take the UGTO Harrier frigate for example. it has been modified completely.

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore[NL] on 2008-06-05 22:30 ]

Weebee
Marshal

Posted: 2008-06-06 10:28   
The ICC's carrier cruisers rear,left.right armor can be replaced with a pulse beam.

Also the same for the ICC dictors left armor.

[ This Message was edited by: WeeBee on 2008-06-06 10:32 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-06-06 10:45   
Quote:

Also, beginning construction of a platform (targeting open space, clicking a platform-build button) doesn't set your build drones to actually build it. You have to manually target the platform (which will now be underneath the waypoint you set in open space) and then click your build device.

this i think is 'not a bug', not not necessarily also 'by design'. either case it probably wont get dealt with for this version. since this is only an issue with 2 builds (been seen in 482 also) recommended method is to set both builds to separate groups (i use 8 and 9). start building with drone 8, activate 9 on it, turn off 8 and start building something else while drone 9 finishes. or leave both 8 and 9 on and build faster, then move on and repete

Quote:

Neutron bombs still launch at a funny angle, off to the right of the target, and fail to guide to the target. All bombs, in fact, launch at a funny angle, but MiRVS home in so it's less noticeable.

can someone re-verify this? this was reported and marked as fixed on may 7th

Quote:

Finally, devices bound to number keys seem to forget their assignment when you logout or change ships. Admittedly the entire game was running a bit strangely when I noticed this, so I shall attempt to reproduce it more scientifically when my connection isn't being awful.

also been reported, might not acutally be fixed for the release

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-06-09 11:46   
Thanks Doran.

RE the build thing, I've just been building on a planet (in both this case and the previous one, with a command dread), and the same thing's happening. Somewhat more annoying, since you have to flip between F3 and normal view to get anything done.

Also just tested bombs. both mirvs and neuts now launch at the correct angle, but neutron bombs will not guide after a moving target, whereas mirvs will. Tested by launching at a point in space and moving the aimpoint while bombs were in mid-flight. It seems that firing at moving planets produces some odd behaviour for bombs, since mirvs will be launched at an angle to intersect the target, but will then guide directly towards the target, in a sort of hybrid missile/cannon behaviour. Neuts, obviously, behave like unguided projectiles in these circumstances, although they still seem incapable of hitting precise points.

Also, new bug, RE bombs: Unless something odd is happening with my status display, dropping mirvs on shielded planets either does nothing, or a full clutch of bombs does so little damage to the planet's shields that the display remains at 100%. Of course, neuting the place doesn't seem to have done any damage either, so I've got no idea what's going on.

[Edit] Seems that luthie bombs are just as ineffectual, although they do seem to do some pop damage. Sometimes. Bio bombs seem to guide exceptionally poorly, going nowhere near their aimpoint.

[ This Message was edited by: Gejaheline on 2008-06-09 14:58 ]

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Playing DarkSpace.

Posted: 2008-06-13 04:40   
this is plain wrong a extrator ship shouldnt have the ability to tractor push a station in a planet. they're mass compared its plain not possible

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2008-06-13 10:49   
when taking out my UGTO support station i got this in my display
Ship - UGTO Support Station
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4234/20080618ugtoarmorlg9.jpg

also when jumping the ship is not center in the jump animation, thought it was said it had been fixed but ill report it anyways.
Ship - UGTO Bomber Cruiser
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/7433/20080618junpeffectjs6.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1053/20080618junpeffectso1.jpg
*edit* added better angle picture

** Doran post **
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neutron bombs still launch at a funny angle, off to the right of the target, and fail to guide to the target. All bombs, in fact, launch at a funny angle, but MiRVS home in so it's less noticeable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can someone re-verify this? this was reported and marked as fixed on may 7th

Funny angle has been fixed, the tracking not however. see pics below
Ship - UGTO Bomber Cruiser 2 mirv 2 neutrons.
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8921/20080618bomb01centerplaga0.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9570/20080618bomb02infantrytfs8.jpg

Launching all bombs with the B function at a different target.
Mirv Accept the new target the neutron still try to hit the
previous fired uppon target. *and fail due to tracking*
Ship - UGTO Bomber Cruiser
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/6025/20080618bomb03targetswizr4.jpg

also the Mirv that were on target did NOT damage any target fired uppon.

[ This Message was edited by: Axianda on 2008-06-13 11:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Axianda on 2008-06-13 11:08 ]

[small][ This Message was edited by: Axianda on 2008-06-13 11:13 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Axianda on 2008-06-13 11:14 ]

- Axi

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-06-13 11:39   
Fixed Neutron bombs not tracking.

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-06-13 12:05   
I'm still having problems with the text ingame, nothing shows up properly just vague blurry letters. Game graphics themselves appear fine, just can't read anything. Have tried changing the alpha fonts section in ds setup, have updated my video card drivers, can't seem to get it fixed?

Video card: Raedon X1650 256 Meg
Win XP Pro SP2

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-06-13 12:15   
Quote:

On 2008-06-13 12:05, Rae wrote:
I'm still having problems with the text ingame, nothing shows up properly just vague blurry letters. Game graphics themselves appear fine, just can't read anything. Have tried changing the alpha fonts section in ds setup, have updated my video card drivers, can't seem to get it fixed?

Video card: Raedon X1650 256 Meg
Win XP Pro SP2

Are you sure youre just not running the game at a resolution that isnt properly supported by your monitor or isnt in the same aspect ratio?

[ This Message was edited by: Leviatan on 2008-06-13 12:16 ]

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-06-13 17:43   

Quote:

Are you sure youre just not running the game at a resolution that isnt properly supported by your monitor or isnt in the same aspect ratio?

No, I tried everything from 800x600 16 and 32 bit colour and up, and nothing would change. I've always used 1024x768 32 with no problems til now.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031179 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR