No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.5] Bug Reporting - DarkSpace Game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author [1.5] Bug Reporting - DarkSpace Game
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-03 01:24   
Siphon, EAD, and AD still have power issues, and need atleast THE VERY least need 1 or 2 more Aux Gens, Cloak Bug is still there...as i was cloaked and the tractor beams were still engaged -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-03 06:54   
Quote:

On 2008-06-03 01:24, GothThug {C?} wrote:
Siphon, EAD, and AD still have power issues, and need atleast THE VERY least need 1 or 2 more Aux Gens,

They're meant to have power issues if you keep mashing the spacebar.

HCL's and Core weapons eat up a lot of energy.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-03 08:56   
ECM, ECCM, scanners still not doin their job.....tried to use ECCM earlier, couldnt.....and also dont know if this is a bug or not...but isnt the AD supposed to have 6 Ion cannons instead of 3?

Email GothThug {C?}
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-03 09:03   
one ion gadget fires off two ion rounds....Dunno if that is meant for six ions now.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-06-03 10:06   
Quote:

On 2008-06-03 08:56, GothThug {C?} wrote:
ECM, ECCM, scanners still not doin their job.....tried to use ECCM earlier, couldnt.....and also dont know if this is a bug or not...but isnt the AD supposed to have 6 Ion cannons instead of 3?

They're meant to have three - I have no idea where you pulled six from.

Also, ships don't make up for poor skill (like the ED/PD).

What's the problem with ECCM?

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-03 12:18   
The ECCM wont turn on when i push the hotkey shortcut...neither will the ECM

Email GothThug {C?}
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-03 13:07   
The problem with ECCM/ECM appears to be that the gadget will not fire - it does not glow green like it is ready to be activated.

Swapping gadgets don't work. Only Scanner appears to work.

Armor Plates (all 3 kinds) glow green, like they are able to be activated like a gadget, but nothing happens when you click on them

Standard armor, when spawned on a ship, has a difference gadget icon then swapping it from ablative or reflective (has the old double layer Heavy Armor icon)

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-03 13:19   
The aux shield gen cannot receive or give shield strength to other shield gadgets

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-06-03 19:11   
in the Brood when i switch the ahr too chitonous there is no repair process too the armor. when i flip the chitonous armor back too ahr the ahr stays at zero also. (while orbiting a planet wit depots).

hope thats a little more sensible too make out backslash. Waz chattin too a coworker when i posted.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-03 21:37   
ECM/ECCM/Scanner will not work on support station
Fighters Explode when you ask them to come back
Shift+Y works when you Shift+H and target yourself (dont know if thats intentional)

Severe Graphics Lag when you close up on the station

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-06-03 22:19   
Quote:

On 2008-06-03 19:11, Thuggie wrote:
in the Brood when i switch the ahr too chitonous there is no repair process too the armor. when i flip the chitonous armor back too ahr the ahr stays at zero also. (while orbiting a planet wit depots).

hope thats a little more sensible too make out backslash. Waz chattin too a coworker when i posted.

Ah - depots weren't working - they should be in the next build (might be 24 hours from now).

[edit]
Depots are now working.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-06-03 23:04 ]

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-06-04 19:11   
Beam weapons dont seem to be synchronized properly.

Or sometimes it just refuses to apply the damage, tested with a battle dread against a platform firing only and only lasers.

For a long time. It seemed like the problem only started to appear after a few volleys.

I just went to see and can confirm that the problem is prevalent across all beam weapons.

Reproduction steps:

Build any platform to act as a guinea pig.

Take any ship with a lot of standard lasers/disruptors and heavy lasers/assault disruptors.

Now fire all beams as a volley, and fire the standard ones immediatily as they are recharged, and see that their damage isnt registering at all.

Video

[ This Message was edited by: Leviatan on 2008-06-05 08:55 ]

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-06-05 05:24   
Can attest that beam weapons appear to cause zero damage. That, or platforms are stupendously tough.

[Edit]In fact, it seems to sometimes apply to cannons, as well. I suspect that this is to do with the desyncing problems, where the client thinks it's in range and can fire, but the server doesn't, and so no damage is applied. Same for missiles and attack craft, which launch unreliably or from places far removed from the launcher but do normal damage to targets if they manage to hit it. [/Edit]

[Edit2]More testing shows that even when synced beam weapons are sometimes not causing any damage. Firing once causes damage, firing immediately afterwards causes no damage.[/Edit2]

Also, beginning construction of a platform (targeting open space, clicking a platform-build button) doesn't set your build drones to actually build it. You have to manually target the platform (which will now be underneath the waypoint you set in open space) and then click your build device.

Neutron bombs still launch at a funny angle, off to the right of the target, and fail to guide to the target. All bombs, in fact, launch at a funny angle, but MiRVS home in so it's less noticeable.

UGTO command dreadnaught HMA button runs away and hides next to the ECCM/sensor buttons when changed to a wormhole device. Goes back to original position when swapped back.

Finally, devices bound to number keys seem to forget their assignment when you logout or change ships. Admittedly the entire game was running a bit strangely when I noticed this, so I shall attempt to reproduce it more scientifically when my connection isn't being awful.

[ This Message was edited by: Gejaheline on 2008-06-05 07:33 ]

[small][ This Message was edited by: Gejaheline on 2008-06-05 12:36 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Gejaheline on 2008-06-05 16:10 ]

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-05 16:59   
1. The K'luth Ultimate Worker Psi Cannons are messed up.

3 are to the left.
1 is to the right.

2. Number of weapon slots for K'luth cruiser Parasite is too few.
Cruisers

• The Parasite cruiser has 13 weapons.
  • Scale has 21.
  • Scarab has 19

Destroyers

• Shell has 15.
  • Drainer has 14.
  • Claw has 15

All destroyers have more weapons than the Parasite?...uh wtf mate? Plus, parasite is designed as a missile cruiser and has less than the Shell. Possibly add 2 to 4 slots of missiles/ruptors to make up for this?

3. The layout of the Drainer doesn't make sense.

• 4 Missiles
  • 5 Ruptors
  • 4 Psi Cannons
  • 1 ELF Beam

Basically, what I gather is that it is now a ranged combat ship, with ruptors and a couple psi cannons for some closed up action. The ELF really does not seem to make sense though. ELF I have always seen for close up and personal fights so you can get an upperhand. But an ELF beam for a ship that really can't do too much up close? Anyway to reconsider the layout?

4. Certain slots shift when you swap items. (Only did this on K'luth ships)
Original Layout

• Scanner/ECCM --> ECM
  • AHR --> Chit Armor
  • Larvae/Tarsus --> Wasp

[ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ the Rum Loving Pirate on 2008-06-05 17:32 ]
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-05 18:11   
Re: Parasite

Layouts are determined by a point system, not a number of gadget system. In the case of the Parasite, it has more heavier weapons than comparable ships, and thus gets more points for their use, filling up its quota more quickly. If testing has shown it to be severely gimped compared to its comrades, then that's an issue, but just having fewer gadgets isn't a direct concern.

The piercer, after all, has fewer gadgets still - but it has a dictor, which counts for a lot.

If you want to dispute its usefulness or power, that's fine, but don't just count the number of weapons and consider that a bad thing.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018221 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR