Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Stop The Flux.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Stop The Flux.
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-15 17:46   
ICC uses flux no more and no less than the other factions. Pimp isn't the only GTN member that uses/used more that 2 flux waves. I'd I have to agree the weapon is a crutch for the unskilled, IMHO.

Since I have returned I have yet to use flux. I've never used more than 1 ELF and at most I have had three EMP cannons on a ship, most of the time it is only two. I always laugh whenever flux is used but I won't use it, I can do just fine without it.

Even funnier is, and I do believe almost every active player knows my stance on flux, I will get /t say you/your side started it. Some of the justifications from all sides in game are down right pitiful.

It will be a sad day for many a people when their crutch is taken away

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-15 18:28   
Correction, Azreal.

DS had a wonderful community.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-15 19:08   
Ah. I stand corrected.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-15 19:28   
Well this is depressing...

I used to flux in Flux MDs before the patch. I thought it was an original idea, and flux wasn't as powerful back then either...I wonder why I used it..maybe I overestimated it's potential back then..anyways, I don't flux now, and if we don't stop pointing fingers, and using flux to fight flux, this will just keep going on forever...until beta, that is...hopefully sooner....

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-15 20:15   
Quote:

On 2005-06-15 17:43, Azreal wrote:
4. Face it, some people have no skill and NEED to flux.

which is why i like my sups, modded engie sups in particular

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-16 02:31   
This is what happens when Backy doesnt keep the fluxers in check...

On a serious note, it only shows that people who use mass fluxing, have no skill whatsoever, and do not want to work for their prestige. They want the easy way out...and theres no denying it, who would want to use skill to kill an enemy, when you can hit one button and BOOSH, enemys disabled/dead....Oh yeh...thats right...only a handfull of people.

Anything over two flux imho, is lame. Even two flux is pushing the limits, I used it ONCE on my dictor, and it was over kill for anything that came into my range, even though I had no weapons.

Using flux, and it doesnt matter if "OMGZORLOLKATZE!!!!!! HE DID IT FIRST, just shows that you have NO skill, in playing this game. I dont care if your ranked 32nd (I dunno who's 32nd...), or whatever...I dont care if you've been playing this game longer than anyone else....

Using it, just shows, to everyone...that you have NO skill, in playing this game, disabling a ship, and destroying a ship. You do it to WIND people up, you do it to ANNOY people, and what really gets my goat is, no matter if people get ANGRY about it, you still do it, because you think its funny that people get angry about it.

I still think that people who mass mount it (beyond belief) are a bad influence on everyone, and make this game so unwelcome to many people. I myself, have lost count of the amount of times I've loged off because I simply cant be bothered to fly against *insert flux players name here*.

Having said all this....beta will be out in the future, and it will be fixed, and there ARE ways to defend against flux. I can do it, so why cant all of you. Play the game from a distance, use speed, and tactics. Dont submit to using flux just because another person is using it.

Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-16 09:14   
i like being fluxed think of the challenges it imposes,,,,,,,,fighting to get to stay alive,,,,,,,,, struggling to escape death,,,,adrenalin rush keeping them from a easy kill

can you feel the suspense of combat

can you feel the determination to live

can you feel the struggle for survival {as your system fail and begin flashing }

can you feel the adrenalin {as you try to repair critical systems,,,,,(jumpdrive)...,,ect}

can you feel the desperation {as you call for help while your high credit modded ship is burning and spouting fire

can you feel the drama {as the same high credit modded ship explodes and the fool pilot rushes madly to the chat forum to yell about being fluxed by the evil monster flux boat that he could have use tactics to defeat

i reserve all movie rights to this script

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-16 10:03   
I went through the flux cycle. hating fluxors, briefly becoming a fluxor, and now hunting them with ease. Fluxing is cheap and all, but once you see that a fluxor has used his weapon, you are free to kill him with impunity.

On a side note, it is really fun to put 5 flux and 5 elf on a claw. Most players I know, myself included, have no regard for pres gain/loss; the goal of a 5flux/5 elf claw is to simply be a pain in the enemies behind.

My first time using flux was after Mousey used a flux MD to cripple an injured Siphon I was flying and then Bito jumped in and finished me off, I was so mad that I went and made the 5flux/elf claw. Revenge was sweet that day.

Also I am less offended by flux when the fluxor is greatly outnumbered. It seems if ever there were a good time for a flux, that would be it.

Yitram
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-16 10:13   
Ok everyone keeps saying "Everything is fixed in Beta." "Go play Beta." Beta this, beta that, beta beta beta. With all due respect to Faustus, when will beta go gold? And don't give me the Two Weeks crap. While all this great stuff is going to go into beta, we are still stuck with all the problems of this version: lag, overzealous use of flux, sy bug, jump bug, and random other bugs that I can't think of at the moment. New players who come to this game don't see beta, they see the current release. Some of these are issues that need to be addressed NOW, not in two years when beta will come out, but now. I simply feel that we shouldn't have to wait until this complete overhaul and change to the ships and combat and system setup is balanced out and works as advertised to get these smaller, but still important issues fixed as well. I think many ppl would be happy with a patch that fixes the lag, the flux issue and the various bugs present in the current release. After that, hen we can go about redoing this ships, and the addition of the level system and all the nifty features being touted in beta. I fully expect to get either competly ignored, or massively flamed over this post, but I had to get this off my chest.

Email Yitram
Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-16 10:21   
heres my low down on flux 1) have i been fluxed YES.. i am the type that finds challenges in situations(such flying a tranny at a ugto dred that was hamering one of our station ,,,did i die yep sure did but they cant say i didnt try,,,,i was trying to sd on top of him )

I am a true believer you can find a tactic that will be effective against any enemy and any configeration you just got to be willing to adapt to the sitiuation and use skills and tactics

Yitram
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-16 10:36   
Eagle: The station you were referring to wouldn't have been me would it?

Email Yitram
Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-16 10:40   
probably i didnt have any thing to try to help effectivly so i tried to sd on the ugto dred (make a uber tranny i might of had a chance

West9 *mmm Pie*
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-19 06:52   
Its a fact...ICC are starting to become known for having atleast 2 or 3 ships in huge battles that are for the sole use of fluxing, ppl call em flux boats, and it cannot be disputed...the facts are there in every battle between the ICC and UGTO, I myself am a flux user, my EAD is always equiped with one flux, and a mix up of torps... BUT most people do say things like "I only flux when im gettin away..." That, in most cases maybe true, but the ICC know it, and the UGTO see it, that the ICC are becoming blatent abusers of flux...End of....

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-19 07:12   
You make it sound like you uggies are innocent... well holy banana, every BD i have come by has carrier flux, airwolf carriers flux, and they flux us before we eve intend to!

If UGTO fluxes any ICC, you obligated to get a flux MD chasing you, and then its a bit too late to cry that youre oh-so innocent.
What i see is that 1. some ugto comes, and fluxes an icc guy. 2. icc get flux boats for revenge. 3. ugto whine in boards that icc came and fluxed(which is total BS, you flux us first everytime i have seen it.......)

I got tired of Airwolfs fluxing on the other day and modded a flux md to get my revenge, and they went all pissy and complainin... as if they didnt do anything.........

so youre not any better when you come and flux us and then complain how lame we are when we flux back..

remember to treat people how you want them to treat you~~

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-19 08:04   
Ok seriously people you need to stop this crap.

Flux, just like everything else in the game will be used, face it.

I hate it and disagree with it as much as the next person but honestly, grow up.

Every faction use's it, so dont start pointing fingers at the other guys.

Who remembers Beta? the EMP Wave that came on Interceptor frigs as standard, goddamn that thing was powerful, except it killed hull, because system damage didnt exist, and viola, it was removed.

Then it came back in, except it was renamed and damaged systems instead, face it, flux is here to stay.

Yes I agree that its an unskilled weapon to use, and yes I do agree its lame to fill a Dread with the things, but to put a point back to all the whiners, maybe you are no less skilled as you seem unable to keep outside of the 250gu flux range.

Chew on that one for a while.

And in the mean time, just quit complaining about it and find a way to deal with it, its honestly not that hard.

In other news, Backslash smells like pickled herring.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022275 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR