Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Stop The Flux.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Stop The Flux.
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-15 09:36   
~i dunno...

~last night i sure seemed like i was taking more friendly flux than from the icc, at one point it was just my tc and dominator's mc that didnt have atleast one flux. and xplisit flying around in his flux boat...

~not saying icc's any better, default assumption is all MDs are flux boats untill they start spitting torps or missiles (credits to the guys in cd yesterday that acutally had missiles). i do have a screenshot of a certain icc player dropping a flux dread on a frigate while said frigate was logging though... if thats not overkill its time to write a new definition of the word.

~i put 2 flux on my BDs when i have one, because well.. its a bd. what else are you gonna do with those 2 front torps..? but those 2 flux are rarely used because if im in combat with a dread of any sort you can bet theres friendlys in close proximity (and i try to keep the FF to a minimum). did make a flux boat out of a missile cruiser, which lasted untill i found out how much it sucked (partly the pilots fault im sure), am torps turned out to be a better option

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-15 10:06   
Quote:

On 2005-06-15 02:35, Crimson wrote:
...and we do not frown apon it.

I do.

And those torps on the BD can actually be pretty handy.

Email Bobamelius
Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-15 10:23   
I really don't get fluxxed all that much, by either icc or luth. Really it's rather rare. Maybe it's just that I know when to keep distance from a flux md. Also when I do get fluxed, I'll NOT get a flux ship, but just jump out and then not give them an opportunity to flux again (by sticking at distance and torping, generally gets them in a different ship). TBH I'm getting nuked far more often than flux, which is perfectly legit (though far more annoying, especially as it's usually lag-nuke-broken jd-bugger).

Also I keep no flux on any of my ships except for my station, and that was only after Azreal parked under it in a scarab next to a depot and just kept nuking me. Not letting THAT happen again :/

Even then it's just two. And if you do get fluxed, you know it's because you came to me

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-15 10:42   
YAY! Another Flux whine.

Okay this is what I hate about FLux whine in the MV. I have been getting people saying that I use flux and that it sucks blah blah. Well folks you must understand that EMP cannons and EMP mines do a lot of system damage if you come right at me.

An AD at close range peals armor off like sandblaster on bad paint. Then those EMP knock out your systems and you whine away.

Do I have flux, hmmm sometimes and most likely just 1. Yet it seems like people think that you have all FLux or something and that's just not true.

Well I have been thinking about moding a flux MD for the experience of it. But only because I never use them. So if you do see me using a flux boat its just to get it out of my system ( and to show you what a REAL lotta flux can do). Also this is just to get back at those UGTO flux boats that jump in on me and flux away.

Rant over...

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-15 13:00   
crim you flux also

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-15 13:21   
Smokey, I do not have flux on ANY of my ships. I'll take screenies of em and show you if you dont believe me.

Down with teh fluxoring!!!

Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-15 13:50   
dont worry about the tech a faction uses just learn tactics to avoid or be effective against them

RonZo *FC*
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-06-15 13:51   
Flux is an amazing weapon. There are many wayz to stop a fluxer. thats why u got to be a good damn pilot. If they flux ya u flux them harder with no mercy... i like to flux sometimes, thats the key.. sometimes its normal to flux. Otherwise if u use it always u can be named FLUXER. DAMN FLUXER lol

Lets find a way to neutralize flux, chose ur right ship, and drive like a deamon!

Good luck ! (y does DS dont take out flux?)

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-15 14:43   
I really wish people would stop bringing up threads complaining about the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again.

We know it's a problem, and we intend to correct it.

So now with the dreaded B word: Beta.

As much as I would love to see a hotfix to this version, I really don't see it happening.

So for now you can learn to live with it. It'll make you a better player (learning to combat it, not using it. )

P.S. Don't let this thread get flamey, or it'll end up disappearing like all the others.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2005-06-15 14:43 ]

Email Bobamelius
Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-15 15:12   
so they flux you? flux em back.. icc can still use it cant they? i mean the mods/admins wont do !@&&???? about it, and you all know that

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-15 16:18   
No but it gets really annoying when your fighting in an EAD with 94% health still leave and all your weapons and JD and such its knocked out by a flux wave....Ask anyone on the UGTO, never once have i used it, and i will never use it. Reason being is because i dont need it to fight effectivly...And i bet people would let down on the fluxing if they flew in combat right to where they didnt need it...Period.

Email UnknownWarrior
Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-15 16:30   
The thing is, you're simply a more well-rounded ship and can do more damage over time if you just use torps. Flux is a one-shot weapon - anybody decent in a torp using vessel will tear you a new one every single time. At best, FLUX should be a backup system, not a primary.

Nax

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-15 16:43   
Quote:

On 2005-06-15 09:36, Doran wrote:

i do have a screenshot of a certain icc player dropping a flux dread on a frigate while said frigate was logging though... if thats not overkill its time to write a new definition of the word.

heh, I do that.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-15 17:13   
I Have to jump in the same Boat as RedDoggy and Fornax here.

I have had both Dane and Thugonomics ask me after a 1 on 1 fight if I fluxed them. I did not........it was EMP cannons. Both times I was in a BD, I mount flux on my BD (2 of em), but I use flux when: 1) I see a Kluth Claw or Siphon, 2) I see a ICC MD or MC, 3) I have 3 or more ships jump me at once, 4) I am about to die, 5) when YOU are about to die OR E jump, and Finally(and my personal favorite ) I see a scout and then hit J+spacebar+V.

Battle Dread Feralwulf style: 3 EMP cannons, 4 Particle Cannons, 3 CL2ks, 3 1500 Reactors, 4 B27s, 2 flux waves on front mounts.

EMP Cannons and or Mines WILL damage your systems in a way that will make you believe you were fluxed.

Nuke mines and AM mines across the already weakened Bow of your ship will have much the same effect as flux (Thank You Knight Arthur for teaching me THAT valuable leason).

I like the TC or the Heavy Suppy more than any other ships, Suppys can't mount Flux, and I only mount on on the TC (again front mount). Most say , and I tend to agree, that Flux requires NO skill........But Mount 1 on a TC, or EAD, or any other ship and use it as a last resort weapon only. Yeah. Cut down on the number of weapons you have at your disposal.... TRY to correctly guess that perfect second when the enemy you are fighting is about to E jump and you Flux him with that one flux for the Death blow, stealing his escape from Death.

But all these guys with 6 and 9 flux waves on their ships? I just can't wait for the day when only ONE can be mounted, ALL those who have left because of the mass flux use, will return.......they will return with a vengence.........I can fight without Flux.............can you?

Let's Dance. Put on your Fluxin Shoes and lets dance the Dance of Death.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-15 17:43   
1. EMP and flux beams do NOT give off that big blue orb of system death. Hard to mistake it for that.
2. Use a tractor beam next time to get that ship out from under your station.
3. When Mods use flux ships, it sends the message that it is ok to do it. Shame on you.
4. Face it, some people have no skill and NEED to flux.
5. No reason to panic, BETA version is all fixxed. When it is released 2 years from now, whoever is left will probably enjoy being fluxed by UGTO only.

Wolf fleet has officially lost half of it's players to the fluxxing. These folks loved the game, loved the faction, loved the fleet, but understandably just were having no fun. For all the big talk about how DS has such a WONDERFUL community, I really find that hard to see now. Far to many enjoy doing all those things that piss others off. And new players never sub, and old players just leave.

Fact is, saying "fixed in beta" is not worth the breath you use to say it. Saying DS is a wonderful community is a fib. And paying to play with somebodies broken toys is just insane.

For all the troubles we have gone through, especially here lately, we haven't heard ANY word on exactly or even approximately WHEN we will see beta released. Faustus is the one who needs to address this. It is as simple as showing a tad bit of respect to those of us who have MONETARILY supported this game through all of these problems, to at least let us know how much longer we are supposed to be paying for this broken toy.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027659 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR