No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +5.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [Event] DarkSpace Grand Tournament [-Questions/Feedback-]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author [Event] DarkSpace Grand Tournament [-Questions/Feedback-]
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 23:14   
Quote:

On 2009-04-03 14:26, Fatal JBud *ADM* wrote:
<>

Lets see where this will get me, most likely in more hot water than it was worth to post, but here goes...

1. After the bent over and %#$&*@ in the last event that jbud hosted and jbud knows it but as he says he has no power, my answer to this is no.

2. The only way I will join in is if it is run by the staff of palestar or they are present in a offical capacity

3. I have removed the original 3 and 4 after some thought.

4. It does not matter which ship k'luth get for I am k'luth and we live to over come the odds.

5. I see now that I have read all the post on this that jbud has mentioned the person and what they did, and if I remember the rules of the station race there was a distance that non participants where to stay out side of.

6. I will let the issuse of the station race drop, but jbud if you are running an event and there are issuses expect to get PM, e-mails or what ever you wish to call them, and I believe I only sent you two, and excuse me for being upset, I think I had a right to be alittle

7. I rescind 1 and 2 but would like to see palestar staff involved.

8. I offer JBud a hug and a shake of the hand... and when he is not looking a slap in the back of the head.

[edit by shig - just removed the actual text from the quoting of JBud, since it was hueg. changed no actual content)
[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2009-04-05 23:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-04-06 12:05 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-05 23:50   
Well this is the event planning thread -- basically a chance to talk over issues that likely participants come up with regarding such an event. If you have better suggestions for ships, discuss what you'd like and why its better, or why these are ones bad (though you did do that to an extent).

On your second problem, the staff will try to staff the event to make sure there's not interference and whatnot.

For the third, there's some flexibility on ships - JBud said, for example, that assault ships can be chosen by combatants by mutual consent, so you could potentially get a different ship. Alternately, propose different options and explain why that would be more fair.

Email Shigernafy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 23:56   
Quote:

On 2009-04-05 23:14, El Guapo wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-03 14:26, Fatal JBud *ADM* wrote:
<>

Okay, I wouldn't call some of that positive feedback.

as for the Cruisers, I did not uninclude the Scale( I assume that's the ship you are after ) becuase of ICC's weakness... I didn't include the Scale because it is an Assault Class, If when during the tournament your opponent agrees to an Assault Matchup, You can use the scale, and your opponent get's an assault cruiser/torp cruiser... These rules were set before the discovered weakness I just hadn't posted the ships permitted..

As for the whole whining about me favoring ICC, GET ON BETA AND TEST THE SHIELDS DOOD, I did ... I made these judgments based on the current state of the BETA ships...

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal JBud *ADM* on 2009-04-06 00:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal JBud *ADM* on 2009-04-06 00:22 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-06 00:31   
You've never seen me ingame, Jbud? I'm sure you have. I was probably goofing off or something, though.

But for one on one duels, not many right now actually stand a chance against alot of the older players here. Just because we haven't logged ingame for awhile doesn't mean we've forgotten the tactics we've learned for several years.

And besides, if I actually entered I'd be declared Winner automaticaly.

All joking aside, if you wan't an actual tournament of skill, make it a 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 kind of deal. Anyone can smash the spacebar at a single target, but not many can do so within the limits of having a team. You have to watch your teams, focus on primary targets, and defend who ever the enemy targets. But again, get Coeus and I on a team and it'd be rather unfair again.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim [R33] on 2009-04-06 00:34 ]

Email Supertrooper
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-06 00:39   
I really haven't ever seen you in-game... It's your choice ultimatly, but if you don't feel like one on one combat rising up a ladder proving your skills in multiple ship classes to reattain that reputation so long lost with the dust that a little noob like me doesn't know anything about you. That's your call man.

As for your suggestion, I do enjoy team events, as you probably ignored, the last few were team events. I want to point out one thing:
Quote:
This will be a ladder event, original concept by Tael.

His idea for 1 on 1 combat to rising from teir to teir up the ladder, I may have changed it some but, I kept his original idea...

Note Exhibit A: the private message from tael:
Event - Tiered Ladder Duel
Event starts at Scout level ships and proceeds through Destroyer, Cruiser, Dread, Station
Event supports 32 contestants broken up over several days.

The idea here is some players are better in smaller ships while others are better in the bigger ships. Maybe with this event we'll see the small ship guys progress to the later stages instead of the usual big ship guys.

and Exhibit B: his original ladder:
http://www.mindspring.com/~taelron/darkspace/ds-event-ladder.jpg

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-06 00:45   
If you want a rather good idea for a ladder, look up Draf's .482 Fleet Wars system. It was by far the best I had seen for Darkspace, and it gave fleets (or in this case, teams) alot of ways to setup fights be it 1v1 or 5v5.

Email Supertrooper
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-06 01:27   
Testing note, I had a friend come over, he has some experience with DS, I put him on my other computer on my continuum account to test the balance between the ICC Combat Dread and the Ganglia, and it is a quite even match infact I was suprised at how even it was... I was in the Combat Dread, My friend in the Ganglia won, but not by much I had him at 2% hull, I took a few screenies I think he took one too I'll edit them in when I upload
Edit:

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-06 01:37 ]

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-06 03:07   
A test with me in a Combat Dread Vs DarkScorpian in a Ganglia, shows a closely even match than that of a Combat Dread Vs a Mandible.. He beat me I had him at about 35% EMP damage was the reason for my falling

A Later Battle between us with him in a ganglia and me in a UGTO Carrier Dread, shows that I may need to figure out another ship for UGTO, I will elaborate'n'stuff do more testin' and get back to y'all.
[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-06 03:44 ]

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-04-06 03:55   
well tested a standard gang unmoded not even fitted with ecm and was even enough from what i seen to kill the combat dread.
ugto carrier dread vs gang did unspeakble things to jbuds carrier and that poped very easy but will need to be retested on that one as arc bug on his carrier.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-06 10:21   
Update: Event will definatly be held in Beta, some ship testing still needs to be done so keep an eye on the original posts for updates to the rules, info and ship lists. This does not mean I have been approved for a map change it is a personal subscription issue preventing me from hosting the event in the release servers

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-06 15:10 ]

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-06 12:11   

[/quote]
Okay, I wouldn't call some of that positive feedback.

As for the whole whining about me favoring ICC, GET ON BETA AND TEST THE SHIELDS DOOD, I did ... I made these judgments based on the current state of the BETA ships...

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal JBud *ADM* on 2009-04-06 00:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal JBud *ADM* on 2009-04-06 00:22 ]

[/quote]

If you reread my post I have edited it, and thanks for letting me know that there is at the moment a flaw in the ICC shields, hope they *cough* fix it before the next patch

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-06 12:19   
@guapo I re-read it, thanks, I know some things here may seem unfair to some but trust that I am doing as much testing as possible on this to make sure it is as fair as possible

---

Adding a new rule: If you capture your opponent it is concidered a technical knock out and you will advance to the next round, so don't forget your elite infantry!

codenemesis
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-06 16:27   
I would SO be flying an agincourt in the last round.
00:44:23 Feralwulf: \"I am, therefore I ban\"

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-06 23:35   
Quote:

On 2009-04-06 12:19, JBud wrote:
@guapo I re-read it, thanks, I know some things here may seem unfair to some but trust that I am doing as much testing as possible on this to make sure it is as fair as possible

---

Adding a new rule: If you capture your opponent it is concidered a technical knock out and you will advance to the next round, so don't forget your elite infantry!

Trust me I never forget them, need to get some in the beta server...

[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-04-10 17:03 ]

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-06 23:47   
I'll also throw in a secondary prize that if you manage to capture your opponent, I'll give you 2 Ships Captured points on the release side. Since beta stat gain doesn't transfer to release, and ships captured are hard to get... I'll at least transfer that stat gain for you (and double it on the way).

Email Mithrandir
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031540 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR