No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [Event] DarkSpace Grand Tournament [-Questions/Feedback-]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author [Event] DarkSpace Grand Tournament [-Questions/Feedback-]
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 23:09   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 22:20, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 20:25, JBud wrote:

I know what and how staff responsibilities are divided up. If there is nobody there willing to do it they would re-assign that duty to another mod. As a green shirt hasn't responded to the request yet, I'd say there is still hope it can happen.

It may, but cannot be expected... If you haven't noticed this is DarkSpace and no offense to some friends but the most of the staff can be described in one word, Unreliable.

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-04 23:14 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 23:11   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 22:38, -Sensitivity- wrote:
Watch your words, you never know where they will bring you; Crim is hands down one of DS's greatest pilots, just because he doesn't play now doesn't mean he isn't deadly. Combat hasn't changed all that much in terms of piloting...

I stand by what I said. I've never seen either of them in a fight recently. Okay, I saw one or two fights with Coeus in the recent battle royale, not enough to judge his skills. that's the closest. I've literally never seen Crim in-game.

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-04 23:15 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-05 00:00   
I try to show up for them, both as a general show of support and to help out when possible. Sadly, more often than not, something in real life comes up that conflicts, and my priorities lie elsewhere. And while I was at the last event, it wasn't with an eye to police it, but just to "goof off" for a bit by flying MI around -- so when the complaints came in about ICC being poor sportsmen (at least), I wasn't in a good position to adjudicate them. Plus, as you point out, we have generally considered player-run events to be somewhat hands-off; I wasn't sure how proper it was for me to enforce the rules of one player against another.

However, given the problems with the last event and the fact that we do sponsor them to a large extent (via publicity, event list, and prizes), it seems logical to take a greater role or stake in them. We actually decided internally to try to have somebody floating around in case of trouble, even if they're not in the event or sitting on the sidelines directly (but hopefully in the same cluster, doing whatever). So while of course we are all human, have potential conflicts, etc etc, we're going to try to show up.

That said, I'm not entirely sure what law needs to be laid down. Most players are quite respectful most of the time (maybe not in /y, but of events, from what I've seen).

Email Shigernafy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 00:38   
Quote:

On 2009-04-05 00:00, Shigernafy wrote:

They are mostly respectful... There are the few who interfere and that's the issue here Shig, it's alllll about when Meko beaconed El Guapo... That's a prima example of interference that they want to avoid.

Unfortunatly it's just unavoidable. No one could have prevented Meko from beaconing, and a /kick would have removed him but guapo still woulda died and by the rules, death was a disqualification. What they didn't see was Nukey, a man of honor, who had a computer issue that got him technically disqualified, I don't have a ton of private messages /sends and forum complaints from him, infact I don't have any complaints from him or his clanmates.. It was a tough decision and not an expected occurance, but it happened and the choice was made, it's unfortunate but nukey was out of the game for more than two minutes meaning his ship repositioned and would have been farther or closer to the goal being unfair on both ends. Same goes for a death. You die, weather it be by enemy, bug, or interference, you are out... I may not have been so specific in the rules themselves but I definatly was general enough with them to cover this stuff, I can't be expected to predict any of this.

Sorry it was so harsh, but the nature of the race required these rules, Meko looked innocent until he beaconed, Event staff or not, nothing could have stopped him but him.

My opinion, I could care less if you staff are there to see it, I do like showing off my cool events to you guys, but I also wanna show I can do them on my own. As it is I am way to dependant on you guys for setting these up, with waiting for coupons, event and news listings, broadcast announcements, and even the event moderation. Tael, Jack, Drafell and especially you have helped alot, Jack enjoys issuing a kick to someone who interferes, Drafell knows the tricks like to remove the AI temporarily and I'm talkin to him about hopefully getting the beta map changed to a non-AI map for the weekend of this event. Tael is helping with some prizes and event ideas, and you have helped me since my first event with listings, prizes, news, ect, ect. I'm happy with the help, personally.

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-05 01:04 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-05 09:22   
I think the dispute was on the fairness of the rules; not the judgement...

Email Sens [R33]
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 10:38   
The rules were set for the fairness of the game, as well as the judgement.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 11:17   
please. people. My issue (and I am the one asking for event staff) isn't to slap J. It isn't to offend anyone at all, I swear. My reason is twofold:

1) Because Palestar should be involved with anything that they officially sanction.

2) Because issues have happened before, and there is no reason to attempt to avoid them, there should be a Mod there to handle issues, in the name of the RoC, Palestar, and for the fairness of the event participants.

That issue with the beacons may not seem like a big deal. But El didn't die fairly, he was killed by somebody cheating, whether intentional or not. And because of that he didn't get the reward he would have, because his team did win the event. A Mod coulda booted the beaconer before that would have happened, as there was to be no interference. Set a boundry and say if you want to watch, watch from XXX distance. Come within and get kicked. This is what I say we need a staffer. To avoid issues ahead of time.

Please do not take it personal, as I am in no way trying to insult anyone. I am trying to look out for the good of the game, the event, and the participants.

What I would like to see is a way for players to suggest events, and have the event staff host them. If they choose a player's suggestion, then maybe that player gets a free 2 week sub, or maybe a blue enhhancement or something. That would encourage Jbud and others to keep coming up with good events, and it would give DS a more lively appearence. I like some of the events I've seen. There have been more since I came back then there were the whole time I played before. Bring 'em on, I say. But let's do it within the sphere of the administration properly taking it's role as official host....

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-05 11:17   
It doesn't meant what they were meant to do; the discontent of a reasonable portion of players clearly says something about the said rules...

Email Sens [R33]
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 11:35   
Quote:

On 2009-04-05 11:17, Azreal wrote:

About the last event, the rules were death = disqualification.
Disqualification meaning exactly it's definition, the member in question is Not qualified for the prize.. The team doesn't matter, the player couldn't rejoin his team to earn the prize...

As for event staff, I've been after that job for a while... I haven't proven myself to the DS staff yet.. It takes a lot of trust with some of the stuff I need to be able to do as event staff.

Your words: "in the name of the RoC". Quite funny. As someone here pointed out the rules of "player" events are not covered by the RoC. therefore punishment is not required, just wanted by some of the event participants. in all fairness it should be enforced, but there is a certain extent to what they can do for "disobeying a players rules"...

Incentive for running the events?, I've gotten compensated for events before. I wont discuss the specifics but it is well worth it for me to continue running them. So, if that tickles your curiosity try running one or two yourself, you never know what will come of it, may be nothing may be a nice surprise.

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-05 11:40 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 13:43   
Quote:

On 2009-04-05 11:35, JBud wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-05 11:17, Azreal wrote:

Your words: "in the name of the RoC". Quite funny. As someone here pointed out the rules of "player" events are not covered by the RoC. therefore punishment is not required, just wanted by some of the event participants. in all fairness it should be enforced, but there is a certain extent to what they can do for "disobeying a players rules"...

This is why the Event staff needs to be involved.
The player can dream up the event, and even suggest the rules. The Event Staff refine and reinforce those rules. They are no longer some "player's rules", they are Palestar's rules, and therby fall under the RoC. The point you made is exactly why I suggest this.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-05 17:20   
Right, and we hadn't done that on the last event, so I wasn't going to drop a banhammer after the fact for something I didn't personally see. All I saw were complaints that someone was beaconing, pinging, etc and that someone else had died. At that point, well first I had no real proof, but I don't really see what the point would have been -- if I had set a boundary like you suggest, then there would have been something actionable. But with someone already dead, its not like I can remove the beacons from a dead ship.

Basically, the issue on the last event was fraught with complications and problems of poor information. We know this, were talking about it at the time and after the fact, and are going to try to improve on it.

So.. back to this event of yours...

Email Shigernafy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 18:44   
Quote:

On 2009-04-05 17:20, Shigernafy wrote:

So.. back to this event of yours...

Yea, I haven't seen another player run an event since Delandos 3 Vs 3 Tournament. We could use more player events... They are Public events after all...

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-05 19:49   
That doesn't mean they aren't prone to criticism, complaints, the works. You put effort into it, I'll give you that, but no one gives out free hugs/compliments(except feral).

Email Sens [R33]
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 19:52   
You shouldn't be critisising anyone new to event making TBH... Not until after the event has run at least. But if you bombard threads like you've done to some of mine, it will cause people to not want to do them.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 22:36   
Posted some more important info in the original post please make a note of it
Quote:

On 2009-04-03 14:26, Fatal JBud *ADM* wrote:
This is not the official Sign-Up Thread nor is it an official event listing, this is the event planning thread, ment for planning and positive, constructive feedback... The official thread will be posted with the announcement of the event date

• Ships Permitted:
    -ICC-
    Frigate Class - All Frigate Ships.
    Destroyer Class - Missle or Combat Destroyer
    Cruiser Class - Missle or Heavy Cruiser
    Dreadnought Class - Combat Dread...

-UGTO-
    Destroyer Class - Gunboat or Picket Destroyer
    Cruiser Class - Battle or Missle Criuser
    Dreadnought Class - Fleet Carrier or Agincourt Carrier...

-K'Luth-
    Destroyer Class - Stinger or Shell Destroyer
    Cruiser Class - Parasite or Scarab Cruiser
    Dreadnought Class - Ganglia...

Permitted ships subject to change before event is posted...

• - Point Jumping is permitted within your opponents sensor range, roughly 3-4k GUs more than 5,000 GU is a disqualify-able Jump and is considered a Forfeit...

• - When you sign up you will be assigned a faction, you may leave a prefered faction, however you are not guaranteed to get it.

[*] Notes Regarding Ships Permitted:
After testing over the past few days I found a weakness in ICC shields, the weakness is most present in ICC Dreadnoughts. Thus I have lowered the class of the UGTO and K'Luth ships, for the Dreadnoughts, to Sub-Combat... This may change pending farther testing with ICC shielding, or any updates.

Please keep any feedback to these changes positive and constructive. Thanks.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal JBud *ADM* on 2009-04-06 00:27 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019945 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR