- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +1.6 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +7.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.701] Release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
 Author [1.701] Release Feedback
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-16 14:24   
Just a bump in case anyone had forgotten this existed.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-11-16 14:55   
Quote:
On 2013-11-14 00:58, Borgie wrote:
is it possable to make the cloak animation match the cloak in timer, right now on dreds its 12 seconds, and after you press v for cloak, your still visable while your sig is dropping but you don't go transparent( on my end) utnill you reach 12 seconds.

This is largely due to the changes made lately to have ships be more visible through ECM at high speed.

How visible a ship is gets governed by three values: the radius of its hitbox, the View strength of the ship attempting to detect it, and the target ship's Visibility. That last one is also the value that governs how transparent the ship's model is: at 1.0 it is 100% visible and not transparent at all, at 0.0 it is 0% visible and completely transparent. Previously, Visibility was never allowed to go above 1.0, and would only drop below that if the ship began to cloak. The only two factors which affected how far a ship could be seen through ECM were its hitbox size and the View strength of the detecting ship, which made it very difficult to balance.

Now, however, it is no longer limited to 1.0 and will climb higher the faster the ship is moving. Once you begin to cloak, it starts dropping steadily, but it has no affect on the transparency of the model until it starts going below 1.0. You can see the effect of this; instead of turning transparent smoothly over the course of cloaking, the model remains visible up until the last second, when Visibility gets low enough to start affecting it. It's even more exaggerated on smaller ships at high speed, where the model almost instantly disappears at the very last moment.

I'm not sure this is something we can fix easily.

Email Jim Starluck
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-16 15:15   
Also, I would like to note that the more damaged ICC shields become, the less signature we have. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-16 21:30   
Quote:
On 2013-11-16 14:55, Jim Starluck wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-14 00:58, Borgie wrote:
is it possable to make the cloak animation match the cloak in timer, right now on dreds its 12 seconds, and after you press v for cloak, your still visable while your sig is dropping but you don't go transparent( on my end) utnill you reach 12 seconds.

This is largely due to the changes made lately to have ships be more visible through ECM at high speed.

How visible a ship is gets governed by three values: the radius of its hitbox, the View strength of the ship attempting to detect it, and the target ship's Visibility. That last one is also the value that governs how transparent the ship's model is: at 1.0 it is 100% visible and not transparent at all, at 0.0 it is 0% visible and completely transparent. Previously, Visibility was never allowed to go above 1.0, and would only drop below that if the ship began to cloak. The only two factors which affected how far a ship could be seen through ECM were its hitbox size and the View strength of the detecting ship, which made it very difficult to balance.

Now, however, it is no longer limited to 1.0 and will climb higher the faster the ship is moving. Once you begin to cloak, it starts dropping steadily, but it has no affect on the transparency of the model until it starts going below 1.0. You can see the effect of this; instead of turning transparent smoothly over the course of cloaking, the model remains visible up until the last second, when Visibility gets low enough to start affecting it. It's even more exaggerated on smaller ships at high speed, where the model almost instantly disappears at the very last moment.

I'm not sure this is something we can fix easily.

then revert it back, its hard to tell when im cloaking or not, and if you cancel the cloak becuase you don't realise your cloaking, that triggers the cd, and then you gotta wait that 2 seconds for you to uncloak to reuse the cloak.

Email Borgie
Terra Nova
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-16 22:26   
typo : ion cannon discription says "particle excellerator"

i think its suppost to be accelerator

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-17 03:56   
Quote:
On 2013-11-16 22:26, Terra Nova wrote:
typo : ion cannon discription says "particle excellerator"

i think its suppost to be accelerator

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/excel

Obviously the "Particle Excellerator" is so much better at being an accelerator for particles, that it calls itself something else entirely. Even the weapons in this game have high levels of self-confidence.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-17 14:00   
Deleted
[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2013-11-19 10:25 ]

_Sajuuk_
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-17 16:14   
can anyone explain why luth got minelayers armed with cannons and core weapons? seems like a kick in the balls to the other factions. a minelayer should only have mines! not guns!

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-17 16:21   
Gotta agree with that. Why do Luth minelayers have good frontal weapons?

Also, Bomber dreadnoughts are now a feature of all factions...

Seems someone forgot to Commission ICC Bomber Cruisers from the Shi Jie Sheng Shipyards...

This means ICC is stuck with no cruiser class bombers as a nice mid option between its bomber destroyers and Bomber dreads while the other factions do. What's with that?

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XI] on 2013-11-17 16:43 ]

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-17 18:13   
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 16:21, Orkan [OO-XI] wrote:
Gotta agree with that. Why do Luth minelayers have good frontal weapons?

Also, Bomber dreadnoughts are now a feature of all factions...

Seems someone forgot to Commission ICC Bomber Cruisers from the Shi Jie Sheng Shipyards...

This means ICC is stuck with no cruiser class bombers as a nice mid option between its bomber destroyers and Bomber dreads while the other factions do. What's with that?

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XI] on 2013-11-17 16:43 ]

We have a bomber cruiser now. Its called the Jump Cruiser.

-Sheraton

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-17 19:08   
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 18:13, Sheraton *XO* wrote:

We have a bomber cruiser now. Its called the Jump Cruiser.

-Sheraton

Understood. I stand corrected.

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-17 19:36   
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 16:14, _Sajuuk_ wrote:
can anyone explain why luth got minelayers armed with cannons and core weapons? seems like a kick in the balls to the other factions. a minelayer should only have mines! not guns!

just the same as icc has a dred with cannons and fighters with ecm to hide its self, and ugto has well i don;t know what ugto has.

Email Borgie
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-18 00:13   
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 19:36, Borgie wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 16:14, _Sajuuk_ wrote:

just the same as icc has a dred with cannons and fighters with ecm to hide its self, and ugto has well i don;t know what ugto has.

UGTO has EAD, which is a tier 3 version of the Beams/Torps Dreadnought with extra point-defence. You sacrifice damage for defence.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-18 00:38   
K'Luth is totally imbalanced and out of hand.

2 K'Luth cruisers can EASILY dive through a large swarm of 8 or so UGTO or ICC forces, pick off a damaged target, and escape without even sustaining hull damage.

Can 2 UGTO or ICC cruisers dive through a swarm of K'luth dreads and cruisers and pick off a weak target? No, because the severely damaged ones will be cloaked.

The only time K'Luth die is when they fly supply ships, frigates, or destroyers and were being too aggressive or careless.
Cruisers are unstoppable unless it's being piloted by a complete noob.

I cannot suggest a fix to this, it's just due to so many factors that would take me an hour to list.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-18 01:29   
Quote:
On 2013-11-18 00:38, Fluttershy wrote:
K'Luth is totally imbalanced and out of hand.

2 K'Luth cruisers can EASILY dive through a large swarm of 8 or so UGTO or ICC forces, pick off a damaged target, and escape without even sustaining hull damage.

Can 2 UGTO or ICC cruisers dive through a swarm of K'luth dreads and cruisers and pick off a weak target? No, because the severely damaged ones will be cloaked.

The only time K'Luth die is when they fly supply ships, frigates, or destroyers and were being too aggressive or careless.
Cruisers are unstoppable unless it's being piloted by a complete noob.

I cannot suggest a fix to this, it's just due to so many factors that would take me an hour to list.

nothing wrong with this at all, everytime i decloked to kill an icc at your planet i took 40-50% hull damage, would then cloak to get out and rinse was and repeat. part of icc and ugto's problem is you guys don't support each other, allowing us luth to take full advantage of this giving us easy kills.

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023549 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR