- Towel Day
05/25/24 +6.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Hellaciouss
15th - phoenixfyre
13th - Rain of Fire [O-XII]

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.701] Release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
 Author [1.701] Release Feedback
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-06 17:24   
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 15:24, Novacat wrote:

Lack of Interdictor - As I have pointed out many months ago, it seems like most UGTO vs ICC fights end up being campfests, its very difficult for either side to attack the other because of planetary interdictors and the lack of portable interdictors.

Well at least they're not logging anymore at the sight of one.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-11-06 17:33   
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 14:55, Null Pointer wrote:
Game seems to be crashing alot, here's the Client.log:

http://pastebin.com/Atv0YiQJ

Seems to be nea the bottom
[ This Message was edited by: Null Pointer on 2013-11-06 14:55 ]

Make sure your sending in these crashes using the BugReporter, I do load up and review those crashes.

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-06 17:38   
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 17:24, Ent wrote:

The problem with the Interdictor cruisers is that they were too portable, able to outrun dreadnoughts and stations while keeping them under the dictor field. It was a bad idea, yes, but I still think a portable but slower variant could work much better, at least, much better than the current two extremes of either interdictor cruiser or complete lack of interdictor.

As it is, the current iteration basically encourages planetcamping as launching any kind of offensive is suicide. In the short time I played, I watched as 4 ICC players managed to make mincemeat of a much larger UGTO force of roughly 6-8 ships, just because the UGTO had the bright idea of attacking an ICC planet.

The campfest is not very fun, and after the aformentioned offensive I spent the rest of my time sitting around twiddling my thumbs until I got bored and logged off.
[ This Message was edited by: Novacat on 2013-11-06 17:44 ]

Goto the website of Novacat
Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-11-06 17:50   
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 17:33, Faustus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 14:55, Null Pointer wrote:
Game seems to be crashing alot, here's the Client.log:

http://pastebin.com/Atv0YiQJ

Seems to be nea the bottom
[ This Message was edited by: Null Pointer on 2013-11-06 14:55 ]

Make sure your sending in these crashes using the BugReporter, I do load up and review those crashes.

-F

Yep, I always do.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-06 18:01   
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 17:38, Novacat wrote:

The problem with the Interdictor cruisers is that they were too portable, able to outrun dreadnoughts and stations while keeping them under the dictor field. It was a bad idea, yes, but I still think a portable but slower variant could work much better, at least, much better than the current two extremes of either interdictor cruiser or complete lack of interdictor.

Actually all the happened is the dictors would camp on top of ships with high HP and then just run away before they died.

And then come back over and over and over.

And then the other faction would bring their own dictor, and then they would twiddle their thumbs, and then log. Not sure how ensuring the other faction blows up is more fun for everyone.
[ This Message was edited by: Ent on 2013-11-06 18:02 ]

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-06 18:32   
I previously suggested an interdictor platform that could only disrupt jumpdrives as long as it was stationary. This will enable forces attacking a planet to be able to benefit from an interdictor without running into the problems that fully mobile interdictors bring.

Goto the website of Novacat
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-06 18:34   
was unable to dodge the majority of LDMs fired at me in an echelon cruiser at 40% armor.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-06 22:57   
The emergency wormhole (E-WH) command seems to be broken.

Before posting this I killed Clamup in a nest inbetween Epsilon Eri, Lalande, and BD+4344 because when he tried to E-WH, it made a WH about 1000 gu away from his position.

After killing him I came back and tested E-WH again. On the first two attempts I made a WH leading to 'home system'. I went through this and it indeed sent me to SY. On the third attempt I created a WH that was slightly outside the widest orbit in BD+4344. The fourth and fifth attempt resulted in the same as the first two. On the sixth attempt I made another WH in the general area of BD+4344.

Pictures:
Home system wormhole:http://imgur.com/YDL9wFs
Second random wormhole:http://imgur.com/93e2A8Z

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-06 23:45   
Scenario maps involving 2 factions vs 1 faction are utterly broken.

The double teaming faction gets 2x the players and 2x the platforms. This is clearly not balanced.

Additionally, it's far too easy in scenario to go to an enemy planet and simple spam platforms. I'd like to suggest a 500gu no plat zone around enemy planets.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-07 00:22   
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 17:38, Novacat wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 17:24, Ent wrote:

As it is, the current iteration basically encourages planetcamping as launching any kind of offensive is suicide. In the short time I played, I watched as 4 ICC players managed to make mincemeat of a much larger UGTO force of roughly 6-8 ships, just because the UGTO had the bright idea of attacking an ICC planet.

The campfest is not very fun, and after the aformentioned offensive I spent the rest of my time sitting around twiddling my thumbs until I got bored and logged off.
[ This Message was edited by: Novacat on 2013-11-06 17:44 ]

Personally I don't mind fighting in open space or in dicos. However, if a faction intends to besiege an opposing factions planet. It is only natural that this would degenerate into one faction defending or as you call it "camping" and the other faction attacking.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-08 18:49   
Currently, a 3 build drone engineer with 80% build speed increase can build a ridiculous number of platforms in moments.

This can make it very difficult to defend a planet when the enemy suddenly has 20 platforms assisting them. Same problem when attacking, especially when you can't just change target.

Gwalden
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-08 19:09   
There seems to be a problem with lasers & firing arcs. They apparently still do damage even after the target leaves the firing arc but is still with the maximum range of the laser. The visual indicator for the laser does dissappear, but the bright light at the gadget source is still visible during the full firing time.

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-09 10:25   
Interdictor platforms seem like a good idea but if implemented would have to be limited in number to each faction. Say 1 per server per faction? Otherwise too many spammed interdictor plats would result in an inability to jump normally around a system without disruption, Dread and station Pilots would be very annoyed due to the long cooldown on their ships' jump drives.

How about ANTI-interdictor ships or platforms? An Area of Effect device which renders a small radius around the gadget (say 250-300gu) equipped ship or platform with a field which disrupts and negates the effect of the planetary (or any other kind of) interdictor.
This would allow the Anti-dictor to jump in to a planetary dictor field (and perhaps through) to setup an 'attack zone' where other faction ships could follow and jump into and out of at their leisure while the anti-dictor field is active. They would have to of course stay within the anti-dictor ships AoE radius in order to be able to jump and of course the Anti-dictor ships or platforms destruction would result in those ships that had jumped in now being trapped in the enemy's dictor field as standard.

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-09 11:56   
Quote:
On 2013-11-09 10:25, Orkan [OO-XI] wrote:
Interdictor platforms seem like a good idea but if implemented would have to be limited in number to each faction. Say 1 per server per faction? Otherwise too many spammed interdictor plats would result in an inability to jump normally around a system without disruption, Dread and station Pilots would be very annoyed due to the long cooldown on their ships' jump drives.

How about ANTI-interdictor ships or platforms? An Area of Effect device which renders a small radius around the gadget (say 250-300gu) equipped ship or platform with a field which disrupts and negates the effect of the planetary (or any other kind of) interdictor.
This would allow the Anti-dictor to jump in to a planetary dictor field (and perhaps through) to setup an 'attack zone' where other faction ships could follow and jump into and out of at their leisure while the anti-dictor field is active. They would have to of course stay within the anti-dictor ships AoE radius in order to be able to jump and of course the Anti-dictor ships or platforms destruction would result in those ships that had jumped in now being trapped in the enemy's dictor field as standard.

Keep those platforms out of the game please. We already removed the interdictor ship for good reasons, they limited the gameplay and made it so an entire side was either helpless to escape, or had to kill a stat while an interdictor ship sat on top of it. To say nothing of the interdictors on the AI.
-Sheraton

[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-11-09 11:59 ]

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-09 19:49   
Why are we stuck with the old idea of how dictors work?

IMO, a dictor that prevents jumping in but allows jumping out would be interesting.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022492 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR