No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Krill
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author Krill
Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2012-04-04 10:11   
the krill is still a great ship it dosent need any reloads besides its drones for armor and hull you can cloak and go almost full speed without loosing energy and it has a great range for a ship of its size also all its weapons fireing arcs are very wide letting it fire almost all its weapons from every angle but its rear

its a great ship if you forget about what its use to be

oh and the nest needs more resuply drones it next to useless without a hive to back it up and thats just not right

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-04 14:07   
Quote:

On 2012-04-04 10:11, Aaron[+R] wrote:

oh and the nest needs more resuply drones it next to useless without a hive to back it up and thats just not right

You can say the same about all the close quarters stats.....

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-04 14:10   
Quote:

On 2012-04-04 14:07, Brutality *XO2* wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-04-04 10:11, Aaron[+R] wrote:

You can say the same about all the close quarters stats.....

This is true and its the way it should be its a Battle Station not a Support station

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-04 15:47   
be inventive with it,

try /not/ flying it like a stereotypical luth dred.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-04 16:49   
Well, the people I was arguing with failed to bring up the wide arcs of the Krill.

I was under the impression that those were just forward facing weapons like on all Kluth ships, but seeing as the ship has a much wider coverage, that does change things quite a bit, since it means you can fly away from your target and still do damage.

Is the Krill meant to be played similar to an ICC dread?

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-04 17:01   
Quote:

On 2012-04-04 16:49, Fluttershy wrote:
Well, the people I was arguing with failed to bring up the wide arcs of the Krill.

I was under the impression that those were just forward facing weapons like on all Kluth ships, but seeing as the ship has a much wider coverage, that does change things quite a bit, since it means you can fly away from your target and still do damage.

With all the cannons it has I believe it would be really hard to dodge the krills fire if the pilot chain fire the guns at smaller ships. Don't know how effective it is though since I have never seen it done.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-04-04 19:35   
Quote:

On 2012-04-04 16:49, Fluttershy wrote:

Yes. In fact, if you take the time to read the Krill's in-game description, it's a direct product of the K'luth observing the effectiveness of the ICC Combat Dread and the UGTO Battle Dread, then deciding to try building that type of ship themselves. In terms of design philosophy, it's a major departure from "standard" K'luth ships.

Email Jim Starluck
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-04 21:38   
but you took a ship that was too human and gave us a ship even more human.

The problem with the Krill was partly the amount of SIs. Would have been nicer to remove a few SIs and stick in a few fighter bases to compensate.

To me, the one and only true command ship for the K'Luth was and will always be the old Ganglia, with a few fighters, a couple beams, a reload, and a handful of close up defenses, nothing to go really offensive with.

I have tried the Krill since the change. I just simply find it lacking, not just because it is the Krill, but as any kind of a dread. K'Luth has steadily lost firepower, and it seems that the other factions are not losing defense, and in some cases gaining it. Their former top two ships now deal less damage than the nub dread. Pound for pound the Mandy is a better ship than the rest, even tho the siphon isnt a copmlete pile of dung. I just dont like what we got for what we lost.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-04 23:30   
Quote:

On 2012-04-04 21:38, Azreal wrote:
but you took a ship that was too human and gave us a ship even more human.

The problem with the Krill was partly the amount of SIs. Would have been nicer to remove a few SIs and stick in a few fighter bases to compensate.

To me, the one and only true command ship for the K'Luth was and will always be the old Ganglia, with a few fighters, a couple beams, a reload, and a handful of close up defenses, nothing to go really offensive with.

I have tried the Krill since the change. I just simply find it lacking, not just because it is the Krill, but as any kind of a dread. K'Luth has steadily lost firepower, and it seems that the other factions are not losing defense, and in some cases gaining it. Their former top two ships now deal less damage than the nub dread. Pound for pound the Mandy is a better ship than the rest, even tho the siphon isnt a copmlete pile of dung. I just dont like what we got for what we lost.

Fighters? On a Krill? Nyet, tovarisch.

And you do mean the Brood, when you mentioned command ship, right? Not the Ganglia.

Looking at the current Kluth dread catalog;

Mandi - General purpose/assault
Ganglia - Missile ship
Brood - Command/Carrier
Siphon - Close assault

The Krill is supposed to be the fire support ship. It has always been, since its inception, a heavy fire support dread. Prior to 1.6, you would always see Siphons and Krills being used because the Mandi was a beginner beam boat, unable to do much damage to anything but small ships and wounded heavies. That was of course, before beams were adjusted.

Now, the Siphon is what the Mandi was, but with ELFs and more armor. If it weren't for the fact that beams are now super-buffed, the Siphon would be a pretty useless boat. Once Jack and Frob gets around to refactoring beams, we'll once again have to reevaluate whether the Siphon can be a viable platform at all. If beam power requirements go up, then the Siphon might end up as a lame duck because of its single gen and ruptor-heavy config. Couple that with the new cloak/drain system, and you can see where I'm going.

The old Krill was a medium range ship. It was squishy compared to the Siphon, had less burst firepower, and was thus used at 500 gus to support any assault. The next version of the Krill was ultra OP. 8 SIs and heavy PSIs was over the top. Needless to say, it was nerfed to what it is today, a shadow of its former self.

IMO, the Krill needs to go back to the pre 1.6 version. Back then, the ship actually worked without being overly OP. 6 dual arc SIs, forward biased. 4 PSIs, and 6 beams (IIRC). You had to face the enemy to be effective.

Now, while you can run in circles and act like a Combat Dread, you aren't exactly as effective as a combat dread in the damage department. And causing damage is "supposed" to be a Kluth characteristic.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2012-04-05 00:42   
Quote:

On 2012-04-04 23:30, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
IMO, the Krill needs to go back to the pre 1.6 version. Back then, the ship actually worked without being overly OP. 6 dual arc SIs, forward biased. 4 PSIs, and 6 beams (IIRC). You had to face the enemy to be effective.

Would like to see this myself. I agree that 8 SIs were a bit too much but what it is now is hardly worth using.

Also I agree that it does seem like K'luth are losing their place as the Heavy Firepower / Weak Armor faction...

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-05 01:17   
Hypocrisy in darkspace.... Like no other....

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-04-05 02:57   
Don't forget Kluth cannons have no ammo unlike ICC, and Kluth cores have no ammo unlike both ICC and UGTO. From what I remember after messing with it in beta the current Krill is very energy efficient so you don't really have issues with running out, meaning you can cloak pretty much at any time and not have to worry about having your cloaking gadget blow up on you.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-05 02:58   
Quote:

On 2012-04-05 02:57, Talien wrote:
Don't forget Kluth cannons have no ammo unlike ICC, and Kluth cores have no ammo unlike both ICC and UGTO. From what I remember after messing with it in beta the current Krill is very energy efficient so you don't really have issues with running out, meaning you can cloak pretty much at any time and not have to worry about having your cloaking gadget blow up on you.

SIs aren't as efficient as they used to be. Though they still have no ammo.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-05 03:03   
Mandible Layout:
- Front Left: 2 HPSI, 2 D, 1 AD, 2 SI, 6 AT
- Front Right: 2 HPSI, 2 D, 1 AD, 2 SI, 6 AT
Gadget Activation per Direction:
- Side: 2 HPSI, 2 D, 1 AD, 2 SI, 6 AT
- Front: 4 HPSI, 4 D, 2 AD, 4 SI, 12 AT
- Rear: 1 armor
Total Projectile Gadget: 21

Krill Layout:
- Left Front Right: 2 HSPI, 2 D, 4 SI
- Rear Left Front: 2 HPSI
- Rear Right Front: 2 HPSI
- Left Rear: 2 HPSI
- Right Rear: 2 HPSI
Gadget Activation per Direction:
- Side: 6 HPSI, 2 D, 4 SI
- Front: 4 HPSI, 2 D, 4 SI
- Rear: 6 HPSI & 2 armor
Total Projectile Gadget: 12

Clearly, invest 8 AWM on Mandible results more efficient in economy aspect.
Within heavy beam range, Mandible is stronger than Krill at all directions exclude rear.

Personally, I dislike 2 rear HPSI on Krill. I think who is used to playing Luth has a habit to cloak when showing the rear towards the enemy. In such case, a ship can't fire. Firing backwards is actual ICC trademark and ICC players have that habit.

I think if we remove rear direction, we'll have room for 2 extra SI for krill.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-04-05 05:14 ]

Sheynak
Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-05 03:10   
I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the old krill...

Makes me smile to see it nerfed into oblivion for a while tho.

Kluth: ezmode lost.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026999 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR