No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Krill
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
 Author Krill
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-16 06:06   

And yet you can't follow faction paradigms to a T.

ICC has the Assault Dread/Cruiser. UGTO has a missile cruiser/dessie.
It's only natural that the Kluth will have a ship or two that will go against their usual close assault design.

The Ganglia is one. Missile dread.
The Krill was the other. Medium range fire support.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-16 07:26   
There is nothing wrong with either a medium range or semi-long range dread, so long as they aren't TOO powerful or too long range.

The problem with the current setup for Krill isnt so much its loadout as its lack of punch. I can see a medium assault ship of some type, kinda what it was before with a few cannons and mostly SI, but we have already got the Ganglia (long range support), the Brood (long range support), the Siphon (close range SUPPORT), and the Krill, (medium range support). So what are they supporting? The one assault dread we have, and that being the nub dread, the Mandible. They arent supporting the cruisers that pack no punch and are thereby not used, most of which are also support ships. Too many support ships for a hit and run faction, and not enough ships to be supported.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-16 07:48   
Or players to fly the support ships either, btw. That is the other weak link in the equation.
Its great to have support ships, but if we dont have cheeks in the seats, it doesn't matter.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-16 08:21   

The list of assault ship reads:

Claw
Scale
Parasite
Mandi
Siphon

I think that's quite a decent number, don't you?

The problem is that we're talking abt assault against enemy dreads. In that case only the Mandi and Siphon are useful.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-04-16 08:54   
Your opinion on the Siphon is that it is support - it is most definitely not, and whilst you don't like flying it, there are plenty who do. Just because you think it useless, does not make it so, Az.

As far as long range ships not being too powerful, I have recently made this clear to the rest of the dev team. You cannot have a long range ship that inherits high survivability due to the range, and give it a high damage output. This goes double for K'Luth, as they have cloak, which means the chances of catching a ship at long range is nigh impossible (old Ganglia anyone?).

I don't like the idea of ships doing useless damage, so I prefer to head towards the lower survivability in this case, meaning if you have a ship at long range which can easily escape, then you need to address that somehow.

Unfortunately, this is very difficult to do, so in most cases, damage is reduced. This is a problem for the Krill because its entire loadout shares that of all the other K'Luth ships (same cannons, same beams, etc), so they have the same damage output. Perhaps higher falloff would be preferable, so that the Krill has the chance to do high damage, where it is less surivivable (up close).

Unfortunately, we're at a stage where we can't really touch the game as Faustus is making some serious behind-the-scenes changes (that won't affect the gameplay in any way, I'm sorry to say) that we have to wait on. Once the process is finished however, we have plans to go over all of the weapons and defences, at which point select ships will be looked at.

The falloff system is also due for a radical change, which will most likely be addressed prior to weapons. But more information about all of that when we're actually ready to get started on it.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-16 12:04   
Quote:
On 2012-04-16 08:54, Pantheon wrote:
Unfortunately, we're at a stage where we can't really touch the game as Faustus is making some serious behind-the-scenes changes (that won't affect the gameplay in any way, I'm sorry to say) that we have to wait on. Once the process is finished however, we have plans to go over all of the weapons and defences, at which point select ships will be looked at.

I have a feeling that Fautus has been acting like a bad-ass protagonist - hides for a long time, suddenly interferes right at the peak atmosphere and implements terrific things.
The word Pantheon said - unfortunately - somehow, turns the acts of protagonist into villain's behavior.
Fautus must be upset!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
Page created in 0.021131 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR