Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Anti-stealth weapons
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Anti-stealth weapons
Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-29 15:36   
starting icc i couldnt beleive how fast i died.

then i learned shield rotating, and to move full speed or to close to it always. short jumping out from an enemy thats close to u can b helpfull in some situations, suicide in others.

then add times salve instad of space mashing, and ur hit ratio will go up, resulting in u doing more damage. also, the enemy cant hit u back.

and theres more...

icc is hardest to fly, but very powerfull once u learn how to

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-09-29 15:54   
It's going to be tough playing as ICC in the current version. Yes, you will be discouraged more times then you can count. ICC is at a disadvantage. We're supposed to attack from afar but good luck hitting something more then 500gu away. Kluth stays cloaked until they are up close and a single alpha is pretty damaging on cruiser class and below. This is supposed to be a team oriented game but the difficulty in playing ICC has driven many players to UGTO or Kluth. More times then I could count, Kluth has easily solo'd ICC ships. ICC lack the tools to effectively counter against anything thrown at them. Even though we have a variety of cruisers to choose from, all of them feels like paper and we're just throwing ourselves into scissors.

In the end, you're going to die alot before you get the hang of staying alive and stay in the fight. Just keep in mind, you're the one with the difficult ships to fly. You're the one who has to fight against a ship that can cloak and ships that have tough as nail armor. No matter what they say, you flew ICC against them.

By the way... I like my blinkers!!!

Email Thrie
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-29 16:20   
Quote:

On 2011-09-29 10:48, Talien wrote:
The main issue with faction balance is Kluth have a definite advantage inside 300 GU since their beams have no falloff, UGTO have a definite advantage inside 400-500 GU since that's when falloff starts really showing, and ICC have an advantage at 600+ GU because luth cannons can't reach that far and UGTO damage starts to really suffer from falloff. However, at 600 GU the only thing you'll be reliably hitting are Dreadnoughts and Stations, most Cruisers will be able to dodge just about everything you shoot at them, to say nothing of anything smaller. For small ship combat (Cruisers and below) ICC ships are forced to close into the opponent's optimal range to make the best use of their limited ammo, thus losing whatever advantage they had.

PRECISELY!

tis is why, imo, projectile weapons need a speed buff, and a rather large one too

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-29 16:42   
Quote:

PRECISELY!

tis is why, imo, projectile weapons need a speed buff, and a rather large one too

No they dont k'luth may have no falloff but at the cost of allmost no armour why its not easy to play as luth as if a player LEARNS! how to bliind fire most of the time they can be killed you all just want a EASY KILL button this games about skill more than anything and teamwork if theres 2 icc on one gets a scout the other a combat ship and most luth can be defeted as thats 4eccms youve got (possibly +1-2)

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-29 17:01   
Now defiance had some helpfull tips.

I tried blindfiring, but even when you are capable of seeing the ship it's rather hard to do blindfires (I tried to practice some on AI cruisers of UTGO).

Reading the comments, I can see why 500-700 GU range would be too much. I stayed in ICC because I quite liked battling UTGO if an ICC counter team was present. We lose most of the time, but when we win, there is a real sense of accomplishment and the knowledge that yes, we DID play better then them, and it was not just luck.

But Luth have it too easy vs ICC right now. So instead of 500-700 GU, it should be 350, or maybe 310 GU away. Why? Because that gives ICC players who work together (one in a ship capable of spotting cloaked units, one a battle/combat ship) a few tiny seconds to react. If you don't because you haven't seen the blip appear behind them, they deserve to be shot. Also, the luth lose their secondary escape, cloaking, IF such a ship keeps up with them. But keeping up with them means being practically within their alpha range, meaning careful management of both dictor and such a new weapon is necessary.
That would be more in keeping with ICC, tactical management of what you got to advance. Also, Luth will need to device more intricate tactics then 'cloak and float behind them'. They will need to come from the side or front, or speed up just before they hit the 300 GU distance mark so they are capable of keeping up with the enemy ships. (I haven't played luth, so if I say something really stupid here, tell me so. But only if you have played ICC as well (and determined) as luth)

I will try out the border cruiser, only I have one question: why the active shields on the OUTSIDE?

Reactive shields recharge quicker then active shields. I use them on bombers when I assault a planet as with the right flight pattern, I can keep my shields at 100% without ever seeing my energy fall. Also, vs UTGO they are quite useful as long as you keep them at a distance, the ability to recharge shields quicker allows me to soak up more damage long-term then active shields would, and allow me to keep shooting from range at dreads and cruisers. I actually thought that reactive shields were of the same strength as reactive shields, only the reactive recharged faster, until someone explained it to me. Even now, I don't think the active shield is actually twice as strong, it takes too much damage from a single shot to be twice as much. 1,5x stronger then reactive would actually be the best I guessed them to be.

So, if you put reactive shields on the BC's outside, and active on the inside, the shields will recharge faithfully no matter what comes in the fire. Soon as some guy jumps on top of you and fires away, your active shields will take the blow as soon as the reactive are burned through. And as your active shields are getting pounded, you jump, redistribute, recharge partially and go back into the fray.
Apparently, this doesn't work, could you tell me why it doesn't work?

Also, what advantages do defence mode give, OTHER THEN faster recharge of shields at higher energy rate? On active shields, I haven't even found it worth it to turn defence mode on when I'm in a pinch, it takes too much energy for too little percentage shield back.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-29 17:04   
Can you stick beacons on a K'luth ship to keep them from re-cloaking?

If so I'm just gonna fly recon every time we're fighting against them.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2011-09-29 17:05 ]

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-09-29 17:08   
Quote:

On 2011-09-29 17:01, Demigan wrote:
Also, what advantages do defence mode give, OTHER THEN faster recharge of shields at higher energy rate? On active shields, I haven't even found it worth it to turn defence mode on when I'm in a pinch, it takes too much energy for too little percentage shield back.

The thing is, defence mode wasn't meant to be used in combat. What they made it for was a "counter", if you will, for UGTO and Luth armor repair at depots. With defence mode, you can recharge your shields faster than others can recharge their armor. Correct me if i'm wrong.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-29 17:10   
Quote:

But Luth have it too easy vs ICC right now. So instead of 500-700 GU, it should be 350, or maybe 310 GU away. Why? Because that gives ICC players who work together (one in a ship capable of spotting cloaked units, one a battle/combat ship) a few tiny seconds to react. If you don't because you haven't seen the blip appear behind them, they deserve to be shot. Also, the luth lose their secondary escape, cloaking,

You still dont quite understand you have rfead the dev log lately you will se that ugto crusers and dreads are having decloak time increased if u want to find luth get a combat and scout working together use beacons and ping there are allready wasy to combat luth cloak .... use them

Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-29 17:11   
Quote:

On 2011-09-29 16:42, RogueAvenger10 wrote:
Quote:

PRECISELY!

No they dont k'luth may have no falloff but at the cost of allmost no armour why its not easy to play as luth as if a player LEARNS! how to bliind fire most of the time they can be killed you all just want a EASY KILL button this games about skill more than anything and teamwork if theres 2 icc on one gets a scout the other a combat ship and most luth can be defeted as thats 4eccms youve got (possibly +1-2)

No they don't, luth have an easy kill button right now. cloak, jump, alpha, kill. Only bigger ships can get away. But that's the point, they need to RUN, immidiately.

If you read my previous remark, I hope you see I don't want any instant easy kill button. I want a gadget that allows us to counter you, IF we use teamplay and tactics. If I wanted an easy kill button, I would not have asked for that, but for a damage and armour nerf. If we can't counter you, we are simply sitting ducks.

As for 'calling AI', as you noticed the AI isn't the brightest, toss in a target that cloaks and you need to give new orders every time again (while luth burns you away), they don't help that much.
And the 'use a scout ship, you have 4 ECCM'. The scout ship needs to have an indication of your position, and pray he doesn't accidently come within 300 GU, otherwise, it's instant kill and bye bye counter, cloak, and then nail the destroyer who conveniently presented itself. And I tried to use ping, you know what? the ship appeared and disappeared within a second. Leaving me to blindfire upon him. Whoop dee doo, low damage AND low chance of hitting, you don't need good armour for that, you need to learn evasive manoeuvres and your home free!

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-29 17:11   
Quote:

On 2011-09-29 17:04, Fluttershy wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: RogueAvenger10 on 2011-09-29 17:12 ]

No it increase cloak time by 2 seconds per beacon

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-29 17:14   
Quote:

On 2011-09-29 17:11, Demigan wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-09-29 16:42, RogueAvenger10 wrote:
Quote:

PRECISELY!

No they don't, luth have an easy kill button right now. cloak, jump, alpha, kill. Only bigger ships can get away. But that's the point, they need to RUN, immidiately.

If you read my previous remark, I hope you see I don't want any instant easy kill button. I want a gadget that allows us to counter you, IF we use teamplay and tactics. If I wanted an easy kill button, I would not have asked for that, but for a damage and armour nerf. If we can't counter you, we are simply sitting ducks.

As for 'calling AI', as you noticed the AI isn't the brightest, toss in a target that cloaks and you need to give new orders every time again (while luth burns you away), they don't help that much.
And the 'use a scout ship, you have 4 ECCM'. The scout ship needs to have an indication of your position, and pray he doesn't accidently come within 300 GU, otherwise, it's instant kill and bye bye counter, cloak, and then nail the destroyer who conveniently presented itself. And I tried to use ping, you know what? the ship appeared and disappeared within a second. Leaving me to blindfire upon him. Whoop dee doo, low damage AND low chance of hitting, you don't need good armour for that, you need to learn evasive manoeuvres and your home free!

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

in this case could k'luth have a device that counters ur sheilds within 300 gu range and one that counters ugto armour ? it would basicaly take away luths factional advantage...

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-29 17:16   
Quote:

Now defiance had some helpfull tips.

I tried blindfiring, but even when you are capable of seeing the ship it's rather hard to do blindfires (I tried to practice some on AI cruisers of UTGO).

Reading the comments, I can see why 500-700 GU range would be too much. I stayed in ICC because I quite liked battling UTGO if an ICC counter team was present. We lose most of the time, but when we win, there is a real sense of accomplishment and the knowledge that yes, we DID play better then them, and it was not just luck.

But Luth have it too easy vs ICC right now. So instead of 500-700 GU, it should be 350, or maybe 310 GU away. Why? Because that gives ICC players who work together (one in a ship capable of spotting cloaked units, one a battle/combat ship) a few tiny seconds to react. If you don't because you haven't seen the blip appear behind them, they deserve to be shot. Also, the luth lose their secondary escape, cloaking, IF such a ship keeps up with them. But keeping up with them means being practically within their alpha range, meaning careful management of both dictor and such a new weapon is necessary.
That would be more in keeping with ICC, tactical management of what you got to advance. Also, Luth will need to device more intricate tactics then 'cloak and float behind them'. They will need to come from the side or front, or speed up just before they hit the 300 GU distance mark so they are capable of keeping up with the enemy ships. (I haven't played luth, so if I say something really stupid here, tell me so. But only if you have played ICC as well (and determined) as luth)

I will try out the border cruiser, only I have one question: why the active shields on the OUTSIDE?

Reactive shields recharge quicker then active shields. I use them on bombers when I assault a planet as with the right flight pattern, I can keep my shields at 100% without ever seeing my energy fall. Also, vs UTGO they are quite useful as long as you keep them at a distance, the ability to recharge shields quicker allows me to soak up more damage long-term then active shields would, and allow me to keep shooting from range at dreads and cruisers. I actually thought that reactive shields were of the same strength as reactive shields, only the reactive recharged faster, until someone explained it to me. Even now, I don't think the active shield is actually twice as strong, it takes too much damage from a single shot to be twice as much. 1,5x stronger then reactive would actually be the best I guessed them to be.

So, if you put reactive shields on the BC's outside, and active on the inside, the shields will recharge faithfully no matter what comes in the fire. Soon as some guy jumps on top of you and fires away, your active shields will take the blow as soon as the reactive are burned through. And as your active shields are getting pounded, you jump, redistribute, recharge partially and go back into the fray.
Apparently, this doesn't work, could you tell me why it doesn't work?

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

He keeps the actives on the OUTSIDE, because he doesn't actually intend on using the reactives as defense. Because they charge faster, he is basically using them as batteries to keep the outer Active shields charged up. Active shields get low on HP, you transfer power to them. So now you have 100% actives, 0% reactives, but with luck, the reactives will recharge before the HP on the actives runs dry.

I can say, that this method does indeed make for a very hard to kill ship, but they do even less damage then normal ICC cruisers. The point of these I think is to wear down your enemy's patience... I have come across this a few times. One time I stuck with it until the person had to run, the other time I just gave up and left because it would take too long to kill them.

As for defense mode, I only used it when I was in actual battle when I was in a pinch, as you said, to buy me enough time to safely jump out.

As for the beacon... it doesn't help THAT much. You'd think if something had a beacon on it, you could see it cloaked or not... at least with a scanner.

I think it would help ICC out a bit if they had like, personal interdictors on every cruiser class and up ship. Just one that would keep ships from jumping within 200gu of them. Maybe not block JDs from leaving the field, but coming into the field. I think that would actually be pretty fair, and help balance. It wouldn't kill off Kluth or UGTO range, but it would give ICC ships a little more room to manuver.
[ This Message was edited by: Whiterin on 2011-09-29 17:22 ]

Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-09-29 17:41   
Quote:

On 2011-09-29 17:04, Fluttershy wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: Deth*CO2* on 2011-09-29 17:41 ]

No, it doesn't stop them from cloaking, but it makes it harder for them too cloak, And Vis Versa

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-29 18:30   
Rogue before you talk know what the heck your talking bout. As an ICC and Luth player i say say that ICC is vastly underpowered. If you would READ what Demigan said that would require TEAMWORK, you know the thing that DS is trying to move towards. And honestly It is a good idea heck give it to UGTO to to help balance out cloak (Cloak is the hardest thing to balance in any game). And ICC does need their projectile speed increased, i was able to dodge a CDs rails at 500 Gus. The ICs were more tricky

"No they dont k'luth may have no falloff but at the cost of allmost no armour why its not easy to play as luth as if a player LEARNS! how to bliind fire most of the time they can be killed you all just want a EASY KILL button this games about skill more than anything and teamwork if theres 2 icc on one gets a scout the other a combat ship and most luth can be defeted as thats 4eccms youve got (possibly +1-2)"

yeah no armor but this thing called CLOAK. This game is trying to move more towards TEAMWORK not skill. And as for ICC vs Luth, you almost need 2 dreads for every one luth has just to stand a chance

Email *FTL*Soulless
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-29 19:15   
yes, actives on the outside because i dont intend to use them for defense.

However, with reactives on outside if you find yourself in a pinch with a siphon on your tail, and shuck shields to rear, you will burn through all your shield energy and not stop hardly crap. All your shield hp will be siphoned away by the reactive shield.

Take the same scenario, and switch active for outside, and you can take seven to ten full alphas from a siphon and be ok.

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-09-29 19:16 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034564 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR