No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Bring back the configurable ship!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author Bring back the configurable ship!
Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-21 22:29   
Well since its out there

482 and prior were definetly without any doubt more entertaining and engrossing than any version since. My proposal is very short, or not.

If we were to get modding options than the only weapon swapouts that I think would work is only the same slot type.

I.E. modding out a rail and putting in a particle cannon :allowable

I.E. modding out a rail for CL, not allowable

modding costs credits, fairly cheap maybe up too 5 durability. weapons that drop, drop at a less frequent rate than enhancements and will never have a durability of more than 3

core weapons nonmoddable.(obvious reason, KRILL)

Flux wave, pulse wave, cloaking, and ahr possible modding

flux elf and pulse beams are fair game.

Delete reflective armor, composite armor is now the old light armor. Ablative armor will be the heavy armor. No more energy=kinetic damage type armor. Bio organic armor not swappable. However if this raises a fairly big stink than i have this as an idea also

Double the pulse wave and flux wave slot on all ships that carry them and only them. Half the damage of flux wave while keeping the same damage radius. Double the reload time on pulse wave. Essentially flux and pulse will work exactly the same as currently. Now cloak ahr flux wave and pulse can share the same slot, opening up bio organic as a modd, which will be the only armor that can utuilize AHR. Now Im not sure if the MI are using the same exact ahr gadget as kluth or not but if they are than there should be an AHR1 and AHR2(2 being the MI AHR which is not moddable)

Enhancements could be retweaked too do less

As u can see from this proposal there will never be an MD TD or an ED that could prop up as a misstep, Only differences will be too choose the short range heavy damage weapons types or the Long range weak weapon types, and than the middle ground weaponology.

Not necessary but would be cool
Possible Mods cost 4 times as much as any other.

MI SE drive
dunno about the J-drive from wat I remember they have a sick fast recharge rate.
MI torpedo's (the ones the planets used too shoot)

Anyhow I can promise you I would spend way more credits on weapons than I ever would on enhancements as I feel many others would also. There is the thought of balance all the time in this game but than theres the keep a player around quotient. Give a player a sense that they actually had some thought put into there ship makes it feel more like there own, unlike now where joe blow and joe schmoe have got the same exact carbon copy ship that im flying.

U gents are doin a good job wit wat ya got dont take this as a putdown in any way, buts I just wants too be able to put something together myself......ya know
Any how that is all

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-21 23:03   
Don't have to bring back the old 483 system. But more options when swapping out weapons and other hardware would be a huge step towards a more customized system.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2011-04-21 23:46   
The games current design does not lend well to free flow customization. We tried what we could within the limited scope of the game and it was a major headache from the time we designed it, through all the reworks and until we finally yanked it out.

We had ideas for a customization system that had weapons requiring multiple slots or unique geometric space but that would have required a major rewrite of the game code. Time we agreed better spent on fixing other things.

The current add-ons really are the best and easiest system for customizing your game play keeping the game more in line with a basic balance system.

Email Tael
Nutsy
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-21 23:51   
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 22:29, Thugomatic wrote:
Well since its out there

482 and prior were definetly without any doubt more entertaining and engrossing than any version since. My proposal is very short, or not.

If we were to get modding options than the only weapon swapouts that I think would work is only the same slot type.

I.E. modding out a rail and putting in a particle cannon :allowable

I.E. modding out a rail for CL, not allowable

modding costs credits, fairly cheap maybe up too 5 durability. weapons that drop, drop at a less frequent rate than enhancements and will never have a durability of more than 3

i can agree with this for the most part - put a limit on the number of weapon types (i.e. not being to put 12 bomb slots in), but provide a varity of weapons for the type. And allow, for example, to reduce the number of lasers and increase the number of by, say, half. So if there are 8 lasers, 4 can be changed for missles or cannons......... something like this would work.

The basic point I was trying to make was to give us a little more flexibility. If revamping is a step backwards, then can we just tweak the current system a little?

Email Nutsy
Nutsy
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-22 00:01   
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 23:46, Tael wrote:

The current add-ons really are the best and easiest system for customizing your game play keeping the game more in line with a basic balance system.

The basic balance system is one I question at times...... for example Kluth being able to cloak is good, but have them self heal while cloaked throws the balanace off. If it was a matter of they could cloak so they could get out the of the area, then rep like ICC or UGTO need to (supply ship, stat or planet) that would be more balanced.

or having an ICC planet with a shield generator, but not having a similar option for Kluth or UGTO is not balanced - especially since the bombs do the same amount of damamge per hit.

If balance it what you are after, I can agree to that. I do not see how having some customizeable slots throws the balance off - if it is equal across the board. I do undertand the complexitiy of writing code, so I can see that issue........

N

Email Nutsy
Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-22 04:47   
In response too nutsy

Any weapon that is dropped that U would like too put on ur ship u would have too scrap/swap one of your existing weapons, I didnt mean for you too actually add weapons, sorry for not puttin that in there.

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-22 06:18   
I dont know if any of you remember MechCommander and MechWarrior games?? maybe having the type of modding system they have you lets say a dread is like the assault Mech off of MechWarrior3 and that you have 100 tons worth of space for you to place weapons heatsinks ammo (if your that kinda of mech) armor and so on maybe that would be good

just throwing that out into the mix ....................

dang it now i feel like installing MechWarrior3 on my comp to play it

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-22 06:25   
Quote:

On 2011-04-22 06:18, SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness) wrote:
I dont know if any of you remember MechCommander and MechWarrior games?? maybe having the type of modding system they have you lets say a dread is like the assault Mech off of MechWarrior3 and that you have 100 tons worth of space for you to place weapons heatsinks ammo (if your that kinda of mech) armor and so on maybe that would be good

That's like/the same as the Points system.

LightBreaker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-22 07:19   
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 10:42, BackSlash wrote:
No. It was a completely broken system that caused havoc with balance issues et al. If you have that system, then you end up with a game where every weapon is the same, but you can replace it, and we're not going to do that, because that would suck.

We give you a pre-set, I'd suggest on a personal note that you try not to force a ship into a role it's not meant to fill. We try to fill almost every role you'd want on a ship-hull (within reason, balance and faction design) - if something not there, then it's not meant to be for a reason.

+1
Faster Than Light!

Email LightBreaker
Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2011-04-22 07:26   
Minelayer MDs, torp MDs...those were the days! Very broken days, but days they were.

Email Antra
nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-22 07:57   
Quote:

On 2011-04-22 00:01, Nutsy wrote:
Quote:

The basic balance system is one I question at times...... for example Kluth being able to cloak is good, but have them self heal while cloaked throws the balanace off. If it was a matter of they could cloak so they could get out the of the area, then rep like ICC or UGTO need to (supply ship, stat or planet) that would be more balanced.

or having an ICC planet with a shield generator, but not having a similar option for Kluth or UGTO is not balanced - especially since the bombs do the same amount of damamge per hit.

If balance it what you are after, I can agree to that. I do not see how having some customizeable slots throws the balance off - if it is equal across the board. I do undertand the complexitiy of writing code, so I can see that issue........

N

So you suggest every faction be absolutely the same? Great idea, we all love it.

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-22 08:47   
Quote:

No room for Omnidreads in this game....

Nutsy
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-22 08:52   
Quote:

On 2011-04-22 04:47, Thugomatic wrote:
In response too nutsy

Any weapon that is dropped that U would like too put on ur ship u would have too scrap/swap one of your existing weapons, I didnt mean for you too actually add weapons, sorry for not puttin that in there.

You would "exchange" weapons - yep - I understand that and that is how it was before.

Email Nutsy
Nutsy
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-22 08:53   
Quote:

Love those Games!!

And yeah, that is a good idea.

Email Nutsy
Nutsy
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-22 09:03   
Quote:

On 2011-04-22 07:57, nicklane1 wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-22 00:01, Nutsy wrote:
Quote:

N

So you suggest every faction be absolutely the same? Great idea, we all love it.

Every faction SHOULD have its advantages, but there should be a counter.

For example, a Kluth being able to cloak is fine - but stop the auto repair while cloaked - let them limp away and rep like the other two factions need.

And if bombing an ICC planet, provide a "shield buster" bomb.

I am not saying have them identical is the best way - it would make the game too generic. I am saying if you are talking balance, then balance it. Where one faction has an advantage, provide a counter for the other factions to use. If I forget to take advantage of that counter, it is my own fault.

Email Nutsy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025783 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR