No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Increased Enhancements
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Increased Enhancements
Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-03-19 10:23   
i feel enhancements need more negatives...As in If a EAD is gonna put all adv def up's He' needs some type of negatives as in -2% weapon dmg per enh

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-19 10:47   
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 16:45, BackSlash wrote:

The enhancements are locked to 8 purely to stop overstacking of enhancements. The balance between them now is fine, and adjusting it would do nothing but skew that.

He said it all right there.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-19 14:00   
i would love enhancements to be equipped based on type like 3-4 of each type with 1-3 uniques or 1-2 for each listed below with one unique for each group.

Weapons 2 + 1 unique
Defenses 2 + 1 unique
Speed 2 +1 unique
Build/repair 2 + 1 unique

would be nice if build enhancements would work for supply ships(not stations) so they would be more effective when only 1 or 2 noobs have them if they do this i might start flying one again .

that way you rebalance the game cause currently enhancements ruin balance due to the fact it makes existing factions stregths out weigh their weaknesses

examples: 1. adv beams on a kluth is a cheat to me due to the fact that their beams are already strong.

2. weapon multiplexes/adv defense on ugto dreads and stations gives them an increased ability to tank and are currently unbeatable in a 1v1 hell 3v1 in some cases.

3. adv beam coolers on the icc makes pulse beams cancel out other factions missiles and fighters quite effectivly allowing them to enable def mode to tank and long range missile spam.

just to name a few.

Email µOmniVore
Thresh
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-19 14:03   
In my opinion max of 5 ench per ship and 7 per stat and removing 6% ench just let 5% will be balenced hope..........and no ench for ugto ships ) joke

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-19 14:10   
The problem here with this idea is that it would only "balance" small ships for those who have credits to burn.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-03-19 16:43   
More enh would be bad. It wouldn't really balance anything, just make small ships even more OP in the right hands. I guarantee the forum would be flooded with complaints en masse about all the ICC Sensor and Stealth Corvettes with 10x adv weapon multis that would suddenly pop up, let alone if they had 12. And then there's Nymphs or Shells loaded with adv weapon multis. I don't think people would want anything to do with that.

Admiral Kamikaze Bacon
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-19 18:00   
I think a more useful and creative approach would be to allow players to rearrange to locations and distribution of their components/weapons/utilities to match their fighting styles. For me and my RUN AWAY tactics, I would love to be able to reinforce the armor on my tail at the expense of my nose. Also, an extra reactor is always desirable, so perhaps an extra reactor can be substituted for one or more weapons/utilities. If you're constantly having to point defense, it would be very effective to rearrange your lasers to fire forward at the expense of rear weaponry to increase your PD volume on your bow. It might also be nice to introduce "Armor" and "Shield-piercing" weapons and/or one use weapons that can be constructed by players using resources, such as an area-of-effect bomb that can be tractor-beamed through a gate and detonated on gate-campers. Perhaps "stun-type" weapons as well, to temporarily disable a ship's JD or engines, giving you those last couple seconds you need to finish off their hull.

Just some alternatives, but I greatly appreciate everyone's work and contributions to Dark Space! It's a wonderful game as it is!

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-19 19:37   
Quote:

On 2011-03-19 18:00, Admiral Kamikaze Bacon wrote:
I think a more useful and creative approach would be to allow players to rearrange to locations and distribution of their components/weapons/utilities to match their fighting styles. For me and my RUN AWAY tactics, I would love to be able to reinforce the armor on my tail at the expense of my nose. Also, an extra reactor is always desirable, so perhaps an extra reactor can be substituted for one or more weapons/utilities. If you're constantly having to point defense, it would be very effective to rearrange your lasers to fire forward at the expense of rear weaponry to increase your PD volume on your bow. It might also be nice to introduce "Armor" and "Shield-piercing" weapons and/or one use weapons that can be constructed by players using resources, such as an area-of-effect bomb that can be tractor-beamed through a gate and detonated on gate-campers. Perhaps "stun-type" weapons as well, to temporarily disable a ship's JD or engines, giving you those last couple seconds you need to finish off their hull.

Just some alternatives, but I greatly appreciate everyone's work and contributions to Dark Space! It's a wonderful game as it is!

IE "I want free modding again with extra goodies"

+1 to the goodies but when we had free modding which was similar to what you described in the past there where a large number of people who were dissatisfied with the results which were things like Missle destroyers that would be covered in torpedo launchers and pretty much just toast anything you put in front of it. sidestepping the issues of free modding it would be interesting if you could shift the arcs that your weapons face to a reasonable degree.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-20 10:34   
Free modding will never be back, period.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-20 16:39   
Quote:

On 2011-03-20 10:34, BackSlash wrote:
Free modding will never be back, period.

Pretty much the only way to keep a free modding system vaguely balanced would be to have some kind of hideously complicated modding system that has hundreds of limitations on what could be fitted where, in a similar vein to certain other space MMOs out there.

So no.

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-20 17:32   
free modding was the best feature of this game since it's gone this game is so dull no means to experiment with different weapons and configs.

Email µOmniVore
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-20 18:32   
[/quote]

Enhancements can be a quick fix. Balance is not, and always requires time.

To the OP, I can't see this happening. The enhancements are locked to 8 purely to stop overstacking of enhancements. The balance between them now is fine, and adjusting it would do nothing but skew that.

[/quote]

Balance between current enhancements is not fine. Defensive enhancements specifically remove the original design philosophies between the factions, icc defensive, kluth offensive, ugto a balance. A ugto dreadnaught, fitted with a full set of advanced defensive enhancements can tank just as well as the icc variants if not better.

There are zero disadvantages to using the def enhancements, its practicly a must to compete. This is not game breaking to you? You could argue that a full set of weapon enhancements would balance it out, but it doesnt, you simply get vaporized before you even get remotely close to breaking through their armor/shields/whatever.

I could go on a whole seperate rant about the imbalance of ugto armor types when stacked with defensive enhancments when you factor in icc limits, but for the sake of being on topic ill end it here.

[ This Message was edited by: Veronw on 2011-03-20 18:35 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-20 22:34   
Quote:

On 2011-03-20 17:32, *OmniVore* wrote:
free modding was the best feature of this game since it's gone this game is so dull no means to experiment with different weapons and configs.

You know, you could go find another game y'know?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-20 22:36   
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 22:18, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 22:09, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 17:48, Gejaheline wrote:
If I was going to change enhancements, I'd give them all downsides that are roughly even with their upsides so that you can tweak your ship's attributes rather than make them straight-up better. You know, like extra defence, less speed or more attack power, less energy or somesuch.

Then they wouldn't be worth their weight in credits, would they?

I'd pay good money for a more nimble ship, even if I had to sacrifice some armour for it.

That would make some sense.
To get a speed increase you would need to lower mass.

But like i said, the enh would not be worth what they are today if disadvantages were factored in. Blue enh would go for 500 tops.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-03-20 22:36 ]

Admiral Kamikaze Bacon
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-21 22:29   
Quote:

That would make some sense.
To get a speed increase you would need to lower mass.

I find it funny (from a purely physics based point of view- not pushing a change or anything) that all the ships have varying top-speeds, when in space there is negligible drag, so relative speed would be based on thrust... I understand, though that the 'artificial friction' is essential to the ease-of-gameplay.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023573 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR