No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Weapon Racks
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Weapon Racks
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-14 23:45   
Quote:

On 2011-02-14 23:34, Cory_O wrote:
So basicly what this thread has achieved is this:

Weapons coolers are virtually useless because they do not have hardly any effect on weapons. By decreasing the time it takes for a volley to complete you accomplish nothing but a marginal increase in Rate of Fire. It does not increase damage per second or reduce the energy used.

Thankfully i test enhancements in beta first. Hopefully this thread will save alot of people from spending money on something that doesnt really do anything.

oh you be suprised.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-14 23:57   
Weapon coolers might actually be useful on a battle dread by reducing cannon spread, and therefore increasing accuracy and damage- in theory. I have not tested this in practice.

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-15 00:06   
Quote:

On 2011-02-14 23:57, Chewy Squirrel {om nom nom nom nom} wrote:
Weapon coolers might actually be useful on a battle dread by reducing cannon spread, and therefore increasing accuracy and damage- in theory. I have not tested this in practice.

It would be a trade off, from my experience having a larger spread increases you rlikelyhood to hit the target. If you had a smaller spread it would be easier to dodge, however on the other hand if they didnt dodge it you would get more hits in.

It still seems relativly underpowered compared to other enhancements that are available.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-15 00:33   
Quote:

On 2011-02-15 00:06, Cory_O wrote:

It still seems relativly underpowered compared to other enhancements that are available.

Yup.

8 x AWC for 48% cooldown. Your cannons volleys twice as fast.
So if your PCs take 2 secs to fire its volley and 10 secs to recharge (a total of 12 sec between shots)..... then for a grand total of 6400 creds you get it to cycle in 11 secs!! LOL.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-15 00:57   
Quote:

On 2011-02-15 00:33, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-15 00:06, Cory_O wrote:

Yup.

8 x AWC for 48% cooldown. Your cannons volleys twice as fast.
So if your PCs take 2 secs to fire its volley and 10 secs to recharge (a total of 12 sec between shots)..... then for a grand total of 6400 creds you get it to cycle in 11 secs!! LOL.

BUT YOU CAN SAY YOU DO BURST FIRE!!! NOTHING IS MORE COOL THAN HAVING A STREAM OF PCANNONS THAT LOOK LIKE A HUGE PARTICLE BOLT!!!

Edit: Spelling errors.
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2011-02-15 01:07 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-15 09:27   
Tighter volleys also affect dps with regards to accuracy.

Email Sens [R33]
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-02-15 19:17   
Quote:
On 2011-02-14 00:50, Cory_O wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-14 00:17, chlorophyll wrote:
We should wait until Eledore writes an entry in Database about Enhancement. From what you guys have discussed above, I believe we need to listen from official source.

Your move Eledore

Actually that is a good one..
When i find some peaceful time to spend on darkspace ill dig up all the information i have laying around and make a enhancement chapter in the DS-DB.
Will be a blase of figuring out how to give you people the correct information. but indeed it should be worth it.

Still, until that time, feel free to continue to discuss the weapon racks..

p.s. when i first tested the amme weapon racks i did some testing, and at the time i did had a 80% increase.
    Sparrow Missile
    Ammo: 20
20 *1.8 = 36
And i had 36 sparrow missiles on my frigate. So dunno why it cuts one short on fighters. ill check that another time.

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore Massis [R33] on 2011-02-15 19:19 ]

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-15 20:04   
After doing some more testing I have figured out the combination(s) to achieve the maximum possible rate of fire from a battle dread.

There are 2 combinations that both produced approximately 4.2 seconds for a complete firing cycle using the Particle cannon.

6 weapons coolers and 2 weapons condensors.
4 weapons coolers and 4 weapons condensors.

These both seemed to produce near exactly the same rof.
The unmodded rate of fire on the particle cannon is approximately 6.5 seconds. Which means you recieve an increase of 35% in rate of fire.

Edit: Did some more math. A 35% increase in rate of fire is equivelant to 54% increase in damage per second. So using weapons coolers and weapons condensers will actually produce better results than using weapons multiplexors... atleast when it comes to cannons.
[ This Message was edited by: Cory_O on 2011-02-15 20:45 ]
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-15 23:27   
Quote:

On 2011-02-15 20:04, Cory_O wrote:
After doing some more testing I have figured out the combination(s) to achieve the maximum possible rate of fire from a battle dread.

There are 2 combinations that both produced approximately 4.2 seconds for a complete firing cycle using the Particle cannon.

6 weapons coolers and 2 weapons condensors.
4 weapons coolers and 4 weapons condensors.

These both seemed to produce near exactly the same rof.
The unmodded rate of fire on the particle cannon is approximately 6.5 seconds. Which means you recieve an increase of 35% in rate of fire.

Edit: Did some more math. A 35% increase in rate of fire is equivelant to 54% increase in damage per second. So using weapons coolers and weapons condensers will actually produce better results than using weapons multiplexors... atleast when it comes to cannons.

This applies only to weaps with multi-shot volleys right? Not single shot weaps?

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-16 01:55   
This is why I say universally Defense and Multiplexers are the best enhancments to get. The rest is basically filler.

Honestly out of all of the enhancementments I've experiemented with, its universally that Defense Upgrade enhancements produce the most efficent results.

-Ent

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-16 02:54   
need tests done on def upgrades Vs def power. While were on the subjects.

A while back i saw on the dev log that one affects sheilds, and the other armor.. but i think that was canned.

Im conserned as coolers and condernsers used to be the same thing 6 months ago.. Same with def upgrades, and def power. This i know for a fact.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-16 04:04   
Ok ive done some tests of my own. To test armor I hopped on ugto in beta and spawned a light transport, swapped armor for reflective then back to normal and timed how long it took that plate to reach 100%. I did three tests of each to form an average. Also should note that tests for armor were done at 17fps.

Stock - 4m 20sec
8adv upgrades - 4m 24sec
8adv powers -4m 40sec

For shield testing I hoped on ICC on a transport (equivalent to light) and swapped active shields for reactive then back again and timed how long it took that shield to reach 100% under normal mode. I did three tests of each to form an average. Also should note that tests for shields were done at 20fps.

Stock - 3m 14sec
8adv upgrades - 3m 14sec
8adv powers -3m 14sec

Conclusion; Def upgrades and powers give no bonus to ICC shield regeneration rate, and seem to hurt armor regeneration rate. This most likely means that Defense enhancements have no affect on shields.
More tests needed for proper conclusion at this time.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-02-16 04:06 ]

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-16 04:47   
Quote:

On 2011-02-15 23:27, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

This applies only to weaps with multi-shot volleys right? Not single shot weaps?

Pretty much, although it would increase the rof of all weapons (besides beams) it would mostly effect cannons. The more shots the marrier, the EMP, Gauss gun, and Plasma cannon would all be less effective then their counterpart. This is pretty much a setup of enhancments that for now is really only (possibly) better to choose with the battle dread.

@Defiance, I will contemplate a way to accurately test the amount of shields you have and then i will help you test it in beta sometimes.
[ This Message was edited by: Cory_O on 2011-02-16 04:55 ]

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-16 05:56   
Quote:

On 2011-02-14 17:20, Gejaheline wrote:
[EDIT]Okay, I am reliably informed that "weapon cooldown" refers to the time between shots in a volley. It doesn't decrease the time between volleys at all.

There are, however, alternative ways to get your weapons to recharge more quickly.[/EDIT]
[ This Message was edited by: Cory_O on 2011-02-16 07:18 ]

Quote:

On 2011-02-15 09:27, Sens wrote:
Tighter volleys also affect dps with regards to accuracy.

Quote:

On 2011-02-14 22:04, Sens wrote:
Increasing volley fire rate isn't an illusion. It just has varing effects for different weapons.

06:16:01 Cory_O: "do weapons condensors make weapons use more energy?"
06:17:02 JBud: "less."
06:17:42 Cory_O: "thats cool. so its a double benefite enhancement"
06:18:35 JBud: "Coolers and Condensors do the same exact thing, just in different ways."
06:18:59 Cory_O: "they actually do different things... please see weapons racks for my test results on the two"
06:19:45 JBud: "Condensors reduce the amount of energy required for a weapon to recharge. (Thus speeding it up ) Coolers recharge the weapon at a higher rate (Thus speeding it up)"
06:20:07 Cory_O: "coolers increase the speed at which a mutli shop canon will fire all of its shots"
06:20:19 Cory_O: "condensors decrease the time for the recharge phase to complete"
06:20:31 Cory_O: "both contribute to the rate of fire"
06:20:30 JBud: "no."
06:20:53 JBud: "sens is an idiot
06:34:13 JBud: "No, because I can't be arsed to do so, you're an idiot, and I'm not testing an illusion that you seem to be having"

Excerpts from a conversation me and jbud had. I have the whole thing saved because its pretty funny. I just thought i would share this with you all.

Edited to make what the conversation was about more clear.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-16 06:38   
Quoting small parts of a conversation will only cause people to not know what was really being said. I really don't see the point of you quoting those single two lines when you went on for over an hour.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022825 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR