No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Can you see me?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Can you see me?
MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-01 22:46   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 20:19, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Are you talking about just the Kluth? Or every one?

There's no need to nerf anything. All we need to make are little changes for the smaller ships and you'll see some diff.

As for the QQ over cloak, it's been done to death. Most Uggies don't have an issue fighting Kluth, so maybe ICC should take a leaf from their book once in a while.

UGTO don't suck up close.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-01 23:31 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-01 22:49   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 21:33, Azreal wrote:
When I have good support, ...........

That's really the key isn't it?

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-01 23:31 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-01 22:52   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 22:46, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:

UGTO don't suck up close.

What? You don't have Assault cruisers and dreads?

You use assault ships against Kluth. You don't use missile cruisers/dreads.

Adapt... or die.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-01 23:30 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-01 23:07   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 22:52, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Adapt... or die.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-01 23:29 ]

thats a bit of an invalid reply, Kluth as one way do it all, up close
Ugto is pretty much same
Only ICC has to change play style depending on Wich enemy to fight an/or What situation
(i could include sheild rotation, but i Would i would had to include Kluths Cloak management )

19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-01 23:16   
Quote:

Adapt... or die.

Erm.....

ICC are a long range faction. Why do we have to use close range ships, something that we aren't supposed to be specialized in, to fight an enemy?

Zero hit it right on the head, ICC are basically forced to play the way that the enemy plays.

This is one of the reasons why ICC don't actually fight at long range. If you notice, most ICC use Assault Dreads instead of the Combat Dread, which is supposed to be the frontline battleship. We're basically UGTO v2 with missiles instead of fighters. Why?

Because we HAVE TO in order to survive. Which is really upsetting. Instead of being defensive and long range, we HAVE TO use close range ships in order to properly fight enemies. Which is not something we should have to do.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-01 23:32   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 23:16, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
Quote:

Adapt... or die.

Erm.....

ICC are a long range faction. Why do we have to use close range ships, something that we aren't supposed to be specialized in, to fight an enemy?

Zero hit it right on the head, ICC are basically forced to play the way that the enemy plays.

This is one of the reasons why ICC don't actually fight at long range. If you notice, most ICC use Assault Dreads instead of the Combat Dread, which is supposed to be the frontline battleship. We're basically UGTO v2 with missiles instead of fighters. Why?

Because we HAVE TO in order to survive. Which is really upsetting. Instead of being defensive and long range, we HAVE TO use close range ships in order to properly fight enemies. Which is not something we should have to do.

So maybe an anti-cloak field (500-750 gu or something) WOULD be a good idea. Instead of needing dedicated hunter/finder ships (which reduce a group's overall combat effectiveness, and thus is the root of the problem), just give us a single defensive option.

It's not like the krill would have problems either way, just make the drain for the ship so high that it can't move (and disable it's jump. that should go for dictor cruiser too) .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-01 23:59   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 23:32, Reznor wrote:
So maybe an anti-cloak field (500-750 gu or something) WOULD be a good idea. Instead of needing dedicated hunter/finder ships (which reduce a group's overall combat effectiveness, and thus is the root of the problem), just give us a single defensive option.

It's not like the krill would have problems either way, just make the drain for the ship so high that it can't move (and disable it's jump. that should go for dictor cruiser too) .

You mean all ICC ships get an anti-cloak field?

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-02 08:19 ]

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-02 00:36   
I feel that would be kind of ... crap.

So what youre saying is you want a ship that can turn on an "anti cloak field" and all kluth are then visible?

Thats quite possibly the worst idea I have ever heard regarding kluth cloak.

All I really want changed is I want some way to make my eccm auto ping. Its just tedious to do it my self. Especially when I fly a covert ops corvette with its 49 eccm's. But that could just be me being lazy.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-02 01:10   
Lets dissect ICC:
Pros:
-Long range no falloff cannons
-Shield rotation makes for best missle and assault ship
-Nimble with 5% to accel and turning
-Because of shields, no falloff, and nimbleness, ICC is the most viable faction to play as a cruiser or destroyer
-Because of faster weapons ICC is best at dealing with small ships, hiting many small ships when they think they are safe

Cons:
-Combat dread lacks punch
-Even if it has THE BEST assault ships, many ICC don't have rank or badges to get an AC or AD
-High badge reqs for an SS
-If you happen to be caught under 400 gu, pcannons own Rails

Against UGTO:
-ICC frequently missle spam
-Dance around in HCs and Combat Dessies, hitting from around 1k gu with no fall off

Against Kluth:
-You should use your assault ships, they win in 1 on 1 duels any day of the week
-For crying out lound put the md away
-You have superior Electronic Warfare, use it
-In an assault ship, your beams have falloff, rush into the enemy, on the flip side their SIs will now splash on them, and their luth buddies cant focus fire on you without FFing their ally

-On the note of an Anti-Cloak field, what are its counters?
500 to 750 gu is long range from a luth ship's perspective, and they can't ambush the said ship. I can see it now, an area denial of a whole faction by one ship witha little bit of backup.

-Edit: To the person who is saying ICC is having an identity crisis:
Tell that to me when they fix fighters, emp, flux, and system damage, the "specialties" of UGTO. Currently UGTO only has amor and its slugger type combat through manipulation of range and falloff.
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2011-02-02 01:12 ]

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-02 02:53   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 01:10, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
-Edit: To the person who is saying ICC is having an identity crisis:
Tell that to me when they fix fighters, emp, flux, and system damage, the "specialties" of UGTO. Currently UGTO only has amor and its slugger type combat through manipulation of range and falloff.
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2011-02-02 01:12 ]

I have typed in the same thing several times and just never clicked submit for fear of starting some kind of troll fest. But I definately agree with you, that ugto has the very very short end of the stick when it comes to "special abilities".
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-02 04:14   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 23:07, Zero28 wrote:

thats a bit of an invalid reply, Kluth as one way do it all, up close
Ugto is pretty much same
Only ICC has to change play style depending on Wich enemy to fight an/or What situation
(i could include sheild rotation, but i Would i would had to include Kluths Cloak management )

So they HAVE a choice. They can choose to deploy long range archers against UGTO, or close range pounders against Kluth.

I don't see why anyone could possibly complain when they have more choices....

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-02 04:16   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 23:32, Reznor wrote:

ROFL. Anti cloak field.

U guys smoking something good? Let me in on that!

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-02 08:18 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-02 09:21   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 00:36, Cory_O wrote:
I feel that would be kind of ... crap.

So what youre saying is you want a ship that can turn on an "anti cloak field" and all kluth are then visible?

Thats quite possibly the worst idea I have ever heard regarding kluth cloak.

All I really want changed is I want some way to make my eccm auto ping. Its just tedious to do it my self. Especially when I fly a covert ops corvette with its 49 eccm's. But that could just be me being lazy.

Auto ping?

Shall we put in auto guns and auto jump and auto fix, maybe have in some cind of GOD MODE aswell. That could be an GOD GUN on auto mode for cory here, so he can jump around and killing ppl in one shot automatical.

Oh well, atleast im having an good laugh

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-02 13:26   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 22:49, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 21:33, Azreal wrote:
When I have good support, ...........

That's really the key isn't it?

That's the supposed key to the whole game. Dreads work good if they have good cruiser and station support. Stations work well with crtuiser, dread and dessie support. The issue with riding scout is all about pres gained. Well, with grouping, that isn't an issue. And for those that cry about having to take a "combat" ship off the line to run a scout, that really is a bogus arguement as well. Who's to say I would be in a combat ship if I wasn't in a scout? What good is all that combat if you can't find the target you need to kill? It's all weak, limpwristed, low calcium spine kinda whinning.

Anti cloak field? Doesn't matter if people like it or not. It's dumb, game breaking, and wont be added. There isn't anything else that should be done to cloak, or done to counter cloak, until/if/when we get a COMPLETELY NEW CLOAK TECHNOLOGY. Then, maybe it will be warrented.

And for those of you who cry about pinging and this auto ping thing. I have three words for you:

Learn to macro.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-02 13:37   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 13:26, Azreal wrote:
That's the supposed key to the whole game. Dreads work good if they have good cruiser and station support. Stations work well with crtuiser, dread and dessie support. The issue with riding scout is all about pres gained. Well, with grouping, that isn't an issue. And for those that cry about having to take a "combat" ship off the line to run a scout, that really is a bogus arguement as well. Who's to say I would be in a combat ship if I wasn't in a scout? What good is all that combat if you can't find the target you need to kill? It's all weak, limpwristed, low calcium spine kinda whinning.

Anti cloak field? Doesn't matter if people like it or not. It's dumb, game breaking, and wont be added. There isn't anything else that should be done to cloak, or done to counter cloak, until/if/when we get a COMPLETELY NEW CLOAK TECHNOLOGY. Then, maybe it will be warrented.

And for those of you who cry about pinging and this auto ping thing. I have three words for you:

Learn to macro.

Proven today.

Flash managed to kill me with help from a scout driven by Kakashi. I managed to jump a few Uggies in the vicinity of Izhack before they got themselves organized. Just one scout was all it took. Beaconed us, then the EADs came in.

Srsly. Just put the ICC scout there and replace that EAD with an AD. The result would have been the same. Kluth would need to outnumber them to win the engagement.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-02 15:22 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022504 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR